Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls (28931 Views)

Igbo Guys Need To Step Up. Yoruba Guys Are Winning (photos) / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why / Who is More Romantic; Hausa Guy, Yoruba Guys And Igbo Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by marvinsync(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2018
viscerion:

ure also wrong ikwerre dont all bear igbo like names, we have namrs like ovunda, weli, epirikom, nzeremunda, wenigho, e.t.c n since isoko is seperate identity from urhobo, we have seperate identity from igbo

Again, i doubt uve stayed with ikwerre people, our culture is not solely igbo, food, dance, sound, dressing is more like riverine tribes, lifestyle n aspects of our culture is influenced by dese riverine tribes(der r too many 4 me to name). All this long talk, this is a simple logic, efik is not ibibio, isoko is not urhobo, ikwerre, ukwuani, ika are not igbo (fullstop)

lol so ur a little different
what do you think Igbo is?

Igbo isn't a single tribe , there are some names that can only be found in certain tribes in the SE but that doesn't mean they aren't igbo

and like u just said u were "influenced" by ur neighbours
and it's understandable , that's how dialects are formed

when Igbo people migrate to another land , they become influenced by their surroundings and have different names for certain things and would have developed a different way of life ,u can't expect an Igbo from a landlocked area to have exactly the same culture with an igbo in an riverine area , even the food can't be the same.

that is why people say Igbo can best be described as a nation ( not just a tribe) which consists of various ethnic groups with a vast variety of dialects . I've even heard a lot of people say that ikwerre are even more Igbo like than abakaliki people , that is there are a lot of words in abakaliki that a lot of Igbo people don't understand but there is not doubt that they are Igbos

now uve never even once answered any of my questions , u keep mentioning , isoko , Efik , urhobo , all these are analogical fallacies

WHY AREN'T U IGBO?!

don't mention anything other tribe or any other comparison and say it straight forward and give reasons

WHY AREN'T U IGBO?!!
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by viscerion: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
ariesbull:

Oga Ovunda is Obinna and Al these names are the same with Igbo weli is nweli

But once again Ikwerre isn't igbo. We don't even see how important they are in Ibo scheme because they have nothing to offer and also please who told you that Ukwuani isn't Igbo ...my mum is from Ukwuani and she see herself as igbo

So speak for yourself and your ogogoro drinking cult infested ikwerre

Please tell me one just one Intellectual of international repute from ikwerre

Oh our oyel ! Can you tell me one Ikwerre man that has an oil drilling firm not even oil well or oil marketing like capital oil ...I mean drilling firm !

Ikwerre are like butterfly thinking they Re bird

Very backward folks that's why Igbo call it Ikwere ihuruho....you know the meaning of ihuruho

ovunda is obinna? ok then wenigho is wunmi, u r looking for how to argue, i ve told u ikwerre n ukwani r nt igbo, but its a free world n ure free to deceive ursef wit whatever u want to believe

ikwerre may not ve one major billionaire like igbo, but collectively we've created port harcourt a mega city Igbos ve been unable to surpass or even replicate, while igbo ve some billionaires, most live in poverty in SE, or do u want to compare any SE state to Rivers state?

1 Like

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by viscerion: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
marvinsync:

lol so ur a little different
what do you think Igbo is?

Igbo isn't a single tribe , there are some names that can only be found in certain tribes in the SE but that doesn't mean they aren't igbo

and like u just said u were "influenced" by ur neighbours
and it's understandable , that's how dialects are formed

when Igbo people migrate to another land , they become influenced by their surroundings and have different names for certain things and would have developed a different way of life ,u can't expect an Igbo from a landlocked area to have exactly the same culture with an igbo in an riverine area , even the food can't be the same.

that is why people say Igbo can best be described as a nation ( not just a tribe) which consists of various ethnic groups with a vast variety of dialects . I've even heard a lot of people say that ikwerre are even more Igbo like than abakaliki people , that is there are a lot of words in abakaliki that a lot of Igbo people don't understand but there is not doubt that they are Igbos

now uve never even once answered any of my questions , u keep mentioning , isoko , Efik , urhobo , all these are analogical fallacies

WHY AREN'T U IGBO?!

don't mention anything other tribe or any other comparison and say it straight forward and give reasons

WHY AREN'T U IGBO?!!

wat makes u think its Igbo culture ikwerre had first? cud d few igbo cultures of today not be by influence?

isoko r nt urhobo, cuz urhobo cannot prove they, same with oron n efik, so ikwerre r nt igbo, cuz igbos dont ve SOLID proof dat ikwerre came from them, all they say is "since ikwerre do this n speak dat, then they r igbo" n if uve read my former points u'll know dat dat statement is the real analogical fallacy

1 Like

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
viscerion:

ovunda is obinna? ok then wenigho is wunmi, u r looking for how to argue, i ve told u ikwerre n ukwani r nt igbo, but its a free world n ure free to deceive ursef wit whatever u want to believe

ikwerre may not ve one major billionaire like igbo, but collectively we've created port harcourt a mega city Igbos ve been unable to surpass or even replicate, while igbo ve some billionaires, most live in poverty in SE, or do u want to compare any SE state to Rivers state?

As if ikwerre , I don't give a damn about them because they Feel bunch of useless touts there and we don't even like associating Igbo with ikwerre but Ukwuani ...I really want to know who made you their spokesman or maybe tell me where a king in Ukwuani said they aren't Igbo

All these ikwerre folks ...well who takes you serious
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by marvinsync(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
viscerion:

wat makes u think its Igbo culture ikwerre had first? cud d few igbo cultures of today not be by influence?

isoko r nt urhobo, cuz urhobo cannot prove they, same with oron n efik, so ikwerre r nt igbo, cuz igbos dont ve SOLID proof dat ikwerre came from them, all they say is "since ikwerre do this n speak dat, then they r igbo" n if uve read my former points u'll know dat dat statement is the real analogical fallacy

lord have mercy why can't u just answer na ,it's not fair

anyways I'll answer ur questions
how do we know ikwerre came from us , well simple cause there is no prove otherwise

the way ikwerre people are now can not just be by mere influence , if there was a tribe before then it must have been very very little and hugely out populated and then swallowed up completely meaning they were fused together and formed what u have today , so even if there are people with different origins it simply means they are the people that were culturally beaten and that they are the minority within the ikwerre

u say u want "SOLID" proof ur Igbo
,ur ethnicity is proof enough
and before u go on a comparison spree

like I've said before u can only have one major identity an isoko can not be urhobo because he is isoko irrespective of what he speaks or bears he already has a major ,original ,indisputable identity that's why ur comparisons are fallacies ur contradicting urself e.g if an isoko man ( u just said who he is ) speaks urhobo does that make him urhobo ( of course not uve already just stated that he is isoko)

when an ikwerre speaks and bears Igbo names then and says he's not igbo it's always begs the question if ur not Igbo then what are u?

listen u need to understand it's all politics , I've read several stories on the ikwerre , ive heard the complaints they had with being classified as Igbo , one story even said that the ikwerre don't wanna be Igbo because of the overbearing nature the arochukwu had over them , I've heard how during the colonial times ( when there was no ss and se everything was just called eastern) an Enugu man was put over them .

even Amadi a popular ikwerre scholar said that he and he believes most ikwerre people don't really have issues with the Igbo tag , that the reason he denies being Igbo is because of the arochukwu and the political effect of being called Igbo and this amplified after the civil war

so I understand u guys wanna maintain ur political difference and identity ,I really do and we could see behind all this

the issue I have is the igbophobia , some people carry this thing on their heads like die . when u call them Igbo it's like they wanna kill u , some even go as far as to insult the mainland Igbos ,like what the hell?

the other day an ukwani lady on this forum said that she know for real that the ukwani can be called a sub-ethnic group of Igbo , but she is not Igbo why? well that's what they say in their family and that if her dad hear u call him Igbo he can fight u (igbophobia) , that shes what she says she is no matter what the truth might be

So the truth is there is no reason why the ikwerre can't be called Igbos
I've asked u several times with no answer ,u know In ur heart there's no real reason

1 Like

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by GloryGloryRufus(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Boost your sex drive, sexual enhancement, vitality and stamina, make your wife happy in this Yuletide season, be the boss, Get Macca, No more 2minutes ejaculation, no more weakness, no side effect because is just natural supplement to balance diet. Imported from USA , puritan's pride. Thank me later. To order: please call or WhatsApp 07062550588, 07037139155

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
marvinsync:

lord have mercy why can't u just answer na ,it's not fair

anyways I'll answer ur questions
how do we know ikwerre came from us , well simple cause there is no prove otherwise

the way ikwerre people are now can not just be by mere influence , if there was a tribe before then it must have been very very little and hugely out populated and then swallowed up completely meaning they were fused together and formed what u have today , so even if there are people with different origins it simply means they are the people that were culturally beaten and that they are the minority within the ikwerre

u say u want "SOLID" proof ur Igbo
,ur ethnicity is proof enough
and before u go on a comparison spree

like I've said before u can only have one major identity an isoko can not be urhobo because he is isoko irrespective of what he speaks or bears he already has a major ,original ,indisputable identity that's why ur comparisons are fallacies ur contradicting urself e.g if an isoko man ( u just said who he is ) speaks urhobo does that make him urhobo ( of course not uve already just stated that he is isoko)

when an ikwerre speaks and bears Igbo names then and says he's not igbo it's always begs the question if ur not Igbo then what are u?

listen u need to understand it's all politics , I've read several stories on the ikwerre , ive heard the complaints they had with being classified as Igbo , one story even said that the ikwerre don't wanna be Igbo because of the overbearing nature the arochukwu had over them , I've heard how during the colonial times ( when there was no ss and se everything was just called eastern) an Enugu man was put over them .

even Amadi a popular ikwerre scholar said that he and he believes most ikwerre people don't really have issues with the Igbo tag , that the reason he denies being Igbo is because of the arochukwu and the political effect of being called Igbo and this amplified after the civil war

so I understand u guys wanna maintain ur political difference and identity ,I really do and we could see behind all this

the issue I have is the igbophobia , some people carry this thing on their heads like die . when u call them Igbo it's like they wanna kill u , some even go as far as to insult the mainland Igbos ,like what the hell?

the other day an ukwani lady on this forum said that she know for real that the ukwani can be called a sub-ethnic group of Igbo , but she is not Igbo why? well that's what they say in their family and that if her dad hear u call him Igbo he can fight u (igbophobia) , that shes what she says she is no matter what the truth might be

So the truth is there is no reason why the ikwerre can't be called Igbos
I've asked u several times with no answer ,u know In ur heart there's no real reason

Ikwerre isn't igbo and we Igbo hate them bearing our names
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by marvinsync(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
ariesbull:

Ikwerre isn't igbo and we Igbo hate them bearing our names

guy don't be like that na

I know it's annoying but when ur brother falls u don't spit on him u kick him back up

what's going on with the ikwerre is an identity issue that will be solved
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
marvinsync:

guy don't be like that na

I know it's annoying but when ur brother falls u don't spit on him u kick him back up

what's going on with the ikwerre is an identity issue that will be solved

They don't want to be kicked back ...leave them.thag is why we call them Ikwere ihuruho
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by marvinsync(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
ariesbull:

They don't want to be kicked back ...leave them.thag is why we call them Ikwere ihuruho

but u don't insult people that don't agree with u

insulting would just make the situation worse

when I heard ikwerre and some Igbo speak tribes say they are not Igbo I ignored it

but what made me angry was the igbophobia
there's was even one guy on nairaland that went as far as to say that him and his people called Igbo slaves ( like what?) some people even say they'll fight anyone that calls them Igbo

and I'm like why the hate ?

that's why now I'll make sure I'll beat (verbally)anyone in Igbo denial into submission

and I believe as time goes on when Igbo goes for Igbo presidency and when Nigeria truly improves all these hate and denial will stop

1 Like

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by viscerion: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
whatever floats u guyz boat, ur free to believe, i dont know which answer ur looking for again, so if isoko man is nt urhobo bcus isoko is his identity, y cant ikwerre b diff from igbo cuz ikwerre is our identity, im tired of all dis ur mumu logic o

we dont ve any identity crisis, we r wat we r, NOT IGBO, i just said hw I admire Igbos(except for bushpigs like you two) so y wud i b angry to b igbo?

ikwerre r on the ground, n igbos want to kick us up, the pepo on the ground have Port harcourt, wat do d kickers ve?

im tired of u guyz sef, all uve done throughout dis thread is insult, dodge question, use grammar to complicate a simple statement, or continue to bring back old points ive answered b4. all tatics of a lawyer who knows his client was d one who did wrong in a case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Not All Women Want Your Money… / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke / Five B's Men Admire In A Lady!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.