Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

"It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher (621 Views)

My Wife Demands For Lab Test Most Times When One Is Not Cheating / Woman Wants Divorce Over Husband’s Demands For Anal Sex / "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by Priscy01(f): 3:51am On Sep 13, 2018
A Muslim preacher has sparked an outrage after he declared that it's a 'major sin' for a wife to refuse sex with her husband.

Nassim Abdi , a fundamentalist preacher in Sydney, Australia told an Auburn mosque in the city's west, that a woman would be 'cursed' by angels for refusing her husband's demands for sex.

'If the husband calls the wife to be intimate and there's no legitimate reason for the woman to say no, then she must answer the call of her husband,' he said on Friday night.

'She must answer the call of her husband and if not she has committed a major sin.

'If the man calls the wife to bed and she refuses, the angels curse this woman and he sleeps with her whilst he's angry, the angels curse her until she wakes up.'

His statement has sparked major concern among Feminists, with long-time feminist Eva Cox describing him as a 'nutter' for disrespecting women's rights.

'Somebody needs to inform the preacher that he's preaching something which is illegal,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

'Preaching something which is illegal maybe should be banned. I'm sorry we've got these nutters.'

Macquarie University research professor Catharine Lumby, a gender adviser with the National Rugby League, described the sermon as 'hate speech'.

'That kind of speech should be investigated. I believe in freedom of speech but I believe in limits to freedom of speech where violence is being advocated,' she said.

'It is absolutely against the law in this country what he's advocating. It's a form of hate speech.'

While Professor Lumby said Mr. Abdi's sermon could encourage Muslim men to commit domestic violence.

'I would say it's incitement to commit a criminal offence: if your wife doesn't submit, then you still have the right to take her. That is a crime under Australian law,' she said.

'Shocking. The more I think about what this fundamentalist preacher said, in a way he's advocating a form of domestic violence.'

Watch the video below;

https://www.torimill.co/news/9768/its-a-major-sin-for-a-wife-to-refuse-her-husbands-demands-for-sex-muslim-preacher-video.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by chiommy123(f): 4:05am On Sep 13, 2018
I don't know about a major sin and what he meant by that but I think its wrong. Why refuse your husband without any reasonable excuse and complain about cheating
Re: "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by thorpido(m): 6:25am On Sep 13, 2018
It takes away the woman's rights and freedom.Even in marriage,consent is required.
chiommy123:
I don't know about a major sin and what he meant by that but I think its wrong. Why refuse your husband without any reasonable excuse and complain about cheating
What will you class as 'reasonable excuse'?Will a headache,tiredness or not being in the mood be reasonable?
Re: "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by chiommy123(f): 6:33am On Sep 13, 2018
thorpido:
It takes away the woman's rights and freedom.Even in marriage,consent is required.
What will you class as 'reasonable excuse'?Will a headache,tiredness or not being in the mood be reasonable?
if she's not faking it then its reasonable
Re: "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by Exponental(m): 7:41am On Sep 13, 2018
If you marry a woman meant to be your love, companion, friend, colleague, associate .......... and more, then, ignore the preacher. But if you married a woman to warm your bed and bear you children only, then, agree with the preacher.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by Mizwisdom(f): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2018
What type of sin is it when a man refuses to give his wife money for upkeep?

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: "It's A Major Sin For A Wife To Refuse Her Husband's Demands For Sex" - Preacher by thorpido(m): 10:32am On Sep 13, 2018
chiommy123:
if she's not faking it then its reasonable
'Mood' alone is enough for some women.They don't need to fake it,they are just not in the mood.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Family Rejects Daughter For Refusing To Sell Newborn Baby / N50,000 Per Month Husband? Consider This Ladies! / Japanese Man Marries Hologram Of Female Cartoon Character He Loves (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.