Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body (17756 Views)

The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Premiumwriter: 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2018
HenryDion:

Humans, always on a lame quest to unravel that which is beyond their mortal mind. Going by the quoted, I will assume you're an atheist. Then why drag in some biblical scriptures to buttress a point, a point which the Bible is strongly against? It's indeed laughable my dear. Were you expecting the Bible to keep records of these characters' afterlife experiences? You know very well that the Bible used today is no where close to being complete, why rely so much on the limited content to disapprove a claim? That doesn't make you wise or logical at all. I expected more. If you're going to respond to this post, do well to state your belief system cause I will need it.

Shalom my dear!
a hardcore atheist.

By the way, I didn't use those biblical references to buttress my points, those are glaring facts, if the bible had been so careful to give the reaction of the jew to the miracle of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, don't you think, it would have even given more clue as to the experience of Lazarus after death, to make us believe.

The nonexistent of such shows that while Lazarus was in the grave, he ceased to exist.

Or let's assume after a man dies, and he's soul goes to heaven or hell, then did Jesus call Lazarus out of hell or heaven and then brought him back to the physical realm?

I'd have answered that question but I'll leave it to you.

The Bible really is against the teaching of an eternal and immaterial soul and most times, when the Bible uses the word "soul" it does not speak of the soul as we know it today, sometimes it uses soul to talk about the "living state" of man.

"eight souls" went aboard Noah ark. God breath into man, and he became a living "soul", does it mean man became a living, ethereal and eternal being, yes man is eternal from the beginning but he was not invisible. He had a body. In fact God only created a body, that body is the man and then uses his breath to give life (animate) the dust and once this breath is taken, we die and when the same breath comes in again, we live. (valley of dry bones).

If we die this way, how can I say we live forever, well for the believer, the Bible says there will be a resurrection on the last day, on that day, God will tear open the grave and they who are dead will rise with a new body.

Paul even said it "after planting a seed, will that seed not first decay before it can produce a new body" and who knows where that body comes from, except God?

Surely, the believers will rise with an heavenly body, unlike ours but they who have not believed will rise with this same perishable bodies and the fire will destroy them "forever". That means they will be destroyed forever without any hope for life again.

I'll stop here. You can throw in your argument. Feel free.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Imperare(f): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:
Man is a three- natured being; the body, the soul(spirit man) and the spirit. The body is the flesh, the soul is a man's own spirit, the one that will face judgement after death. The spirit is the force that is controlling a a man either the spirit of darkness or the spirit of light.
sorry sister you are wrong. let me explain : a man IS A SPIRIT that has a SOUL and lives in a BODY. so your body is the container and the real you is a spirit that has a soul.

THE SPIRIT = YOU ( the Bible said that we were created in Gods image and likeness. it was talking about the spirit. God is a spirit. your spirit is already perfect like God, your spirit can perform miracles, heal the sick etc)
you feed your spirit with the word of God

THE SOUL = your MIND (Intellect, emotions, feelings, thoughts etc)
you feed your soul with studying, hearing, seeing, smelling etc

THE BODY = your flesh you feed it with food etc
NB: it is only your body and soul that grows.. your spirit is already perfect

when you die your body (container) stays here on earth cause it is only dust. but your Spirit and Soul goes to heaven

about spirit word: there are spiritual realms (the supernatural) i will explain this if you want me to
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by GreenCap: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
human (machine)

spirit (software)
body (hardware)
soul (memory)

Creator (programmer)
Destroyer (virus)
Saviour (antivirus)

earth (network)
demons (hackers)
angels (administrators)
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by gentlegenius(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:

Religion does not Take any body to Heaven..

Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST ONLY takes anyone to Heaven.. nothing else
Well... I am having a busy day today, if not I'll have fetch some biblical grounds to prove to you that believing in Jesus is not the ONLY way to heaven.
95% of today's Christians actually believe in Jesus but that doesn't mean they'll all make heaven. Jesus himself never said that salvation is for those who ONLY believe in him. Remember that rich fool that asked Jesus "What must I do to be saved"?
The answer Jesus gave him is exactly what he'll use to judge us. Go and read what Jesus told that man to do in order to get salvation, then come back here to argue with me.
Jesus is the one that will judge the world, not the writers of the Bible... So if Jesus himself gave us the conditions for salvation, who are you to say otherwise?
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
Imperare:

sorry sister you are wrong. let me explain : a man IS A SPIRIT that has a SOUL and lives in a BODY. so your body is the container and the real you is a spirit that has a soul.

THE SPIRIT = YOU ( the Bible said that we were created in Gods image and likeness. it was talking about the spirit. God is a spirit. your spirit is already perfect like God, your spirit can perform miracles, heal the sick etc)
you feed your spirit with the word of God

THE SOUL = your MIND (Intellect, emotions, feelings, thoughts etc)
you feed your soul with studying, hearing, seeing, smelling etc

THE BODY = your flesh you feed it with food etc
NB: it is only your body and soul that grows.. your spirit is already perfect

when you die your body (container) stays here on earth cause it is only dust. but your Spirit and Soul goes to heaven

about spirit word: there are spiritual realms (the supernatural) i will explain this if you want me to

Oh really? The spirit is already made perfect and goes to God? Someone who sold their soul or lived a worldly life against God's principles still goes to heaven? Every soul(spirit man) is controlled by a spirit and there are only two types of spirits; Spirit of God or that of the devil.

You only possess the Spirit of Christ when you accept Him, grow in knowledge of His Word(not quoting or cramming) and ask for His Holy Spirit. Apart from that, every other person who doesn't accept Him or has Him, yet is being possessed with a spirit ( spirit of anger, marine spirit, stealing, lies etc)

Need more?
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:

Religion takes no one to Heaven..

Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST is what Guarantees Heaven..

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is not a Christian..

Salvation only, does not qualify someone for Heaven. There are lots of work to be done. Remember, it's a journey and you have to strive till the end.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Premiumwriter:
a hardcore atheist.

By the way, I didn't use those biblical references to buttress my points, those are glaring facts, if the bible had been so careful to give the reaction of the jew to the miracle of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, don't you think, it would have even given more clue as to the experience of Lazarus after death, to make us believe.

The nonexistent of such shows that while Lazarus was in the grave, he ceased to exist.

Or let's assume after a man dies, and he's soul goes to heaven or hell, then did Jesus call Lazarus out of hell or heaven and then brought him back to the physical realm?

I'd have answered that question but I'll leave it to you.

The Bible really is against the teaching of an eternal and immaterial soul and most times, when the Bible uses the word "soul" it does not speak of the soul as we know it today, sometimes it uses soul to talk about the "living state" of man.

"eight souls" went aboard Noah ark. God breath into man, and he became a living "soul", does it mean man became a living, ethereal and eternal being, yes man is eternal from the beginning but he was not invisible. He had a body. In fact God only created a body, that body is the man and then uses his breath to give life (animate) the dust and once this breath is taken, we die and when the same breath comes in again, we live. (valley of dry bones).

If we die this way, how can I say we live forever, well for the believer, the Bible says there will be a resurrection on the last day, on that day, God will tear open the grave and they who are dead will rise with a new body.

Paul even said it "after planting a seed, will that seed not first decay before it can produce a new body" and who knows where that body comes from, except God?

Surely, the believers will rise with an heavenly body, unlike ours but they who have not believed will rise with this same perishable bodies and the fire will destroy them "forever". That means they will be destroyed forever without any hope for life again.

I'll stop here. You can throw in your argument. Feel free.

We are spirit, living in a body, we have a soul.

The reason man die is because of the flaw in this water spacesuit, which we called body and when it gets faulty, the spirit of man is forced to leave to another dimensions of existence and perhaps, think of whether to come back to earth or not. I'm not a Christian, i don't operate under any religious label whatsoever. But the existence of spirit and soul cannot be overlooked.

The spirit is made of pure energy, while the soul consist of merely our consciousness, feelings, emotions and will. You can call the spirit an advanced state of BEING. The reason the spirit needs a body on earth is because of the makeup of this phsycial plane. If you're going outside space, I'm sure you're gonna suit up, to shield away harmful gases out there. Same with the human body, it helps the spirit adapt in this world.

There are many dimensions of reality which you as a spirit can travel to once the frequency is known. I have done this and it was an amazing experience. I'm fact, I limited myself only to the astral world, not knowing there are more until I met a friend on FB.

All these might sound like horseshit, I can relate cause I was once an atheist. The only difference was that I retained an open mind, I was still open for possibilities which is lacked in many atheist today. In their mind, there so no God and they have lived their whole life, gathering facts that supports that claim. I was a Christian for two decades, an atheist for a year. I have been a Muslim, a Buddhist, an Eckist and I have read about the very foundation of virtually any religion on earth. Being a philosopher and a new age scientist have helped in my quest for TRUTH. science has helped me validate whatever that I call truth. There's more your eyes are yet to see. Your MIND holds the answer to all your questions. Call it pseudoscience, pantheism, deism, etc..

Subdue your ego, your beliefs and you'll free your spirit. You thought you're free from the shackles of religion, you just entangled yourself into something more draining. The life of man is not meaningless. The aim is God realization and self realization.

Shalom!
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Salvation only, does not qualify someone for Heaven. There are lots of work to be done. Remember, it's a journey and you have to strive till the end.
Salvation Through JESUS Christ is enough to take anybody to Heaven...

1 Like

Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Premiumwriter: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
HenryDion:

We are spirit, living in a body, we have a soul.

The reason man die is because of the flaw in this water spacesuit, which we called body and when it gets faulty, the spirit of man is forced to leave to another dimensions of existence and perhaps, think of whether to come back to earth or not. I'm not a Christian, i don't operate under any religious label whatsoever. But the existence of spirit and soul cannot be overlooked.

The spirit is made of pure energy, while the soul consist of merely our consciousness, feelings, emotions and will. You can call the spirit an advanced state of BEING. The reason the spirit needs a body on earth is because of the makeup of this phsycial plane. If you're going outside space, I'm sure you're gonna suit up, to shield away harmful gases out there. Same with the human body, it helps the spirit adapt in this world.

There are many dimensions of reality which you as a spirit can travel to once the frequency is known. I have done this and it was an amazing experience. I'm fact, I limited myself only to the astral world, not knowing there are more until I met a friend on FB.

All these might sound like horseshit, I can relate cause I was once an atheist. The only difference was that I retained an open mind, I was still open for possibilities which is lacked in many atheist today. In their mind, there so no God and they have lived their whole life, gathering facts that supports that claim. I was a Christian for two decades, an atheist for a year. I have been a Muslim, a Buddhist, an Eckist and I have read about the very foundation of virtually any religion on earth. Being a philosopher and a new age scientist have helped in my quest for TRUTH. science has helped me validate whatever that I call truth. There's more your eyes are yet to see. Your MIND holds the answer to all your questions. Call it pseudoscience, pantheism, deism, etc..

Subdue your ego, your beliefs and you'll free your spirit. You thought you're free from the shackles of religion, you just entangled yourself into something more draining. The life of man is not meaningless. The aim is God realization and self realization.

Shalom!
sorry. It doesn't sound like horseshit.

It is horseshit man.

So when you die, your spirit wanders aimlessly, and when it decides to return to the spirit realm, it start looking for a man and a woman who's having sex and when he finds then, then he waits for them to conceive and quickly jumps into the body they have formed?

Mahn, I thought it's only kids that swallow things but Things adults swallow is much more profound.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
gentlegenius:

Well... I am having a busy day today, if not I'll have fetch some biblical grounds to prove to you that believing in Jesus is not the ONLY way to heaven.
95% of today's Christians actually believe in Jesus but that doesn't mean they'll all make heaven. Jesus himself never said that salvation is for those who ONLY believe in him. Remember that rich fool that asked Jesus "What must I do to be saved"?
The answer Jesus gave him is exactly what he'll use to judge us. Go and read what Jesus told that man to do in order to get salvation, then come back here to argue with me.
Jesus is the one that will judge the world, not the writers of the Bible... So if Jesus himself gave us the conditions for salvation, who are you to say otherwise?
My Brother Read your Bible well.

Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST entails Renouncing and Confessing all unrighteousness or sins u are involved in..

Believing And Accepting the only Begotten Son of GOD, JESUS Christ.

Once that is done.. Heaven Rejoices on your behalf..

All you need do is to get yourself involved with GOD, His word, etc...

Ensure you don't go back to committing sins..

If u ever do u hv to ask for forgiveness....

Strive towards the Higher Calling of Sanctification and Holy Ghost baptism..

Never be Ashamed to ask for Forgiveness From JESUS CHRIST when u fall off.. cos if u fall off and you don't you can Miss Heaven
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Imperare(f): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Oh really? The spirit is already made perfect and goes to God? Someone who sold their soul or lived a worldly life against God's principles still goes to heaven? Every soul(spirit man) is controlled by a spirit and there are only two types of spirits; Spirit of God or that of the devil.

You only possess the Spirit of Christ when you accept Him, grow in knowledge of His Word(not quoting or cramming) and ask for His Holy Spirit. Apart from that, every other person who doesn't accept Him or has Him, yet is being possessed with a spirit ( spirit of anger, marine spirit, stealing, lies etc)

Need more?
thank you, i was talking as a born again.
i also know that man was born with a sinful nature and he sins because he is a sinner. but a believer in Christ( born again ) has gods divine nature which is already a heaven citizen and not a candidate Philippians 4.20
mind you that a born again is not a sinner and can never sin, so why wont he make heaven?
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2018
Premiumwriter:
sorry. It doesn't sound like horseshit.

It is horseshit man.

So when you die, your spirit wanders aimlessly, and when it decides to return to the spirit realm, it start looking for a man and a woman who's having sex and when he finds then, then he waits for them to conceive and quickly jumps into the body they have formed?

Mahn, I thought it's only kids that swallow things but Things adults swallow is much more profound.

Hahahaha... Not asking you to swallow.. Have an open mind and experiment. You have a lifetime to do that at least.

At first, I found this very idea stupid until one day, after the day's stress. I decided to calm my bursting mind with some mediational technique which I found online. I was lost in mediation and I saw myself looking through a veil. You know that feeling when you look through a mask right? That's the level I got to and I chickened out immediately. That experience altered everything I once believed in. I began digging again.

Don't believe me... Just walk through life, not as a caged man, but as a free spirit who has an open mind. This world is big enough. Possibilities abounds my dear. Atheism is a cage. Take this from an ex atheist.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by gentlegenius(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:
My Brother Read your Bible well.

Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST entails Renouncing and Confessing all unrighteousness or sins u are involved in..

Believing And Accepting the only Begotten Son of GOD, JESUS Christ.

Once that is done.. Heaven Rejoices on your behalf..

All you need do is to get yourself involved with GOD, His word, etc...

Ensure you don't go back to committing sins..

If u ever do u hv to ask for forgiveness....

Strive towards the Higher Calling of Sanctification and Holy Ghost baptism..

Never be Ashamed to ask for Forgiveness From JESUS CHRIST when u fall off.. cos if u fall off and you don't you can Miss Heaven

Hmmm.... This is why people fail exams woefully even when they have been told what to read.
There's nothing wrong with the sermon you preached above, but if you'd read the conditions for salvation that was given by Jesus himself, you'll have seen the ingredients that your sermon lacks.
We argued about how someone can get salvation and I told you that the same Jesus you preached about had already given a certain man the conditions for salvation in the scriptures. Instead of you to find that portion and read or maybe ask me to state the portion, you told me to read my Bible and start preaching your own sermon on salvation.
This is also the reason why many who believe in Jesus will miss heaven: THEY DON'T FOLLOW WHAT JESUS SAID, THEY ONLY FOLLOW JESUS' NAME. But what is the essence of believing in Jesus when you can't follow what Jesus said? Since you couldn't read what I told you to read, now here's it... "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
... Jesus said: Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me"(Matthew 19:16-21).
The summary of all these is to KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS and HELP THE POOR.
If Jesus gave this conditions to a man who wanted salvation, then who are you to tell me otherwise?
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2018
Imperare:

thank you, i was talking as a born again.
i also know that man was born with a sinful nature and he sins because he is a sinner. but a believer in Christ( born again ) has gods divine nature which is already a heaven citizen and not a candidate Philippians 4.20
mind you that a born again is not a sinner and can never sin, so why wont he make heaven?

One who has just accepted Jesus to be born again can still sin. It's our duty to fight the demons causing us to sin and hindering us from possessing our inheritance.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:
Salvation Through JESUS Christ is enough to take anybody to Heaven...

What is salvation?
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

I love that city.

John Pepper Bekederemo Clark even wrote a poem, that I love, about Ibadan.
Really? guess you have been there. It's a nice place.

I don't know who John pepper is cry
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
MariaLavina:
Really? guess you have been there. It's a nice place.

I don't know who John pepper is cry
I attended the University of Ibadan.

He is a writer. One of the best poets in Nigeria.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2018
gentlegenius:

Hmmm.... This is why people fail exams woefully even when they have been told what to read.
There's nothing wrong with the sermon you preached above, but if you'd read the conditions for salvation that was given by Jesus himself, you'll have seen the ingredients that your sermon lacks.
We argued about how someone can get salvation and I told you that the same Jesus you preached about had already given a certain man the conditions for salvation in the scriptures. Instead of you to find that portion and read or maybe ask me to state the portion, you told me to read my Bible and start preaching your own sermon on salvation.
This is also the reason why many who believe in Jesus will miss heaven: THEY DON'T FOLLOW WHAT JESUS SAID, THEY ONLY FOLLOW JESUS' NAME. But what is the essence of believing in Jesus when you can't follow what Jesus said? Since you couldn't read what I told you to read, now here's it... "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
... Jesus said: Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me"(Matthew 19:16-21).
The summary of all these is to KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS and HELP THE POOR.
If Jesus gave this conditions to a man who wanted salvation, then who are you to tell me otherwise?
Even if you just came into the World, you hv done no sin and u hv kept all the Commandments.. it does not guarantee you Heaven..
There are many people today who keep all the commandments, do good works but are yet to Accept JESUS CHRIST as their Lord and Saviour...My brother that is Religious works...
Salvation is the Koko.
Salvation is an act of Consiously Believing that JESUS Christ died for u,Confessing your sins to Jesus Christ and Making Amendments. Thatis Salvation.
We are saved by Grace ( The Grace God gives when u Surrender and Believe on Him) not by Works ( the likes of Keeping 10 commandments and Giving).. They are fantastic but they don't guarantee salvation..

1 Like

Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

I attended the University of Ibadan.

He is a writer. One of the best poets in Nigeria.

Wao! shocked shocked

I will check him out later.

So you once lived in ib? do you have the accent too? like it's been years I left the city yet my Yoruba isn't flawless. lipsrsealed
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

What is salvation?
Salvation is Confessing and Denouncing your Sins to JESUS CHRIST, Believing That JESUS CHRIST died for You, and Recieving JESUS into your Life..
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
MariaLavina:
Wao! shocked shocked

I will check him out later.

So you once lived in ib? do you have the accent too? like it's been years I left the city yet my Yoruba isn't flawless. lipsrsealed

One of his poems you're probably going to like is Streamside Exchange.

I stayed there, because of my first degree in the University of Ibadan, from 2006 to 2010.

I don't have the accent as I am not from Ibadan. I only went there for my university education.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:
Salvation is Confessing and Denouncing your Sins to JESUS CHRIST, Believing That JESUS CHRIST died for You, and Recieving JESUS into your Life..

And after that what next? Sit back and enjoy the "comforts" of Salvation? No! There's a lot to do, lot of wars to be fought, lot of sacrifices to be made for Christ. You need to fight to protect your Salvation else you lose it.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

One of his poems you're probably going to like is Streamside Exchange.

I stayed there, because of my first degree in the University of Ibadan, from 2006 to 2010.

I don't have the accent as I am not from Ibadan. I only went there for my university education.
Oh thanks, I will do that.

I'm not from ibadan either, it's just that my speech is easily influenced. Good to know something new about you tongue.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

And after that what next? Sit back and enjoy the "comforts" of Salvation? No! There's a lot to do, lot of wars to be fought, lot of sacrifices to be made for Christ. You need to fight to protect your Salvation else you lose it.
Definitely.. you hv to guard your Salvation and move on to higher experiences of Sanctification and The Holy Ghost baptism..
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Imperare(f): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

One who has just accepted Jesus to be born again can still sin. It's our duty to fight the demons causing us to sin and hindering us from possessing our inheritance.
no the person cannot sin.
he is righteous and can never sin
rom3:22-24,28
gal 3:11,24
rom 5:1-2
phil 3:9
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Imperare(f): 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

after salvation, renew your mind rom 12.2
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
MariaLavina:
Oh thanks, I will do that.

I'm not from ibadan either, it's just that my speech is easily influenced. Good to know something new about you tongue.
May we know each other better than we already do.
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by gentlegenius(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:
Even if you just came into the World, you hv done no sin and u hv kept all the Commandments.. it does not guarantee you Heaven..
There are many people today who keep all the commandments, do good works but are yet to Accept JESUS CHRIST as their Lord and Saviour...My brother that is Religious works...
Salvation is the Koko.
Salvation is an act of Consiously Believing that JESUS Christ died for u,Confessing your sins to Jesus Christ and Making Amendments. Thatis Salvation.
We are saved by Grace ( The Grace God gives when u Surrender and Believe on Him) not by Works ( the likes of Keeping 10 commandments and Giving).. They are fantastic but they don't guarantee salvation..
Well done sir... It is now obvious that you expect me to believe what you say instead of what Jesus said. I quoted the scriptures to show you that Jesus actually gave two conditions for salvation. Even though it is important to believe in God, but why didn't Jesus told that man to just believe in God, confess his sins, amend his ways and be saved by grace? Why has it been so hard for you to accept the conditions given by Jesus in the Bible or at least show the portion of the Bible where Jesus told us to follow the conditions you listed above and be saved by grace? Perhaps you think that Jesus was lying to that rich man about salvation... And you are the one telling the truth. Now give yourself a round of applause and have a GOOD NIGHT!
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
Imperare:

after salvation, renew your mind rom 12.2

Righteousness89:
Definitely.. you hv to guard your Salvation and move on to higher experiences of Sanctification and The Holy Ghost baptism..

Have you seen this? The devil is always active to snatch the born-again Christians if they don't guard it. Read Ephesians 6:10-13
Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Have you seen this? The devil is always active to snatch the born-again Christians if they don't guard it. Read Ephesians 6:10-13
Sure.. The fact that we have given our lives to Christ does not mean that we should releax and behave anyhow.. We have to Ensure we are always on Fire ..
Putting on the whole armpit of GOD
Engaging daily in the world
Seeking for GOD'S Presence
Telling others about JESUS.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by Righteousness89(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
gentlegenius:

Well done sir... It is now obvious that you expect me to believe what you say instead of what Jesus said. I quoted the scriptures to show you that Jesus actually gave two conditions for salvation. Even though it is important to believe in God, but why didn't Jesus told that man to just believe in God, confess his sins, amend his ways and be saved by grace? Why has it been so hard for you to accept the conditions given by Jesus in the Bible or at least show the portion of the Bible where Jesus told us to follow the conditions you listed above and be saved by grace? Perhaps you think that Jesus was lying to that rich man about salvation... And you are the one telling the truth. Now give yourself a round of applause and have a GOOD NIGHT!
What was the Context of that passage. Read the Whole passage. Matt19:16-30.
JESUS Christ was emphasizing on the notion that you can't say u serving and be love anything above him...
The man Loved GOD but Cherished his Wealth more .,
If u read down, you will see where the disciples said we have abandoned all and followed you...

If Money and things of this life is your Primary Focus, you can't say u love GOD...

JESUS wants to be First in our Lives.. Wealth or no Wealth...
But the young man loved Wealth more than JESUS.. that was why JESUS said" it will be Eadier for a Carmel to pass thru the eye of s needle than for "A Rich man" to enter Heaven..
In other words a Man who values Riches more than JESUS!

1 Like

Re: You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body by suregalluv(f): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Righteousness89:
Sure.. The fact that we have given our lives to Christ does not mean that we should releax and behave anyhow.. We have to Ensure we are always on Fire ..
Putting on the whole armpit of GOD
Engaging daily in the world
Seeking for GOD'S Presence
Telling others about JESUS.

*armour
*Word

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me / Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches / Check Out The Interior Views Of Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.