Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Movie 'acrimony - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Movie 'acrimony (4087 Views)

Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From / After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... / What Did You Learn From Acrimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Movie 'acrimony by goodlifeben: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
If by now you've not watched the movie 'Acrimony', you're probably not a movie person or an extremely busy person.
Tyler Perry did a great job by sharing so many valuable lessons on relationship in it. And if you watched it intelligently you'll pick a couple of them.
As always, I like to base my judgement on the relationship even before marriage because most times marriage is an amplified version of a relationship. The quality of a relationship will to a large extent determine the quality of marriage.
So here's mine:
1. You don't start a relationship alone
You will eventually take the final decision of whether or not to go ahead with a relationship but don't rush. Listen to people, especially those closest to you because they would see what you can't see when you are blinded by emotions. Emotions are funny so we can't afford to always trust it. There is a difference between fighting for a man you love and fighting for one you have feelings for. Melinda's sisters were strongly against her relationship with Robert but she never listened.
A good reason to have wise people in your circle.
2. Never ignore red flags
Robert cheated on Melinda with another lady. He kept sucking the babe's money stylishly (sweet ATM). He took advantage of her vulnerability. He was a liar. There were many signs on the wall but Melinda ignored them.
3. Uncontrolled anger will cost you
When you notice that you have any character flaw, immediately work on it before it costs you something. In Melinda's case, it cost her her uterus and the dream life she patiently waited for 18years to have.
4. You get to pay for your sins one way or the other
Robert took advantage of Melinda's vulnerability for many years, spent all her money, cheated, refused to work till her patience ran out (because she's human). In the end, he had wealth without peace.
5. Sex can cover your eyes
Every level of intimacy you choose to practice in your relationship comes with a price. The moment sex comes into the picture, be rest assured that your judgement and approach to things will be corrupted by emotions. Melinda's behavior after having sex with Robert was very predictable. She could no longer SEE.
What did you learn from Acrimony?
Share.

FOR MORE RELATIONSHIP TIPS
ALWAYS VISIT
http://www.storyaim.com

4 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by profhenrii(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
follow ur heart and not people's perception. Mlinda allowed her sisters interfere in her relationship. And she regretted her actions.

1 Like

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
What didn't make sense to me in the movie was; Why did the husband give all the things he promised his ex-wife to his new wife? They didn't share the same dream, hell, I'm not even sure his new wife asked for it and if the man truly loved his ex wife like he claimed, he would have felt guilty doing all that he promised her for this new women he was about to marry, he could have done something different. A part of me think's it's the husbands way of making the ex-wife (which he claims to love dearly) jealous, otherwise it's just poor writing.

9 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by ghostwritter(m): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
Robert has no fault here, let me explain.
He begged her not to let go, he knelt in front of her in the presence of her relatives that never loved him and she did what pleases her, So what do you expect. Robert even paid her 10 times what she deserved as compensation and bought back her mother's house for her but all she wanted was the love of a man she refused at his point of success. Don't forget the 'Not so good sex' she had with another man. You should also know that If not for the new wife, Robert wouldn't have been successful as he was (The new wife brought him good luck while the old wife was his bad luck). I love that movie soooo much but never take it toooo personal like my girlfriend who got mad at me for supporting Robert at the end of the movie...Guys be wise.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Drinklimcaa(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
Admin401:
What didn't make sense to me in the movie was; Why did the husband give all the things he promised his ex-wife to his new wife? They didn't share the same dream, hell, I'm not even sure his new wife asked for it and if the man truly loved his ex wife like he claimed, he would have felt guilty doing all that he promised her for this new women he was about to marry, he could have done something different. A part of me think's it's the husbands way of making the ex-wife (which he claims to love dearly) jealous, otherwise it's just poor writing.
He was not trying to make his ex jealous..
Remember that he gave her 10 million dollar and re purchased her mother's house for her..
According to the judge in court,, he had done more than enough for his ex wife, even though he had to reason what so ever to offer his ex wife a dime..
Every man, myself included, has his own way of expressing love to the woman they love,,, regardless of whether i break up with a Lady or not,, if it's my dream to buy a Private jet for my wife,, it is what i will do, regardless of the woman I will eventually get married to..
And do not forget the fact that he is where he is because of his new wife..

So she deserve all that she got..

4 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
Drinklimcaa:

Every man, myself included, has his own way of expressing love to the woman they love,,,
Out of respect for what they once had, he could have expressed love for his new wife in a different way is all I'm saying. This is where I don't agree with the man. Considering the sacrifice she made for him over the years, I don't think I could do something like that to a women that stayed with me for 18 years even when I didn't have a single job. it's should be enough for him to respect her even if they are not together.

3 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by babyfaceafrica: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2018
overrated film....the only thing learnt is what will be will be
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by eph12(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
Admin401:
It was actually Roberts dream for his wife
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
eph12:

It was actually Roberts dream for his wife
What's your point?
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by eph12(m): 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Admin401:
What's your point?
It was his dream and not Melinda's dream. That was his dream for any woman that gets to be his wife

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by anochuko01(m): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
the whole credit goes to the producers, writer and director. they wanted the movie to generate much talk and they succeeded.
that's all I learnt.

2 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Connoisseur(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2018
Acrimony is a masterpiece. It should be renamed to 'such is life'. For every opinion you have about the outcome, you are probably right.
It just goes to show that life treats you best when it feels like and messes you up when it pleases.
Deal with it.
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by ImaIma1(f): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
Hmmm Acrimony again.
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by goodlifeben: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2018
cool
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by chinchonglee(m): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2018
i was really blaming d guy in d begining of d movie but wen it got 2 end i started seeing too many faults frm d girl's part.....

she really tried by standing on his side wen he needed her most....but y d hell did she give up on d man....her nd her siblings were even mocking him...

during the finalization of d divorce d man continued begging her but hell NO she wouldnt accept so d man signed nd left d court yard(was still mocked by d girl's sister)

few months later BOOOM!!! baba blew nd bcam a multi-millionaire. He went straight to her place of work nd gave her $10m plus her mama's house keys... Her next action was to start acting like a gold digger but it was too late ( d rejected stone has really become d cornerstone)...

d guy did well by rejecting her wen he made moni because there was no longer love frm d girls side(jst gold digging) plus baba nw has a fresher nd a prettier bride to be...

all dose saying d man was a liar, pls can u point out anoda scene where he lied aside frm d cheating incident(which even happened wen dey were still very young nd d love wasnt dat strong on d man' part)

2 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by myself13: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
overrated film....the only thing learnt is what will be will be
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Zeeche(f): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
chinchonglee:
i was really blaming d guy in d begining of d movie but wen it got 2 end i started seeing too many faults frm d girl's part.....

she really tried by standing on his side wen he needed her most....but y d hell did she give up on d man....her nd her siblings were even mocking him...

during the finalization of d divorce d man continued begging her but hell NO she wouldnt accept so d man signed nd left d court yard(was still mocked by d girl's sister)

few months later BOOOM!!! baba blew nd bcam a multi-millionaire. He went straight to her place of work nd gave her $10m plus her mama's house keys... Her next action was to start acting like a gold digger but it was too late ( d rejected stone has really become d cornerstone)...

d guy did well by rejecting her wen he made moni because there was no longer love frm d girls side(jst gold digging) plus baba nw has a fresher nd a prettier bride to be...

all dose saying d man was a liar, pls can u point out anoda scene where he lied aside frm d cheating incident(which even happened wen dey were still very young nd d love wasnt dat strong on d man' part)

She gave up because she is a human. Robert would have done his part by refusing the divorce. Why didn't he stand by her when she gave up on him just like she did for him? He was too quick to move into another relationship. Not that I applaud her reactions, but Robert never fought for her, like she did fight for him.

4 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by chinchonglee(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Zeeche:

She gave up because she is a human. Robert would have done his part by refusing the divorce. Why didn't he stand by her when she gave up on him just like she did for him? He was too quick to move into another relationship. Not that I applaud her reactions, but Robert never fought for her, like she did fight for him.
did i jst say REFUSE THE DIVORCE hw will u stay wit someone who doesnt want u anymore...mehn!!! its very wrong!

remember he begged her twice( at home nd before signing d divorce paper)

1 Like

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by goodlifeben: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
Yea
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Cuteliar(f): 12:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Admin401:
That is also the issue I have with the movie, knowing how she was, it would have cost nothing to get a different apartment, name the yacht something else and a whole lot more...
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by SilentBang(m): 1:02am On Sep 19, 2018
Connoisseur:
Acrimony is a masterpiece. It should be renamed to 'such is life'. For every opinion you have about the outcome, you are probably right.
It just goes to show that life treats you best when it feels like and messes you up when it pleases.
Deal with it.

When you talk of Masterpiece You think of movies like "Sound of Music", Titanic and the likes... not Acrimony.

A very cool movie no doubt, but a masterpiece?? No bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Stellamariss(f): 1:58am On Sep 19, 2018
don't know y me no like the movie..so boring to me
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by goodlifeben: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2018
Stellamariss:
don't know y me no like the movie..so boring to me

lol
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Connoisseur(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2018
SilentBang:

When you talk of Masterpiece You think of movies like "Sound of Music", Titanic and the likes... not Acrimony.

A very cool movie no doubt, but a masterpiece?? No bro.

To each his own.
One man's masterpiece can be another's cool

4 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
Cuteliar:

That is also the issue I have with the movie, knowing how she was, it would have cost nothing to get a different apartment, name the yacht something else and a whole lot more...
Exactly.
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by LadySarah: 11:35am On Sep 20, 2018
Just watched it last Nite and yes I support Melinda.She's human and her patience had worn out.There isnt any compensation that would suffice except having her man back.

And must Robert marry his benefactor?My uncle is in an unhappy marriage because of it.

2 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by babyfaceafrica: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
LadySarah:
Just watched it last Nite and yes I support Melinda.She's human and her patience had worn out.There isnt any compensation that would suffice except having her man back.

And must Robert marry his benefactor?My uncle is in an unhappy marriage because of it.
madam anyone can marry anyone as Long as he or she is single.. be it your benefactor,your boss,your teacher.. e.t.c.....if Melinda is human...then Robert is human too.....

Robert is a jerk...not financially supporting wife for 18/years

.Melinda is not stable...caught your bf cheating....her first reaction was to use her car to hit the house....divorces your husband.. her first reaction was to sleep with another man...she is terrible with decisions

2 Likes

Re: The Movie 'acrimony by goodlifeben: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
madam anyone can marry anyone as Long as he or she is single.. be it your benefactor,your boss,your teacher.. e.t.c.....if Melinda is human...then Robert is human too.....

Robert is a jerk...not financially supporting wife for 18/years

.Melinda is not stable...caught your bf cheating....her first reaction was to use her car to hit the house....divorces your husband.. her first reaction was to sleep with another man...she is terrible with decisions

I agree with you
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Mucokey(m): 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
Can anyone drop off a link for download of this movie : acrimony? Thanks
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
The fault is from the man for being lazy and unwilling to work despite the hardship they were going through. It is also the fault of the woman for not moving on, controlling her anger issues and turning into a melancholic psycho.
Re: The Movie 'acrimony by Moreoffaith(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
Admin401:

I am sure you didn't follow the film right or you didn't view it with an open mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DEBATE: Curvy Boobs Or Curvy Ass, Which Is More Desirable In A Babe? / What's The Most Embarrassing Moment You Can't Forget / Trending Videos In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.