Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay (2268 Views)

After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... / I Was Penciled Down For A Cleaners Job, But Got Lecturing Job Instead / I Got Firs Job But Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by antysocial: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thread closed
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by solelymade: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
antysocial:
Hi everyone, I just recently graduated from school and awaiting Nysc. I just got a pre-nysc job which promises to extend to when I start my Nysc. Although I lobe everything about the job but the pay is #25000. Do you think this is a good pay for an Nysc intern?. Also comsider the fact that transport will be abt 10k monthly, so my net income will be about 15k. What do u think? , should I ask for an upgrade or I should not accept the job.
Thanks Guys

If you don't mind what kind of job? Except for a tech job, 25k for a preNysc job is more like strucking gold; 80 percent of during Nysc jobs don't even pay that.
Be informed before blowing your opportunity, persevere

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by kunlesmiles(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
It's better u take d job
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by samwash(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
You never ready to work. Whether its related or not to wot u study in school,wot count is the experience.
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by nelsonebby(m): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
15k monthly is quite small
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by In2systemsTech(m): 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
nelsonebby:
15k monthly is quite small

yeah and 0k is smaller when you dont have the 15k

15 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by nelsonebby(m): 3:20am On Sep 11, 2018
In2systemsTech:

yeah and 0k is smaller when you dont have the 15k
Obviously.

But, Can you accept such a job that earns you that much monthly ?
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by In2systemsTech(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2018
nelsonebby:

Obviously.

if i dont have any other option at the moment... yes... i have accepted less but it has grown me and push me to where i get more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by solelymade: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
nelsonebby:

Obviously.

Looking at what the op said, he said he's okay with most things about the job. Probably the job allows him to grow within the organisation and also forge a career, only concern is the pay.
That pay is a function of excess supply of labour over the demand for labour. He 'might' find it difficult to get another. I am not saying people don't get better offers than that, but he should hold firm to that now, add immense value to the firm, grow at the job, improve himself and keep an eye on the corridor for a better offer out there.
Do you know how much Lagos state govt pay corpers serving in state agencies and ministry? 10k

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by antysocial: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
Its actually a tech job. I'm an Engineering student and its my area of interest
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by solelymade: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
antysocial:
Its actually a tech job. I'm an Engineering student and its my area of interest
What's the industry and how big is the organisation?
If you can, negotiate for a better pay package, but don't throw that job away when you haven't gotten another. If you do otherwise, it will look bad on your Resume. I have been down this lane before reasons why I'm concerned.
How many months are you to wait before service??
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by fabulouslove(f): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
It always shouldn't be just about money. Consider the knowledge you would acquire, experience and network. I would say take it. I wish I had thought of doing such during my time. Goodluck to you.
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by yemi15(m): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
antysocial:
Hi everyone, I just recently graduated from school and awaiting Nysc. I just got a pre-nysc job which promises to extend to when I start my Nysc. Although I lobe everything about the job but the pay is #25000. Do you think this is a good pay for an Nysc intern?. Also comsider the fact that transport will be abt 10k monthly, so my net income will be about 15k. What do u think? , should I ask for an upgrade or I should not accept the job.
Thanks Guys

Not a bad offer, You are lucky you are getting such. We all start from somewhere.
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by antysocial: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2018
solelymade:

What's the industry and how big is the organisation?
If you can, negotiate for a better pay package, but don't throw that job away when you haven't gotten another. If you do otherwise, it will look bad on your Resume. I have been down this lane before reasons why I'm concerned.
How many months are you to wait before service??
4months before service, its a small start-up
Promised a continuation during service
Re: I Just Got A Job But I Have Doubts On The Pay by solelymade: 11:30am On Sep 12, 2018
antysocial:

4months before service, its a small start-up
Promised a continuation during service
Good enough, it's a short stay. Keep at it for now be more concerned about getting a better all-round place for Service. For service year, if you are extremely lucky and highly skilled you sure will get a better place that should pay above 35k(some corper earn entry level pay with big coy) or a better offer from them too. Please, don't joke with certification courses even those in areas of management.
Goodluck Bro

(1) (Reply)

Kpmg Test Format Pls / Advice: Customs And Immigration, which is preferable? / SHIVTECH Nigeria Hiring!!! (tech Support ,sales & Marketing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.