Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad (35970 Views)

10 Cheapest Countries To Live And Work / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Officiallysocal: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Studying abroad offers you access to a better education and tourist experience. It qualifies you for a membership in the club of people who do not only see the four walls of their country till they kiss the dust ― there are many of them.

Many students for sure wants to study abroad, but varying factors especially money is the main factor belaying them.

Good News! There are countries with affordable tuition fee which you can take advantage of, irrespective of your nationality. Below are our top5:

1. India

India is one of the fastest developing countries in the world with a high cultural diversity. The tuition fee and cost of the living total are far below what you would budget if you were to enroll in institutions in places like Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.

Tuition fees in India are between $400 and $3000 depending on your course and choice of institution. Government aided universities are, however, cheaper than private owned institutions. Cumulative average expenditures of studying and living in India is between $2,500 and $7,000 or above per year.

African students stand a better chance of studying for a far lower price in this country through an Education For All program (EDFA). At postingday.com we discovered that, the program offers a scholarship for students ready to study in India and also provide them paid internship jobs on arrival.

2. Argentina

Public universities in Argentina are tuition-free for students irrespective of nationality and academic grade. Sometimes thou, depending on the school, international students might need to pay a small nominal fee to enroll. Living cost is also affordable. You are good with about $5,000 per year; covering accommodation, feeding, transport and other expenses.

3. Germany

Germany also offers tuition-free education for international students except for Baden-Wurttemberg state universities in its south-west. The living cost in Germany is about $11,500 per year. It is worthy to know that Germany like Argentina also charges a small nominal fee, around $210.

4.France
In this French country, the university is known as Grande Ecole. Don’t be surprised to see it attached to their school names. Grande Ecole tuition is free in France. The cost of living is approximately similitude to that of Germany, average $11,500 per year.

5. Norway

Norway is last on our list because of its high living expenses. Cost of living in Nordic countries is always high. You might be wondering why is it then on the list? Don’t you wish to hear that Norway universities are tuition free for all students irrespective of their nationality ― you don’t need to qualify as an EU member citizen. And also, this tuition-free policy applies to all levels of education.

You will need to pay a small nominal fee here too, around $50. The only challenges are that most undergraduate programs are taught in Norwegian and you will need a proof of proficiency in Norwegian to be offered admission. Postgraduates programs ― Maters and Ph.D. ― taught in English are very common.

Cost of living in Norway average $12, 945 per year.

What are you waiting for? Get on the plane and go for that education and tourist experience you have been waiting for.

6.Copyrights Of Postingday.com

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/09/03/top5-cheapest-countries-for-international-students-to-study-abroad/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by eleojo23: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Countries wey no dey speak English.

They may offer courses in English language but interacting with citizens of those countries will be difficult.

So language barrier is a major constraint.

29 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by strangest(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Australia, Canada, US, Uk, Japan, China.. maybe South Korea.... any other one... count me out

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Balet: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Here in Germany, life is not as easy as you people think. Things are a little bit expensive as compared to places like France, USA etc.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by DBossNG(m): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2018
ok
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by sweetyme001(f): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2018
alright!!! With Buhari and Some progressive people in APC piloting the affairs of this great nation. Very soon, na those countries citizens go dey rush Nigeria!! Please I urge all progressive Nigerians to give Buhari second term to repair completely the destruction pdp led administration has inflicted on Nigerians. After that he hand over to another progressive person to take Nigeria to a greater height!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by psalmsonovic(m): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2018
France won't be bad...I go sha see my fellow blacks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Badonasty(m): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2018
Officiallysocal:
Studying abroad offers you access to a better education and tourist experience. It qualifies you for a membership in the club of people who do not only see the four walls of their country till they kiss the dust ― there are many of them.

Many students for sure wants to study abroad, but varying factors especially money is the main factor belaying them.

Good News! There are countries with affordable tuition fee which you can take advantage of, irrespective of your nationality. Below are our top5:

1. India

India is one of the fastest developing countries in the world with a high cultural diversity. The tuition fee and cost of the living total are far below what you would budget if you were to enroll in institutions in places like Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.

Tuition fees in India are between $400 and $3000 depending on your course and choice of institution. Government aided universities are, however, cheaper than private owned institutions. Cumulative average expenditures of studying and living in India is between $2,500 and $7,000 or above per year.

African students stand a better chance of studying for a far lower price in this country through an Education For All program (EDFA). At postingday.com we discovered that, the program offers a scholarship for students ready to study in India and also provide them paid internship jobs on arrival.

2. Argentina

Public universities in Argentina are tuition-free for students irrespective of nationality and academic grade. Sometimes thou, depending on the school, international students might need to pay a small nominal fee to enroll. Living cost is also affordable. You are good with about $5,000 per year; covering accommodation, feeding, transport and other expenses.

3. Germany

Germany also offers tuition-free education for international students except for Baden-Wurttemberg state universities in its south-west. The living cost in Germany is about $11,500 per year. It is worthy to know that Germany like Argentina also charges a small nominal fee, around $210.

4.France
In this French country, the university is known as Grande Ecole. Don’t be surprised to see it attached to their school names. Grande Ecole tuition is free in France. The cost of living is approximately similitude to that of Germany, average $11,500 per year.

5. Norway

Norway is last on our list because of its high living expenses. Cost of living in Nordic countries is always high. You might be wondering why is it then on the list? Don’t you wish to hear that Norway universities are tuition free for all students irrespective of their nationality ― you don’t need to qualify as an EU member citizen. And also, this tuition-free policy applies to all levels of education.

You will need to pay a small nominal fee here too, around $50. The only challenges are that most undergraduate programs are taught in Norwegian and you will need a proof of proficiency in Norwegian to be offered admission. Postgraduates programs ― Maters and Ph.D. ― taught in English are very common.

Cost of living in Norway average $12, 945 per year.

What are you waiting for? Get on the plane and go for that education and tourist experience you have been waiting for.

6.Copyrights Of Postingday.com

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/09/03/top5-cheapest-countries-for-international-students-to-study-abroad/

Cyprus nko?

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Gkemz: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Tokyo, Iraq, Syria

But for last two options, ensure you equip yourself with guns and antibomb bulletproof.

9 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by pilarnig(m): 9:43am On Sep 04, 2018
Nigeria should be on the list

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by abumeinben(m): 9:43am On Sep 04, 2018
What's a black man doing in Argentina? You're warned.

India? Please head to Ghana or Gabon. Those Indian police can go naught for no reason, especially against Nigerians. But if you go o, try avoid saying "Hi" to Indian ladies in public...

10 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Georgekyrian(m): 9:43am On Sep 04, 2018
I go with France, what of turkey and China
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by jbreezy: 9:43am On Sep 04, 2018
Weytin i wan find go india...shey na dancing competition i wan do ni...abeg, if itz nt usa, uk, canada, s.a..ama sit bk here and find one good uni for naija to go...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2018
what of China and Japan.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2018
strangest:
Australia, Canada, US, Uk.... any other one... count me out
Can you afford it? If yes, no problem.

4 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by chicoMX(m): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2018
eleojo23:
Countries wey no dey speak English.
.India dey speak Arabic

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by kindnyce(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2018
Language barrier will always be the impediment to the successful study in those countries.
£11,0000 per annum for upkeep? kiss kiss
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by strangest(m): 9:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Dicki:

Can you afford it? If yes, no problem.

chevening, australiaawards, phd fully funded.... by HIS GRACE, I will

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CSTR1005: 9:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Tuition fee is not free in Germany for international students of non EU/EEA link.

To enjoy free tuition in Germany,, you have to be a citizen of Europe, married to a European, or a family member of a European.
And I am sure it is probably the same for France too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 04, 2018
grin
Observing...
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by eleojo23: 9:50am On Sep 04, 2018
chicoMX:

.India dey speak Arabic
English is just one of the many official languages in India. Hindi is more popular.
Only less than 20% of Indians speak English.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Just2endowed2(m): 9:51am On Sep 04, 2018
hmmm
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CSTR1005: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2018
jbreezy:
Weytin i wan find go india...shey na dancing competition i wan do ni...abeg, if itz nt usa, uk, canada, s.a..ama sit bk here and find one good uni for naija to go...
Germany is better than all those countries.

Especially for Engineers and scientists.
Much better educational standards, easier access to good and relevant jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Mille: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2018
Whoever wrote this article is high on cheap weed. I have studied in both France and Germany and I will point out facts.

- Grand Ecole is not the same as a university. In fact, they are levels apart (just like comparing a college of education to Unilag). A grand ecole is more elite, prestigious and renowned than a university in France. They are regarded as the Harvard of France, so it shouldn't surprise you that over 80% of people in top managerial positions are graduates of Grand Ecoles.

- Did I read wrong or did this article just say Grand Ecole is free in France? Even the normal polytechnic and universities are not free talk more of a Grand Ecole. Grand Ecole's can have tuition up to €50,000 per year. While normal universities are much cheaper (from €600 per semester), the cost of living in France is something else. In my opinion, it is second only to Switzerland when talking about the most expensive countries in Europe.

- Some parts of Germany are tuition free but most states have introduced tuition. Besides that, you need to pay a semester fee for every semester as well as deposit about 4M in a German blocked account. I wouldn't call that cheap. You are better off going to countries like Poland, Ukraine and Turkey even with a paid tuition.

Please if you ever want to study in France, make sure you speak French to an understandable level. I speak French up to level A2 before going and I must confess my life was still a living hell. The language barrier in France can make you commit suicide (not an exaggeration) despite the fact that I was in the second biggest city in France. It is almost the same in Germany but still a lot better than France.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by buchilino(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2018
APART FROM ARGENTINA, D OTHERS R OK.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by oke48(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:
Tuition fee is not free in Germany for international students of non EU/EEA link.

To enjoy free tuition in Germany,, you have to be a citizen of Europe, married to a European, or a family member of a European.
And I am sure it is probably the same for France too.

It is free sir for almost all public universities. The only thing you pay for is semester fee between 100 to 350 euros depending on the university. Also for visa purpose, you have to provide admission letter from the university and means of finance to cover your living expenses. That's about 8860 euros per year.

In general, you don't have to be a citizen of Germany or Europe to enjoy free tuition in Germany.

9 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by tunary(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:
Here in Germany, life is not as easy as you people think. Things are a little bit expensive as compared to places like France, USA etc.
Where you for take go Germany
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by AlphaStyles(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2018
Argentina,france and norway blow my mind but aah argentina too far jare i rather go with france or norway if to say money dy and dollar no high people for don go abroad forget about jamb and post utme wey dy Bleep people up anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CSTR1005: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2018
oke48:

It is free sir for almost all public universities. The only thing you pay for is semester fee between 100 to 350 euros depending on the university. Also for visa purpose, you have to provide admission letter from the university and means of finance to cover your living expenses. That's about 8860 euros per year.

In general, you don't have to be a citizen of Germany or Europe to enjoy free tuition in Germany.
The technical university of Munich and a couple of other unis have tuition fee for international students on their website.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:

That's what people don't know.

Here in Israel, the situation is the same!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things That Will Happen In 2017 JAMB That Have Never Happened Before / Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best? / UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.