Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,232 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August (517 Views)

'Subsidy Back As FG Pays ₦169.4 Billion In August' - Daily Trust / PPPRA Increases Price Of Petrol From N140.80 To N143.80 Per Litre / Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by sophsia62: 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) said it recorded its highest ever monthly revenue of N140.4 billion in August 2018.

The Nigeria Customs Public Relations Officer, Mr Joseph Attah revealed this on Tuesday in Abuja.

According to Attah, the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) said the improvement was as a result of dogged pursuit of several reform programmes.

Ali highlighted some of the reforms to include strategic deployment of manpower and upgrade on the electronic systems from Nigeria Integrated Customs Information System (NICIS I) to NICIS II which had succeeded in blocking leakages.

He also said the increase in revenue was as a result of strict enforcement of extant guidelines by the Nigeria Customs Service Tariff and Trade Department and robust stakeholder engagements resulting in higher compliance.

The NCS boss said the increased disposition of Officers and Men to change their way of doing things for the better had impacted positively on the organisation’s productivity.

“The implementation of three pronged Presidential mandate of ‘Restructure, Reform and Raise revenue’ in NCS has continued to strengthen the Service as a crucial contributor to National economy and Security.

“The Service has effectively seized 156,090 bags of smuggled rice, 15,632 sets of military wears, 489,000 ammunitions and other items.

“This is in addition to the highest monthly revenue collection of over N140 billion in August 2018.

“This positive harvest in the areas of anti-smuggling and revenue generation is a clear testimony of what can be achieved under a selflessly focused leadership,” Ali said in a statement.

The NCS boss called on Nigerians to support the Service by providing credible information that would help nip smuggling in the bud and generate the needed revenue for national development.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that in the month of July, the NCS declared N556.7 billion as revenue generated from January to June, 2018.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/official-customs-generates-n1404.html

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by Butterflyleo: 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Wow shocked

This is a first! This has never happened in the history of Nigeria.

140b in just one month.

PMB is working

1 Like

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by tomakint: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Wow shocked

This is a first! This has never happened in the history of Nigeria.

140b in just one month.

PMB is working

What's wrong with you can you confirm the figure? Is is not to just type out any figure and present before you Buharists and the next thing you lots are dancing shaku shaku up and down.....if you really can think you should be crying now why are we suffering in pains, hungers and misrule despite trillions realized from looted funds, customs revenue yearly and other lies from this useless government. Stop that Wow Wow shocked shocked like a robotic toy being wind by my little boy ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by Butterflyleo: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
tomakint:

What's wrong with you can you confirm the figure? Is is not to just type out any figure and present before you Buharists and the next thing you lotsLOT are dancing shaku shaku up and down.....if you really can think you should be crying now why are we suffering in pains, hungersHUNGER and misrule despite trillions realized from looted funds, customs revenue yearly and other lies from this useless government. Stop that Wow Wow shocked shocked like a robotic toy being windWOUND UP by my little boy ok

I have already confirmed it. The money has been remitted to the FG.

Cry me an ocean oh ye wailers whose tears never dry up.

Uneducated small boy I have corrected your horrendous English for free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by tomakint: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Look at this clown typing from one corner of his room saying he has confirmed. Can you marry the suffering Nigerians are going through now to the huge amount of funds at your messiah's disposal? Perhaps Buhari is saving them to be spent in heaven......funny human being......if I hear that wow wow sound for your mouth there again you will see what will hit you next, supporter of lying government with no conscience
Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I doubt you got any farm as claimed by you.... Bloody liar

1 Like

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by Butterflyleo: 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
tomakint:

Look at this clown typing from one corner of his room saying he has confirmed. Can you marry the suffering Nigerians are going through now to the huge amount of funds at your messiah's disposal? Perhaps Buhari is saving them to be spent in heaven......funny human being......if I hear that wow wow sound for your mouth there again you will see what will hit you next, supporter of lying government with no conscience

I am actually typing from my vehicle being driven by my driver and not from my lovely home.

Wow wow wow

Wailing wailer may your tears never run dry

[img]https://media1./images/301a2dd35b99d6757719cf47ad3125aa/tenor.gif?itemid=5106316[/img]

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

So what is the money been used for? Why is FG stil borrowing
Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by Butterflyleo: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

I doubt you got any farm as claimed by you.... Bloody liar

Monitoring spirit in wailers skin if you observed, I have not really been active online today. Busy day at my newly acquired farm land for expansion. Just leaving there to make some purchases now.

You can believe whatever you want oh ye wailer grin
Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by Butterflyleo: 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So what is the money been used for? Why is FG stil borrowing

In your mind you might erroneously think Nigeria as an entire country is as small as Bayelsa so requires a very small sum of money to tend and develop when it comes to the massive infrastural drives being handles by the FG.

Perhaps to you as an individual 140billion naira is a lot of money but not so for a country as diversified as Nigeria with all her challenges.
Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by Basseybruce: 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Can such amount be generated under a LIFELESS PRESIDENTLollllllllz

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

In your mind you might erroneously think Nigeria as an entire country is as small as Bayelsa so requires a very small sum of money to tend and develop when it comes to the massive infrastural drives being handles by the FG.

Perhaps to you as an individual 140billion naira is a lot of money but not so for a country as diversified as Nigeria with all her challenges.
Its all propaganda
Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by tomakint: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I am actually typing from my vehicle being driven by my driver and not from my lovely home.

Wow wow wow

Wailing wailer may your tears never run dry

[img]https://media1./images/301a2dd35b99d6757719cf47ad3125aa/tenor.gif?itemid=5106316[/img]

Indeed cheesy grin

Re: Official: Customs Generates N140.4 Billion In August by buharitill2023: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Five PDP Governors Woo Buhari / 2018 Osun Decides :cast Your Online Vote. Which Party Will Win / Failed Assassination: Make Sure You Get Aim Before Shooting At Us – Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.