Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,734 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK (20360 Views)

Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / Reno Omokri Rocks Branded 'Free Leah Sharibu' Outfits (Photo) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by PrettyCrystal: 5:34am On Sep 05, 2018
A member of Parliament of the United Kingdom, Tom Brake, held a solo protest in front of the Nigerian High Commission in the UK to bring attention to the #FreeLeah campaign. Leah Sharibu is being held in Boko Haram captivity for 199 days today and counting, for refusing to recant her Christian faith.

Brake is calling on the Nigerian government to as a matter of immediacy see to it that Leah is released.

“Outside the Nigerian High Commission launching the #freeleah campaign. Leah, who is still held captive by Boko Haram, because she refused to recant her Christian faith, has been held for 198 days,” he tweeted.

Last week, Leah Sharibu, the only Christian among the abducted 119 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe state, asked President Muhammadu Buhari to save her from captivity.

Leah, who was kidnapped in February, also appealed that her family members be assisted.

All the girls who were captured were subsequently released, except five who reportedly died in detention, but Sharibu was held back for “refusing to renounce her faith”.

The Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a breakaway faction of Boko Haram, has kept her in captivity for seven months, sparking public outrage.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/leah-sharibu-british-lawmaker-holds-solo-protest-in-front-nigerian-high-commission.html

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by HungerBAD: 5:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari why?

The Nigeria Army why?

The Nigeria Police why?

I stand with Leah Sharibu,and hope by God she is found safe,hale and hearty from her abductors.

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by pablobellins(m): 5:37am On Sep 05, 2018
every small thing, some kids will be wailing "BUHARI WHY"

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:39am On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari will be imprisoned come 2019
What an heartless president

All my hope is Lost in him ... God in heaven please forgive me for supporting him 2015. I promise I will never do that again in my life .. even though I’m leaving comfortable .. but millions of people are suffering seriously as a result of voting for A poor minded president like Buhari

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by SpyAC(m): 5:44am On Sep 05, 2018
3rdavefarms:
Buhari will be imprisoned come 2019
What an heartless president
l love this, where is madam due process oby when u need her most, now leah u will not hear her voice, but if it was Aisha, we no go hear word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by johnlvis(m): 5:46am On Sep 05, 2018
And nobody arrested him ,that's a sane country .

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by livinus009(m): 5:59am On Sep 05, 2018
Now this is a Worth Front Page News.. Thank you Mr. Lawmaker for doing what our useless Old fools have refused to do. We appreciate you Sir!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by sykeng(m): 6:10am On Sep 05, 2018
my next life, let my skin be black but have a heart like the whites where humanity is top notch.

15 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by whatmoreng: 6:12am On Sep 05, 2018
chai. poor Leah

3 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by ShenTeh(m): 6:14am On Sep 05, 2018
While at home, we don't give a hoot.

The dignity of life and living has gone to the dogs in Nigeria.

Thanks but no thanks Mr British parliamentarian. This means nothing to our OWN leaders.

14 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Racoon(m): 6:20am On Sep 05, 2018
So touchy.Leah my sister-you will be delivered in Jesus name.You're a big challenge to the Christain faith.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by blackpanda: 6:27am On Sep 05, 2018
Paid by ipodpigs to fool his old age in UK.

Wetin concern u with naija problems. Don't uk have enough to deal with. Abeg face ur brexit catastrophe and leave us alone. Tueh!
Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by greatdreamer(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2018
The problem Buhari has now is Saraki.
The problem Oshomole has now is Saraki
The problem APC has now is Saraki
Saraki and PDP has paid Tom Brake to embarrass the infallible God of zombies. His Excellency President Muhammadu Adamu Buhari A,k,a, lifeless.

Leah Sharibu, God will rescue you from the hands of your enemies very soon.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Almaiga: 6:33am On Sep 05, 2018
Eyah, this is touching. I pray She get her freedom soon, so She can reunite with her Family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 05, 2018
Can someone tell me why attempts will be made by the powers that be to rescue Leah?

For their mind, "that girl must convert to Islam oooo."

Abi the government no be Muslim again?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by SpatialKing(m): 6:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Action like this are what is expected from Nigerian so called human activitist like Festus Kayamo and Femi Falana.. But they have sold their conscience.

16 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Ayoswit(f): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Is it when those bastards have planted their seed in her, they would release her? Which kin country be dis o bikonu?
Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by sotall(m): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Ok
Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Can our own lawmakers do this

Can they leave their comfort zone for the sake of the citizens

Hmmmm food for thought!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by niceprof: 7:54am On Sep 05, 2018
In the sight of God Leah has more reward for standing up for her faith than all the mega churches and Mega pastors in Nigeria,who for the sake of political correctness have refused to speak up for this innocent girl.

6 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by omocalabar(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2018
Tom brake is PDP, or maybe ipob..according to sarki,yarimo,butterflyleo and other dotted forehead islamists

9 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Eponyeeboz: 7:56am On Sep 05, 2018
Not a single Nigerian pastor or politician could do this
Shame on them both

4 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by sunnyside16(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2018
we have people in govt who careless about Leah otherwise why pay ransom for others and leave her behind

1 Like

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by sdindan: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2018
grin
Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by joshjc(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2018
nice, this goes to show our politicians are greedy and self centered,non of them is using Leah's issue to campaign,may God have mercy on nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by israelmao(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari is only busy strategizing for election.

1 Like

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Sijo01(f): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari and his cohorts don't care.
They're so much engrossed with 2019 election.

2 Likes

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Brains1990(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2018
All I know for sure is that Buhari is playing games and politics over the issue of Leah. Just watch out, before the conduct of elections across the country, Buhari will expediently release Leah. By then, APC ass licking idiots will be shouting..... Buhari is the only man who cares about humanity and the freedom of the people.

All I am trying to say is that, buhari knows exactly where and when Leah will be set free. In order to gain more political applause and support.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Kingstanding: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2018
joshjc:
nice, this goes to show our politicians are greedy and self centered,non of them is using Leah's issue to campaign,may God have mercy on nigeria
. What of pastors the so call men of God. They will never say anything where there is no money.
Re: 'Free Leah Sharibu': Tom Brake Protests At Nigerian High Commission In UK by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 05, 2018
johnlvis:
And nobody arrested him ,that's a sane country .
and from his protest to his tweet, did you hear him ditch out any hate speech?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu & Wife, Nkechi Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / ₦‎3.7 Trillion Budget Padding Claim: Senate Suspends Ningi For Three Months / Amaechi May Cancel NGF Meeting In Deference To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.