Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

Would You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You (986 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You by shakerz1: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
I wonder what you guys think,
I would never marry someone who is not 9ja.
I believe Marriage is not only between me and my husband.
Cause you also marry his family and he marry's mine 2.
And Marriage IN MY EYES will only work if you share the same , and cultur.
Ive seen before my 2 friends got married and yes they are divorce now,
and yh plenty thing happend. n, the basic is they dont understand 9ja cultur.

Q:

Would you marry non 9ja Guy-Girl?
Re: Would You by omega25red(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
you opinion on the matter is accepted but shouldn't you be willing to spread your culture and teach people your way of life instead of just blocking anyone from coming in or even having a chance to learn. Personally i will marry whom ever makes me happy and i will share my culture with them. Oh yea, marrying a person from your culture does not guarantee a successful marriage. Marriage takes work, lots of work and though cultural similarities might help but it's not all that matters. i'm taking this topic personal because of my family history same yoruba people different states but lots of hatred imagine that

I'm just saying
Re: Would You by chelseabmw(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2010
cry
Re: Would You by Navi613: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2010
Having that closed-minded attitude is kinda bleeped up. How would you feel if people of every other culture were the same?

It really is racist, if you think about it.

And to answer your question, yes I absolutely would. I don't necessarily plan to, but I would.
Re: Would You by adetoru(f): 1:19am On Jul 03, 2010
Well,I suppose you can't marry out of your tribe either.Marriages work because the two people involved decide to make it work and not because they are of the same tribe or cultural background.Don't do this to yourself or you might not get married at all.What if you get to marry aguy from same cultural background but doesn't hold his own culture to high esteem or even bother with it at all?Will you leave the marriage?And you may not get to know the guy is like that b'cos as a 'cultural' Nigerian woman,your husband will be chosen for you.
Re: Would You by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 03, 2010
You need to break out of all of those mindsets.
Re: Would You by iice(f): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2010
To each his own jare.
Me i don marry viking. . .we have the same culture grin Warrrevvvaaa
Re: Would You by derolly(m): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2010
Never wld i marry a non 9ja woman. angry

9ja woman is my i deal woman, no mata the tribe as long as she's 9gerian and makes me happy nothing stops me.( imagine world wey u no go fit chop eba or speak pidgin b'cos u marry stranger)

got those childish mentality of marrying a white or black american when i was a kid, until i crossed over, my eyes saw my ear without a mirror( infact i no fit shout )

to all the 9ja men out there u've got to appreciate wat u have in ur country, lest u kill ur self wit high BP in the name of fame
Re: Would You by onstelly(f): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2010
Culture has nothing to do with marriage, i can marry whom ever that makes me happy n u say that u wil also marry his family n vice versa my dear i think u are diging ur own grave cos no matter how nice n caring u are, u cant please everybody cos some pple get wahala for der body.

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Hot Love / Let's All Post Our Baby Pictures :D / Grace Or Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.