Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:28 AM

Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! (7785 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? / Between Saraki And Jonathan: Is Goodluck Jonathan An Accident Waiting To Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2010
[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size] grin grin grin grin undecided lipsrsealed grin
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by LekeB(m): 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
Obviously anyone that says this saction is not good they either not a Nigerian or they are eating from SANI LULU's palm, when we both know that we create problem to solve problem please, who knows the better ways of stopping this group of thieves called NFF, of course when sinners are being punished definitely saint will also be partaker ENOUGH IS ENOUGH of SANI LULU and his gang let them join politics next year and contest for Local Government election, THANK YOU ALL!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by glt: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
U have to be discipline Jonathan is a disciplinarian that's why he had to take the step i give him the fullest support for doing that. cos those super chickens has caused a lot 4 Nigerians it not easy to have hypertension just because of football
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by luvinhubby(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
Act 1 -- Sanni Lulu`s NFA are on the verge of loosing out of 2010 World cup, Umaru Yar`dua reads the handwriting on the wall  and sets up  PTF that has competent ex footballers and they finacilitated our qualification (someone paid Mozambique to beat Tunisia). We qualify, Bolaji Ojo-oba kills cow and declares that `those who think i will not make money have failed`.

Act 2  -- NFF declares Amodu incompetent and a `competent` foreign T.A. but no money,  PTF intervenes with government money to pay the salaries of the T.A. and Sanni Lulu`s  NFF insists on collecting 40% of the salary hence Glen Hoddle refuses and looses out  and Lagerback accepts.

Act 3 -- Sanni Lulu`s NFF books a road side 2 star motel for the national team in S.A.  and hires a London based charter flight with an aircraft that has not flown for twenty years and pilot refused to fly it. Govt. intervenes, pays Arik $700,000 to fly eagles to S.A and hires a more decent and secure hotel for th team and pays penalty of $25,000. Sanni Lulu`s NFF collects $1m from FIFA and turns arround to cry for money and govt. bails them out with 900million naira.

Act 4 -- Sanni Lulu`s NFF goes to S.A. with the forms for the election anyone  who intends to run must come to S.A and  deadline expires and Sanni Lulu is the only candidate for chairmanship with his lieutenants.

Act 5 -- Every one knows the best coach in nigeria today is Samson Siasia, Bolaji `Amos Adamu boy` Ojo-oba swears `over his dead body` will Siasia coach super eagles, offence-Siasia does not co-operate.  The same  man that forgot the passport of under 17 eagles in Lagos and was sacked in 1992

Act 6 -- The self styled general overseer of Nigeria football, Amos Adamu, who gets his share from all the `EGUNJE` from his boys in the NFF tells them don`t worry u will all return for another 3 years provided i still get my share.

Act 7-- Presidency calls NFF and  PTF to come and account fot the 2.5billion naira given them during the qualifiers and before the world cup. Sanni Lulu and NFF says `no no no` nobody should question or ask us or else FIFA will ban Nigeria ( Amos Adamu fears that `cos he will loose his seat in FIFA executive if it happens) and for your info, i am going for another term whether u like it or not.  

QUESTION - if you are Goodluck J. what will you do?      My answer -- Help FIFA with ban, and kick out all the dumb skulls in the glas house.

THUMBS UP GOODLUCK J.    U have my vote on this .
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by tkb417(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2010
maybe the Military shd come and ban democracy too for 2 years

PHCN aint working, National Assembly are gun wielding imbeciles, roads are bad, no water
so what is Mr. President saying?

if the man na soldier, e go don overthrow civilian govt.

we cannot stop football cos of sani lulu and co; he shd look for other means to re-organise football

we all will be here to see how this ban will make us win the first nations cup we are gonna attend after d ban

nonsense
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by chuqudy(m): 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
sulad82i:

This makes me laugh.
It shows how senseless our president is, cos it does not speak well of him
the same s.hit was done by the late abacha which eventually derail super eagle and make them look like a joke to most countries. Cos of the abacha decision and fifa's ban, Nigeria now lives in its ghost self of the past.
We should just forget that nigeria will ever be represented in international settings the way we once know after this ordeal.

You are senseless to call our president senseless. How sensible are you? Can you rule a local government not to talk of Nigeria. Jonathan Goodluck should extend the ban to about 20 years. Let the focus be on how to improve the lives of poor masses in this country rather than wasting money on a useless and non sensical thing called football. Do you know how much Nigeria wasted in this world cup. What glory or revenue does it bring to the country.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Peterwins(m): 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2010
There is always a better way at solving problems. Why create a problem while trying to solve one.
For example, when former FCT minister, Ailero created speed bumps at major roads in Abuja there was public support and opposition at the creation of the bumps for various reasons depending on "THE REASON OF THOUGHT". The need for bumps to reduce accident was a major reason for support while the damage to the shock absorbers of vehicles and possible cause of miscarriage to women with fragile wombs were reasons for the opposition to the bumps.
The new minister of the FCT, Bala has started (hope he continues) to replace some of the "annoying Ailero speed breakers/bumps with better bumps that performs the same functions as the old ones. These new bumps don't have negative impact on shock absorbers neither do they cause possible miscarriage to women with fragile wombs.
My Point: BAN NOT NECESSARY. IF YOU SUPPORT BAN THEN OTHER SPORTS, HEALTHCARE, ELECTRICITY( what Mr President refered to as power with his interview with Amampour of CNN) EDUCATION, ETC MUST ALSO BE BANNED.
BETTER DECISIONS CREATE BETTER SOLUTIONS NOT CREATING ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS. GOD SAVE AND BLESS NIGERIA. AMEN
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2010
The banning of the Super Chickens of Nigeria is not necessary. These chickens were just out there only to fool them selves, and not to represent us. The game of football is an aspect of sports where there must be winners and looser. So the chickens didn't even participate, so they lost, but what I am able to discern from all of this is the money waisted on them, which would have helped in so many other departments of our life. I will plead with our president to refine his crude anger and direct it to who ever managed the monies ear marked for the prosecution of world cup, and not to deny others of future opportunities to shine put meal on their tables. Some of those clowns that failed their nation have even been rewarded with nationality of the nation they helped in place of their mother land.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by tkb417(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
chuqudy:

You are senseless to call our president senseless. How sensible are you? Can you rule a local government not to talk of Nigeria. Jonathan Goodluck should extend the ban to about 20 years. Let the focus be on how to improve the lives of poor masses in this country rather than wasting money on a useless and non sensical thing called football. Do you know how much Nigeria wasted in this world cup. What glory or revenue does it bring to the country.
chukudi u nor get sense o grin grin grin
how much do they waste in NFF if compared to how much they spend in National assembly and other white elephant projects in Nigeria

have they recovered the billions spent on PHCN

go and play ludo my friend
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Rheinmetal(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
I don't know why you guys are missing the kernel of the story wink

Jonathan just declared himself eligible to contest the presidential elections come 2011

Otherwise, what's his business banning our national teams till 2012, if he does not intend to hang around to enforce his ban tongue
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by sley4life(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
Good decision by Goodluck. The Nff has already ban themselves b4 fifa take their action.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by DanG1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
[size=13pt]POWER SECTOR---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

EDUCATIONAL SECTOR---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

MEDICAL SECTOR---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

INFRASTRUCTURE---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it

AGRICULTURE ---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

Now Football Issues that doesnt really affect the growth and development of the masses is now the one been attended to

MY COUNTRY IS RULED BY ANIMALS WITH MISPLACED PRIORITY

A-S-S-H-O-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[/size]
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by youngies(m): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
"We’re entering a new feudal age, with certain powerful international bodies and multinationals acting as feudal lords, and us fans/consumers enslaved as neo-serfs by our addiction to their products."

http://footballinsights./2010/06/30/neo-feudalism-fifa/
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by aknuel: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2010
I wonder why the heck about been banned by fifa when there is not even anything to smile at during the world cup and our 900million down the drain. Who gives a Bleep about fifa anyway, they should go to hell and ban us for life for all I care. We participated in the tournaments and there was no results and if we get ban still no difference. I must congratulate the president on this laudable move, I wonder what it is that fifa say about govt not interfering with football when the same govt spend million of dollars on the same game without accountability and fifa wants the govt to smile at the NFF and give them awards for their gross failure. So for all I care, fifa should get lost and ban us for life. Rubbish
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by 006(m): 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2010
Dan-G:

POWER SECTOR---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

EDUCATIONAL SECTOR---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

MEDICAL SECTOR---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

INFRASTRUCTURE---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it

AGRICULTURE ---Not performing but no one has placed a ban on it yet

Now Football Issues that doesnt really affect the growth and development of the masses is now the one been attended to

MY COUNTRY IS RULED BY ANIMALS WITH MISPLACED PRIORITY

A-S-S-H-O-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thank you. I just lost hope in him. This shows that he has nothing to offer.
Is this how problems are solved?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by evantical: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
this is like telling your child who failed an exam to stop schooling for two years so that he can come out more intelligent . we should rather overhaul somehow n bring out the best ppl for the job
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by 0hsisi: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
This one come be like Abacha part 2. . . .

So even Borokiri boy dey lose him sense when in enter Aso Rock?

Wetin concern Mr President with Super Eagles?

[b]We told him to let EFCC loose on the corrupt mafia in NF[/b]F. . . . . nobody asked him to ban the team from all competitions. . . . this one na sign of megalomania o!

After he has let EFCC loose on his wife Patience who lined her george wrapper with Bayelsa funds
Can a demon cast out demons?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by lannre(m): 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2010
The
GREEN EAGLES BAN- POWER SECTOR NOT WORKING,ROADS TOO BAD,EDUCATION
STILL SUFFERING ,HEALTH FAR FROM DESIRED (RESIDENT DOCTORS STILL ON
STRIKE),AGRICULTURE -FERTILIZER DIVERTED , THE WHOLE NATION STILL ON
VISION. GOVERNMENT=FAILED SO WHO WILL BAN THEM LEADERS , FOOTBALL IS
JUST A SECT OF A SUB SYSTEM . WHY THIS BAN= U LEARN A LANGUAGE BY
SPEAKING IT
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Beaf: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2010
evantical:

this is like telling your child who failed an exam to stop schooling for two years so that he can come out more intelligent . we should rather overhaul somehow n bring out the best ppl for the job

If you look back a short time in history, you will find that China "banned" itself from the World in other to set its house in order and develop. Today, who doesn't envy China's progress?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Princek12(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2010
Why doesn't Jonathan suspend Nigeria from the United Nations and the international community to give us 100 years to sort things out? Mr. Jonathan, you are a fool for this one. We should work it out till find a solution.

Why don't you withdraw your child from school for two years so you can sort why she is not performing well in school? Mr. Jonathan, you are a fool for this one? The right thing to do is to identify the cause of your child's problem and fix the darn problem.

Why don't you suspend democracy and let us live as a headless nation until we sort out why we have foolish presidents? Mr. Jonathan, you have shown you cannot reason, and that your mentality is antiquated.

The right thing to do would have been to withdraw funding from the NFF; that way, there will be no money to loot, and any new candidate with self-serving motives would be discouraged from running for any NFF position if the job description entails lobbying for money, with a capped salary contingent on funds raised, which will be controlled by an intermediate third party accounting firm, and which will be transparent.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by brutal(m): 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2010
suspending soccer for 2 yrs is not d best idea. .we just have 2 kidnap and make dem resign by force. .yes!d hard way. .we got 2 treat dem like animals,no mercy because they didn't show us any love.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by abariko1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2010
This is the true meaning of Leadership, the NFF wants to be over Government, they want to be a diplomatic body but they like the money coming out of government, if they want to be an independent body without the the interference of Government let them not ask for money from Government. Those who are saying its bad should think of how these people have embarrased us, the heart break, you can never for once be proud of your super eagles winning a match all we Nigerians says always when we meet an opponent is they will surely win us. Look at all these scenerios and reason what government should do but to ban this thing. If you are talking of the livelihood of these poor boys let them go to those clubs they are playing seriously begging them for money to feed their families and take care of themselves.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by ayzero6487(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
he did d right thing, y can't sum of u understand, cry angry cry embarassed
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Katsumoto: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2010
The problem with the NFF is symptomatic of everything wrong with Nigeria. If NFF can be dissolved because of mis-management and corruption, then the same treatment should be meted to every political administration in Nigeria. It is not enough to take a decision that affects just football. We are all aware of the problem with Lulu and there are other ways to deal with the problem. This rash action will only set our football back and not much good will come out of it. The last time Nigeria got a ban because of that hell-occupant Abacha, our football suffered.

As it has been suggested by some posters, it would have made sense to level financial impropriety against Lulu, arrest Lulu, and let let others contest the NFF chairmanship. Even if you get rid of Lulu, Jonathan needs to ensure that it is individuals with a love of the game such as Odegbami, Oliseh, and Okocha who are allowed to run. Enough of imbeciles such as Lulu, Galadima, and Toro. Jonathan's action is akin to killing a fly with a sledge hammer.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
tkb417:

[size=13pt]go and play ludo my friend[/size]

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by ib612(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2010

Should this be a priority?

Nations are been strategically aligned towards the next 10 years and our leaders are concentrating on things that have no economic values; i've never heard of a nation that troves on sports or entertainment before.
re de-industrializing (company warehouse are closing down, power to increase production is lacking) while other countries, those that put count
We aries first, are exploring new grounds. In a globalize economy, Nigeria still relies entirely on oil which will become irrelevant in the next 10 - 20yrs based on the current discoveries around the world and new technologies that tends to curb emissions caused by oil.

I don't blame the people, since they are not the ones that voted for these current RULERS it therefore become very hard for them to demand for specifics actions.

Honestly, we don't know what we are doing.

Like RULERS like EAGLES!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by ib612(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
Should this be a priority?

Nations are been strategically aligned towards the next 10 years and our leaders are concentrating on things that have no economic values; i've never heard of a nation that troves on sports or entertainment before.

We are de-industrializing (company warehouse are closing down, power to increase production is lacking) while other countries, those that put country first, are exploring new grounds. In a globalize economy, Nigeria still relies entirely on oil which will become irrelevant in the next 10 - 20yrs based on the current discoveries around the world and new technologies that tends to curb emissions caused by oil.

I don't blame the people, since they are not the ones that voted for these current RULERS it therefore become very hard for them to demand for specifics actions.

Honestly, we don't know what we are doing.

Like RULERS like EAGLES!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by JMourhinho(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2010
Make we wait first, na wen FIFA ban naija na im Jonathan go kno say football and (2011) election concern. Nonsense!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by DanG1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2010
To be frank here, no 1 is saying what Jonathan did was not a good move, it is somehow a good one, and somehow bad (ur paradiagm dictates)!, but it is at the wrong time, we have a lot of issues more pressing than this Super Eagles Failure that needs to be attended to, POWER, EDUCATION, CORRUPTION, MEDICAL, INFRASTRUCTURE, ENERGY, COMMERCE, and all these affect our Economy growth rate

So if we have a huge economic growth rate and 75% of Nigerian are comfortable with they have, then we would not have greedy men like SANI LULU, GALADIMA etc,

Stable growing Economic, would ensure that things and orgainsations in the NFF system are done well, cos nobody will be fighting to fill his/her pocket when thing are all right, SUPER EAGLES would be happy and motivated to play for their darling country cos they are been treated well and firmly, NFF, SUPER EAGLES are not our failures

Our leaders are, Imagine GJ concentrating his position into ELECTORAL REFORM, WHEN other important things are left undone.

Summarily, this is a case of MISPLACED PRIORITY
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by enomakos(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2010
what d Bleep

who d is president think he is?

how can he ban nigeria for 2 years

hope it is not true
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by ololo12: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2010
@ EZEUCHE :Onlytruth your support in this man is misguided. We Igbo need to throw our support behind someone else. Each day this man is making me angry. Send back to Bayelsa where he belongs.

Bleep you idiot, till your generation wipes away. An igbo man would never smell the seat of the presidency, let alone to become the president, Instead for you to support this man, whose from the south south, which also is close to us, Your running your shitty mouth throwing profanities on him, you should be ashame of yourself, NDI IGBO MY Yansh
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by enomakos(m): 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2010
president badluck forget my vote man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Emerges New Chair Of Gulf Of Guinea Commission / 5 People Killed In Kodunga, Borno Bomb Blast / PDP NEC Passes Vote Of Confidence On Secondus-led NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.