Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks (32889 Views)

Crypto Bull Run 2024/2025!!! What You Need To Know And Coins You Need To Buy. / Who Knows D Cost Of A Bag Of Crayfish In Onitsha Know And Hw Many Painters In It / 6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ordinary ATM we are using isn't secure, now na WhatsApp.

When your people WhatsApp your money out of your accounts, you will come and cry.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by AngelicBeing: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
xreal:
Hope this wouldn't make 'job' easy for 'yahoo boys'?
Gbam tongue
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Elvis295(m): 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
Yahooo boys looking at d process like...

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
If our boys can hack and mine bitcoin, then they can hack this.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by lordraiden(m): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
This shît looks scary...person go just collect your fone send HI and your money is gone...boom
I no do mobile banking app is cool
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ceeceeuwa: 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
How secured is it? Waiting for First Bank Nigeria ��...
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Alaadin(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hmm if whatsapp re now creating bots like telegram and slack , and dem no make am FOSS dem dey mess up ooooo, cause this is the only explanation to whatsapp banking , you cannot be mounting humans at the other end.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ipobarethieves: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
IamJix:
cheesy

I wonder why they are called first bank.
cool
IamJix:
cheesy

I wonder why they are called first bank.
FBN =Erin lakatabu.Com bank with us and Experience peace of mind
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by xegeto1: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2018
LLP I'm[quote author=FODA post=70907500]Nice development,hope they will not count this as part of achievement? Lolz]

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by arabralph(m): 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
I have just done mine and it's safe and convenient.just like how you do other ATM or Mobile app transactions.until you give someone your pin,then you have compromised it's security.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Mark Zuckerberg, one of the smartest investors in 21st century. He is already testing the monetization of whatsap through one of its revenue-generating potentials by incorporating it with banking transactions.
When Zuckerberg bought whatsap 4 years ago, his competitors thought he would change a lot of policies at the expense of its customer's comfort such as accepting ads, selling information to third parties e. g big firms and governments, instead, he disappointed them as we have seen (that till date, no ads on whatsap and it is secured via end to end encryption, which means our conversations are not backed up in any server).

What Zuckerberg bought then was the growth of whatsap, which it's competitors didn't notice earlier, he bought whatsap for $19 billion (an amount the founder never ever dreamt of realizing in both near and far future). whatsap is the fastest growing among its' competitors today.

Once he reach the desired number of users, he would start monetizing it gradually, here it is testing the ground already how e go be. This is just one of the potential monetization of whatsap , watchout for Dish subscription, whatsap business, whatsap online transactions which are already in the pipeline.

A university dropout for that matter, smart brain makes money while certificate holders work for smart Brains

My first comment since joining nairaland

Abdulhakeem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by felixawe(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ecobank replies chart after days of waiting...Union bank is a no go area...charges recklessly even on interbank (self) transfer. So annoying & studid !
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by piagetskinner(m): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2018
abeggy how safe is it...make I jejely stick to my ussd code
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by 360great(m): 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Love ur name though grin
annnikky:
Is really nice buh What happens if ur fone is stolen
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ogaju007(m): 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
dragon2:
Where will the whatsapp server for Nigerian banks be based? Abroad?. If so,I am worried.
which server in Nigeria is as secure as whaysapp server on the moon?
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Imustreturn(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
Shey them go charge us for this one also?
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Newboss(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
kunkelhanspeter:
Please pals which Nigeria banks has the highest fix deposit rate and
How can I ask or post my issue on nairaland help!!!!
I hope you know that the rate (example 4.5% for gtb) is per annum though the tenor is 30 days or 60 days, etc ? It's basically worthless if you look at it well.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by IYANGBALI: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
annnikky:
Is really nice buh What happens if ur fone is stolen
na to pack your money be dat now
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by IYANGBALI: 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
360great:
Love ur name though grin
toasting wan start. Shiooooor
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by jjmk(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Charges? Cos Nigerian banks and charges are very friendly. So how much will they charge me for using it. Already Access charge 10 naira for checking your balance via their USSD code. Same for GTB. But First bank is still free....for now.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by gentlegenius(m): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
FODA:
Nice development,hope they will not count this as part of achievement?
Nairaland zombies will count this as part of buhari's achievement in office. grin

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ifymadu: 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
finnestdope:

Very secured
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ifymadu: 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
nelronaldo:

Yh
Great
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by ifymadu: 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
alphaconde:

If u loose guard even the most secured becomes insecure
Sure, very correct
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by gentlegenius(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2018
anxiousguy:
One thing is sure, to empty someone's account all I have to do is spoof their MAC address and boom I have a replica of their WhatsApp on my phone.

Please someone should quote me with Mutala Muhammed Airport Helpline. My aunt arrived the country via that airport and she is stranded there
Why won't she be stranded in this dullard's regime?
BTW weting she come find for this God forsaken country when we here are looking for a way to leave?
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by chiogoezubem(f): 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
OK, noted.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by airsaylongcon: 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
If our boys can hack and mine bitcoin, then they can hack this.

Mining bitcoin (and all other crypto currencies) isn't illegal though.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by airsaylongcon: 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
Alaadin:
Hmm if whatsapp re now creating bots like telegram and slack , and dem no make am FOSS dem dey mess up ooooo, cause this is the only explanation to whatsapp banking , you cannot be mounting humans at the other end.

Do they have to be FOSS? Presently WhatsApp isn't FOSS and we all use it. They claim end-to-end private key encryption and even though they haven't made that public domain, we accept ait and believe them. I personally prefer Signal and Telegram in that order
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Alaadin(m): 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Do they have to be FOSS? Presently WhatsApp isn't FOSS and we all use it. They claim end-to-end private key encryption and even though they haven't made that public domain, we accept ait and believe them. I personally prefer Signal and Telegram in that order

the end to end encryption is solid , but then if they are allowing bot building on their platform they should let us know like they did with fb messenger. but then for dev and tinkering purposes na telegram ooooo, will check signal out have not heard about it
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by sunnedee2: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Moreoffaith:
Bank mobile app has ruined some people life, op you wan make I tear you slap abi ??

Who you wan go cry meet if your money is transfered through WhatsApp?

How much i get wey I wan dey play with yahoo boys

As I dey see my 7,942 for my account pay me o, no come pour sand sand for mg garri abeg.

You made me laugh so hard man... Thanks for making my day.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by olurili(m): 11:51pm On Sep 04, 2018
[quote author=Moreoffaith post=70907473]Bank mobile app has ruined some people life, op you wan make I tear you slap abi ??

Who you wan go cry meet if your money is transfered through WhatsApp?

How much i get wey I wan dey play with yahoo boys

As I dey see my 7,942 for my account pay me o, no come pour sand sand for mg garri abeg.

May god give u happiness ur whole life,u just make someone laugh seriously tonight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multipurpose Cooperative Society "World Bank Grant" SCAM / Obafemi Olopade: My Calabar Condom, Syringe Factories Were Killed By Government / Emefiele: Oba Otudeko Rebuffed My Pleas On First Bank Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.