Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m (751 Views)

Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo / 2019 Presidency: Suspension Hits Ohanaeze Over Atiku / BREAKING: Anambra Govt Disowns Atiku’s Endorsement, Hits Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by midolian(m): 8:57am On Sep 10, 2018
Crisis has engulfed the Abia State chapter of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, as members of the body, under the auspices of Concerned Ohanaeze Ndigbo Leader’s Network(CONLN), Sunday, called for the resignation of the State President, Elder Rowland Ajuzieogu.

The members accused Ajuzieogu of pocketing N5 million given to the group by the Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu as contribution for logistics for the holding of 2017 Igbo Day celebration.

They alleged that the President had pocketed the money after the event failed to hold in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state as planned.
The members equally accused Ajuzieogu of endorsing aspirants in Abia for the 2019 election without consulting the entire leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

The 1st National vice President of Ohanaeze, Mr. Nnamdi Onwunle, and other stakeholders of the group made this known in a press conference held in Umuahia, the state capital on Sunday.

He decried the dictatorial leadership of the President, which he claimed had brought the apex Igbo body in a bad light.

Onwunle said, “We are asking him to toe the path of honour by relinquishing the office of the President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in Abia.

“He lacks the competence, morality to be there. He should account for the N5 million he collected from Governor Ikpeazu for the holding of 2018 Igbo Day which did not hold.

“The President has been meeting politicians without the consent of other members of the Executive. Recently, he visited a guber aspirant, in the state, Uche Ogah, and endorsed him for the seat of Abia governor in 2019 election.

“He was offered more N6 million for the endorsement. We call on him to resign or face suspension for his corrupt act”.

Reacting, Ajuzieogu, in a phone interview with DAILY POST on Sunday night, dismissed the allegations.

He said, “No such thing happened. Mr. Nnamdi Ayo Onwunle is the state 1st vice President. And last year, there was no Igbo day. I did not collect any N5 million from the Governor.

“On the issue of endorsement, my dear brother, the governor himself, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu is instrumental to my becoming Ohanaeze President. And He has so much encouraged my administration.

“We I visited Dr. Uche Ogah on 1st of September. Mr. Onwunle was also part of that very delegation. It was entire executive of Ohanaeze Ndigbo that visited Ogah.

“What we discussed with Uche Ogah was on the restructuring of the Nigeria federation which Ohanaeze is clamouring for. We visited him to tell him that restructuring is the way to go.

“So, the allegation that I collected N6 million from Dr. Ogah and endorsed him for the seat of Abia governor in the upcoming election is baseless and untrue”.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/10/crisis-hits-ohanaeze-members-accuse-president-pocketing-gov-ikpeazus-n5m-donation/

lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by clarocuzioo(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2018
Stupid and useless Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, just because of crumbs from govt. that's why you allowed youths to be wasted.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by midolian(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2018
lalasticlala grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 10, 2018
And a yoruba man carried the news.....more to indicate that it is a pure FAKE NEWS.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Stupid and useless Ohaneze Ndi Igbo, just because of crumbs from govt. that's why you allowed youths to be wasted.

Oga u over reacting....i don't know when u joined nairaland but this Op is a yoruba man and pedddler of fake news.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by midolian(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Oga u over reacting....i don't know when u joined nairaland but this Op is a yoruba man and pedddler of fake news.
Commotion is expected on this thread grin#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by zlantanfan: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2018
Ohaneze is an aggrieved branch of the pdp. Fact

But funny how they don't milk pdp for their constituents benefits but rather their pockets and satisfaction for bootlicking fulani

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Corrinthians(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:
And a yoruba man carried the news.....more to indicate that it is a pure FAKE NEWS.
Face topic you this fake Igbo wannabe.

You keep insulting and pitting Igbos from one state against Igbos from another and turn around to claim one fake love for them.

We see through your devices. You are not Igbo

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Corrinthians(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2018
Will sit this one out and see how it pans out.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by yarimo(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2018
Ohh gosh IPOBIANS

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2018
Corrinthians:

You keep insulting and pitting Igbos from one state against Igbos from another and turn around to claim one fake love for them.

What I say to my igbo brothers shouldn't be a concern to any descendant of awolowo.

Am not igbo@bolded......na yoruba I go come be??....Tufiakwa....chineke ekwela....ekwela chineke.....

The era of lagos-ibadan express fake magazine is over.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Victornezzar: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2018
As i said earlier......All these groups are just for their selfish interest not for the interest of igbos.....They are just waiting for the highest bidder.....Even if buhari comes to the east tomorrow and and give this same Ohaneze group money.....They would dump their favourite candidate and align with Buhari......

Just vote for who u wanna vote for please
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Victornezzar: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2018
yarimo:
Ohh gosh IPOBIANS
Ipob and Ohaneze are two different groups please

Ipob-For the interest of igbos

Ohaneze-For their own selfish interest

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Corrinthians(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

What I say to my igbo brothers shouldn't be a concern to any descendant of awolowo.

Am not igbo@bolded......na yoruba I go come be??....Tufiakwa....chineke ekwela....ekwela chineke.....

The era of lagos-ibadan express fake magazine is over.
You who says Ebonyi Igbos are inferior Igbos? I repeat you are not Igbo. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Corrinthians:
You who says Ebonyi Igbos are inferior Igbos? I repeat you are not Igbo. cheesy

Ebonyi knows there place in igboland and they don't argue that......but u trying to arm twist issues won't help u.

Ebonyi and other se/ss states name them imo, abia, enugu, cross river, akwa ibom has a robust relationship.

Why not concentrate in oduduwa affairs and leave us alone.....who made u a judge by the way.....

Yorubas and interference on igbos issues....i tire oooOo.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by superlightning: 10:45am On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Ebonyi knows there place in igboland and they don't argue that......but u trying to arm twist issues won't help u.

Ebonyi and other se/ss states name them imo, abia, enugu, cross river, akwa ibom has a robust relationship.

Why not concentrate in oduduwa affairs and leave us alone.....who made u a judge by the way.....

Yorubas and interference on igbos issues....i tire oooOo.

shut up and carry your cross. fake igbo. efulefu k'ibu.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2018
superlightning:

shut up and carry your cross. fake igbo. efulefu k'ibu.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyi aburo ogbo.

Until u guys learn how to respect and show some respect.....then and until then will we agree on issues...

And on the issue of fake igbos....we all know who the real igbos are and who the almajiris in ebonyi state are.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by superlightning: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyi aburo ogbo.

Until u guys learn how to respect and show some respect.....then and until then will we agree on issues...

And on the issue of fake igbos....we all know who the real igbos are and who the almajiris in ebonyi state are.

thanks for confirming what Corrinthians said. Corrinthians was right about you after all.

ebonyi people arent cowards like you. i love and respect them as equals. they ARE equals. so take your inferiority complex elsewhere, maybe to benin where you truly belong. loll....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by ZZ22: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2018
Corrinthians:

The guy is a robot, his other monickers include↓↓
Anitabeuty
chef2000
Ogbuefi5050
Ogbuefi2020
Chris070370845022
Beijingdozzier
bestviewer
chino
Oneast
abagoro
Abagworo
GenScatt
bestview,
bestviewer,
lasgidiowner,
abia1stson,
lmo1stson,
onuebonyi,
paulnsk,
chri070
chri081
asha80,
asha9,
mxrap,
beigindossier,
kasyn081
dav081
BeautifulSE
bubu56
Murphyufere
swedishdocument
omanbala1
Nonsowow
Enuguboy4nsk

I'm even suspecting you because the guy talks and respond himself to keep his game going..

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2018
superlightning:

thanks for confirming what Corrinthians said. Corrinthians was right about you after all.

ebonyi people arent cowards like you. i love and respect them as equals. they ARE equals. so take your inferiority complex elsewhere, maybe to benin where you truly belong. loll....

U can take them as over equals....none of our damn business....we don't give a damn.....

And for the Benin issue....we have agreed to pursue federal Republic of omambala while una equals ( abia, imo, ebonyi and enugu) remain biafrans....dat settles it.
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by chimaobi430: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2018
Ohaneze is an aggrieved branch of the pdp. FactBut funny how they don't milk pdp for their constituents benefits but rather their pockets and satisfaction for bootlicking fulaniP

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by superlightning: 11:04am On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

U can take them as over equals....none of our damn business....we don't give a damn.....

And for the Benin issue....we have agreed to pursue federal Republic of omambala while una equals ( abia, imo, ebonyi and enugu) remain biafrans....dat settles it.

mgbe oge ruru, anyi amara uzo anyi ge shi......... sorry eh....lol
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 10, 2018
superlightning:

mgbe oge ruru, anyi amara uzo anyi ge shi......... sorry eh....lol

Why diverting to igbo language.......kedu ihe mere iji jiri igbo.....gbanwee uzo gi.....
Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by Sharpshooota: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2018
And these are the ones chanting restructuring

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits Ohanaeze As Members Accuse President Of Pocketing Gov. Ikpeazu’s N5m by yarimo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2018
Victornezzar:

Ipob and Ohaneze are two different groups please

Ipob-For the interest of igbos

Ohaneze-For their own selfish interest
Kikihihmimimehahi I laugh in NUPE language

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

IPOB: Commissioner Of Police Meets Empty Streets In Anambra(pics) / Atiku Join Black Panther And Avengers To Fight For Nigeria 2019 / Bauchi Lawmaker Vows To Dump APC, Urges Nigerians To Vote Out Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.