Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks (32873 Views)

Crypto Bull Run 2024/2025!!! What You Need To Know And Coins You Need To Buy. / Who Knows D Cost Of A Bag Of Crayfish In Onitsha Know And Hw Many Painters In It / 6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Amuluonyenaego: 12:27am On Sep 05, 2018
KEYSTONE WILL BE THE LAST TO JOIN.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by moppie123(m): 12:27am On Sep 05, 2018
FBN. More details soon

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Rick9(m): 12:55am On Sep 05, 2018
Aint interested. Not when am not sure of the security
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by YungPrinzz(m): 2:44am On Sep 05, 2018
annnikky:
Is really nice buh What happens if ur fone is stolen
same old solutions, missy. You contact your bank immediately, and be rest assured they’ll block every possible channel through which the missing phone can be used to tamper with your account.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by walezy85: 4:00am On Sep 05, 2018
Cryptocurrency is taking over
Blockchain is changing currency now as we are gradually moving from fiat to cryptocurrency/digital currency please don't be left out join me as I put you through for free & you will start earning cool cash these are all you need
1)email address
2)telegram account
3)Facebook&Instagram(both are seldomly used for airdrop)
4)Twitter
5)ethereum wallet(MEW or imtoken)
Please & please do yourself this great favor by joining us here: https:///743wtv3mbFiFba76DaJw0h
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by anxiousguy: 4:27am On Sep 05, 2018
gentlegenius:

Why won't she be stranded in this dullard's regime?
BTW weting she come find for this God forsaken country when we here are looking for a way to leave?
She was deported. Thanks for your concern. We've gotten in touch with her
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by bamasite(m): 5:20am On Sep 05, 2018
Una thank you, but USSD banking is the highest risk I can take......I no go cross that threshold
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by edlion57(m): 5:31am On Sep 05, 2018
Sounds good but my app is more secure
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by micolaj: 5:42am On Sep 05, 2018
AbdulHakeem44:
Mark Zuckerberg, one of the smartest investors in 21st century. He is already testing the monetization of whatsap through one of its revenue-generating potentials by incorporating it with banking transactions.
When Zuckerberg bought whatsap 4 years ago, his competitors thought he would change a lot of policies at the expense of its customer's comfort such as accepting ads, selling information to third parties e. g big firms and governments, instead, he disappointed them as we have seen (that till date, no ads on whatsap and it is secured via end to end encryption, which means our conversations are not backed up in any server).

What Zuckerberg bought then was the growth of whatsap, which it's competitors didn't notice earlier, he bought whatsap for $19 billion (an amount the founder never ever dreamt of realizing in both near and far future). whatsap is the fastest growing among its' competitors today.

Once he reach the desired number of users, he would start monetizing it gradually, here it is testing the ground already how e go be. This is just one of the potential monetization of whatsap , watchout for Dish subscription, whatsap business, whatsap online transactions which are already in the pipeline.

A university dropout for that matter, smart brain makes money while certificate holders work for smart Brains

My first comment since joining nairaland

Abdulhakeem
You made a beautiful point. But I will like to correct you on that education of a thing. For me, I see formal education as a leverage not a license to change the world.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by dljbd1(m): 5:51am On Sep 05, 2018
I know GTB can never be on this list ever angry
Those guys are as slow as Glo

Anyways...we don dey use this service for telegram na since...via kudi.ai wink
Na only account balance we never fit check but all bank transfers are just 45 bucks so I use it for only interbank transfers cool
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by dljbd1(m): 5:52am On Sep 05, 2018
sad
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by chyboiy0007(m): 6:08am On Sep 05, 2018
Am really very sceptical about this given the fact it wasn't pioneered by Gtbank. I really hope it's secured.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by donqx: 6:59am On Sep 05, 2018
hmm
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by omuo1(m): 7:07am On Sep 05, 2018
Good innovation we don't need to go into the banking hall before we can make our transactions.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Moreoffaith(m): 7:20am On Sep 05, 2018
[quote author=olurili post=70909948][/quote]

Amen

I pray God put smile on your face forever and ever .
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Moreoffaith(m): 7:22am On Sep 05, 2018
sunnedee2:

You made me laugh so hard man... Thanks for making my day.

You are always welcome my dear brother.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by gentlegenius(m): 7:23am On Sep 05, 2018
anxiousguy:
She was deported. Thanks for your concern. We've gotten in touch with her
Deported?
Hmmm... It's a pity.
Pls tell her to register and get her PVC asap. Let's join hands together to stop the desperate dullard from misleading this country and vote in someone that has the ideas and ability to make our country great again.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by mechanics(m): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2018
I still prefer the mobile app, but it misbehaves act times.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by macarson2k(m): 7:38am On Sep 05, 2018
finnestdope:
Dopi Technologies Post

It's not been up to a year the USSD banking system was introduced and now comes WhatsApp Banking. While the USSD banking system uses short dial codes; this system simply requires you add a specific number to your WhatsApp contact list and start performing bank transactions.

This system of banking is aimed at easing up banking stress for Nigerians. You can just send money, pay bills, top-up airtime, check balance, etc right on WhatsApp messenger. Not to forget, many Nigerian banks also have integrated virtual assistants to help with bank transaction via FB messenger.

How to set up WhatsApp Banking
There no much stress here, as long as you have the Whatsapp messenger installed on your mobile phone, you could easily set this up. All you need to do is to add the mobile number provided by your bank to your Whatsapp contact list, register, and start banking.

Banks currently using the WhatsApp Banking System
Below are the Nigerian banks currently using this system of banking and how to set it up.

Access WhatsApp Banking

If you are an Access bank customer, follow the steps below to set up and start using the Whatsapp banking system for your transactions.

WhatsApp Banking is a social media platform designed to allow existing and potential customers make use of financial services that Access Bank offers such as funds transfers, airtime purchase, bill payments, balance enquiry, account opening and so much more

First, you have to save this number on your mobile phone and use the commands below - +2349090901901

1. Launch the WhatsApp app
2. Say ‘Hi’
3. A menu will appear for you to select an option
4. Select ‘Register’
5. Input your first and last name, email address, and Access Bank Account Number”
6. Registration is complete
7. Access WhatsApp Banking will ask if further assistance is needed
8. Banking ends the session

UBA WhatsApp Banking

United Bank for Africa has also launched its chat banking mobile number. It means UBA customers can now perform bank transactions directly from their WhatsApp messenger.

With Leo on WhatsApp, customers who are users and lovers of the app can now can perform basic banking services including checking their balances on the go, transferring funds, paying bills, among other services.

“This only goes to show that our resolve in continuing to deploy innovative solutions that place customers first, using cutting edge technology for their collective satisfaction and excellent banking experience is important to us. This recognition will further spur us to do more in meeting the needs of our customers with unrivalled services.”

“Our recent launch of Leo in 13 other African countries is evidence that UBA has on its agenda, the objective of digital creativity especially in service for our trusted customer base across the African continent.” - Chief Executive Officer, UBA, Mr. Kennedy Uzoka

To use the UBA chat banking system, add this number to your mobile phone contact list and bank with the commands below - +2349030002455

1. Open WhatsApp
2. Send "Hi"
3. Accept the terms and conditions by entering 1(one)
4. Follow the provided link to register using your UBA account number
5. Return to Whatsapp, enter the OTP(One Time Password) send to your mobile number and off you go!

Transactions you can do via the WhatsApp Banking system
Check Balance
Send Money
Airtime Topup
Pay Bills
And many more

More Nigerian Banks to Join the Race Soon!
FirstBank and GTB (Guarantee trust Bank) have indicated interest to integrate this system of banking and will be launching their mobile numbers soon. Other banks are also expected to join the race sooner.

What More?
This method still requires an active internet connection, and will not work on feature mobile phones because they do not support WhatsApp messenger app. However, the most versatile banking system is the use of USSD codes; this method does not make use of internet connection and it works on all mobile devices. Users of feature phones like Nokia C1, Asha, etc. cannot use this system of banking.

At dopitech, we have previously talked about USSD banking, read here - [url="https://www.dopitech.com/nigerian-banks-ussd-codes-mobile-banking/"]All Nigerian Banks USSD Codes For Mobile Banking[/url]

Remember to share this article with friends on social media. We'll update this post once other banks launch their Whatsapp banking number. Have a great day!

Link: https://www.dopitech.com/whatsapp-banking/

Nice

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by madgoat(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2018
This is a good reason why we should all use security lock on our androids incase the fone gets lost/stolen
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 05, 2018
finnestdope:
Dopi Technologies Post

It's not been up to a year the USSD banking system was introduced and now comes WhatsApp Banking. While the USSD banking system uses short dial codes; this system simply requires you add a specific number to your WhatsApp contact list and start performing bank transactions.

This system of banking is aimed at easing up banking stress for Nigerians. You can just send money, pay bills, top-up airtime, check balance, etc right on WhatsApp messenger. Not to forget, many Nigerian banks also have integrated virtual assistants to help with bank transaction via FB messenger.

How to set up WhatsApp Banking
There no much stress here, as long as you have the Whatsapp messenger installed on your mobile phone, you could easily set this up. All you need to do is to add the mobile number provided by your bank to your Whatsapp contact list, register, and start banking.

Banks currently using the WhatsApp Banking System
Below are the Nigerian banks currently using this system of banking and how to set it up.

Access WhatsApp Banking

If you are an Access bank customer, follow the steps below to set up and start using the Whatsapp banking system for your transactions.

WhatsApp Banking is a social media platform designed to allow existing and potential customers make use of financial services that Access Bank offers such as funds transfers, airtime purchase, bill payments, balance enquiry, account opening and so much more

First, you have to save this number on your mobile phone and use the commands below - +2349090901901

1. Launch the WhatsApp app
2. Say ‘Hi’
3. A menu will appear for you to select an option
4. Select ‘Register’
5. Input your first and last name, email address, and Access Bank Account Number”
6. Registration is complete
7. Access WhatsApp Banking will ask if further assistance is needed
8. Banking ends the session

UBA WhatsApp Banking

United Bank for Africa has also launched its chat banking mobile number. It means UBA customers can now perform bank transactions directly from their WhatsApp messenger.

With Leo on WhatsApp, customers who are users and lovers of the app can now can perform basic banking services including checking their balances on the go, transferring funds, paying bills, among other services.

“This only goes to show that our resolve in continuing to deploy innovative solutions that place customers first, using cutting edge technology for their collective satisfaction and excellent banking experience is important to us. This recognition will further spur us to do more in meeting the needs of our customers with unrivalled services.”

“Our recent launch of Leo in 13 other African countries is evidence that UBA has on its agenda, the objective of digital creativity especially in service for our trusted customer base across the African continent.” - Chief Executive Officer, UBA, Mr. Kennedy Uzoka

To use the UBA chat banking system, add this number to your mobile phone contact list and bank with the commands below - +2349030002455

1. Open WhatsApp
2. Send "Hi"
3. Accept the terms and conditions by entering 1(one)
4. Follow the provided link to register using your UBA account number
5. Return to Whatsapp, enter the OTP(One Time Password) send to your mobile number and off you go!

Transactions you can do via the WhatsApp Banking system
Check Balance
Send Money
Airtime Topup
Pay Bills
And many more

More Nigerian Banks to Join the Race Soon!
FirstBank and GTB (Guarantee trust Bank) have indicated interest to integrate this system of banking and will be launching their mobile numbers soon. Other banks are also expected to join the race sooner.

What More?
This method still requires an active internet connection, and will not work on feature mobile phones because they do not support WhatsApp messenger app. However, the most versatile banking system is the use of USSD codes; this method does not make use of internet connection and it works on all mobile devices. Users of feature phones like Nokia C1, Asha, etc. cannot use this system of banking.

At dopitech, we have previously talked about USSD banking, read here - [url="https://www.dopitech.com/nigerian-banks-ussd-codes-mobile-banking/"]All Nigerian Banks USSD Codes For Mobile Banking[/url]

Remember to share this article with friends on social media. We'll update this post once other banks launch their Whatsapp banking number. Have a great day!

Link: https://www.dopitech.com/whatsapp-banking/

SHEY UNA DON YERN GODWIN EMEFIELE? ABI ADEOSUN NA HIM TALK AM? LET'S YOUR BANK INTRODUCE IT TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. I BEG WE BE PERSON PIKIN OO....IF NA LIE YOU DEY YERN .....JAPA!!!
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by harrysistus(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2018
innovative
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by uuzba(m): 8:16am On Sep 05, 2018
Great504:
ѕυċн α вʀιℓℓιαηт ιɗєα. тєċнησℓσgу αηɗ ιηησναтιση. кєєρ ιт υρ.

Chinese people do this type if thing on wechat
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by bennaz(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2018
This is not safe at all.
Your Whatsapp can be easily accessed and be logged in on the web from another device. Everything you do on ur app can also be done on the other device that is logged in via d web
Take caution!
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by Passovile: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2018
IamJix:
cheesy

I wonder why they are called first bank.
Because na them first come, no be say them they carry' first o
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by amabengroup2(m): 8:54am On Sep 05, 2018
bennaz:
This is not safe at all.
Your Whatsapp can be easily accessed and be logged in on the web from another device. Everything you do on ur app can also be done on the other device that is logged in via d web
Take caution!

sorry sir or Madam, I think you missed something here...... For you to run WhatsApp web, you must activate with your mobile and you must keep your mobile data on in other to keep the web version running, so if that's your fears, then you have nothing to fear from that angle.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by amabengroup2(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2018
madgoat:
This is a good reason why we should all use security lock on our androids incase the fone gets lost/stolen

very correct, it's of a very great importance for one to increase the security level of his phone and also use strong app lockers for added security.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by amabengroup2(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2018
mechanics:
I still prefer the mobile app, but it misbehaves act times.

I believe that is the reason to also have this activated maybe as a plan B in the case of failure in one angle.
Diversity is the spice of life.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by amabengroup2(m): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2018
chyboiy0007:
Am really very sceptical about this given the fact it wasn't pioneered by Gtbank. I really hope it's secured.

Boiy.......grow up Mr pioneer, so if it's not Gtb it has no legitimacy abi.......wake up and think.
Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by boblawson(m): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2018
Moreoffaith:
Bank mobile app has ruined some people life, op you wan make I tear you slap abi ??

Who you wan go cry meet if your money is transfered through WhatsApp?

How much i get wey I wan dey play with yahoo boys

As I dey see my 7,942 for my account pay me o, no come pour sand sand for mg garri abeg.

na so 4480naira dissappear for my account 3 days ago...how can some withdraw 4480naira in lagos when i am with my atm in akwa ibom state...is there cashless withdrawal on POS? cos i Don tire

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Banking: All You Need To Know And Current Operating Banks by annnikky(f): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2018
360great:
Love ur name though grin
Hmmmm...tnx smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items / Obafemi Olopade: My Calabar Condom, Syringe Factories Were Killed By Government / Multipurpose Cooperative Society "World Bank Grant" SCAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.