Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs (36841 Views)

GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) / Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions / What Does It Mean Transaction Not Permitted To Card Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
Janthony:
I had the same issue severally and I was even thinking of moving to Gtb
Got very bad experiences with Gtbank
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by shevon: 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2018
shikshark:
This will be nice if implemented infact the fine is supposed to be 50k, bank can turn u to slave within five minutes telling you to bring this and that and at the end of the day it will still not suffice, ive seen a woman raking out of a bank........UBA, saying" if war is going to start in Nigeria, it will start from the bank" one can imagine the level of frustration shes been subjected to.

Meanwhile, what percentage will be given to the customer because i know some banks that will pay up to ten millon per day on fines because of their quack banking services.
And you would be surprised how stupid some of the excuses they give are. I remember sometime in 2017 when someone sent me 220k and 2hours later, I was yet to get the credit. I walked to GTB only for them to tell me the fund was blocked because my account was yet to get such an inflow in the past; I, out of annoyance, started shouting at the bank asking them to check how much I receive as salary every month and to particularly confirm that the 220k is more than the 3.6m I received a few months before that day, into the same account o. To make matters worse, they insisted that I get the person that transferred the money to call them to confirm he really made the transfer to me. That got me so pissed I almost pulled the girl's wig off her head. They only closed it out when a manager came out and I explained what the challenge was.
It can be super crazy sometimes, I swear!
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by hardon1(m): 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
who will they pay the 10k to
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by ikbnice(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
First bank is yet to give my money since last week o.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Vivuch: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hope Ecobank will survive this. Ole bank
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
LegendVibes:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has issued a new directive that banks will pay a fine of N10,000 for every money transfer that exceeds four minutes.

The apex bank made this known in a circular, ‘Circular on the regulation on instant inter-bank electronic funds transfer services in Nigeria’ issued to all deposit money banks, microfinance banks, other financial institutions, mobile money operators, development finance institutions, payment service providers and other stakeholders.

CBN said any failed instant payment transaction not reversed into the customer’s account within 24 hours, based on the complaint of the sender and/or beneficiary will attract a fine of N10,000.

According to the letter signed by ‘Dipo Fatokun, CBN’s director, banking and payments system department, the regulation will be effective from October 2, 2019.

According to the apex bank, electronic funds transfer or a NIP happens between two distinct entities when the delivery from the sending entity to the receiving entity takes place within one minute (60 seconds), while a payments system where delivery to the receiving entity occurs beyond one minute is considered to be an ACH system.

According to the document, on an occasion where a sending entity erroneously sends value contrary to the customer’s instructions due to wrong account number, wrong amount, duplication among others to a receiving entity and requested the reversal in writing within 14 working days of the transaction, the receiving entity should oblige within one business day without recourse to the customer (beneficiary) of the receiving entity provided funds are available.

An automatic indemnity would be inferred against the sending entity making the reversal request.

https://www.torimill.co/news/9858/banks-will-pay-n10000-fine-for-any-failed-transaction-not-reversed-within-24-hours-cbn.html

will the Bank pay the 10k into the customers account or into CBN account?
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by divineappo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
after I successfully get my refund or reversal, how much is my cut in the #10,000 fine?
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by nkemjacob2(m): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2018
kolafolabi:
It happened to me yesterday but got reversed less than 3minutes...
my own Neva reverse o
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by kokomilala(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
Good. Access has been holding my money since August 21. I've written them several times, but they've not obliged me. I'll wait for October 2.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Awesome01(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
How do we the customers report this cases?

Abeg, Ghost have swallowed my 10k between First bank and Diamond bank since Dec. 2017 o.

Where do I make my complaints.?
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Slymonster(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2018
kokomilala:
Good. Access has been holding my money since August 21. I've written them several times, but they've not obliged me. I'll wait for October 2.

October 2019? Lol.. just enter that bank and create a scene till the manager comes out or you call their call centre number,they will escalate it quickly and refund your money. Sometimes they foolishly forget to follow up investigation.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by kokomilala(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2018
@Slymonster, thanks. I did that 11 yrs ago in Abuja. I literally turned the bank upside down. My money was refunded within days. I might revisit that option with seismic radicalism. Lol! �
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by jaggabban: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
Said Buhari, keep the good work in motion.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Ellehanna(f): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
HOT� HOT � HOT
IN OSUN STATE
IG: @APETAMINOSUNSTATE

ARE YOU UNDERWEIGHT, OR YOU WISH TO ADD MORE WEIGHT,

TIRED OF EATING AND CONSUMING FOODS WITH CALORIES WITHOUT SEEING RESULTS OF WEIGHT GAIN?

WOULD YOU WANT TO ADD MORE FLESH TO YOUR BUTT, ARMS AND THIGHS??

THEN THIS IS FOR YOU.

APETAMIN WEIGHT GAIN SYRUP IS HERE FOR YOU. WITH THE CONSUMPTION OF A BOTTLE(ONE WEEK PLAN) YOU WILL SEE A MAJOR DIFFERENCE.....

FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN. ALSO FOR CHILDREN.

DONT PROCRASTINATE.
GET THICK NOW.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW

http:///send?phone=2347088205397
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by emperorblog(m): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
start a profitable business from the comfort of your home
visit www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Mdtoba(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
LegendVibes:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has issued a new directive that banks will pay a fine of N10,000 for every money transfer that exceeds four minutes.

The apex bank made this known in a circular, ‘Circular on the regulation on instant inter-bank electronic funds transfer services in Nigeria’ issued to all deposit money banks, microfinance banks, other financial institutions, mobile money operators, development finance institutions, payment service providers and other stakeholders.

CBN said any failed instant payment transaction not reversed into the customer’s account within 24 hours, based on the complaint of the sender and/or beneficiary will attract a fine of N10,000.

According to the letter signed by ‘Dipo Fatokun, CBN’s director, banking and payments system department, the regulation will be effective from October 2, 2019.

According to the apex bank, electronic funds transfer or a NIP happens between two distinct entities when the delivery from the sending entity to the receiving entity takes place within one minute (60 seconds), while a payments system where delivery to the receiving entity occurs beyond one minute is considered to be an ACH system.

According to the document, on an occasion where a sending entity erroneously sends value contrary to the customer’s instructions due to wrong account number, wrong amount, duplication among others to a receiving entity and requested the reversal in writing within 14 working days of the transaction, the receiving entity should oblige within one business day without recourse to the customer (beneficiary) of the receiving entity provided funds are available.

An automatic indemnity would be inferred against the sending entity making the reversal request.

https://www.torimill.co/news/9858/banks-will-pay-n10000-fine-for-any-failed-transaction-not-reversed-within-24-hours-cbn.html

hmm hope they will credit the account person with the failed transaction
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by BankStatement: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
This is a good development... First Bank beware
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by 1234IKECHhukwu: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2018
Why is every one shouting UBA
UBA take note.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Tonytonex(m): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
Good. If The 10,000 Is Going To The Customer. Very Bad If It's Going To The CBN.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by ladyF(f): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
GTB will go bankrupt with this new development. Their interbank transactions take minimum of 20 minutes. grin

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by adonaimart(m): 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2018
2019 ke?! E too tey oo cool
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by dykegabriel: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2018
As i said one day, knowledge is key
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by streetzz: 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
apikipiki1:
Biko which account will d fine enter?
same question here oo
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by femeritus: 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
For almost a year now Zenith Bank has refused to reverse the failed ATM transaction on my account despite doing everything possible. I eventually overlooked it but they did another one last week this time around on POS. I have vowed to get my money back including the previous one which I earlier left for them. Please someone should tell me how to complain to CBN.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by femeritus: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
For almost a year now Zenith Bank has refused to reverse the failed ATM transaction on my account despite doing everything possible. I eventually overlooked it but they did another one last week this time around on POS. I have vowed to get my money back including the previous one which I earlier left for them. Please someone should tell me how to complain to CBN. Fraudulent banks everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by femeritus: 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
For almost a year now Zenith Bank has refused to reverse the failed ATM transaction on my account despite doing everything possible. I eventually overlooked it but they did another one last week this time around on POS. I have vowed to get my money back including the previous one which I earlier left for them. Please someone should tell me how to complain to CBN. Fraudulent banks everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by yaks77: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
shikshark:
This will be nice if implemented infact the fine is supposed to be 50k, bank can turn u to slave within five minutes telling you to bring this and that and at the end of the day it will still not suffice, ive seen a woman raking out of a bank........UBA, saying" if war is going to start in Nigeria, it will start from the bank" one can imagine the level of frustration shes been subjected to.

Meanwhile, what percentage will be given to the customer because i know some banks that will pay up to ten millon per day on fines because of their quack banking services.
% d customer gets is all I want to know shikena�
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by ayo2pec(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
nonsence
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by itsmine: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
femeritus:
For almost a year now Zenith Bank has refused to reverse the failed ATM transaction on my account despite doing everything possible. I eventually overlooked it but they did another one last week this time around on POS. I have vowed to get my money back including the previous one which I earlier left for them. Please someone should tell me how to complain to CBN. Fraudulent banks everywhere in Nigeria
I can assure you your money is with the POS operator. let him/her check the daily transactions report sent by his bank for the particular day.
Going back to your bank to fill form for refund is simple delay.
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Dreydoe(m): 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
itsmine:

I can assure you your money is with the POS operator. let him/her check the daily transactions report sent by his bank for the particular day.
Going back to your bank to fill form for refund is simple delay.
I have a similar issue..

I paid 4k for my electricity bill via POS at Ikeja electric but the transaction failed and no receipt was printed. Unfortunately my bank (access bank) debited the money for my account and it was not reverse.. I complained to the NEPA official on seat and he doubled checked and confirmed no payment went tru.

I called out my bank later in the day and dey called in the night. Dt it will take 5-8days to make investigation and reverse my money back to my account because I have no receipt of transaction failed.

Please note the Pos at Ikeja electric no d print receipt for unsuccessfully transaction..

With that reply I got from Accessbank.. It seems to me .. I may never get it back.. I dey vexx
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Jaytecq(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2018
Just2endowed2:

go to twitter...copy cbn and tweet the bank...they will respond and give u direct call sharperly

Thanks man... i got a reversal ytday. It worked like magic!!!
Re: Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs by Just2endowed2(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2018
Jaytecq:

Thanks man... i got a reversal ytday. It worked like magic!!!

big company fear twitter like kilode grin

mtn, airtels, banks. just that twitter complaint doesnt work on government institutions and politicians.

currently battling with Nipost twitter handle on a case of fraud by their staff

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna / Five Businesses You Can Run With Your Job / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.