Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure (4589 Views)

Nigerians Won't Forget Tinubu If He Implements 2014 CONFAB Report - Bode George / Emefiele Begins Second Tenure As CBN Governor / Okechukwu Enelamah: FG To Create 20 Million Jobs In Buhari’s Second Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by bayulll011(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2018
i wrote this sometimes ago,they told me am hating on the man.

1.Lagos traffic
[/b]

Heaven knows these is one of the hellish and most annoying thing Lagosian go through daily,all the road are either bad or being in the state of comatose for more than a year due to reconstructuring and slow executions of projects by hes croonics called contractors.

how do you explain the traffic on the island and mainland,u spend most of your time on traffic,you wonder what happen to the fear of lasma we have during fashola regime,all you see is danfo drivers picking and causing traffic in all bus stops.

[b]2.Refuse

lagos has turn to what i called a bin,no street in lagos you will pass through where there will not be gabbages of rubbish in streets,highways etc,he he is clueless on managing waste that was going on fine during fashola era,Ambode gave expatriate to manage the waste in his state these can only be said of someone who is clueless.

3. Infrastructures.

forget all the Elephant project,Ambode is looting Lagos dry,no accountable on all the project in lagos,is either those projects are over budgeted or projected in a manner that one will wonder what's going on,remember Abule Egba bridge and Ojota pedestrian bridge this is just one of those project,and someone should tell him To stop buying generators to power those street,a sensible and visionary leaders envisage and solve problems that may arise in the future not buying generators to police and adding to global warming.

4.Education.

i have not seen anything in these area,Ambode still enjoy all the policies Fashola put into place,fashola build and renovated all the public schools and created some learning and research centres for children with special attributes,but ambode seems not to understand that Lagos populace needs more and viable world class education centres to meet up with the rest of the world.

Amdode has no idea to turn the education of the state around,go to some public school today it will suprise you that some don't have chairs they sit on floor to attends to lectures.

5.Electricity

someone should educate mr Ambode that the whole body of lagos is covered with water,and there is something they called Hydro thermal energy,these can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and he can sell to neighboring state and earn more money,he should stop buying generators to power all the street light in lagos,this is 2017 for heaven sake the arctic ice is melting,there is global warming he should meet professionals,a nuclear fusion reactors that can be easily shut down by water can serve the whole nation instead of waiting for the unfortunate people at the senate to pass a bill on devolutions of electricity bill that will never see the light of the day.Ambode spent 7Billion in one year to power street light haaaaa.

6.Employment

The lagos state govermnet website advertised some opening recently i will ask how many people was able to apply and get the job,he favored hes croonics,party cheiftance favored the meneber of hes church,no JOB is thrown at the masses,he recruited LASMA recently,where are they today,now neighborhood watch,he waste so much on unproductive projects,most of these projects also take eternity before execution.

Go to street of lagos all you see are hungry and angry youth roaming the street,cos no job which has already paved way to differnet crime in the state,he should come up with idea to employ the common man on the street not all these unproductive job that add nothing to the state.

7.Health.

lagos still don't have viable health scheme,go to our various hospital you will be amazed and cry for us as a nation's,no tools to work on,no word class health equipments you buy bed space,you pay for everything,annoying thing is they fly abroad if they have malaria,lagosian should be wise and these issues of God father has to stop,vote for a sensible and visionary leaders that will add value to your life

8.Arrogant and Disrespectful

One major problem with African leaders once they got to the High positions they value themselves over all others,they dont listen,they dont care,talk about shout all you like we dont care,this is one of ambode major undoing.no respects for party elders,disregards of public opinion and so self centered to listen to the masses,as i always says its an unfolding drama,follow all the episodes but dont take side because politician will always take care of themselves.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by BigbamoAYO(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2018
It's nt mandatory to serve 2 terms, let's anybody else to put his best, Bro AMBODE tried his best don't post as if you're nt a lagosian,

4 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by mrjaydee(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2018
I would prefer he completes the tenure. Bringing another governor now will slow things down.
Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by ClassicMG(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2018
The guy is not fit to be a governor in the first place. Its just like we regress after fashola

6 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2018
mrjaydee:
I would prefer he completes the tenure. Bringing another governor now will slow things down.
How exactly does it slow things down. what things please
Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by bayulll011(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2018
BigbamoAYO:
It's nt mandatory to serve 2 terms, let's anybody else to put his best,
Bro AMBODE tried his best don't post as if you're nt a lagosian,

I am a lagosian,trust me ambode perform below par,talk about human development total failure

3 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by bayulll011(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2018
ClassicMG:
The guy is not fit to be a governor in the first place. Its just like we regress after fashola
npot only regress,it was like a 10 steps backwards,lagos was civil during fashola era,what do we have now,cluelesness,lawlessness and abuse of power

6 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by Minjim: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2018
This's cheap propaganda

All these your baseless accusations can't be substantiated. The only reason was that he refused to give them a blank cheque to Lagos state bank account. And maybe karma on how he managed the issue of his wife and the clegyman

4 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by BigbamoAYO(m): 7:37am On Sep 18, 2018
bayulll011:

I am a lagosian,trust me ambode perform below par,talk about human development total failure
All is well
Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by bayulll011(m): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2018
Minjim:
This's cheap propaganda

All these your baseless accusations can't be substantiated. The only reason was that he refused to give them a blank cheque to Lagos state bank account. And maybe karma on how he managed the issue of his wife and the clegyman

thats a lie,fashola was even strict but manage all the people well,these one is so pathetic,forget cheque do u know how much hes looting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by mrjaydee(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

How exactly does it slow things down. what things please
the new governor will come with his own new policies, new cabinet members and all..
Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by Minjim: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2018
bayulll011:

But his performance was still better than that of Tinubu and fasola. And his project are done with human faces

I can give three known areas:

He executive project promptly. The Ago palace road took Fasola about 5 years to construct to half but it took Ambode just 1 year to finish the remaining half Fasola left.
Aslo, the Oke-affa road linking Jakande estate to Ijegun. Same thing. Fasola lingered on it, but immediately Ambode came he completed it in record time.
Then we have the housing schemes that fasola built and set exorbitant mortgage plans for civil servants. Ambode came in and reduced the mortgage plans. He even made it so flexible that one can make monthly payment to own a house. I know many civil servants that are currently on the mortgage plans

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by backnbeta(f): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2018
When will Lagos be rid of 'godfatherism' and selection of governors? Second term is not Ambode's birthright, but let him be removed by Lagosians based on his performance and not by one dictator!

4 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by FarahAideed: 7:50am On Sep 18, 2018
The surprising thing here is that this same OP is also campaigning for Buhari second term yet he thinks Ambode Who was the only performer of the entire APC in this political tenure is not qualified for second term ... These Buharist clearly don't mean we'll for Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by AstuteJay: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2018
Minjim:

But his performance was still better than that of Tinubu and fasola. And his project are done with human faces

He executive project promptly. The Ago palace road took Fasola about 5 years to construct to half but it took Ambode just 1 year to finish the remaining half Fasola left.
Aslo, the Oke-affa road linking Jakande estate to Ijegun. Same thing. Fasola lingered on it, but immediately Ambode came he completed it in record time.
Then we have the housing schemes that fasola built and set exorbitant mortgage plans for civil servants. Ambode came in and reduced the mortgage plans. He even made it so flexible that one can make monthly payment to own a house. I know many civil servants that are currently on the mortgage plans

Make no mistake, the Ago Palace Landlords charged Lagos State to court on the demolition of some houses. The project had to stop all through the period of the court case. They only went back to site when the case was won in court.

4 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by surgical: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2018
Minjim:

Don't mind them they are in a hurry to replace him with another Muslim,they feel the interim period is over

1 Like

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by hardeycute(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2018
I agree on the issue of traffic and refuses but Lagos traffic has been since inception due to the increasing population through migration and the bad attitude of motorists on the road.

If Ambode is looting Lagos dry? What has Thief.nubu been doing all this while?

Seeing that you are blaming Ambode for poor electricity supply in Lagos defines the level of your intelligence on public affairs.

Do you know that SGs cannot generate electricity? it is all because of our archaic constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by aolawale025: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2018
Let the electorate decide
Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by TheMan3: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2018
bayulll011:

1.Lagos traffic
[/b]

Heaven knows these is one of the hellish and most annoying thing Lagosian go through daily,all the road are either bad or being in the state of comatose for more than a year due to reconstructuring and slow executions of projects by hes croonics called contractors.

how do you explain the traffic on the island and mainland,u spend most of your time on traffic,you wonder what happen to the fear of lasma we have during fashola regime,all you see is danfo drivers picking and causing traffic in all bus stops.

[b]2.Refuse

lagos has turn to what i called a bin,no street in lagos you will pass through where there will not be gabbages of rubbish in streets,highways etc,he he is clueless on managing waste that was going on fine during fashola era,Ambode gave expatriate to manage the waste in his state these can only be said of someone who is clueless.

3. Infrastructures.

forget all the Elephant project,Ambode is looting Lagos dry,no accountable on all the project in lagos,is either those projects are over budgeted or projected in a manner that one will wonder what's going on,remember Abule Egba bridge and Ojota pedestrian bridge this is just one of those project,and someone should tell him To stop buying generators to power those street,a sensible and visionary leaders envisage and solve problems that may arise in the future not buying generators to police and adding to global warming.

4.Education.

i have not seen anything in these area,Ambode still enjoy all the policies Fashola put into place,fashola build and renovated all the public schools and created some learning and research centres for children with special attributes,but ambode seems not to understand that Lagos populace needs more and viable world class education centres to meet up with the rest of the world.

Amdode has no idea to turn the education of the state around,go to some public school today it will suprise you that some don't have chairs they sit on floor to attends to lectures.

5.Electricity

someone should educate mr Ambode that the whole body of lagos is covered with water,and there is something they called Hydro thermal energy,these can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and he can sell to neighboring state and earn more money,he should stop buying generators to power all the street light in lagos,this is 2017 for heaven sake the arctic ice is melting,there is global warming he should meet professionals,a nuclear fusion reactors that can be easily shut down by water can serve the whole nation instead of waiting for the unfortunate people at the senate to pass a bill on devolutions of electricity bill that will never see the light of the day.Ambode spent 7Billion in one year to power street light haaaaa.

6.Employment

The lagos state govermnet website advertised some opening recently i will ask how many people was able to apply and get the job,he favored hes croonics,party cheiftance favored the meneber of hes church,no JOB is thrown at the masses,he recruited LASMA recently,where are they today,now neighborhood watch,he waste so much on unproductive projects,most of these projects also take eternity before execution.

Go to street of lagos all you see are hungry and angry youth roaming the street,cos no job which has already paved way to differnet crime in the state,he should come up with idea to employ the common man on the street not all these unproductive job that add nothing to the state.

7.Health.

lagos still don't have viable health scheme,go to our various hospital you will be amazed and cry for us as a nation's,no tools to work on,no word class health equipments you buy bed space,you pay for everything,annoying thing is they fly abroad if they have malaria,lagosian should be wise and these issues of God father has to stop,vote for a sensible and visionary leaders that will add value to your life

One major problem with African leaders once they got to the High positions they value themselves over all others,they dont listen,they dont care,talk about shout all you like we dont care,this is one of ambode major undoing.no respects for party elders,disregards of public opinion and so self centered to listen to the masses,as i always says its an unfolding drama,follow all the episodes but dont take side because politician will always take care of themselves.
so you even know what nuclear fusion is ?

1 Like

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by moufan: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2018
bayulll011:

1.Lagos traffic
[/b]

[b]2.Refuse

3. Infrastructures.

4.Education.

5.Electricity

6.Employment

7.Health.

this is the most stupid and moroni.c post i've ever read on nairaland. was this written by a primary school child? smh

1 Like

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by 7lives: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2018
The ONLY issue I have with Ambode is the DIRT.
How can he allowed personal interest overrides the general interest?.
That LAWMA, visionscape fiasco really damaged Ambode's image.
Most of the places that are always clean are now dirty, I'm not even sure the sweepers are still working.
I also believed he was sabotaged by LAWMA too, LAWMA do not want competition.
Over all I think Ambode should be allowed to complete his second tenure.
Sanwolu or whatever he calls himself should go and sit down, ma ta, ma ta, Ayo ki ise okiti obo.
Governance is NOT a game, we need stability in Lagos.
Eko oni baje lai lai, eni ma ba Eko je, ko ni r'oju r'aye, ko ni nisimin.
Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2018
The unfortunate thing is that there hasn't been any real and meaningful development in Nigeria since the days of pa Awolowo as Premier of Western region.

All these elephant projects embarked upon are self serving to make people say they are working and not what the populace needs.

Lagos can not operate its own power plant? I heard the Fg has granted concession to state to generate power.

Lagos can not provide potable water supply to households.

What stops Lagos government from borrowing money and putting up a metro or subway rail system that connects all parts of Lagos like Dubai instead of building redundant busstops that nobody will use.

There are some inland water bodies that could be used as transportation system.

Our leaders only think of today not tomorrow. The European or American will think of 50years ahead while developing atheir cities.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2018
surgical:
Don't mind them they are in a hurry to replace him with another Muslim,they feel the interim period is over
You talk as if your head is upsides down....get a life bro and stop the religion bigotry rubbish you just said.....get a life man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Tinubu And Party Mandate,the Following Cost Ambode Second Tenure by chloride6: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2018
hardeycute:
I agree on the issue of traffic and refuses but Lagos traffic has been since inception due to the increasing population through migration and the bad attitude of motorists on the road.

If Ambode is looting Lagos dry? What has Thief.nubu been doing all this while?

Seeing that you are blaming Ambode for poor electricity supply in Lagos defines the level of your intelligence on public affairs.

Do you know that SGs cannot generate electricity? it is all because of our archaic constitution.

They can generate, they cant transmit and distribute.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija / Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them / 16 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.