Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,940 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation (5125 Views)

Christmas: Ebonyi Indigenes Lambast Umahi For Donating 300 Bags Of Rice To Abuja / Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors / Miyetti Allah Endorses Dave Umahi For 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by aca77: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2018
paulegend:

God bless u. I laugh when I see all media propaganda exalting that governor. No body builds a new house here unless you are of his dynasty.

Are you serious? So these new structures I see springing up everywhere are linked to his people? As an occasional visitor to Abakaliki, I would have sworn that the governor is well loved by everyone because he is working.

1 Like

Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by aca77: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2018
FBIL:
The tax levied on the state residents has been huge, disproportionate and wicked. Before he was advised to temporarily halt the taxation, many small scale businesses had left the state. You can imagine where indomie noodles fast food sellers, roasted yam/plantain sellers, women selling fairly-used clothes and other peasant and struggling businesses were levied between NGN14,800 - NGN120,000 per year, and you have to pay in arrears of 3 years. Dave Umahi has so many negative sides, especially his quick temper, selfishness and above all, his lust and love for money. It's terrible! He has done well in the area of infrastructure alone, that is roads/flyover bridges. I don't know where else he has done well. He sold the state vehicle inspection office (VIO) to his illiterate uncle and they have bn chasing motorists around in the state, to the extend of pulling a truck down which killed a passerby. Umuoghara Quarry site stopped functioning after his nephew who has no crusher took over the entire Quarry site as overseer. The stop directive announced on taxation Is just to enable him secure another term after which, Ebonyians will see hell. What could one say of a man who built over 20 duplexes in his father's compound, annexing nearby homes, few months in office? A compound that had only two (2) mud houses plastered with cement.

Interesting. I need to engage you guys physically to discuss and learn more about these eye opening perspectives. I used to think the whole state was in love with the governor. Maybe cos I don't know the grassroots in the state as a visitor.
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by madenigga(m): 8:53am On Sep 07, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
Not surprised!

Igbo governor amaka....

Crimes are in the brood
mumu even to speak the English you no sabi.
it's only moooooo you understand.
cow like you.

1 Like

Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2018
madenigga:
mumu even to speak the English you no sabi.
it's only moooooo you understand.
cow like you.

How do you Piggies pronounce "BLOOD"
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by paulegend(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2018
quentin06:

hate to burst your bubble, but your poor mans voter card didnt put him there and it wont remove him.
Just imagine.
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by madenigga(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

How do you Piggies pronounce "BLOOD"

we know it's only blood you cowsies know. no wonder benue people are suffering it.

this one you are asking did ur false god ask you for more?

1 Like

Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by ofwest47(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2018
An average Nigerian wants everything free, no taxation and yet they want to be enjoying American easy life forgetting that in U S death is sure but paying your tax is surer than death .
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by NonsoWow: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2018
paulegend:
In Ebonyi state, petty traders are taxed. Pure water hawkers are taxed. Very small scale businesses are closed down because of tax. Lately, most shops open only on Sunday when the tax force don't work. But then, We have our PVC, I can't just rant alone without my PVC.
But some of your people said they will vote for him because he has built flyover in abakaliki and empowered them with keke napep to navigate the flyover.
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2018
FBIL:
The tax levied on the state residents has been huge, disproportionate and wicked. Before he was advised to temporarily halt the taxation, many small scale businesses had left the state. You can imagine where indomie noodles fast food sellers, roasted yam/plantain sellers, women selling fairly-used clothes and other peasant and struggling businesses were levied between NGN14,800 - NGN120,000 per year, and you have to pay in arrears of 3 years. Dave Umahi has so many negative sides, especially his quick temper, selfishness and above all, his lust and love for money. It's terrible! He has done well in the area of infrastructure alone, that is roads/flyover bridges. I don't know where else he has done well. He sold the state vehicle inspection office (VIO) to his illiterate uncle and they have bn chasing motorists around in the state, to the extend of pulling a truck down which killed a passerby. Umuoghara Quarry site stopped functioning after his nephew who has no crusher took over the entire Quarry site as overseer. The stop directive announced on taxation Is just to enable him secure another term after which, Ebonyians will see hell. What could one say of a man who built over 20 duplexes in his father's compound, annexing nearby homes, few months in office? A compound that had only two (2) mud houses plastered with cement.
Am from Ebonyi the man na Money chaster
Tax plenty

1 Like

Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by LeoFish92(m): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2018
aca77:

Are you serious? So these new structures I see springing up everywhere are linked to his people? As an occasional visitor to Abakaliki, I would have sworn that the governor is well loved by everyone because he is working.

The Governor can build any form of structure he wants, after all, the company handling all the contracts is still his own. He's an Engineer, So all the money still flows back to his account. That's why he's springing up needless flyovers everywhere.

Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by Jlow2: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
There is no single business that can survive in ebonyi state with the enormous tax by the state government especially, now i will concentrate on my sector which is minning and trading of industrial mineral lead and zinc ore, before the comming of the present govt , with ur purchasing and possession licence from federal govt u can buy and sell solid minerals, but the wicked pharaoh of ebonyi state , said having a that licence does not have value in his state , and made every buyer to register with over 700k, and if you re minning its over 1million to register, they dont care about your licence from cadastral office, after that every truck you lift is 300k you pay as tax, dey give you clearance which expires after 24hours, dey dont care how you do it, if you dnt get the goods out of the state within 24hours with the same truck , the registration/chasis number is on the clearance , you will pay another 300k,the governor has put the commissioner for solidminerals under a woman whom is head of the taskforce, and this woman has made life unbearable for alot of miners in ebonyi state, even when you meet all necessary requirements dey keep frustrating pple with new levies, just like they killed umuoghara quarry with tax and 70% of crusher owners have left ebonyi state, dats same thing they re doing to lead n xinc miners, not minding the investments that has been made over they years to reach veins of this materials, i wish dem luck with der poverty of the mind attitude, if relative peace is assured in som northern states dey can eat there lead and zinc
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by Chrismentor3: 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
Jlow2:
There is no single business that can survive in ebonyi state with the enormous tax by the state government especially, now i will concentrate on my sector which is minning and trading of industrial mineral lead and zinc ore, before the comming of the present govt , with ur purchasing and possession licence from federal govt u can buy and sell solid minerals, but the wicked pharaoh of ebonyi state , said having a that licence does not have value in his state , and made every buyer to register with over 700k, and if you re minning its over 1million to register, they dont care about your licence from cadastral office, after that every truck you lift is 300k you pay as tax, dey give you clearance which expires after 24hours, dey dont care how you do it, if you dnt get the goods out of the state within 24hours with the same truck , the registration/chasis number is on the clearance , you will pay another 300k,the governor has put the commissioner for solidminerals under a woman whom is head of the taskforce, and this woman has made life unbearable for alot of miners in ebonyi state, even when you meet all necessary requirements dey keep frustrating pple with new levies, just like they killed umuoghara quarry with tax and 70% of crusher owners have left ebonyi state, dats same thing they re doing to lead n xinc miners, not minding the investments that has been made over they years to reach veins of this materials, i wish dem luck with der poverty of the mind attitude, if relative peace is assured in som northern states dey can eat there lead and zinc

Devil umahi is a complete beast and worst than Fulani herdsmen. Ebonyians are dying in silence. If you doubt engage any of them in private and they would open up.
People are only scared to talk because in every street and beer parlour, he has his thugs who can break your head or even kill you if you speak ilk of the devil.

Our PVC is our only hope
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by Asiri1991: 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
This is just a deliberate attempt to discredit gov.U MAHI. I am an Ebonyian, live in Abakaliki and do my businesses here too. No such taxes. This group, I am sure, is used by opposition. If he returns in 2019 or leaves is none of my business. The truth is that U mahi is the best thing that happened to my state since its creation.
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by Asiri1991: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
Can you tell us the exact location of your business please? I am a trader at 94 Gunning Road, Abakaliki. I sell electronics and electrical appliances. I have never been surcharged.
Jlow2:
Re: Residents Slam Governor Umahi For Unfair Taxation by Jlow2: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
Asiri1991:
Can you tell us the exact location of your business please? I am a trader at 94 Gunning Road, Abakaliki. I sell electronics and electrical appliances. I have never been surcharged.
i dnt care , u shud ask were dey mine lead and zinc in abakaliki, wen u get to ochudo park ask dem, den if u want to comfirm the prices of tax go to office of deputy govt and ask of head of minning tax force, tell dem ur want to register as a solid mineral buyer and how much do dey charge per truck lifted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu Wife Was Arrested / What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? / Gen Buhari Insults The Sensibility Of Christians With APC Political Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.