Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,711 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring (27336 Views)

Falana Replies Presidency, FG Should Stop Subjecting Sowore To Media Trial / Sowore: Falana Replies SSS, Gives Full Details Of Court Invasion / Let Courts Determine What's Security Threat - Falana Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by donqx: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2018
hmm
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by datribune: 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
Good one, my favourite SAN.

1 Like

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by zinizta: 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
contigiency:

Oga, you are the one doing what you are accusing falana of. He made a valid point that, Nigeria is over due for restructuring. But that restructuring on its own will not guarantee peace and development if the issue of wealth redistribution is not addressed at the same time.

His view is in consonance with what the vice president had said, when he opined that the kind of restructuring that will add the needed value is not that of a mere geographical adjustment or restructuring. but the one that will deepen good governance by way of wealth redistribution and devolution of certain powers to other federating units.

And I agree with them because, if you even say today, let all region develop with their resources at their pace, you will still see Niger delta leaders highjacking and looting their commonwealth. Same will be applicable in almost all the regions. So let's be wise and not just swallow all the rhetorics of these politicians who are hunting for votes in the coming election.

After all, if Atiku was serious with the debate he dabbled into, he could have supported his view with practical approach he took to address the issue when he was in power. You had how osibanjo meticulously enumerated practical and evidencial steps he took to address restructuring when he was the Attorney General of Lagos state, even several cases he won at the supreme court. Interestingly, those cases were against Obasanjo/Atiku regime. Did you hear from Atiku that time condemning the actions of his government then to show he ever meant anything about what he is preaching today?

bros, thank God say intelligent people like you still dey this forum....I just read and resist the urge to comment. .. so many people here are dependents mentally...they are not well learned to objectively comprehend and contribute on a topic...

1 Like

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Butterflylleo: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by malakaimoscondo: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
seunmsg:

People like Atiku are only talking about restructuring just to win election and nothing else. Ask him about creation of equal numbers of States between the south and north and see how he will quickly jettison the idea.

Restructuring is not an ending activity. We will always continue to thinker with our structure as we evolve. For us to progress, we need sincere, knowledgeable and patriotic political leadership across board. Without changing the crooked mindset of our current crop of political elites, we can never progress irrespective of the political structure that we adopt.

i quite agree with u but i don' know what u meant by equal state between north and south.am saying this because you failed to acknowledge how the existing state have be faring with dependency on federal allocation and some of them are near complete redundant.
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by positivethought: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Falana: Those who cornered our commonwealth shouldn’t talk of restructuring

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-those-who-cornered-our-commonwealth-shouldnt-talk-of-restructuring/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Mr falana pls stop baseless n generalized accusations, Atiku has challenge anyone with evidence of corruption against him to step forward, pls pick up the gauntlet if you have got the facts n courage or just shut up,you are just a master of double speak.
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Deadlytruth(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Amberon:
Atiku is a very useless and cunning man and I pity those who will vote for him.

Earlier this year (or last year I guess), Atiku cleared the air on his promise of restructuring. He implied that states would still rely on crude oil proceeds. I can't dig out that info now but son enough I will.

You are right. I remember that contradictory position made by Atiku. He is just fooling himself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Adakintroy: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
BedLam:
Typical Nigerian. We leave the subject and attack the person's personality.
Why dont we set another day or page for the messengers crucifixion?
Let's deal with the message today.
And if people that squandered our common wealth shouldn't talk restructuring, who else should? Is anyone a saint in this country ?

Sharap! Atikus don't restructure countries. He is from the north. There kind own the mojor oil blocks. And they are sitting on the economy. What kind of restructuring do you want again.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Omeokachie: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by thegoodone1234(m): 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
Regional government and resources control is the way forward. let each region be sending 30% to center and each region should have their police.
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by ADMAF(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
NOC1:
After Osibanjo Lecture on Restructuring so many people in my Department who are against PMB agreed with Osibanjo's submission.
Most of them asked why did Osibanjo refused to grant press conferences throughout their tenure, they said had it been he was doing things like that people would have understood where the administration is driving to. Poor communication is one of the spanners this administration threw into the wheels of their reign.
God bless you bro. The same question crossed my mind. Why keep mute. Perhaps, it was an Instruction from his principal. I hope ppl can nw discern clearly. It appears ppl are jst too emotional to nderstnd. It's painful.

1 Like

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Rilwayne001: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2018
inforesource:
So Oga, what are you saying? For me restructuring means devolution of everything from the so called centre to the state , while the centre monitors and regulate how policies of govt are implemented. Is that too hard to understand?

And Atiku is just going to hand that over to you on a platter of gold, right? Your mumu never do? Haha grin grin my own mumu don do oh

2 Likes

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by RexTramadol1: 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
NOC1:
After Osibanjo Lecture on Restructuring so many people in my Department who are against PMB agreed with Osibanjo's submission.
Most of them asked why did Osibanjo refused to grant press conferences throughout their tenure, they said had it been he was doing things like that people would have understood where the administration is driving to. Poor communication is one of the spanners this administration threw into the wheels of their reign.

If your departmental mates were swayed by just rhetorics, they might as well listen to Omokri

All these statements are deliberately planned to divert peoples' attention from the major problems, a blind man knows the current structure and its template are bad, but we know its not about creating new states or delineation, we know we must address the root causes of why systems are not working

But what has been done in that regards? That's what your departmental mates should have asked, cos three years down the line, states are not still self-sufficient, even businesses are not still stabilized and everything is still skewed or let me say appointments are lopsided.
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by ofuonyebi: 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
foolish yeye so called leaders trying to outwit...BABA SALA in his comedy...

when Atiku was VP and has opportunity to restructure Nigeria, he never bothered...

He was busy fighting his master OBJ...now that he's looking for another way to achieve the lost third term agenda

he's become an advocate of restructuring....until all our monies ferried to private pockets are returned to the treasury

the noise about restructuring is empty jargons!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by OgogoroNo2: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
This man talk too much jor
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by blacknp(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
statusquoante:

If Buhari will not sign the new electoral Bill into law, is it restructuring bill he will sign

State police and resource control are inevitable.
Who signed the Not too young to run bill?Dogara and saraki think they can just drop some useless bills then cross carpet?

Let those Lazy senators and house of reps take the yeye bills back and do more work & amendments on them,they don't want to work but will never tolerate any late payment of their wages,is it easy to be collecting a monthly pay of 9 milion Naira a month for just going to sit down from 11 am to 3pm,8 months in a year?Then quickly pass some bills then immediately go on vacation?

Modern day Ali Baba & The 366 National Assembly Thieves. Saraki and his Pdp betrayers we are monitoring your every step.

Resource control?Please mention any resource(s) the Federal,State or Local Government has deprived you of,that stopped you from prospering?Go to Abuja or your state capital to seek for incense,how hard can that be!or are you not a Nigerian Citizen over the age of 21?i believe palm oil,cotton,cocoa,rubber,cassava,plantain,yam,charcoal for export and Artificial intelligence,I.T.,alternative energy generation are not been held by anyone?
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by SoNature(m): 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
seunmsg:

People like Atiku are only talking about restructuring just to win election and nothing else. Ask him about creation of equal numbers of States between the south and north and see how he will quickly jettison the idea.

Restructuring is not an ending activity. We will always continue to thinker with our structure as we evolve. For us to progress, we need sincere, knowledgeable and patriotic political leadership across board. Without changing the crooked mindset of our current crop of political elites, we can never progress irrespective of the political structure that we adopt.

I didn't know u are reasonable

You don't make comments without pigs or ipob
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Abelr123: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
deebsman1:
Oshe Baba Falz, tell them

Baba Falz should go sleep better sleep. Lawyers in this country are as much a problem, if not worse, as the politicians they criticize. Falana's wealth isn't from pursuing justice (especially as a so called "human rights " activist.
Falana and Atiku should go die quick deaths!!!�

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by uridiwan(m): 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
how?
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Felixv: 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
how many translators will this ex-customer officer need to fully understand the words of falana...

1 Like

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by buharitill2023: 11:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
BedLam:
Typical Nigerian. We leave the subject and attack the person's personality.
Why dont we set another day or page for the messengers crucifixion?
Let's deal with the message today.
And if people that squandered our common wealth shouldn't talk restructuring, who else should? Is anyone a saint in this country ?
this is the language of criminals,
"is anyone a saint in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by buharitill2023: 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
RexTramadol1:

If your departmental mates were swayed by just rhetorics, they might as well listen to Omokri

All these statements are deliberately planned to divert peoples' attention from the major problems, a blind man knows the current structure and its template are bad, but we know its not about creating new states or delineation, we know we must address the root causes of why systems are not working

But what has been done in that regards? That's what your departmental mates should have asked, cos three years down the line, states are not still self-sufficient, even businesses are not still stabilized and everything is still skewed or let me say appointments are lopsided.
is a gradual process, with the way things are going, states wil soon be self sufficient,

2 Likes

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by StarOnEarth(m): 12:10am On Sep 06, 2018
dokyOloye:
Word on the street is that Falana and EFCC have been sharing properties including houses seized from the so called looters.
For example, one very gigantic property seized from AA Rano was allegedly used to settle Falana.
Word on the street?
If not because of home training, I would have called you a fool.
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 06, 2018
gunuvi:
Please tell Falana that he is one of the thieves that cornered our Commonwealth. Nonsense
Falana is a double-edged sword! He cuts with both sides!
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Ballmer: 2:40am On Sep 06, 2018
Firefire:
The useless party called APC promised restructuring.

So you know want PDP that did nothing about it for 16 yrs while in power ?

1 Like

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by inforesource: 3:19am On Sep 06, 2018
Who want to vote Atiku? Not even in my dream.
Rilwayne001:

And Atiku is just going to hand that over to you on a platter of gold, right? Your mumu never do? Haha grin grin my own mumu don do oh
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by seunmsg(m): 5:07am On Sep 06, 2018
SoNature:

I didn't know u are reasonable

You don't make comments without pigs or ipob

Now you know.

Please note however that I have never called anybody pig on this forum.
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by Charly68: 5:17am On Sep 06, 2018
Greyworld:

If Falana can confuse you, then who am I to tell you you aint confused? Are you sane at all?

Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by mideactive: 5:27am On Sep 06, 2018
gunuvi:
Please tell Falana that he is one of the thieves that cornered our Commonwealth. Nonsense

How?
Re: Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring by sexyanyabubakar(f): 5:34am On Sep 06, 2018
elgramz:
Atiku is no saint, he is just talking about restructuring because he is running for president. The same way APC promised everything in heaven and on earth to get elected and now behaving like power drunk rulers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hate Speech Bill: Wole Soyinka Writes Nigerian Senate / Anambra Guber: Gov Obiano Heads Soludo’s Campaign Council / Nigerian Army Retakes Chibok Town After Just 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.