Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Am I Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Wrong? (4826 Views)

I Miss Nigeria...I Regret Leaving It For America, Am I Wrong? / Was I Wrong... I Need An Honest Opinion. / Was I Wrong To Send This Hooker Back Home? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Met a guy April this year, we seem to have a lot in common and I really like this guy. we started dating and things have been going fine until last week. I travelled to Lagos in June (work related), in July, he went to port for NYSC camp (now at his ppa there). communication has been fine and all seem normal until he used a girl's picture (a corp member) as his d.p. if it had been his status on what's app, I would have considered it a birthday wish but it's on his d.p and there was no congratulation or birthday message to it. I waited for two days and he didn't remove the pix, I confronted him about it. he told me its non of my business, he can use anybody's pix 4 his d.p and I have no right to question him since he has never done same to me.
I got angry, we quarrelled and didn't talk 4 two days. I got fed up, apologized and he also did. we resolved it and he took down d pix but maintained his stand that I should not question him about his d.p.
though, we are good now, I feel kind of scared. I can't seem to trust him like I did few weeks back, we spoke last yesterday which is not normal (we talk and chat everyday). I feel reluctant to call him, I really want things to work out for us but I feel I am taking d wrong step
Re: Am I Wrong? by Oluromantic: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Plenty things dey involved

I think both of you may be inexperienced. If he never questions ur dp, you should not expect him to be answerable to you on his. You should ignore it as he did urs.

You don't win a guys attention by competing for his dp o. He hasnt promised u marriage. Leave him and just be there. He'll choose you over a troublesome girl. However keep ur options open. If he comes and shows interest when ure still available, fine. If you've been taken, then you were destined to be friends and nothing more. If God say he's ur hubby, he'll be.

But remove quarrel from d matter, it doesnt make it any better. Be good.

10 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by gabinogem(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
apart from this incident, has he done any other thing before that is related to cheating?
Re: Am I Wrong? by delugajackson: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
I waited for two days and he didn't remove the pix. I confronted him about it. He told me it's none of my business, that he can use anybody's pix as his DP and I have no right to question him.
Good people of Romanceland. Should we tell her the truth?

33 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by lovelybugs(f): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hmm. Try to open up to him on how you feel about it. And also ask him who you are to him.
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
gabinogem:
apart from this incident, has he done any other thing before that is related to cheating?
none at all. this is d first time we are even having a serious argument
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
delugajackson:
Good people of Romanceland. Should we tell her the truth?
go ahead pls
Re: Am I Wrong? by youngsahito(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
Met a guy April this year, we seem to have a lot in common and I really like this guy. we started dating and things have been going fine until last week. I travelled to Lagos in June (work related), in July, he went to port for NYSC camp (now at his ppa there). communication has been fine and all seem normal until he used a girl's picture (a corp member) as his d.p. if it had been his status on what's app, I would have considered it a birthday wish but it's on his d.p and there was no congratulation or birthday message to it. I waited for two days and he didn't remove the pix, I confronted him about it. he told me its non of my business, he can use anybody's pix 4 his d.p and I have no right to question him since he has never done same to me.
I got angry, we quarrelled and didn't talk 4 two days. I got fed up, apologized and he also did. we resolved it and he took down d pix but maintained his stand that I should not question him about his d.p.
though, we are good now, I feel kind of scared. I can't seem to trust him like I did few weeks back, we spoke last yesterday which is not normal (we talk and chat everyday). I feel reluctant to call him, I really want things to work out for us but I feel I am taking d wrong step
your guy is hiding something from you

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Wilfredpat22(f): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:

Open up to him and tell him you have been faithful and loyal. Truth is he thinks you are probably also bangging another guy also

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

Open up to him and tell him you have been faithful and loyal. Truth is he thinks you are probably also bangging another guy also
maybe u are right but I have tried to make him understand that I won't so such. probably, he don't trust me enough
Re: Am I Wrong? by Babacele: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
I think for disrespecting you for that long despite not discussing with you about who the mystery lady is calls for serious concerns. I hardly comment on relationship threads because the best judge of most relationship are the two folks involved. Notwithstanding, It is a huge disrespect to your person and emotion to have treated you that way ,and it is only a cheating gut that can pull that off. How is your boy?

8 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Eberechi24(f): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
go ahead pls

the Truth they want to tell you is that the guy may not faithful in his side. the lady on hs dp maybe his new catch.

be careful,
ppa matter tire person.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Eberechi24:

the Truth they want to tell you is that the guy may not faithful in his side. the lady on hs dp maybe his new catch.

be careful,
ppa matter tire person.

embarassed
Eberechi24:

be careful,
ppa matter tire person.

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Red flag?? Not so many can keep distance relationships

4 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by gabinogem(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
OK... u guys just need to come open & plane in ur affair...I won't say he's cheating on u just because he kept a lady's pics on his fb profile. Maybe he did that because of something u are doing or u did that is upsetting him & wants you to feel jealous; the reason u should pry & find out what made him had to act that way.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Babacele:
I think for disrespecting you for that long despite not discussing with you about who the mystery lady is calls for serious concerns. I hardly comment on relationship threads because the best judge of most relationship are the two folks involved. Notwithstanding, It is a huge disrespect to your person and emotion to have treated you that way ,and it is only a cheating gut that can pull that off. How is your boy?
he's fine, resumed kg1 yesterday. feel bad I am not home
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
gabinogem:
OK... u guys just need to come open & plane in ur affair...I won't say he's cheating on u just because he kept a lady's pics on his fb profile. Maybe he did that because of something u are doing or u did that is upsetting him & wants you to feel jealous; the reason u should pry & find out what made him had to act that way.
thanks, really appreciate
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Red flag?? Not so many can keep distance relationships
I still have three months to finish up here, and when I finally gets home, he won't be home. after staying away from relationships for long, I really want this 1 to work
Re: Am I Wrong? by Babacele: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
maybe u are right but I have tried to make him understand that I won't so such. probably, he don't trust me enough
have there been reasons or instances where the seeds of doubt or mistrust have been sown by you in this relationship?
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
you are at fault here
Re: Am I Wrong? by IamLEGEND1: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
Another relationship about to crumble because of DP...

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
Babacele:
have there been reasons or instances where the seeds of doubt or mistrust have been sown by you in this relationship?
none that I know of. we've been good till d d.p issue
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
SilentWisper:
you are at fault here
pls tell me how?
Re: Am I Wrong? by Babacele: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
none that I know of. we've been good till d d.p issue
and he is aware about my friend in kg1? Right from the start?
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
IamLEGEND1:
Another relationship about to crumble because of DP...
hmm, I hope that's not d case
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Babacele:
and he is aware about my friend in kg1? Right from the start?
sure, we attend same church. I don't hide my son

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Am I Wrong? by victorian(f): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
I still have three months to finish up here, and when I finally gets home, he won't be home. after staying away from relationships for long, I really want this 1 to work

My dear with this mentality of you want to this to work? U will really take shit from the guy.
The guy is also interested in the babe he used as his dp.. He's stringing both of u along.
For a guy, u are dating to say it's non of your buisness whom he uses as dp is just warming up, his arrogance and authoritative attitude towards u.
With time, u will realise what am saying.
Better retreat , set him.loose and be patient to date a better guy.

This one will just break your heart in a selfish and non chalant way at the end . The signs are glaring already.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
pls tell me how?
go through your post.bye lady
Re: Am I Wrong? by Babacele: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
gloria34:
sure, we attend same church. I don't hide my son
Good.
Re: Am I Wrong? by sicarioert3: 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
OUR TRAINING PRACTICAL IS FIRE

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
victorian:

My dear with this mentality of you want to this to work? U will really take shit from the guy.
The guy is also interested in the babe he used as his dp.. He's stringing both of u along.
For a guy, u are dating to say it's non of your buisness whom he uses as dp is just warming up, his arrogance and authoritative attitude towards u.
With time, u will realise what am saying.
Better retreat , set him.loose and be patient to date a better guy.

This one will just break your heart in a selfish and non chalant way at the end . The signs are glaring already.
well technically it's none of her business. Since she's not his wife undecided
Re: Am I Wrong? by victorian(f): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
SilentWisper:
well technically it's none of her business. Since she's not his wife undecided

It's her buisness, as long as she is girlfriend and lover.

Assuming they are just friends, then it's non of her buisness.
Any bf who says it's non of my buisness? Hmmmm.. Hmmmm.

The guy should just kiss our relationship goodbye. What rubbish?

Well anyways non of my past exs have ever said such to me

It's very rude to say to someone, u claim u care about and supposedly love.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not In a Good Mood This Evening [Picture] / And Yeah Good People!!! I finally said YES To him with my full chest! / Define: She Fronts Too Much!?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.