Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos (13251 Views)

Ann: Nigerian Man Scammed My Heart, My Soul, My Money - American Woman / Nigerian Lady Calls Out A Man Who Allegedly Scammed Her / Lady Celebrates After Tracking Down Man Who Scammed Her Friend. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 15, 2018
A Nigerian journalist, Ayomide Owonibi Odekanyin, who was scammed by a fake disabled man in Lagos took to Facebook to recount what happened.

https://lailasnews.com/journalist-narrates-how-fake-disabled-man-scammed-her-in-lagos/

Lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by ipobarethieves: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2018
wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2018
So as you have handwork. You don't want another person to have too?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by emeijeh(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2018
This is Nigeria

But what is the guy above my post saying?!

[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by delugajackson: 8:54am On Sep 15, 2018
Too many fake people on the streets asking for help these days. That was how one almost scammed me some weeks back, but he never knew I was smart.

Scammer: I was robbed at the motor park this morning of my life savings which I was taking to my village to bury my dead father. Please whatever financial help you can render will be appreciated.
Me: Are you not the same fellow I saw last week who lost his life savings with which he was going to bury his dead mother?
Scammer: Oh-oh!.. Not me, sir! That was my twin brother! Thanks to sympathetic Nigerians, he has since buried his mother.
Me: How sad!.. Your twin brother lost his mother last week and you lost your own father this week? Sympathetic Nigerians are not hard to find! Good luck!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by PrincessB1(f): 9:15am On Sep 15, 2018
Nawa o
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2018
Welcome to Lagos! grin

These thieves prey on human compassion, making it difficult to sort out the real from the false.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Kira290(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
if he had money
He won't be on the streets trying to play a smart one on you..

I personally help some of these people so don't see anything wrong in it

At least them no carry gun grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Iruobean(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2018
cool
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Cyriloha(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
Everybody is a criminal lol
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2018
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by id4sho(m): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA............
if you know, you know.

Last week. Naso one fresh Boy(corporate beggar) , standing close to head of civil office @ federal secretariat Abuja talked to me and I ignored, one mumu thing called conscience touched me( though I was in high spirits, Appointment letter things) . I called him and I gave him the money he requested for . I proceeded to fed ministry of health and used the staircase to the 8th floor and back to ground floor (sweating like Christmas fired goat). Muscle pull caught up with me on reaching out side, naso i stand like mumu. I still saw that guy still begging close to the cafeteria ,when our eyes met. He hurriedly left

On two occasions I helped, not knowing I was short of transportation fare. I ended up begging, my MUMU don do.

In another News #BACKTODAURA

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Aplaudez(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
That is the definition of hard work!
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by hahn(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
That mall at Ikeja is the HQ of beggars of every fashion

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by okomile(f): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
I don't bother to even reply greetings
grin grin

Oju aja n se eje grin

8 Likes

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
This journalist's name is familiar tongue.

You've done your own for God, you don't need to be bothered, besides, if he is having money, he won't be on the street begging.

It's not easy to begging for money on the street fah!

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Nickymezor(f): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
Hmmmm, really a terrible one. This fellows no dey slack ooo. One cant differentiate the genuine ones anymore.
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by id4sho(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
Nickymezor:
Hmmmm, really a terrible one. This fellows no dey slack ooo. One cant differentiate the genuine ones anymore.
if you see the fresh boy that begged me.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Keywordconcept(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ashok! shocked You mean hardworking people should be helping others who are lazy to work? angry

Kira290:
if he had money

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
We are too religious thats why we are scammed. The lady felt bad because she thought of what the bible said with respect to giving and be blessed ...unfortunately her faith failed her cause in her heart she became bitter immediately she saw what the money was being put to use. Same way our pastors collect our tithes and used them to flex to our bitterness tongue

FlirtyKaren:
A Nigerian journalist, Ayomide Owonibi Odekanyin, who was scammed by a fake disabled man in Lagos took to Facebook to recount what happened.

https://lailasnews.com/journalist-narrates-how-fake-disabled-man-scammed-her-in-lagos/

Lalasticlala
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by KingLennon(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
She scams guys too so no big deal...

4 Likes

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by mytime24(f): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
Story angry
U'r wit only #1500 nd continue shopping until u got tired angry
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Ishilove: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
delugajackson:
Too many fake people on the streets asking for help these days. That was how one almost scammed me some weeks back, but he never knew I was smart.

Scammer: I was robbed at the motor park this morning of my life savings which I was taking to my village to bury my dead father. Please whatever financial help you can render will be appreciated.
Me: Are you not the same fellow I saw last week who lost his life savings with which he was going to bury his dead mother?
Scammer: Oh-oh!.. Not me, sir! That was my twin brother! Thanks to sympathetic Nigerians, he has since buried his mother.
Me: How sad!.. Your twin brother lost his mother last week and you lost your own father this week? Sympathetic Nigerians are not hard to find! Good luck!
Very dry
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Diso60090(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Very dry

You mean dry beans
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by JacksonOyibo: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
smiley
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by saintol(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
Hahahaha... Nowadays, you can't really tell whom to give money and whom not to give. Imagine, someone claiming to have cancer of the breast. She even designed her breast to look like a cancerous one.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Artzdanielsz(m): 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Kira290:
if he had money

hahahahhaha bros you are funny. You dont know how lucrative begging is. They can make more than 150k a month. A man at aba use begging to build house and rent it out he is still begging.
Re: Journalist Reveals How A Fake Disabled Man Scammed Her In Lagos by Cannonleo(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
That was how one forming deaf and dumb, came in aggressively in my work place and in tbe process of trying to eject him, 300k worth of goods went missing, he used the confusion to perpetrate the act

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Abduct 95-Year-Old Priest In Benin / Kidnappers Snatch Two Siblings From Their Home In Ogun, Demand ₦15m Ransom / 13 Cart Pushers Jailed In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.