Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,159 members, 7,860,145 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

See The State Of A Restroom At Nigerian High Commission In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The State Of A Restroom At Nigerian High Commission In London (421 Views)

Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / Armed Men Break Into Nigerian High Commission In Ghana, Demolish Apartments / See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

See The State Of A Restroom At Nigerian High Commission In London by Magichand: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2018
A viral photo shared by Twitter user @asemota, showed the state of a restroom at Nigerian High Commission in
London.

The Twitter user who lamented over the state of the restroom, said he now believes ‘our anyhowness’ is genetic. He wrote;

Nigerian High Commmission in London. We take our “Anyhowness” everywhere with us. I now believe that it is genetic.

He also added:

Last week, I woke up in hospital and realized we cannot change Africa in our lifetime. Africa will kill all of us before anything changes. The countries are not really that different. The same problems plague most African countries and they are complex. People are complex.

I left Nigeria because a whole country with millions of people had no lithotripsy machine. In Ghana, a whole country with millions of people have only one interventional radiologist. When he is on vacation…..sorry.
I don’t think we can even begin to fathom the complexity of current problems and how much more complex they are going to become without drastic intervention. We are playing footsie with education and healthcare while our population balloons.

The potential for anarchy is increasing exponentially. Government is becoming more and more irrelevant. They have largely failed. People will wake up one day and realize that they have nothing to lose by getting rid of ineffective governance structures. Tribes will return.

Timely! This is true for us. If you survived adversity in Africa, it should give you insight into saving millions from similar adversity. I want to hate that Africa sucks but…can I save others from sharing my horrible experience?

The photos went viral just after protesters recently stormed the Nigerian high commission in London, to demand that government speed up its effort to rescue Leah Sharibu. Sharibu who was among the 119 students kidnapped from Government Girls Secondary School Dapchi, Yobe state, in February, has refused to deny her Christian faith.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/see-the-state-of-a-restroom-at-nigerian-high-commission-in-london-pics/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: See The State Of A Restroom At Nigerian High Commission In London by Tolexander: 7:56am On Sep 08, 2018
The Twitter user who lamented over the state of
the restroom, said he now believes ‘our
anyhowness’ is genetic. He wrote;
Nigerian High Commmission in London. We take
our “Anyhowness” everywhere with us. I now
believe that it is genetic.
It is so easy taking a girl out of the village, but so difficult taking away the village outta the girl may be mission impossible.

It is in our DNA. The UK environment can't reconfigure our genetic makeup.
Re: See The State Of A Restroom At Nigerian High Commission In London by massinola(m): 7:57am On Sep 08, 2018
You can take a man out of the village, but can't take the village out the man. Lack of maintenance culture is in us like peak
Re: See The State Of A Restroom At Nigerian High Commission In London by Mynd44: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2018

(1)

Sanwoolu To Make Formal Declaration – Team / Osun: Police Statement Declaring Adeleke, PDP Candidate Wanted For Exam Malpract / Which Constitution Says That Osun Election Should Be Declared Inconclusive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.