Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad (35984 Views)

10 Cheapest Countries To Live And Work / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by ElRapido: 9:59am On Sep 04, 2018
Here in India, I will say some people are better off staying in Nigeria because things here are not too rosy and the language barrier is another issue on its own.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Benekruku(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Rubbish

Ebonyi state university not on the list.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Gr8lex(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Gkemz:
Tokyo, Iraq, Syria

But for last two options, ensure you equip yourself with guns and antibomb bulletproof.
Antibomb bulletproof?
Chai English iyaf suffer
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by dingbang(m): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2018
What of Poland?
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Glokit(m): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2018
Pls clerify your post .... FRANCE for wot... because some Institutions are free doesn’t mean France is cheap...
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by oyepaulkay(m): 10:10am On Sep 04, 2018
psalmsonovic:
France won't be bad...I go sha see my fellow blacks

Oshey.
grin grin grin
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by ochallo: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2018
Please remove India out of the list. India is only suitable for short term professional courses after you have a direct recommendation from a Nigerian. The good schools in India are usually very competitive and difficult to get into because the Indians themselves are falling over themselves to get into them, the other schools are just waste of time. India has one of the greatest certificate mills in asia with shops posing as universities with heavy online presence and high profile websites.

While Cost of living and education is considerably low, the community especially the northern parts are not english speaking or friendly. Nigerians there also have not helped the situation by drug peddling and police bribery.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2018
Officiallysocal:
Studying abroad offers you access to a better education and tourist experience. It qualifies you for a membership in the club of people who do not only see the four walls of their country till they kiss the dust ― there are many of them.

Many students for sure wants to study abroad, but varying factors especially money is the main factor belaying them.

Good News! There are countries with affordable tuition fee which you can take advantage of, irrespective of your nationality. Below are our top5:

1. India

India is one of the fastest developing countries in the world with a high cultural diversity. The tuition fee and cost of the living total are far below what you would budget if you were to enroll in institutions in places like Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.

Tuition fees in India are between $400 and $3000 depending on your course and choice of institution. Government aided universities are, however, cheaper than private owned institutions. Cumulative average expenditures of studying and living in India is between $2,500 and $7,000 or above per year.

African students stand a better chance of studying for a far lower price in this country through an Education For All program (EDFA). At postingday.com we discovered that, the program offers a scholarship for students ready to study in India and also provide them paid internship jobs on arrival.

2. Argentina

Public universities in Argentina are tuition-free for students irrespective of nationality and academic grade. Sometimes thou, depending on the school, international students might need to pay a small nominal fee to enroll. Living cost is also affordable. You are good with about $5,000 per year; covering accommodation, feeding, transport and other expenses.

3. Germany

Germany also offers tuition-free education for international students except for Baden-Wurttemberg state universities in its south-west. The living cost in Germany is about $11,500 per year. It is worthy to know that Germany like Argentina also charges a small nominal fee, around $210.

4.France
In this French country, the university is known as Grande Ecole. Don’t be surprised to see it attached to their school names. Grande Ecole tuition is free in France. The cost of living is approximately similitude to that of Germany, average $11,500 per year.

5. Norway

Norway is last on our list because of its high living expenses. Cost of living in Nordic countries is always high. You might be wondering why is it then on the list? Don’t you wish to hear that Norway universities are tuition free for all students irrespective of their nationality ― you don’t need to qualify as an EU member citizen. And also, this tuition-free policy applies to all levels of education.

You will need to pay a small nominal fee here too, around $50. The only challenges are that most undergraduate programs are taught in Norwegian and you will need a proof of proficiency in Norwegian to be offered admission. Postgraduates programs ― Maters and Ph.D. ― taught in English are very common.

Cost of living in Norway average $12, 945 per year.

What are you waiting for? Get on the plane and go for that education and tourist experience you have been waiting for.

6.Copyrights Of Postingday.com

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/09/03/top5-cheapest-countries-for-international-students-to-study-abroad/

"" Tuition fees in India are between $400 ""

U mean 400 dollars as monthly tuition fee or annual tuition fee?
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CapitanS: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2018
You no add Malaysia
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by johndoefoo: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:
Tuition fee is not free in Germany for international students of non EU/EEA link.

To enjoy free tuition in Germany,, you have to be a citizen of Europe, married to a European, or a family member of a European.
And I am sure it is probably the same for France too.
Tuition is free in Germany
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by jbreezy: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

Germany is better than all those countries.

Especially for Engineers and scientists.
Much better educational standards, easier access to good and relevant jobs.

but d language barrier?
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Bankyproperties: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2018
God will help us...
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by darlingtonNYIG(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:
Here in Germany, life is not as easy as you people think. Things are a little bit expensive as compared to places like France, USA etc.
Don't discourage others. Here in Germany, you can be whatever you wanna be with little or nothing. I am a student with good grades and earn enough money to save for good plans.

13 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Mydazz(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2018
sweetyme001:
alright!!! With Buhari and Some progressive people in APC piloting the affairs of this great nation. Very soon, na those countries citizens go dey rush Nigeria!! Please I urge all progressive Nigerians to give Buhari second term to repair completely the destruction pdp led administration has inflicted on Nigerians. After that he hand over to another progressive person to take Nigeria to a greater height!!

Please do mention just one educational policy by this current government towards achieving this feat

3 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Sterope(f): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Most of their educated citizens speak and understand the English Language.

eleojo23:
Countries wey no dey speak English.

They may offer courses in English language but interacting with citizens of those countries will be difficult.

So language barrier is a major constraint.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2018
It's not necessarily about the tuition being cheap or affordable but are the schools world class? Top 100? Can they aid one in getting employed as a foreigner and obtaining PR status? These are important things to note. Other than Germany and France, the rest don't have good universities. I see no reason a Nigerian should study in a school abroad when it's not in the top 200 globally (ARWU, QS & THE).

Additionally, anyone who desires to study abroad should not have language barrier as a complain. Better stay in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Sufisunni: 11:10am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

The technical university of Munich and a couple of other unis have tuition fee for international students on their website.

No! Technical University of Munich has no tuition fees, it is only a semester fees of €129.4.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CSTR1005: 11:14am On Sep 04, 2018
johndoefoo:

Tuition is free in Germany
costs
As of winter semester 2017/18, international students (from third countries / non-EU countries) who enroll in the bachelor's, teacher's or consecutive master studies must pay tuition fees of 1,500 EUR per semester. Further information can be found here: Tuition fees

https://www.intl.kit.edu/istudent/9074.php
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by steveDpro: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2018
Indian colleges are cheap, if you are interested in studying in India contact this guy.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by oke48(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

The technical university of Munich and a couple of other unis have tuition fee for international students on their website.

Please don't mislead the public. TUM has no tuition fee for international students. I am currently doing PhD studies at the Technical University of Munich and I'm not paying any tuition fee as an international student. Like I mentioned earlier, only semester fee is paid. Except you're talking about some management courses which might attract some tuition fee.

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by oke48(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

costs
As of winter semester 2017/18, international students (from third countries / non-EU countries) who enroll in the bachelor's, teacher's or consecutive master studies must pay tuition fees of 1,500 EUR per semester. Further information can be found here: Tuition fees

Does one university rule apply to others? It's better you give an instance but please don't generalize. Of course, some public universities now charge some fee but not all. As a matter of fact, most of them don't charge as I type this.

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by johndoefoo: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

costs

Maybe that school, Most public university is tuition free. You only pay semester ticket which is around 100-300€ which gives access to free transportation in the state for the semester.

https://daad.de/en

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by 007inc: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:
Here in Germany, life is not as easy as you people think. Things are a little bit expensive as compared to places like France, USA etc.
Genau!
Dem think say w easy.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CSTR1005: 11:39am On Sep 04, 2018
oke48:

Please don't mislead the public. TUM has no tuition fee for international students. I am currently doing PhD studies at the Technical University of Munich and I'm not paying any tuition fee as an international student. Like I mentioned earlier, only semester fee is paid. Except you're talking about some management courses which might attract some tuition fee.
Are you being taught in German or English?

And did you require German proficiency to get admitted.?
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by vansledge(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Mille:
Whoever wrote this article is high on cheap weed. I have studied in both France and Germany and I will point out facts.

- Grand Ecole is not the same as a university. In fact, they are levels apart (just like comparing a college of education to Unilag). A grand ecole is more elite, prestigious and renowned than a university in France. They are regarded as the Harvard of France, so it shouldn't surprise you that over 80% of people in top managerial positions are graduates of Grand Ecoles.

- Did I read wrong or did this article just say Grand Ecole is free in France? Even the normal polytechnic and universities are not free talk more of a Grand Ecole. Grand Ecole's can have tuition up to €50,000 per year. While normal universities are much cheaper (from €600 per semester), the cost of living in France is something else. In my opinion, it is second only to Switzerland when talking about the most expensive countries in Europe.

- Some parts of Germany are tuition free but most states have introduced tuition. Besides that, you need to pay a semester fee for every semester as well as deposit about 4M in a German blocked account. I wouldn't call that cheap. You are better off going to countries like Poland, Ukraine and Turkey even with a paid tuition.

Please if you ever want to study in France, make sure you speak French to an understandable level. I speak French up to level A2 before going and I must confess my life was still a living hell. The language barrier in France can make you commit suicide (not an exaggeration) despite the fact that I was in the second biggest city in France. It is almost the same in Germany but still a lot better than France.

dude can a guy who has resident permit in France use that visa to study in Belgium (probably leave in Belgium while studying)?
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by mekuso89(m): 11:45am On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:
yesterday it was norway today is Germany, have mercy on your self

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by mekuso89(m): 11:47am On Sep 04, 2018
vansledge:

dude can a guy who has resident permit in France use that visa to study in Belgium (probably leave in Belgium while studying)?
shengen--shengen i think its possible
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Kanurii: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2018
this is for oyinbo people
for naija na Malaysia Cyprus Ukraine
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:

Oga come back najia na make u see pepper

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH Investigates Death Of Final Year Student Who Fell Into Soakaway (Photo) / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.