Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,359 members, 7,839,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (20175 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit / The Hidden Yoruba Agenda / Afenifere Backs #endsars Protesters, Says Time For Restructuring Is Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by gurnam: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2018
It’s clear that the northerner establishments have a mortal fear for a United South and therefore will keep doing anything to sow that discord among southerners,this Yakasai just exposed that fear in this irrational diatribe.

All a typical northern bigot need to do is to sell to igbos that they have more to lose if the status quo is altered or touch one of their numerous underbelly ( like surreptitiously asking their youths to issue the quit notice to igbos living in the north) he did that by using a phantom 70% industrial ownership of Lagos, which even I’m sure a rational thinking Igbo will quickly dispute.

A fiscal federalism restructuring , with devolved powers will favour ALL Nigerians and not only southern Nigerians

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Lordofthewest(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
haha that's how other regions keep playing igbo for the mumu they are..anything for them to masturbate at to keep biafra in check grin cheesy

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Agbaletu: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2018
See how Yoruba and Igbo will fall for this trap. They will start attacking themselves now.
Shior!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by tribalistseun: 10:16am On Sep 18, 2018
Tanko yakata

Old fool

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by sureheaven(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2018
Those deceiving Nigerians on restructuring know deep down their brain and mind restructuring isn’t the solution to our problems.

PDP 16 years of misrule, corruption, looting coupled with senseless and selfish leaders are the real problem.
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by revolt(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2018
He's still living in the 1960s. Inbtw the west doesnt support restructuring cos they be one of the losers. The west enjoys undue advantage (atleast lagos) by the present arrangement. Imagine having the oil wells controlled by the region's and the ports in those regions fully operational......great loss for Africa's biggest city o.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by ipobarecriminals: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2018
sad sad grin undecided lipsrsealed wink wink cheesy Uninformed Pigs.Ipob yaf sufa
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by FemiMaduka(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 18, 2018
goodnessme1:
that will never happen.
Trust me.
Nigerians that need restructuring has missed the chance of getting it when they joined other nigerians that want nigeria to remain as it is,to fight and to kill nnamdi kanu.
When kanu was around everybody was talking about Restructuring but when he is no more restructuring died.

we may not like kanu but the truth is,he almost change nigeria for good.

So u saying Kanu's dead?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by OlusegunAdedayo: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2018
angry
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by wink2015(m): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2018
An elder statesman, Tanko Yakasai, has described the agitation for restructuring as a Yoruba agenda promoted by uninformed Igbo people.

Restructuring is a topical political issue as Nigeria moves towards the next general election, with top politicians and groups demanding it should determine the choice of voters.

But the outspoken Mr Yakasai sees the agitation as another attempt to foment trouble in the country.He said most of the socio-political crises that threatened the corporate existence of Nigeria right from the colonial era emanated from the South-west.

Mr Yakasai stated this position on Sunday in Kano at a public lecture organised by Africa Research and Development Agency (ARADA).

The octogenarian added that those clamouring for restructuring are afraid to clearly state what they are advocating.“Restructuring, as many other problematic concepts, was conceived by Afenifere, an offshoot of Action Group, to destabilise the country,” he said.

“It is upon those who are agitating for restructuring to tell Nigerians the real meaning of restructuring. For example, how will Nigeria look like after restructuring? What is your fate?

“If restructuring means constitutional amendments, there is laid down procedure for constitutional amendment. Because constitutional amendment is being conducted through elected representatives, and the North by virtue of its population has higher number of representatives, that is why they are afraid to call for constitutional amendment,” Mr Yakasai said.

“Some people are advocating we should adopt the 1962 Constitution. To the best of my knowledge, the 1962 Constitution recognised four regions. Now we have six geo-political regions. But they failed to explain which regions should be retained or merged.”

According to him, “If the Igbo who lost their wealth during the Nigerian civil war emerged prosperous and presently own 70 percent of Lagos industries, the North has no cause to fear any threat from other parts of the country.

“During the civil war, regional governments took over landed properties belonging to Igbos in their respective regions. But in Kano and entire Northern part , the landed properties were handed over to the Igbos after the civil war.

“In Kano, a committee was constituted under the leadership of Dr Uba Adamu who renovated Igbo properties vandalised during the civil war and returned them to Igbos after the war. But their properties in Port Harcourt were not given to them till date,” Mr Yakasai said.

The controversial politician did not discuss on specific issues proponents of restructuring have clamoured for. Proponents like former vice president Atiku Abubakar have highlighted key issues such as devolution of powers, state police, and so on as major components of their restructuring stance.

In his speech, Mr Yakasai advised Northern Nigeria to reestablish relationship with Sahel countries as, according to him, they share similar socio-cultural traits ahead of possible disintegration of Nigeria.

He said during the civil war, Republic of Niger assisted Nigeria with weapons, but later Northern Nigeria failed to to reciprocate the gesture.

On why he supported Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 against Muhammadu Buhari, Mr Yakasai said he did it to cement the relationship between Southern minorities and Northerners.

“I supported Jonathan during the national conference, though I have never meet him. Igbo and Yoruba have common enmity against Hausa. There is need to establish relationship with Southern minorities, because we share similar fate.

“Niger Delta has petroleum resources, North has human resources but they are lagging behind the West and the East in terms of education and economy,” he said.

Mr Yakasai revealed that some people through his children put pressure on him to take his family away from Kano during the 2015 elections against fear of post election violence, saying “I sent some of my family to their relatives, while others followed me to hotel through the election period.”

Recalling the intrigues of the 1999 elections, Mr Yakasai said Northern bloc supported former president Olusegun Obasanjo against Second Republic vice president Alex Ekwueme, because the latter had accused Northerners of depriving him of the chance to succeed then president Shehu Shagari.

“NPN (National Party of Nigeria) had developed a zoning formula before the 1979 elections. President from North and vice president from East with the intention of Ekwueme to succeed Shagari after he completed his second term.

“When military overthrew Shagari’s government, Ekwueme accused Shagari of conniving with military to deprive him opportunity of becoming president. He spent most of his prison days crying. I used to go to his cell along with Lawal Kaita to comfort him. I taught him Hausa when we were serving at Kirikiri Prisons”, Mr Yakasai revealed.

In his remarks, the Executive Director of ARADA, Sule Bello, said the lecture was organised to share experiences, sensitise people and develop a common roadmap on the development of Nigeria.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/284089-restructuring-is-yoruba-agenda-championed-by-uninformed-igbo-tanko-yakasai.html

Far right Northern leaders like Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa, El Rufai, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso are the once misleading their people not to accept RESTRUCTURING.

These far right people so much believe in FEDERAL ALLOCATION and all this lazy-money-not-work-for.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is already in the part of restructuring.

As Boko Haram is already fighting for restructuring in the core north. The middle belt region that was linking up with the core north are now feeling the desire to join the call for a restructured Nigeria following the security problem they are having with fulani herdsmen.

UNTIL NORTHERN POLITICAL LEADERS STOP DECEIVING THEIR OWN PEOPLE AND TRACE THEIR WAY TO THE AGRICULTURAL ROAD MAP THAT WAS LEFT BY SIR AHMADU BELLO ( THE THEN PREMIER OF NORTHERN REGION ) THEY WILL CONTINUE TO REMAIN UNDERDEVELOPED.

President Muhammadu Buhari is one of the northern far right politician who are misleading their northern people making them to believe that the free money they are getting from crude oil sales down south is far better than pursuing agriculture which is the main stay of the northern region.

I must commend former Vice President Abubakar Atiku for supporting restructuring. He is one of the few voice from the core northern part that have agreed to implement restructuring if voted into public office.

I also wish to commend Attahiru Bafarawa, Col. Abubakar Umar ( rtd ) Nuhu Ribadu for their moderate views regarding restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by deltaisgreat: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2018
A tactical move to accuse the the Yorubas of creating crises in the country so that they will fearfully chicken out of this wonderful and great restructure move that will benefit all Nigerians and not the current structure that only the Northern elites an their family members eat our collective wealth and then indirectly enslave others. They know that if they succeed in intimidating the Yorubas to drop the restructure programme, then the Ibos will have no support from any angle, then they from the core North will come together with their large voice to suppress the Ibos lone voice on restructuring of Nigeria. But we must restructure for us to progress.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by nelll2: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2018
MONIKERREVEALER:

bros, forget it. as long as the statements above were made by a northerner, the yorubas will NEVER attack back.

just imagine if it were to be an eastern elder. I can assure you this post shall get to the 20th page before 12pm.

lets just keep our distance frm tgese guys and desist frm pouring money into Seuns coffers by engaging them in online fighting, hence, driving traffic to nairaland. thanks nwanne.
Iji ya nnoo..more power to you

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by seyigiggle: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2018
PMB that forgot the Igbo in the recent appointments is a what?
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Princedapace(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2018
Sharpsword:
Now I know some Northerners are unintelligent folks, how does restructuring destroy the socio-political structure of the country,Just say you are scared to lose power and be done with.

Lol....Igbo's own 70% of Lagos...see the way Northerners are pressing this people mumu button,do you think you would discourage them from their agitations or what...you handed them their properties. to who..is it to ghosts.

What is our business with Obasanjo and Ekwueme,lol..you taught him Hausa.. so what

Won't even talk about the lagging behind in Education and Economy part. Restructuring is the way to go and it shall come sooner than later.

My brother, if naija restructures, na die for northern nigeria o.

U know west and east are naturally hardworking.. Not as if we have better govt but west and easterners have rugged citizens who can travel anywhere to hustle..

Look at nollywood and the entertainment industry at large, see how the two regions made that industry worth billions of naira..

Any time, any day, if naija break, north go hear am o.

They know this.

Anyways, it will surely break one day. There maybe war again..

I just hope not to be in the country by then..

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by akinszz: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2018
revolt:
He's still living in the 1960s. Inbtw the west doesnt support restructuring cos they be one of the losers. The west enjoys undue advantage (atleast lagos) by the present arrangement. Imagine having the oil wells controlled by the region's and the ports in those regions fully operational......great loss for Africa's biggest city o.
but who started unitary system of government?

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Indigenous(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2018
We need a new country not restructuring, we don't want nizooria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by dreamwords: 10:32am On Sep 18, 2018
LOL
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Yomit71(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2018
by 70% industries he mean the pant & bra industries if you know you know

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Nukilia: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2018
Iamgrey5:
I don't usually do this

But a northerner can kill a Yoruba or Igbo relatives today, but hass lick them tomorrow and everything will be forgotten.

You are smart! The earlier we stop the unholy agreement the better.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by 9gerian: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2018
Thank you!

gurnam:
It’s clear that the northerner establishments have a mortal fear for a unified South and therefore will keep doing anything to sow that discord among southerners,this Yakasai just exposed that fear in this irrational diatribe.

All a typical northern bigot need to do is to sell to igbos that they have more to lose if the status quo is altered, he did that by using a phantom 70% industrial ownership of Lagos, which even I’m sure a rational thinking Igbo will quickly dispute.

A fiscal federalism restructuring , with devolved powers will favour ALL Nigerians and not only southern Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Nukilia: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2018
Princedapace:

My brother, if naija restructures, na die for northern nigeria o.
U know west and east are naturally hardworking.. Not as if we have better govt but west and easterners have rugged citizens who can travel anywhere to hustle..
Look at nollywood and the entertainment industry at large, see how the two regions made that industry worth billions of naira..
Any time, any day, if naija break, north go hear am o.
They know this.
Anyways, it will surely break one day. There maybe war again..
I just hope not to be in the country by then..

You need to know that the north is always looking out for a way to cheat the South. The south should be smart enough to bring in intelligent leaders who will crush the current structure so tat no region is disadvantaged. The greed of the South is the major problem

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by franchasng: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
sharap!! you igbos are forever confused, today it's biafra,then restructuring and then 2023 presidency..thats why even within ur midst, you don't take each other serious
Not true bra.....I am Igbo, one of the enlightened Igbos, and I will tell you authoritatively that what majority of Igbo people want is peaceful division of Nigeria. Alternatively if other regions have refused that Nigeria should divide in peace, Igbos' second desire is complete restructuring to enable every region control their resources, manage their regional security and education...while the federal government takes care of foreign affairs and external security and border control.

Remember, Igbos don't have crude oil as much as Niger Delta but they still want total restructuring just for peace, security of life and properties so that one backward-thinking region(s) won't be controlling the life and affairs of other regions that want to move forward.

Majority of Igbos don't care about Igbo person becoming President of Nigeria because we know that it is all nonsense and the Igbo person that will be handpicked to become President will most likely not be the Igbo people majority's choice but a saboteur disguised as Igbo person, e.g. Rochas Okorocha and co.

Hope u get that

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Allosaurus: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2018
Corrinthians:
Tanko has become their latest idol overnight, the same "illiterate aboooki" they cursed yesterday. grin grin

What do I know. Think it's best I continue to enjoy my Jacuzzi in peace and watch them take turns to kiss the ol man's balls. grin
He's a head-slammer like you.

The only difference is that you slam your common sense away but he doesn't.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Nukilia: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2018
franchasng:
Not true bra.....I am Igbo, one of the enlightened Igbos, and I will tell you authoritatively that what majority of Igbo people want is peaceful division of Nigeria. Alternatively if other regions have refused that Nigeria should divide in peace, Igbos' second desire is complete restructuring to enable every region control their resources, manage their regional security and education...while the federal government takes care of foreign affairs and external security and border control.

Remember, Igbos don't have crude oil as much as Niger Delta but they still want total restructuring just for peace, security of life and properties so that one backward-thinking region(s) won't be controlling the life and affairs of other regions that want to move forward.

Majority of Igbos don't care about Igbo person becoming President of Nigeria because we know that it is all nonsense and the Igbo person that will be handpicked to become President will most likely not be the Igbo people majority's choice but a saboteur disguised as Igbo person, e.g. Rochas Okorocha and co.

Hope u get that

The saboteurs are always among us...

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Btruth: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2018
.....and I was glad when a notable northern elder, Professor Jerry Gana also supported that cause too this morning on the TVC. I wondered why the northerners are always shying away from the restructuring anyway.
Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by Princedapace(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2018
Nukilia:

You need to know that the north is always looking out for a way to cheat the South. The south should be smart enough to bring in intelligent leaders who will crush the current structure so tat no region is disadvantaged. The greed of the South is the major problem

The southern leaders are useless.. South would have gone far in development if not for this useless structure..

North can not stand on it own.. It is left for us, the masses from south to unite and demand our leaders from south to push and break down the current structure that favours north..

U seem to reason smartly bro, where are u from? We can start somewhere..

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai by bcube01(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2018
Racoon:

And Yorubas & Igbos are beefing themselves And Attahiru Bafarawa as well as other seemly sound Northerner are always telling us that "No reasonable northerner will oppose restructuring"? See the deception behind their santimonious posture

it's the Igbos that see the yorubas as an enemy. Last time I checked the population of the Igbos living in Yoruba lands is way higher than the population of the yorubas living in Igbo land. I stand to be corrected. This way u can see the yorubas are highly accommodating. There are so many points I can mention to prove yorubas are not the table shakers.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Campaigns In Esan West LGA Wards (Photos) / Insecurity: Northern Elders Hail Sultan For Speaking Truth To Power / AIB Recovers Black Box Of Crashed Jet, Begins Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.