Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam (14408 Views)

Update On Petition Against Brymo's Twitter Rants Against The Igbos / Coronavirus: Abba Kyari To Be Moved To Lagos For Treatment - Sahara Reporters / "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by dre11(m): 5:10am On Sep 08, 2018
Eniola Akinkuotu , Abuja

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says it has started work on a petition linking Abba Kyari , the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari , to a contract scam.

The Spokesperson for the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said this in a text message sent to our correspondent on Friday.

The petitioner, Bako Waziri Kyari , who claimed to be a nephew to the chief of staff had said during a popular radio programme , Berekete Family , on Human Rights Radio 101. 1 FM in Abuja , that Kyari and Sani Ado , whom he claimed worked with the Bureau of Public Procurement, allegedly collected N 29. 9 m from him in order to facilitate the award of a contract .

The petitioner said he had written a petition to the EFCC but the commission refused to treat it , insisting that it could not investigate the President’ s aide .

In his reaction , however , the EFCC spokesperson said , “The petition by Bako Waziri is being investigated by the commission . Any serious investigation takes time and it is presumptuous to conclude that the EFCC is non - committal simply because you did not receive instant result. This is how investigations are done . ”

Bako, who is from Bama in Borno State, told Berekete Family that when he lost his father , Kyari came to commiserate with the family and then promised him the contract .
He said on getting to Abuja, he met with Kyari at Caledonia Hotel , Maitama, four times .

Bako alleged that Kyari asked him to pay Ado some money to facilitate the award of the contract .

He said he approached a friend who lent him some money , adding that he also sold his properties in order to raise N 29. 9 m which he used in facilitating the contract .

Speaking through an interpreter , he said , “ Abba Kyari asked if I had a company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.

I told him I did and so he asked me to come down to Abuja . We met at least four times at Caledonia Hotel on Gana Street, Maitama. We discussed there . The hotel should have CCTV and this can be confirmed .

“Abba Kyari collected the documents of my company . He said I would supply 15 Toyota Hilux vehicles to the Presidential Villa . He gave me an agreement to sign and I signed two documents . He collected two letterheads from me , 12 passport photos and introduced me to Sani Ado and Alhaji Ibrahim .

“ He said anytime they needed money , he would let me know so that I could give the money to Sani Ado . Ado began collecting money from me to process the contract .

Before depositing money into Ado ’ s account , I always alerted Abba Kyari and he would tell me to go ahead .

“ All the money I transferred to Ado summed up to N 29 , 950 , 000 . The total contract was worth N 300 , 725 , 000 . They promised me 30 per cent profit of the total contract which is about N 94m . ”

The petitioner said Ado called him later to tell him that the money had been paid.
Bako, however, said he never received the funds as Ado continued to give him flimsy excuses .

He said he got frustrated and then wrote a petition to the EFCC.

The petitioner, however, said he was disappointed by the response of the EFCC.

He added , “Some officials loyal to Abba Kyari refused to help me . I went to meet an official petitioner at Block C in the EFCC. He is very close to the acting Chairman , Ibrahim Magu . The official asked me to bring the petition to him but by the time I got there , he had called Kyari to inform him of my presence .

“ Abba Kyari called me on the phone to tell me that he knew I was at the EFCC. ”

Bako said he quickly changed his mind and decided not to use the EFCC any longer . He , however, said friends from whom he borrowed money began to pester him .
He said a friend decided to report him to a policeman , DSP Tijani Bulama.

The petitioner said he explained the matter to Bulama and even gave him Abba Kyari ’ s number to prove that he was telling the truth.

Bako said Kyari promised to return the money in a few days but never did .

He added , “ The policeman threatened to make the matter public , but the following day , men of the DSS stormed Tijani ’ s home and arrested him .

“ While in detention , the policeman under duress , called me , asking me to meet him at Eagle Square . On getting there , men of the DSS arrested me and took me to their office . The DSS men asked if we had informed anyone and we said no.

“ They took our statements and Abba Kyari later came to the DSS . He, however , refused to speak to me . The DSS officials forced me to lie that I gave the policeman N 250 , 000 to blackmail Abba Kyari but I refused . So they detained me for two weeks while the policeman was detained for a month. ”

He said it was Kyari that asked the DSS to release him and promised that the matter was a family one and would be resolved internally .

The petitioner said he waited for another seven months but Kyari never paid him his money .

Bako said he decided to approach the EFCC a second time but through another official , Nura Buhari .

He added , “Nura Buhari then told me that if I wanted my petition to be attended to , I must remove Abba Kyari ’ s name . So , I removed Abba Kyari ’ s name and put only Ado .

“ Bashir instructed that the investigation must not include Abba Kyari . They took my statement at Block B but moments later , Abba Kyari called me again . When I picked up , Kyari told me he was told that I was at the EFCC but I denied being there.

“ All of them at the EFCC began to feel intimidated. Even Magu is afraid of touching the case file . ”

Also speaking, the policeman who was detained by the DSS , described the entire incident as a case of fraud .

Tijani , who spoke amid tears , said the DSS officials arrested him in the presence of his children and harassed his entire household.

He said , “Initially I didn’ t believe . I thought it was a fraudster impersonating the chief of staff . I called Ado and he said it was the chief of staff that asked him to collect the money . When I called the chief of staff, he denied it and said it was a mix up .

“ The next day, I sent a text to Ado telling him that the matter would be made public if he did not repay the money . Before I knew it , armed DSS officials in 10 vehicles stormed my home in PENGASSAN Estate , Lokogoma , and arrested me . They didn’ t even allow me wear my shoes . It was on March 27, 2017 , there were eyewitnesses there .

“ They blindfolded me . My child was even crying in the house and they even pushed the little boy to the floor. It was at that point I realised that it was the chief of staff ’ s handiwork . Even the IG would not send the DSS to my house . I knew that only someone as powerful as Abba Kyari could do such . ”

The deputy superintendent said he was brought before the then DG , Lawal Daura .
He added , “ Daura said , ‘ you are the one trying to intimidate the chief of staff, you want to become a whistleblower’ . When I asked if it was true that Abba Kyari duped the man , he asked me to get out of his office . ”

Tijani said he was treated as a common criminal and made to sit on the bare floor.
Attempts to speak with Ado on Friday proved abortive as his telephone line indicated that it was switched off while a text message was not responded to .

Presidency source denies allegation

A presidential source , who denied the allegations levelled against the President ’ s Chief of Staff, said the President ’ s top aide would not want to engage the accuser in the media .

The source who said he did not have the authority of the Chief of Staff to speak on the matter, said , “ I want you to use your discretion to determine if the story is worth publishing .

“ The Chief of Staff will prefer to take up any libelous publication in court . ”

Effort made to get the spokesman for the DSS , Mr. Nnochirionye Afunanya , failed as calls made to his telephone indicated that it was switched off . A text message sent to the same line also did not deliver .

No Sani Ado in BPP – Spokesman

When contacted , the Spokesperson for the BPP, Mr. Segun Imohiosen, said the bureau did not have any member of staff with the name Sani Ado .

He said , “Thanks for reverting to the bureau before going public . Unfortunately , we don’ t have any officer in the Bureau by the name Sani Ado . So , issue of collusion in procurement does not even arise. ”

https://punchng.com/efcc-works-on-petition-linking-buharis-aide-abba-kyari-to-contract-scam/

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:11am On Sep 08, 2018
I pray they shud work it on time. can u imaging, they told him to remove Abba kyari name if he want his case file to be opened. 2nd issue, DSS detained him for two weeks, and detained d officer more than that. 3rd issue, even magu afraid to touch the case file when he saw Abba kwari name. Nigeria is now really jagajaga. the officer's little child was even crying, but DSS officers that came with about 10 buses to arrest the officer at pensaga estate, pushed the little boy. power indeed. the matter was on march 27/2017. when d officer enter daura office den, daura told him that, u want to turn to whistle blower of chief of staff abi, and d officer asked daura that is it true that Abba defrauded the innocent man, and immediately he heard this, he asked the officer to get out of his office.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Lawalatm: 5:29am On Sep 08, 2018
Start by inviting or arresting everyone involved like they did Saraki...... That's how to exonerate FG from shielding corrupt officers wink wink wink wink

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 08, 2018
cheesy

If arrested then it would be a nice one

1 Like

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by clarocuzioo(m): 5:36am On Sep 08, 2018
Those are the kind of people found in Mr. Intergrity's administration.
Just imagine, the DSS have obviously become an institution of intimidation and harrassment, the EFCC is only an attack dog for political opponents. Its getting clearer by the day that this Administration is a scam and full of scammers.
Imagine the EFCC telling the man to remove ABBA KYARI'S name in the petition showing there are "untouchables" in the fight against corruption.

They should order the Network providers to print the call details between the man and Abba Kyari as that's the simplest way to prove if the man is saying the truth or not. They should also visit the hotel and get the CCTV tapes, which is also an evidence that will help the case.

For the zombies on nairaland, I hope you are seeing how your saint's administration is fighting corruption.

The following should come and disgrace their generation defending the indefensible:

SARRKI
360DEGREES
MADRIDGUY
BUHARIGUY
BUHARITILL2023
CILLICMILLIAN
YARIMO
NGENEUKWUENU

ALL OTHER ZOMBIES

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Beface(m): 5:38am On Sep 08, 2018
I listen to the testimony against Abba Kyari and if I must say the guy is a very greedy and heartless person. Obviously he is one of those cabals that have kept this government/Nigeria from progressing. The last time i checked Daura was disgracefully sack,now the Chief of Staff to Mr integrity is on the line. According to the nephew the amount of money in his account is unimaginable,I'm just waiting to see what the President will do.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by aolawale025: 5:39am On Sep 08, 2018
That will be the day!
Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 08, 2018
This is really sad. So much injustice in the land.

And to think that this greedy criminal Kyari is the kind of character that is the heartbeat of Buhari's 'change' government.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by NotAZombie: 5:40am On Sep 08, 2018
Zombies where are you.
Cc ButterflyleO,almaiga,Corrinthians,Buhariguy, madridguy,Sarrki,, yarimo,360DEGREES. Zombies show yourself.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by olaade21: 5:41am On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria is rotten. Criminals in government. Shameless lot. Funny, their paid internet rats will soon flood this thread to do what they are paid peanuts to do. Pathetic.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by vedaxcool(m): 5:43am On Sep 08, 2018
Good, we expect nothing less than the truth
Kyari is becoming too much of a liability and should be shown the way out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by kotv: 5:45am On Sep 08, 2018
So the lifeless Integrity with body odor has a corrupt person working for him while still pretending they are fighting corruption. If they check well, all of Buhari's appointees and aides are corrupt. Buhari is also corrupt. Only the gullible think these people are out to save Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by jomoh: 5:45am On Sep 08, 2018
Another thief around Buhari.

PMB needs to start taking decisive steps against these people tarnishing his personal image and that of his government but I understand it will be very hard for him knowing quite well that he’s running for a second term.

I won’t expect much from this at this moment. It will be killed internally without publicity. He(Buhari) can’t afford to ruffle his own base at this critical time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by RedAlert08(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2018
Buhari is fighting corruption, they said.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by menix(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2018
What is Nigeria turning to biko

U arrest a DSP just like that This people re really messing the system up..

I just pray Magu finds his feet to stand upright nd fight this one...

So much injustice in Nigeria..

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by chinjo(m): 5:49am On Sep 08, 2018
This case can only see the light of day when Buhari is out of the country.But as far as he is around, Forget it.

13 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by wakabobo: 5:50am On Sep 08, 2018
Hmm
Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by jchioma: 5:52am On Sep 08, 2018
Corruption in high places... These are the same people calling the shots in Mr integrity's govt.

Who's the presidency?

EFCC will do nothing. Magu is politically handicapped.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by cacmatters(m): 6:01am On Sep 08, 2018
Seriously serious
Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 08, 2018
I watched the interview and I was in tears when the DSP narrated what he went through!!If a DSP could be treated like that,abeg nigeria is gone!!EFCC chairman said if you can’t arrest Buhari,no one can touch Abba Kyari!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by odaniel1(m): 6:04am On Sep 08, 2018
My people, we are all cowards. Our bark is worse than our bite. Everyone will read this and move on to something less important. This is the kind of thread we should push out there so that the reformists can kick these people out in solidarity. But no, even I and the lot of us will skip this and say 'is it my father's business?' I weep for myself and I weep for my country. We are nothing but cowards. We are led to the slaughter everyday, yet we still hang around the abattoirs, hoping a Messiah will come and save us. start liking comments, start pushing national interest upfront and let us expose evil and corruption. Do not wait for the President nor the governor's to do it for they are the very urchins we should root out. Get your PVC and vote out incompetence!!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by jordyspices: 6:05am On Sep 08, 2018
Na wah even cheif of staff they follow do yahoo yahoo hmmmm wonders shall never end

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Almaiga: 6:06am On Sep 08, 2018
NotAZombie:
Zombies where are you.
Cc ButterflyleO,almaiga,Corrinthians,Buhariguy, madridguy,Sarrki,, yarimo,360DEGREES. Zombies show yourself.

This is a welcome development, Buhari's Administration does not tolerate Corruption from any individual, no matter how highly placed.
We are fortunate to have Baba as our President. This is the much reason why, Nigerian's can't stop supporting Buhari.

Sai Baba!!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by seunmsg(m): 6:07am On Sep 08, 2018
I listened to the program and I was really shocked. Abba Kyari is nothing but a common crook. Hopefully, this case will spur the president to make a decision on him.

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by SOFTENGR: 6:13am On Sep 08, 2018
Some people are living above the law.

Op, mods, plz change the topic from "efcc works on petition" to "efcc receive petition" because this case will soon be 4gotten.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 08, 2018
Almaiga:

This is a welcome development, Buhari's Administration does not tolerate Corruption from any individual, no matter how highly placed.
We are fortunate to have Baba as our President. This is the much reason why, Nigerian's can't stop supporting Buhari.

Sai Baba!!!
Gosh. This "I am a true Buhari loyalist" nonsense you fools spam the whole place with is so offensive. The mods shouldn't allow it.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by ojlifa: 6:15am On Sep 08, 2018
This is nothing new.that guy has a treason charge to answer, when Buhari leaves office and he must one day.that guy would answer to his crimes even if he is on wheel chair.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by overall90: 6:17am On Sep 08, 2018
I'm finding very difficult to believe this story.
Chief of staff to the presidency shocked
Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by ipobarecriminals: 6:17am On Sep 08, 2018
sad
Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by olril17(m): 6:18am On Sep 08, 2018
Almaiga:

Sai Baba!!!
try get small sense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by stonemasonn: 6:18am On Sep 08, 2018
Only 30million! Lol, Abba Kyari has been implicated in hundreds of millions worth of scams and nothing happened. That money is for his girlfriend Amaka.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam by ifymadu: 6:21am On Sep 08, 2018
It will end in nothing, Abba Kyari is not just corrupt, he is also buhari most trusted ally

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Delivers Keynote Address At AIM2019 In Dubai, Meets World Leaders / If Nigeria Will Break, Let It Breat--pastor Oyedepo / Igbo And Yoruba - Recent Achievements Overseas/ Who Is Cat, Who Is Rat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.