Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,401 members, 7,843,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday (2578 Views)

Three Months Deadline On Boko Haram Expires On November 13 / Which Governors Deserve To Be Jailed For Corruption After Tenure Expires? / Nigeria's Amalgamation Expires In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2007
The question now remains with the outstanding job that MR RIBADU has done with the EFCC, I strongly think his tenure should be extended to continue his crusade against corruption. This is not time for change.

The four-year tenure of the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, will expire on Sunday.

There are, however, no indications yet that President Olusegun Obasanjo will renew his tenure.

Ribadu, who was promoted recently to the rank of police commissioner, is the pioneer chairman of the anti-graft body, which has convicted over 150 persons involved in economic and financial crimes since 2003.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200704031174329
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Tornadoz(m): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2007
Am with you there mamajama.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by joorojaara(f): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2007
There will be life AFTER Nuhu Ribadu

(I hope!!!)

cool
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by 9ja4eva: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2007
Of course.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by doncartel: 1:08am On Apr 08, 2007
he should be given life tenure
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Seun(m): 4:06am On Apr 08, 2007
I don't think the tenure will be extended. He is becoming too effective for comfort! wink
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by 9ja4eva: 9:58am On Apr 08, 2007
Effective in the negative way.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by McKren(m): 10:02am On Apr 08, 2007
Probably a new government will give him a second term if they need his service or may be the gist about him being the next IGP is not wrong afterall.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2007
Mr Ribadu has done well by starting something incredible. It is a shame that the end wasn't that pleasant, but in general Ribadu has been nothing but a blessing to our great nation.

There is end to every beautiful thing, I think it's time for Nigeria as a nation to move forward. The foundation is visible, someone else should be allowed to carry on the process.
It will be better and sensible for a new Nigeria to move forward with out Mr Ribadu.
I'm pretty sure that another incredible unique and credible individual will be discovered to build on the foundation Mr Ribadu has implemented.

It's the new beginning, new people, new strategy, new mission and new country.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Backslider(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2007
Please Keep Ribadu oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let him continue with his Job Oh this people will run away with our money if you don't renew his work.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by McKren(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2007
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by toshmann(m): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2007
abeg make dem sack am jare, toshmann turn to chop don dey reach cool
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by oshkosh(m): 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2007
Ribadu's tenure may not be extended. I think he may be destined for higher office after the elections - Did I hear a rumour of IG of police in a Yar'Adua goverment?. However at the very least, I see no reason why he won't continue as EFCC chairman.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by chidichris(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2007
wow, we have had in the past many Ribadus but we must understand here that every other past administration had its ribadu. one will be forced to ask here why is it that way? will it be wise to assume here that he has worked very well for the man who employed him and may not be good for someone else.

if all these administration have genuine intentions, these self-acclaimed outstanding performances need not to be political appointments.

if yar adua happens to win, he will have his secred cows of which no one will expect ribadu to touch them so add obj's untouchables to yar adua's untouchables u will see confussion.

so yar adua will search for his own ribadu who will play according to the orders of his employer.
it shows how political the leaders are and nothing good can come out of such situations unless the nigerian constitution makes room for an independent Ribadu and not obj or yar adua's ribadu it will be very difficult to get the best out of the so called ribadu.

how come Orji Uzo was allowed to context? how come Andy uba is still contexting? how come nothing happened to Tony Annenih? how come bode george is still a free man? how come ribadu did not wait to arrest all the governors he had mentioned earlier on?how come corruption is still very high in aso rock? how come most of the convicted criminals are 419(individual criminals) while public criminals eating and dinning with obj have put the country in such a terrible mess now that we have the so called best Ribadu of our time?

will history put the likes of Chris Uba, Andy Uba, Adedibu, Tony annenih, Bode George, Adenuga, Atiku, etc on the same news line with Ribadu as the architects of the success or failures of this present administration. the truth here is; A TRUE AND REALISTIC RIBADU COULD HAVE NOT EXIST ALONGSIDE THESE CONFIRMED CRIMINALS.

a ribadu that allowed the above untouchables to do whatever they wanted and get away with it is less than a high way criminal to me. if i have my ways, ribadu mus continue this good works untill he changes his orientations and possibly confess to the nation of his been used to paralyse the activities of the oposition.

how come nigerians are blind to the truth the even atiku was advised to drop his presidential ambition and be forgiven which odili did and had his peace.

we all saw Uchechukwu Mereije during IBB days, we saw the bamiyis and the mustaphas of of Abacha time and presently the ribadus of obj so the story will continue and the prayer should be, let yar adua not use either Chris uba or adedibu in the next dispensation.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by 9ja4eva: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2007
Big B1:

Mr Ribadu has done well by starting something incredible. It is a shame that the end wasn't that pleasant, but in general Ribadu has been nothing but a blessing to our great nation.

There is end to every beautiful thing, I think it's time for Nigeria as a nation to move forward. The foundation is visible, someone else should be allowed to carry on the process.
It will be better and sensible for a new Nigeria to move forward with out Mr Ribadu.
I'm pretty sure that another incredible unique and credible individual will be discovered to build on the foundation Mr Ribadu has implemented.

It's the new beginning, new people, new strategy, new mission and new country.

Yeah i agree.If he had continued with d way he started people will probably have been gunning for him to stay but he messed up everything at the tail end.Well if he is to be called back i think he would be changed for the better cos he wldnt be under Obasanjo again but i still believe its best leaving him out of the incoming government so we start on a new platform with new people.Nigeria has more credible men who if given the chance will make the Country proud too.Its sad though Ribadu didnt leave with his head high.Wish him the best in the future anyway. tongue cool
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by McKren(m): 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Those dreaming of the end of Ribadu, sorry the man has been elevated to AIG.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by azorjiu(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2007
I wonder how his performance will be in the next dispensation. He is the next inspector general of police (IGP).
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by 9ja4eva: 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2007
Yeah good for him
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2007
Ribadu being promoted to AIG:

Well, it is what it is.

I'm happy for him and I wish him the best; hopefully he will be a MAN this time around.

However, I still do not think this is the right move; to me, it is more or less embracing failure, which happens to me Nigerian way of life.
There is no second place in developed countries, it is either you perform or you keep trucking. And this is one of the major reasons why we call these countries developed countries.
We are very far from this group because of our mentality.

We have a long way to go.

I believe releasing Ribadu would have sent a positive message to his successor that there is no place for silly mistakes and perfection is our best friend in Nigeria. It would have also sent a message that this position is to serve our nation not the president.

By moving him to the AIG position is an indication to all that it is OK to fail the country, a totally wrong message from the top to the bottom. Another way to say "there is no challenge holding top government position in Nigeria".

Regardless of what happens from now on, the stain remains (he will always be remembered as OBJ's dirty tool or toy or boy scout or what ever you wish to call in).

I still admire the man and once again, I wish him the best.

I also think he will do a better job than the clown that is currently holding the position.

May God bless sweet Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2007
He will not be the next inspector general of police. the next IG will be coming from the south
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2007
Whatever it may be!
The man needed to be sent home.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2007
There will be allot of angry police officers over this promotion. he was just promoted to commissioner by the

IG less than 5 months ago, and now his superior officers who are still commissioner will be seeking his

downfall. Will the next president recognize RIBADU? remember RIBADU is from the same tribe as ATIKU and

all the politicians and senators loyal to ATIKU will have a bone to pick with RIBADU grin grin shocked
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2007
Sometimes you make a move to send message or to empower our state of mind or mentality.

I do not think this is a right message.

By having Ribadu in the picture again means the same old story, the same old game, the same old dirty business, the same old failure, and finally it means OBJ is still in the picture.

We all should be craving for new Nigeria, new strategy, new people and new image.

I hope we will get it right one day; may be in 20 years, when I'm fully ready.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2007
well THINK ABOUT IT Mr big IF WE LET ribadu GO THAT MEANS ALL OLD DIRTY CORRUPT POLITICIANS

INCLUDING YOUR DAD ibb WILL NOT BE PROSECUTED AFTER THIS ELECTION, OR AFTER THEIR IMMUNITY

CLAUSE. I think we need some continuity but promoting him is not the answer in my opinion
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2007
You see, here we go again.

Instead of focusing on the subject, we are starting to call names. Absolutely no need for that.

You should go back and read your post and you will realize that we are saying the same thing. Yes, we must continue (war against corruption) with a better strategy in place and this can be done effectively and efficiently without getting the old failure (Ribadu/ OBJ) involve.

Don't you have confidence that we have millions of other credible people in Nigeria that could build on the foundation Mr. Ribadu has done a great job implementing?
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2007
I disagree with you, most of this people have already sold their soul to the dirty politicians with big pockets.

why do you think the IG is redeploying some top police commissioners? simply because they can not curb

crime and political thuggery in their various jurisdictions, some of this top guys are as dirty as the politicians

they protect. Some people will capitalize on this election and get rich while some people will suffer. We

need continuity and a strong force like RIbadu to continue the crusade against corruption. you don't change

clothes in the middle of the night to go take a shower. grin grin

I think the whole organization should be recognized for outstanding performance not just RIBADU.

I am sure their are Clark's and messenger in that department that are just as dedicated as RIBADU.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2007
What is your point?

Are you saying we do not anyone in Nigeria that can be dedicated and do a great job much better than Ribadu?

My man, you've got to be kidding me; I think you've been away for too long. Definitely, we have many others, but we will never discover them if we continue to embrace failure by not releasing Ribadu for not performing accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, Ribadu is a fine man and he has done a fine job, but we can also use this opportunity to send message out there that perfection is our best friend.

You must note that his position requires mistakes free operation and this is very far from what he has done during his time.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2007
so since you know please give us couple names that can be as credible and dedicated as RIBADU?

Regardless how you see MR RIBADU, HE IS A GOOD COP and an outstanding lawyer. He belong to the old

school, and he is determine to clean Nigeria, I promissed you He you will see a different structure and

prosecution . all the politicians will start running from Next week, watch
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2007
Mr Ribadu's position is very similar to an astronaut's job; there is absolutely no room for silly mistakes.

Things will go a-lot smoothly for us as soon as we (Nigerians) start to take our Federal Government positions serious and embrace them as an astronaut's.

Do you get it?
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by Mamajama(m): 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
PRIME EXAMPLE BIGBi

This is a statement from a well reknowned retired commisioner of police Alhaji Abubakar Tsav

You cannot expect Ehindero to be in the office as IG and return to the field to curb crime. The state commissioners of police, the DPOs, the area commanders are the people to be blamed not the IGP, because he sits in his office and gives out his policies, it is then the responsibility of the state commissioners, DPOs, area commanders to implement his polices. Where for instance the IGP in Abuja gives instruction to commissioner of police in Benue State to do something about the recent political killing in Buruku, Benue state and the commissioner fails as a result of which violence escalates, would you fault Ehindero? I think the IG has been doing his best.

its off topic but in other words some of this people we look at are just as corrupt so let RIBADU stay and continue with his crusade, at least he will have a new boss to report to
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2007
The question is what is next after arresting all these politicians?

Have you thought of what will happen next?

What will happen to the nation?

What will happen to the citizens?

Have you been following Atiku's case? How long and how much money spent and wasted so far?

My man, it is a rat race; the system is corrupt and the culture is dirty. Nothing as usual will come out of arresting all these people.

Wake up, too many are corrupt; even the judges/ SAN are all dirty.

We do not have Jesus or God in Nigeria to judge anybody.

It will be waste of money and time.

I say implement a better strategy to prevent corruption.

Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Ribadu’s Tenure Expires On Sunday by BigB11(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Please, do not let us talk about  this clown "Ehindero"

Don't let us go there!

The man has absolutely no strategy in place to stop thugs in Enugu or Ibadan and when you turn around he's over there lunching new uniform.

Is this what we need at this point? And by the way, how much money did he make with this new uniform deal?

Please, let us stay focused and forget this clown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Could This Northern Thief Be? / What's The Purpose Of A Committee? / Buhari Marginalised Yoruba - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.