Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

The Diary Of A Village Corper. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary Of A Village Corper. (660 Views)

The Diary Of A Terrorist (True Life Story Of Unimaid Student Turned BH Member) / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Diary Of A Village Corper. by Nawteemaxie(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
DIARY OF A VILLAGE CORPER 1

[Hales Write]

After the long wait and delay we had to endure through, not wearing that famous NYSC regalia would seem as though one did not pass through the four walls of the University. Some how, having your service year was like the crown jewel to be attained by any graduate, even the market woman would ask “Omome, when you go go service na?” Yeah, it was that prized.

Some of us in the same boat would constantly follow each other up on WhatsApp and other platforms, we called each other frequently just to keep updated. No one wanted to be in the dark and besides, we were tired of sitting at home. One day we heard that the senate list had been released, they say it is a compilation of prospective corp members from cleared institutions across the federation. My name was there. I had seen too many downsides to get my hopes up over a senate list, but on the flip side, I have seen many up sides too. So my hope stayed on the rise anyway. My anticipation was becoming tangible, I could almost touch it.

Corp members were mainly sent to schools, I did not want that. As much as I loved communicating in a responsible environment, I did not want to teach. Anywhere else but the classroom, let me please be among the few who would make it to reputable organizations and setups, as always, I would give my best and if the employers see it fit to retain me as a staff, blessed be. It was a dream.

One midnight, everywhere starts buzzing, the website was open for registration. On nights like this the sleep is usually very short.

To be continued….
Read more at http://aprokorepublic.com/2018/09/07/diary-of-a-village-corper/

(1) (Reply)

Read Books Forget New Year's Resolution / An Experience On A Keke Ride / Men And Their Sexuality (and Their Male Organ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.