Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? (13160 Views)

Never Date At Your Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / How Depressed Do You Feel In Your Current Place Of Work? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Viking007(m): 7:59am On Sep 17, 2018
nelronaldo:
I am literally crying...
The pressure, its funny how lots of people don't see this. All they see is, yes, he's working, he has money. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Joemetry(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2018
On a scale of 1 to 10 my depression is 11.
Any new job with a pay rise of 1 kobo from my initial pay would be better...

GOD HELP MY COUNTRY.
angry

7 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2018
Printerscanner:
I do not want to say one thing now and my oga at the top will later say another thing. I don't know how many people know my Nairaland id in my work place. One thing I am sure is that about 85% of workers in Nigeria don't like their jobs but cannot leave because there is unemployment in the country.

That's weird, how can you be sure of what you don't know? grin
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Lubebay: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2018
showafrica:

Do you have XXXL ordinary boxers? I don't like that banana stuff, it always hold my JT tight. I want something extra extra extra free on me. If possible elastic for a fatty bumbum like Rick Ross.
Yes, We do.
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2018
nelronaldo:
I am literally crying...

Hi, I think if you have a job that pays, you should be grateful but if it makes you miserable, why not quit?

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by showafrica(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2018
Lubebay:

Yes, We do.

Do you have whatsapp number... I need to give you my correct measurements. I want to buy buck.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Lionbite(m): 8:05am On Sep 17, 2018
If you are depressed about your job read Ecclesiastes 2:24 for the way out
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 17, 2018
numen:

This is the reason I recently resigned my job as a Banker. Unnecessarily mad pressure with no job satisfaction!

Now am free! Today is monday and am cuddling my baby girl without a fork to give grin

I wana be like you. All i need is a reasonable sum in the account that can last me at least 2years and i will kick their job in the trash can

2 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by numen(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2018
MissOpe:

But for how long will you get to cuddle.....

For as long as needed dear. This is one of the things the job denied me. I have been delivered! grin

NB: People should develop some skill set asap and have some ideas on how to generate cash penned down. Determine your income and be your own boss. It's NEVER gonna be easy, but it's rewarding psychologically, emotionally, physically and financially. cool

8 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by NNMUU(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2018
I honestly thought i’m The only one who feels this way.
I was really excited when I got the job offer even knowing fully well that this will be out of my field. I saw the position as being challenging and with the way the job description was tailored I felt there will be development as time goes by.
A couple of months down the line and things seem different and i’m Slowly losing interest in the job. End the day sometimes feeling unfulfilled and it just seems like i’m Wasting my time.
The salary is good as well as the work environment but I lay great emphasis on job satisfaction and career development.
Either way i’m Still grateful

5 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Holluwaphlexy(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

I've been there my brother, you're not wrong at your last line... when you realize it'll go on like forever - you'll crashed down to depression.

Get a skill brother, save as much as you can - quit and start something.

I have a skill boss,my dad is a plumber so I've learned under him for years so I'm kinda good in plumbing work,I'm only trying my hands on something new,still a student though.......
My place of work is lively,free WiFi,made good friends there,there's food for workers,the work itself is something else and hostile colleagues sef plenty

4 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2018
I'm self employed. I don't have any problem at all.

2 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2018
Its never the task of the job itself that generates the avoidable stress, but the organizational aura in the work place - which differs from one organization to another. In most cases, its the people you work with that make or mar your interest on the job. If you happen to be working around "horrible people", there will be no meeting of the minds and this will give you constant worry or stress.

http://freebulksmscredits..com
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Kissgrafix1(m): 8:16am On Sep 17, 2018
Fucking depressed ... I work 13hours 30min .. Told the man yesterday that I was quitting at the end of the month and he was vexing ... The mans very nice tho ... But I got a future �� am going back to being self employed �

5 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2018
Holluwaphlexy:

I have a skill boss,my dad is a plumber so I've learned under him for years so I'm kinda good in plumbing work,I'm only trying my hands on something new,still a student though.......
My place of work is lively,free WiFi,made good friends there,there's food for workers,the work itself is something else and hostile colleagues sef plenty
And God bless your hustle brother

2 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2018
I love my job, luxury to travel all over the world for Tech conferences, also work closely with a team of developers in USA ( can’t mention names here). Although my salary isn’t as big as you would imagine but career growth is fast here and I am a very young Nigerian!!! Btw I am a senior software developer.

But the downside, I work almost every time, can’t remember when last I watched TV or took my girl friend out, sometimes I read or stay up all night due to time difference and addiction to learning more

6 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Holluwaphlexy(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

I've been there my brother, you're not wrong at your last line... when you realize it'll go on like forever - you'll crashed down to depression.

Get a skill brother, save as much as you can - quit and start something.

I've got a skill boss,I learned plumbing work from my dad,I'm only trying my hands on something new......though the work environment is lively,I've made couple of friends there also been a lively person myself grin i have access to the office WiFi (I'm restricted sha) .we are given food during break time,airtime top-up every two days (its a customer care/telesales agent work) the issue itself is the work is the work and some hostile colleagues and it's also a target work .....it affects one psychologically atimes when you tried all you could but yet it looks like you aren't giving it your best cuz your colleagues are getting closer to meeting the target with each passing day ...u know that feeling boss
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Holluwaphlexy(m): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

And God bless your hustle brother

Thanks boss
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by KASZYLIEZ: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2018
Dunno othes feel ds too, thought am d only one. Resigned at my former job because of boss issue, getting to d new one d boss is SUPER WORSE. But seriously, working under someone aint easy, d boss is always sumtin else, colleagues re gud, pay is OK but working trying to satisfy ur boss issa feeling dt cant be described. Well made up my mind already, TINKING OF GOING TO NORTH, HEARD EMPLOYMENT IS DER ND BOSS RE FRIENDLY, Anybody In North Dt Can Help Out Shd Quote Me undecided(SOKOTO, GOMBE, ANY ODA)
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by LadyHeaven(f): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:
My workplace is my bed and my PC is my tool...and my sanity and peace of mind is intact.

Reasons for not longer interested in working under someone:

*Anger issues "I slapped my manager twice, fought my boss once, punch my co-worker in the face for lying against me, pushed my boss wife down a staircase for insulting me in the presence of a client[ police station we ended later"
was once placed at customer care desk, and that lasted for just 2 hours (I really don't wanna talk about what happened, but some customers are pain in the azz.. rude, inpatient, uncultured, egocentric, psychos, frustrated souls etc)

Don't judge me, I'm introvertic in nature, I can endure shít for long but once I've had enough... Hell has no fury like a pissed offpoint.

If you're reading this, get any IT or just any reasonable skill- get a business idea, don't just rely on another man's job cuz your future is not promised and your sanity you may lose.

Don't wanna talk about marketing department of some firm with unrealistic target like I was supposed to force people into buying what they don't need. they'll budget 20 naira for advertisement and expect 5 billion.... nonsense.

In all sincerity I advise you to try and work on your emotions and get help to manage your anger, even if you don't work for someone today or ever you may most probably work with others tomorrow and even as the boss without having your emotions checked you won't really go far or achieve as much as you want. All the best sir/ma'am

3 Likes

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2018
Ezechinwa:
I love my job, luxury to travel all over the world for Tech conferences, also work closely with a team of developers in USA ( can’t mention names here). Although my salary isn’t as big as you would imagine but career growth is fast here and I am a very young Nigerian!!! Btw I am a senior software developer

Bro, connect your boy oh! Still looking for a remote job & it seems Indians have taking over that space. Stackoverflow jobs are no longer reliable.
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by numen(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2018
Pipedreams:

I wana be like you. All i need is a reasonable sum in the account that can last me at least 2years and i will kick their job in the trash can

I came out with way less. Had supporting parents and a working wife. The wait for a large sum before resigning was what kept me in the job for this long.

Just carry God along. All the best!
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Chuksmonika(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2018
Lubebay:

Are you a student, or graduate looking for self-employment, or you are a stay at home Mum, or someone looking for something to engage in? or a worker who needs a part-time business? or you want to make extra income? Then you are the one we are looking for.

Boxers Business is a very profitable business to do, with less than NGN10,000 you can start your own business and within a month you would have made triple profit.

We are offering high quality 100% real cotton boxer minimum of 25 peices.

A boxers in the market sell for 200 and Banana Republic goes between 300-350 depending on your location.

Both products are of high quality and we deliver to you Nationwide
√Banana Republic 25pcs @ NGN350= NGN 8,250
√ Normal boxers 25pcs @ NGN240=NGN6000

Note: The boxers stated above are not the boxers Aboki/Mallam are selling.

For more enquiries: blessing.a.bankole@gmail.com or Call +234-814-658-2471
pls,for the banana republic,is it a must that one will buy 25pcs,what if i need lyk 10pcs,can i get it??
Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by pansophist(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2018
Any job that denies your, autonomy, have a ceiling you cant earn higher than, under threat of being sacked, working alongside people you despise, and being bossed around, to name a few, will always lead to depression.

I read the thread from the beginning, and it is disappointing to see that most people hate working on their jobs. I think society has been scammed on a large scale. The idea that one should get a job and work for someone is the opposite of happiness. Most people will never be happy using that model. To be happy with working is to work for yourself, not under someone.

I have always worked for myself, and even if I may earn less sometimes, my happiness and being in control of my financial destiny are in my hands. I pay myself, and not scared to be sacked. I can choose to work or not, and it is fine. I respect myself so much not to do that, it will make me depressed and my happiness is the most important of all.

Selling the best time of the day (9 am to 5 pm), best days of the week (Monday through Friday), and the best period of my life ( 20's to 50's), with the conditions of my first paragraph, and denying me the chance to be with the People I love and doing the things I want is a bad deal that I find difficult to understand why people put up with it.

I will advise that people should learn a skill, perfect it and see how you can offer it to the world. It will be difficult, but at the end, it's rewarding, and won't destroy your basic sanity. Working for someone for me is slavery.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by Offpoint: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2018
LadyHeaven:

In all sincerity I advise you to try and work on your emotions and get help to manage your anger, even if you don't work for someone today or ever you may most probably work with others tomorrow and even as the boss without having your emotions checked you won't really go far or achieve as much as you want. All the best sir/ma'am
My working relationship with others is A... A lot of people just tried using my quietness against me, they'll just deliberate do stuffs they wouldn't try such with others. I can't help but show them how mad I can be when I had enough.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by bitcoinvin(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:
My workplace is my bed and my PC is my tool...and my sanity and peace of mind is intact.

Reasons for not longer interested in working under someone:

*Anger issues "I slapped my manager twice, fought my boss once, punch my co-worker in the face for lying against me, pushed my boss wife down a staircase for insulting me in the presence of a client[ police station we ended later"
was once placed at customer care desk, and that lasted for just 2 hours (I really don't wanna talk about what happened, but some customers are pain in the azz.. rude, inpatient, uncultured, egocentric, psychos, frustrated souls etc)

Don't judge me, I'm introvertic in nature, I can endure shít for long but once I've had enough... Hell has no fury like a pissed offpoint.

If you're reading this, get any IT or just any reasonable skill- get a business idea, don't just rely on another man's job cuz your future is not promised and your sanity you may lose.

Don't wanna talk about marketing department of some firm with unrealistic target like I was supposed to force people into buying what they don't need. they'll budget 20 naira for advertisement and expect 5 billion.... nonsense.

hahahhahahah::Am into mobile phone hardware and sotlftware Reapire.
Doing what u are passionate about can bring happiness to ur soul

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by babtoundey(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2018
Hmnn... This life is really a complicated course

Some are depressed for doing some worksHere I am, depressed for being jobless.

Who knows, maybe I'm about getting into a new phase of depression because that job I just got isn't something I really want. No, I never for once thought of being in that environment. But do I have choice. To live, Everyman must eat.

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by LadyHeaven(f): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2018
Offpoint:

My working relationship with others is A... A lot of people just tried using my quietness against me, they'll just deliberate do stuffs they wouldn't try such with others. I can't help but show them how mad I can be when I had enough.

Okay if you say so, cheers

1 Like

Re: How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? by adedehinbo(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2018
Pipedreams:
Its monday morning and am motionless. God when will you make me financially free? My work depresses me no rest even on saturday. Banks should take it easy on front office staff abeg. What i hear daily is Target this and that, fee this, profit that. My female boss always shouting and threatening daily cos of mad pressure from above. Chai its a new week God gimme strength. embarassed
and people thinks you doing well with your job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should Your Subordinate's Salary Be Higher Than Yours For Any Reason? / Eric Osagie Resigns As Sun Newspaper MD / Is It Really About Working Hard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.