Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group (9047 Views)

Police Teargas Peter Obi Supporters In Ebonyi, Arrest Some (Video, Pictures) / Quit Active Politics, Be A Statesmen - Reporter tell Obasanjo / Buhari Receives Akwa Ibom Elder Statesmen (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by michoim(m): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2018
Any foolish corrupt elder stateman inciting troubles in the land should of course be promotly arrested...

1 Like

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by wink2015(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2018
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

A pan Yoruba youth organizations, Igbimo Odo Yoruba, has raised an alarm about a plot by the federal government to clampdown on some leaders of the Nigerian leaders and elders forum comprising Afenifere, Northern Elders Forum, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) and Middle Belt Forum, with the aim of weakening the group’s perceived opposition to the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration by using the Nigerian Police Force and the Department of State Services to execute a series of arrests targeting key chieftains of the groups such as Comrade Yinka Odumakin, Dr Junaid Mohammed, Chief John Nwodo, Dr Isuwa Dogo, Chief Ayo Adebanjo and others, on trumped-up charges.

The group alleged in a press statement released Friday by its Coordinator, Comrade Olufemi Lawson, in Lagos that the plot also involves executing illegal searches on residential and business premises of persons believed to be arrow heads of the groups, with the ultimate objective of silencing them so to as cripple their criticisms of the Mr Buhari led All Progressives Congress (APC) administration in the country.

The youth group also alleged that the plot is aimed at decapitating the any opposition to the “now unpopular” government of President Buhari, which is desperately seeking a second term in office come 2019.

Making reference to the recent illegal raid on the Abuja residence of elder statesman and Niger Delta leader, Mr Edwin Clark, the group alleged that it was the first step in the series of orchestrated actions geared towards silencing the opposition to the Buhari’s government, which has been mainly championed by the Nigerian Leaders and Elders Forum.

The group further stated that the glaring failures of the APC administration in the country and the increasing agitation for the restructuring of the country, being spearheaded by the Elders and Leaders, is responsible for the federal government’s plot to clampdown on those persons, who are now considered to be the arrowhead of the opposition to the Buhari’s government.

According to the group, the increasing resort to dirty tactic fits into the pattern of the Buhari’s administration abuse of federal institutions, including the police, DSS, the military and the regulatory agencies, to harass and intimidate the opposition.

The group also stated that the recent events are proof of the desperation of the Buhari’s administration, which it alleged is determined to make sure that Nigeria is plunged into chaos through its anti-democratic activities.

“We are therefore using this medium to alert Nigerians and the international community of the evil machinations of the Federal government and the APC to throw Nigeria into crisis.

“We also call on Nigerians and the global community to take note of the desperate tactics of this administration and do whatever they can to prevail on President Buhari not to plunge the country into chaos,” the group further stated.

The group warned that any crisis arising from the desperate antics of the federal government would not augur well for Nigeria and her democracy, adding that the country “must not be allowed to be plunged into crisis for whatever reason.”

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/09/09/criticism-fg-plotting-to-arrest-some-elder-statesmen-group/

Democracy is getting worse in Nigeria going by the actions of the ruling party and the opposition.

The Nigerian masses are the one who are at the receiving end of the bad leadership with corruption crying to the highest heaven.

Nigeria government at the federal and state level do not have money to fund capital project as political leaders refuse to save during the good old days of oil boom.

President Muhammadu Buhari is turning to China to help us build our railways and fix our country.

Previous government right from the military to civilian administration looted the national treasury thereby increasing the poverty rate.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by omoiyalayi(m): 7:08am On Sep 09, 2018
Abi werey ni awon eleyi ni?

Anyway its elections time

They just want to be known & coming up with that kind of unfounded allegations is what will put them in the limelight

So the opposition that are looking for allies will see them as tools they can use during the election against the incumbent

And since nothing comes free in this part of the world especially during election that is where my guys will get there money from grin

Since it's obvious this current government does not throw money around unnecessary

Sense will not kee mi grin

All na business strategy

You take them serious @ ur own peril

If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by buchai: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2018
please does anybody in this forum knows the time elections are going to start next year?
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Bede2u(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2018
paulchineduN:
It still marvels me that despite Yoruba's educational advancement , they have continued to support this tyrant to be in power beyond 2019.

Who has bewitched us in this country? A country full of smart people is left in the hands of one Mr Integrity who thinks corruption to be only when u steal from public treasury. Bet me, if Buhari stays beyond 2019, Nigeria will witness the biggest rife and disenchantment we have never seen in the land.

Can u imagine a presidency defending an Abba Kyari in a scam that every sensible person knows that what those young men are saying is true? Endless instances yet some people open up their mouth to say they are fighting corruption. Fighting corruption indeed.
lol...at the bolded...this a wicked lie yorobà people have told themselves for ages...yet no prove to back it.

Look at the so-called educated people queing up to get garri from apc candidate in osun state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Oblang(m): 7:22am On Sep 09, 2018
Mumu ppl raising false alarm and some dunce here already masturbating over it. No amt of blackmail will stop we Buhari supporters from reelecting him next year...

2 Likes

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by olufalaye: 7:22am On Sep 09, 2018
Good morning and Happy Sunday nairalanders

Pls I had to narrate my pains here. 2 months ago I was involved in a bike accident, it was severe I couldn't go to my part time work, hereby loosing the job.
The pain behind all this is that I need to pay my tuition fee in less than a week. I do not have parents since a tender age, so am all I've got for myself.
Am. Currently in my final year, just some months to finish.
pls good people of this forum help me out, any amount donated is something. The total fee is 80.300 and I have proof of all this to confirm

Pls I also need a part time job around Abeokuta axis. I have nothing to move on right now.

Happy Sunday once again.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by excel101(m): 7:24am On Sep 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecided we all knw una dnt like the face Baba Bubu.No free money again ,hence d noise
Fufu like you, you said no free money, but members of his cabal are stealing money, e.g Kiyari
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by ariesbull: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2018
Bede2u:
lol...at the bolded...this a wicked lie yorobà people have told themselves for ages...yet no prove to back it.

Look at the so-called educated people queing up to get garri from apc candidate in osun state
Chai
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by klax(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2018
Bibors:
Why raise alarm now when you all brought him into power.
You also supported him in his python dance.
Sit back and enjoy your own share of the dance.

Stop being silly they did not support any phyton dance those who supported it are here on Nairaland and if you read the targeted names it contain igbo names so open your eyes and brain ok.

Now listen operation phyton was not a declaration of war against the igbo pls get that fact but it was against IPOB and IPOB is a group causing headache within igbo extraction and Nigeria at large and must be nip at the bud the only error the f u c k I n g Buhari did was refusing to use same measure against fulani killers but for fed govt to decimated IPOB in a strong term I support it so don't start tribalism this morning ok.

This was same mistake the igbo made during June 12 upheaval we stirred clear and said it's Yoruba and Hausa problem they both faced each for real and at the end a truce was agreed and obj a Yoruba man became the president now we have started it again and when the presidency slip off our hand then we start shouting marginalization, war, biafra etc.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by lastmessenger: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2018
paulchineduN:
It still marvels me that despite Yoruba's educational advancement, they have continued to support this tyrant to be in power beyond 2019.

Who has bewitched us in this country? A country full of smart people is left in the hands of one Mr Integrity who thinks corruption to be only when u steal from public treasury. Bet me, if Buhari stays beyond 2019, Nigeria will witness the biggest rife and disenchantment we have never seen in the land.

Can u imagine a presidency defending an Abba Kyari in a scam that every sensible person knows that what those young men are saying is true? Endless instances yet some people open up their mouth to say they are fighting corruption. Fighting corruption indeed.
only Yoruba Muslims support buhari
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by QuotaSystem: 7:38am On Sep 09, 2018
jchioma:
The desperation to hang on to power by all means despite being rejected by 5% of the people is what will bring down this administration.

Fixed.

Argue with your keyboard.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by QuotaSystem: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2018
limeta:
This is nothing compared to what will befall the nation after the election

Herdsmen are regrouping and attracting new members from all Africa countries daily

It will be ok no one will hear you cry
This you brought on your self just for VP position

IPOB Wailers are pained that the government's efforts against the opposition sponsored herdsmen is paying off cheesy

When they were attacking, the President was incompetent... now they've been contained, you're complaining and hoping for a regrouping... hahaha

If you like, you PDP demons can sponsor more herdsmen, they will continue to be suyanized by Sai Baba! cool

1 Like

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by ipobarecriminals: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2018
excel101:
Fufu like you, you said no free money, but members of his cabal are stealing money, e.g Kiyari
i dnt trade banter eith s kid.Go look for ur mate elsewhere .If dis is how u call elder ones in ur house fufu,so bi it
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by excel101(m): 8:00am On Sep 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
i dnt trade banter eith s kid.Go look for ur mate elsewhere .If dis is how u call elder ones in ur house fufu,so bi it
Mr Elderly man and the ageless Methusela, your mates are not here they're in the elderly people's home waiting for their transition.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by excel101(m): 8:01am On Sep 09, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
Mr Elderly man and the ageless Methusela, your mates are not here they're in the elderly people's home waiting for their transition..
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by mobolaji252: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2018
I don't mind, even if it's to arrest the so ed elders that brought the country down and bomb them at once. I support anything that will make country better and create better future for youth.6

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Lipscomb(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2018
Arrest them and persecute them.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by bencr7: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2018
QuotaSystem:

IPOB Wailers are pained that the government's efforts against the opposition sponsored herdsmen is paying off cheesy

When they were attacking, the President was incompetent... now they've been contained, you're complaining and hoping for a regrouping... hahaha

If you like, you PDP demons can sponsor more herdsmen, they will continue to be suyanized by Sai Baba! cool
so opposition are d one sponsoring herdsmen, And d ruling party want to give land and protecting d Miyetti-Allah in many occasion that hv claim responsible for d killing done by herdsmen. Guy use ur head abeg!

1 Like

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by QuotaSystem: 8:32am On Sep 09, 2018
bencr7:
so opposition are d one sponsoring herdsmen, And d ruling party want to give land and protecting d militia Allah in many occasion that hv claim responsible for d killing done by herdsmen. Guy use head abeg!

1. The creation of grazing reserves is for lasting peace because Nigeria cannot eliminate legitimate herdsmen, and clashes with farmers and villagers are bound to continue as human development continues to encroach on traditional grazing routes. Common sense.

2. Miyetti Allah is a registered lawful organization in existence for decades, with Goodluck Jonathan as an officially registered grand patron (do your research). It represents legitimate herdsmen (producers of your beef, leather and tasty suya) and NOT opposition sponsored killer criminals despite their attempt to identify as legitimate herdsmen. As long as they're law abiding they deserve protection like every other law abiding Nigerian.

3. It's therefore clear that its your head that's needs using.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Bede2u(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2018
QuotaSystem:

1. The creation of grazing reserves is for lasting peace because Nigeria cannot eliminate legitimate herdsmen, and clashes with farmers and villagers are bound to continue as human development continues to encroach on traditional grazing routes. Common sense.

2. Miyetti Allah is a registered lawful organization in existence for decades, with Goodluck Jonathan as an officially registered grand patron (do your research). It represents legitimate herdsmen (producers of your beef, leather and tasty suya) and NOT opposition sponsored killer criminals despite their attempt to identify as legitimate herdsmen. As long as they're law abiding they deserve protection like every other law abiding Nigerian.

3. It's therefore clear that its your head that's needs using.
aboki argument grin
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by QuotaSystem: 9:18am On Sep 09, 2018
Bede2u:
aboki argument grin

Osu comprehension grin tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by xcrew20: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2018
bencr7:
so opposition are d one sponsoring herdsmen, And d ruling party want to give land and protecting d Miyetti-Allah in many occasion that hv claim responsible for d killing done by herdsmen. Guy use ur head abeg!
You get time to school some dumb fellows. The funny thing is that it will happen before their eyes, how the South will be over run by these same herdsmen. Thank God the east is on alert.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by slivertongue: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2018
there is freedom b4 speech bt there is no freedom after speech.
national interest accordin to GMB is abov rule of law
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by shizzle1: 11:15am On Sep 09, 2018
You will never find them in threads like this, but you'll see them run amok with their scratched faces on igbo related threads

Useful idiots and sophisticated moronsss
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Bibors(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2018
klax:

Stop being silly they did not support any phyton dance those who supported it are here on Nairaland and if you read the targeted names it contain igbo names so open your eyes and brain ok.

Now listen operation phyton was not a declaration of war against the igbo pls get that fact but it was against IPOB and IPOB is a group causing headache within igbo extraction and Nigeria at large and must be nip at the bud the only error the f u c k I n g Buhari did was refusing to use same measure against fulani killers but for fed govt to decimated IPOB in a strong term I support it so don't start tribalism this morning ok.

This was same mistake the igbo made during June 12 upheaval we stirred clear and said it's Yoruba and Hausa problem they both faced each for real and at the end a truce was agreed and obj a Yoruba man became the president now we have started it again and when the presidency slip off our hand then we start shouting marginalization, war, biafra etc.

I would have ignored your post but for clarity, I will educate you and the likes of you.
How can you start your post with such derogatory phrase as " Stop being silly"
Well that shows your upbringing.
Also how can you say I should read the post as if you read it for me.
It is also very wrong of you to bring in tribalism in a post which I made that didn't have an iota of tribalism.

Note.
I was referring to Ohaneze ndi Igbo who supported the python dance. It has been in the media how they did that.
For you to be against IPOB when indeed you don't understand their cause is being selfish.
Every nation has their right to self determination as enshined in UN Chater which Nigeria is signatory to.
Instead of negociating with successionists, they bring military power on them when they can't do so on people bearing arms.
They negotiated with the Avengers who bear arms, they give amnesty to Boko Haram and treat them with kids gloves till they overran a military base in Bornu on Friday night.
They have been petting herdsmen terrorists and Python doesn't know how to dance there.

I will not respond to you again if you write from an ignorant point again.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by SarcasticGenius(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2018
GoTV:
Good morning everyone. How was your night?

How was yours? Hope your mallam kept you supplied with burantashi?

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2018
I don't understand this tactic has been used by seating incompetent (and competent) African leaders for over 50 years now.. are they learners grin grin

1 Like

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by 2016v2017: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
limeta:
This is nothing compared to what will befall the nation after the election
Herdsmen are regrouping and attracting new members from all Africa countries daily

It will be ok no one will hear you cry
This you brought on your self just for VP position

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by 2016v2017: 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
paulchineduN:
It still marvels me that despite Yoruba's educational advancement, they have continued to support this tyrant to be in power beyond 2019.

Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by Oponel1962: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
Are they above the law?
They should be arrested if they have something to answer QED.
Re: Criticism: FG Plotting To Arrest Some Elder Statesmen—yoruba Youth Group by crimeboss: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
paulchineduN:

Some yorubas never did support the illiterate but most tilted towards him due to tinubu's political ambition and religious affiliation with buhari hoping he'll establish an islamic empire in Nigeria, buhari's ulterior motive is his religious faith to be the new foundation of Nigeria and fulani dominance in all government setups, this where tinubu will fail in his support for buhari because what this president has on his dirty mind is contrary to what he's expecting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uncertainty Over Electoral Bill As 30-Day Period For Buhari’s Assent Ends / 2023: Tinubu Appoints Masari Senior Adviser On Admin, Wamako, Special Duties / Court Nullifies Enugu Labour Party Governorship Primary, Orders Fresh Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.