Stats: 3,162,835 members, 7,851,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos (35052 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Some People Laughed At Me When My Son Died / Pastor Success Sunday Forced To Marry Fiancée's Corpse Who Died During Abortion / Pastor Adeboye Preaches At ‘Holy Communion Service’ After Son, Dare's Death (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by webtutorr: 5:38am On Sep 05, 2018
hmmm, omehn this their looks no be here oo
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by ednut1(m): 5:39am On Sep 05, 2018
Nawa
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by uvie66: 5:40am On Sep 05, 2018
nurshah:

America has its own issues and most often are seeing netting out justice on blacks ..if thus makes headline in us most will say hmmm blacks blah blah blah but if whites trust me they will say mental issue and go on to give diagnosis
sharrap your mouth there, and don't bring race into the issue, you can fast as an adult as much as you want but don't force minor under your care to do it, that is child abuse period. Upon all the fasting we have been doing in Nigeria, we are still one of the poorest countries in the world.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by kunle75(m): 5:43am On Sep 05, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian couple has been arrested in the US for allegedly allowing their teenage son to starve to death and his brother to become severely emaciated during a religious fast.

Wisconsin prosecutors charged Kehinde Omosebi, 49, and Titilayo Omosebi, 48, with child neglect causing death and child neglect causing great bodily harm. Both charges are felonies and carry a combined maximum sentence of 37 years in prison .

Reedsburg Police Chief Timothy Becker says the father went to the police station Sunday to report the death of his 15-year-old son. When police arrived at the family's home they found the dead teen and an extremely emaciated 11-year-old boy.
The mother was also found to be emaciated.

Becker said the father told police he was a minister affiliated with Cornerstone Reformation Ministries and that the family had started a religious fast on July 19. Investigators do not believe the father is a minister and made up the name of the ministry.

Becker says police do not believe the father is a minister..

The younger boy and his mother were brought to the hospital. The mother refused treatment, citing religious reasons, and was taken to the Sauk County Jail.

The 11-year-old is in protective custody at Children’s Hospital in Madison..

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/nigerian-parents-arrested-after-son-dies-following-religious-fast-in-us.html

I saw this in the news when i drove by at a convenience store in Wisconsin Milwaukee precisely Sunday 2/9/2018

Am a Nigerian but i detest all this ignoramus hiding under religious pretense to do all this shit.
Since i have been here i have never heard from my white man pastor Mike Hammond asking members to go on fasting exercise its only naija churches here that are full all those trash and they still carry their yeye poverty mentality down here too.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 05, 2018
STUPID PARENTS.
Imagine their looks despite residing in the US of all places, where food is enormous.
They are really fasting their lives away
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 05, 2018
nurshah:

America has its own issues and most often are seeing netting out justice on blacks ..if thus makes headline in us most will say hmmm blacks blah blah blah but if whites trust me they will say mental issue and go on to give diagnosis

You had to bring racism into an issue that is so open?

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by AngelicBeing: 5:48am On Sep 05, 2018
nurshah:

Good . now,to get rid of this cruel god, kindly stop using any if his supplies be it water ,air ,vegetation .create yours and be a good god to your creations
Gbam cool

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by usmee(m): 5:48am On Sep 05, 2018
It's a shame!!!
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Mankosi: 5:50am On Sep 05, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by fcnaxo: 5:50am On Sep 05, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
angry angry
Odour'a Peoples Coneheads = OPC .... na dem cheesy grin
lool smh
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by adecz: 5:51am On Sep 05, 2018
undecided undecided undecided

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Orpe7(m): 5:53am On Sep 05, 2018
famousguy01:
Nigerians and this our believe, I remembered my friend's mum who was very religious in naija, but when he went for visiting in the UK her orientation changed completely. When we ask her what happened she told us that God is not that hard to serve, that in London they work and not sleep in church expecting miracle.

Copy n paste
Liar liar which kain friend's mom

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by omoelerin1: 5:53am On Sep 05, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
angry angry
Your sgnature and personal text show it all.
pathetic lot.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Mizwisdom(f): 5:54am On Sep 05, 2018
They've got no money to feed on, hence the lies about fasting.
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Bullhari007(m): 5:58am On Sep 05, 2018
Afonja always in news for bad... they intentionally starve Him to death so his skull will be easy prey to mine by them
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Toosure70: 5:58am On Sep 05, 2018
God have mercy
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Mizwisdom(f): 5:59am On Sep 05, 2018
nurshah:

You are right. If it was a white family they will say depression or insanity.
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Quality20(m): 6:00am On Sep 05, 2018
well its not Muslim fast that caused their predicament. The Islamic fast is quite mild ,gentle and comfortable that even a ten year old can under go successfully without qualms, except of course if he/she isn't well

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by buchai: 6:08am On Sep 05, 2018
they look like they are still fasting in the picture above pls US government should tell them to stop fasting they dont look like people living in US they look more like people living in poorest country in Africa than living in US.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by LegitBoyy: 6:11am On Sep 05, 2018
famousguy01:
Nigerians and this our believe, I remembered my friend's mum who was very religious in naija, but when he went for visiting in the UK her orientation changed completely. When we ask her what happened she told us that God is not that hard to serve, that in London they work and not sleep in church expecting miracle.

Bros no dy give us zobo for here... This same gist was on Twitter last month and even nairaland. You read it some where, it didn't happen to your friends mum grin

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by KAYD007(m): 6:12am On Sep 05, 2018
nurshah:

Good . now,to get rid of this cruel god, kindly stop using any if his supplies be it water ,air ,vegetation .create yours and be a good god to your creations

You should provide hard and irrefutable evidence he is the maker of this your so called supplies.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by seunmsg(m): 6:21am On Sep 05, 2018
It gladdens my heart that they've been arrested and will be prosecuted. Even if the parents want to starve themselves in the name of some religious bull crap, why starve the innocent child to death as well?

Again, the deity or god they were fasting and praying to couldn't help prevent the death of the child. It also won't help them to avoid long prison terms.

When they eventually get locked up in the cold prison cells, I hope they can reflect on their stupidity and see how religion had ruined their lives.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by ipobarecriminals: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2018
embarassed so unfortunate. They look gauntlet. back home ,police go look elsewhere after collect kola.Fasting is good but we over do thing here.We pray,fast and fight, collect bribe .May God deliver ipob from self inflicted curse* dive*
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by maasoap(m): 6:28am On Sep 05, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
angry angry

No, Christianity done that to them because one of shiit pastor managed to brainwash them over the phone from Nigeria.
When you are a Christian, even if you reside in USA, your mumu button is still in the hand of your daddy GO. Lol.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by CArt(m): 6:31am On Sep 05, 2018
HEFAIROHLUWA:
Some christians will ofcourse never see this one! Imagine thousands of similar cases here in AFRICA...they will say words like "that innocent child is a witch/possessd" or say thats "how the Lord wants it" And just bury the child like that. And thats how the case will die down..Well! a case is not really a case if it wasn't a case in the first place.
RELIGION without common sense is a TIMEBOMB. Africans are just superdumb when it comes to religion.

It is well with you.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by maasoap(m): 6:32am On Sep 05, 2018
Bullhari007:
Afonja always in news for bad... they intentionally starve Him to death so his skull will be easy prey to mine by them

This is religious not tribal. Christianity is the fall guy here.

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Proffdada: 6:36am On Sep 05, 2018
chemystery:
Why will people starve themselves for some nonexisting god?
A god who derives joy seeing you starve before he answers your prayer is a cruel god
don't blame God for the evil men do

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Proffdada: 6:37am On Sep 05, 2018
maasoap:

This is religious not tribal. Christianity is the fall guy here.
the guy just went full reta.rd
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Proffdada: 6:39am On Sep 05, 2018
Quality20:
well its not Muslim fast that caused their predicament. The Islamic fast is quite mild ,gentle and comfortable that even a ten year old can under go successfully without qualms, except of course if he/she isn't well
Muslims don't fast. They only skip lunch for heavy dinner

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by leonard002(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2018
Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by Quality20(m): 6:49am On Sep 05, 2018
Proffdada:
Muslims don't fast. They only skip lunch for heavy dinner
our fast is not really hard on us o, it's just moderate cos even d religion is as well a moderate one, not too simple as some other faith nor as hard as some others

Re: Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos by imran147(m): 6:50am On Sep 05, 2018
chemystery:
Why will people starve themselves for some nonexisting god?
A god who derives joy seeing you starve before he answers your prayer is a cruel god

Fuckkkkk you and rot in hell soon
For mocking One God
What a wasted human with no active brain

Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy? / Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo / Policemen Sent To Inspect Christ Embassy In UK Get Rhapsody Of Realities