Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad (35990 Views)

10 Cheapest Countries To Live And Work / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by wayz(m): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
India.... here i come
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by kbanty22(m): 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:
Tuition fee is not free in Germany for international students of non EU/EEA link.

To enjoy free tuition in Germany,, you have to be a citizen of Europe, married to a European, or a family member of a European.
And I am sure it is probably the same for France too.
Bro please stop saying what you don't know. I am currently studying in Germany and no tuition fees is been paid. I only pay semester fee of about 200euros which covers cost of transportation around the state

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by chukwutope: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Beggars shouldn't be choosers.

Instead of opinions of dudes who haven't left anambra state, seek the advice of people who have already been to these countries. India or Malaysia does not randomly arrest people (you are mistaking them with our own police), you peddle in drugs, yes be prepared to do the time.

If education is you aim, you will be given the respect that is due when in India or Thailand or US.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by mide419: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
sweetyme001:
alright!!! With Buhari and Some progressive people in APC piloting the affairs of this great nation. Very soon, na those countries citizens go dey rush Nigeria!! Please I urge all progressive Nigerians to give Buhari second term to repair completely the destruction pdp led administration has inflicted on Nigerians. After that he hand over to another progressive person to take Nigeria to a greater height!!

Ara ajoka

Iberibe adighi mma

Onye nwere nti ya nuru

3 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
tunary:
Where you for take go Germany

He's right. At least in major cities. A 1 bedroom flat could cost you 850 to 1000 euros per month. How much can u work a month to pay that and other bills?

Even people with standard jobs find it difficult to keep up with that. A bit cheaper in the interior towns. But generally not cheap as u think. Is almost not possible to save anything or you rather even owe credit month end. Not as many people think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by ottidex(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
Noel1:

That's what people don't know.

Here in Israel, the situation is the same!

Israel..those ones are brutal..

Make den no carry u go camp o
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by KendrickAyomide: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:
Tuition fee is not free in Germany for international students of non EU/EEA link.

To enjoy free tuition in Germany,, you have to be a citizen of Europe, married to a European, or a family member of a European.
And I am sure it is probably the same for France too.

300 euros is free
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by JuanDeDios: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
Mille:

Please if you ever want to study in France, make sure you speak French to an understandable level. I speak French up to level A2 before going and I must confess my life was still a living hell. The language barrier in France can make you commit suicide (not an exaggeration) despite the fact that I was in the second biggest city in France. It is almost the same in Germany but still a lot better than France.
That's surprising since most French people understand or speak English.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Mille: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
JuanDeDios:

That's surprising since most French people understand or speak English.

Believe me, it will be more surprising when you get there and see for yourself. Even if some can speak, they will not attempt to. Most blacks that are in France DO NOT also speak English.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Mille: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
vansledge:

dude can a guy who has resident permit in France use that visa to study in Belgium (probably leave in Belgium while studying)?

Not possible.

Schenghen visa only allows you to travel, partake in short courses or conferences but it does not allow you to study, work or partake in any economic activities in another country other than which it was given.

I had to apply for a separate student visa when going to France, despite having a valid German resident permit.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by rock003: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
sweetyme001:
alright!!! With Buhari and Some progressive people in APC piloting the affairs of this great nation. Very soon, na those countries citizens go dey rush Nigeria!! Please I urge all progressive Nigerians to give Buhari second term to repair completely the destruction pdp led administration has inflicted on Nigerians. After that he hand over to another progressive person to take Nigeria to a greater height!!

The way they've been rushing to Nigeria for the past three years, abi?

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by JuanDeDios: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
Mille:

Believe me, it will be more surprising when you get there and see for yourself. Even if some can speak, they will not attempt to. Most blacks that are in France DO NOT also speak English.
Well, I heard they DON'T LIKE to speak English. But I thought it was only politicians who are like that. They teach English to kids in public schools - just as they do in Germany - so it's quite surprising there are many who don't speak.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by CharlesJok3r: 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
Balet:
Here in Germany, life is not as easy as you people think. Things are a little bit expensive as compared to places like France, USA etc.
But still better than this shithole called nigeria!
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by saintkeppy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
ochallo:
Please remove India out of the list. India is only suitable for short term professional courses after you have a direct recommendation from a Nigerian. The good schools in India are usually very competitive and difficult to get into because the Indians themselves are falling over themselves to get into them, the other schools are just waste of time. India has one of the greatest certificate mills in asia with shops posing as universities with heavy online presence and high profile websites.

While Cost of living and education is considerably low, the community especially the northern parts are not english speaking or friendly. Nigerians there also have not helped the situation by drug peddling and police bribery.

Na true sha, they have some of The best short professional courses centers/institutions around, majors in IT, Oil&Gas or Petro-Chemical, instrumentations etc.

I have intention of going for 1year program at AMET University at Chennai, India.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by princedegreat(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Germany still remain the best because of their free tuition the issue is the blocked account of €9800
Just don't stay in the big cities because that is where things are expensive is just like staying in abuja
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by savio93(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

costs
As of winter semester 2017/18, international students (from third countries / non-EU countries) who enroll in the bachelor's, teacher's or consecutive master studies must pay tuition fees of 1,500 EUR per semester. Further information can be found here: Tuition fees

https://www.intl.kit.edu/istudent/9074.php

Bro, have you schooled in Germany?
If not, then listen to those who are there.

Tuition fee is free for all states in Germany apart from one.. The one the OP stated.

Stop all this argyement.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by zizytd(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2018
In Germany just even two states pay tuition fee. Even the states are even debating whether not to pay tuition fee. My semester fee is just 72euros. I school in a small town of 50000people. I speak little German but I don't find life difficult. Many people here speak English. Germany's language barrier is not as bad as people paint it.

3 Likes

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Sleezwizz: 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
Badonasty:

Cyprus nko?

I hear say cyprus no too make sense

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by vansledge(m): 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
Mille:

Not possible.

Schenghen visa only allows you to travel, partake in short courses or conferences but it does not allow you to study, work or partake in any economic activities in another country other than which it was given.

I had to apply for a separate student visa when going to France, despite having a valid German resident permit.
Thanks bro, pls can I send u a PM cos I have so many things I will like u to explain... thanks bro
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
zizytd:
In Germany just even two states pay tuition fee. Even the states are even debating whether not to pay tuition fee. My semester fee is just 72euros. I school in a small town of 50000people. I speak little German but I don't find life difficult. Many people here speak English. Germany's language barrier is not as bad as people paint it.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by bezimo(m): 2:14am On Sep 05, 2018
Officiallysocal:
Studying abroad offers you access to a better education and tourist experience. It qualifies you for a membership in the club of people who do not only see the four walls of their country till they kiss the dust ― there are many of them.

Many students for sure wants to study abroad, but varying factors especially money is the main factor belaying them.

Good News! There are countries with affordable tuition fee which you can take advantage of, irrespective of your nationality. Below are our top5:

1. India

India is one of the fastest developing countries in the world with a high cultural diversity. The tuition fee and cost of the living total are far below what you would budget if you were to enroll in institutions in places like Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.

Tuition fees in India are between $400 and $3000 depending on your course and choice of institution. Government aided universities are, however, cheaper than private owned institutions. Cumulative average expenditures of studying and living in India is between $2,500 and $7,000 or above per year.

African students stand a better chance of studying for a far lower price in this country through an Education For All program (EDFA). At postingday.com we discovered that, the program offers a scholarship for students ready to study in India and also provide them paid internship jobs on arrival.

2. Argentina

Public universities in Argentina are tuition-free for students irrespective of nationality and academic grade. Sometimes thou, depending on the school, international students might need to pay a small nominal fee to enroll. Living cost is also affordable. You are good with about $5,000 per year; covering accommodation, feeding, transport and other expenses.

3. Germany

Germany also offers tuition-free education for international students except for Baden-Wurttemberg state universities in its south-west. The living cost in Germany is about $11,500 per year. It is worthy to know that Germany like Argentina also charges a small nominal fee, around $210.

4.France
In this French country, the university is known as Grande Ecole. Don’t be surprised to see it attached to their school names. Grande Ecole tuition is free in France. The cost of living is approximately similitude to that of Germany, average $11,500 per year.

5. Norway

Norway is last on our list because of its high living expenses. Cost of living in Nordic countries is always high. You might be wondering why is it then on the list? Don’t you wish to hear that Norway universities are tuition free for all students irrespective of their nationality ― you don’t need to qualify as an EU member citizen. And also, this tuition-free policy applies to all levels of education.

You will need to pay a small nominal fee here too, around $50. The only challenges are that most undergraduate programs are taught in Norwegian and you will need a proof of proficiency in Norwegian to be offered admission. Postgraduates programs ― Maters and Ph.D. ― taught in English are very common.

Cost of living in Norway average $12, 945 per year.

What are you waiting for? Get on the plane and go for that education and tourist experience you have been waiting for.

6.Copyrights Of Postingday.com

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/09/03/top5-cheapest-countries-for-international-students-to-study-abroad/

Not completely true..Dont misguide anyone.I did my masters in France in one of those grand ecole schools. So i have first hand info.
First French higher education is divided into primarily 2 classes.The Universities and the Grand ecole(ivy league schools).To get into a grande ecole is very competitive at the bachelor level, those french students dont pay much for tuition..but as an international student..you must be french speaking and pass through the class preparatoire for 2 yrs of intense studies before you get into the grand ecole amd study for 3 yrs, but entering as a Master or PhD student..For masters student in the grand ecole you pay tuition and its not cheap..at least €7500/term.
The cost of living is not too high..Food is cheap, Accomodation fairly decent, you get support from Govt in the form of CAF stipends paid to make up 50-60% of your rent, which is great.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Ejadike(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
zizytd:
Bro, I greet you. Please what's the name of your school? Are you in scholarship? If yes can I apply as an HND holder for Masters or PGD? If no, what do I need to enroll? Thanks G.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by zizytd(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ejadike:
Bro, I greet you. Please what's the name of your school? Are you in scholarship? If yes can I apply as an HND holder for Masters or PGD? If no, what do I need to enroll? Thanks G.
Sorry for answering late. Am not in scholarship. To find more of German school go to travelling to Germany on travel section in this nairaland. You will be amazed on the information you will see there.
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Ejadike(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
zizytd:

Sorry for answering late. Am not in scholarship. To find more of German school go to travelling to Germany on travel section in this nairaland. You will be amazed on the information you will see there.
okay G. Bless you. How much is tuition in your school?
Re: Top5 Cheapest Countries For International Students To Study Abroad by Just2endowed2(m): 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
kbanty22:
Bro please stop saying what you don't know. I am currently studying in Germany and no tuition fees is been paid. I only pay semester fee of about 200euros which covers cost of transportation around the state

Hello Bro,

Can I pm you or chat with you? My number/whatsapp is on my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH Investigates Death Of Final Year Student Who Fell Into Soakaway (Photo) / Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.