Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption (38409 Views)

Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic / Physical-challenge Small Sized Corper Shows His NYSC Certificate (photos) / You Don’t Apply For Exemption Certificate, Says Ex-nysc Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by mu2sa2: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
kolaish:
With due respect, you are one of the reason why this country remains the way it is. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A CRIME. If she can go through a standardized system abroad to obtain her degree, what stops her from doing so in Nigeria. You obey the law in another man's land and disobey your father's law; only a bastard would do that.

It is only a pity that you are giving a lame excuse for her, this simply means you buy into the school of thought of those bypassing a regulated system which has kept the country backward.
Which law are you implying? I am saying there is no prima facie evidence that she commited forgery. No criminal intent to prosecute.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by mu2sa2: 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
In2systemsTech:

trash.... its obvious getting the exemption is not a hard process... kemi doesnt have a British certificate... kemi has nothing to present to NYSC for evaluation... Kemi would have been found out if she presented fake British degree to NYSC for evaluation
You are confused!
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by skfa1: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
She should have come around to serve when she graduated at the age of 22,knowing that she will one day work in Nigeria.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by emmyw(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
Thomas, Check This Link>>> http://www.nysc.gov.ng/certcollectexp.html
SmartyPants:

Please where did ngschoolz.net get this info? Can't find some of it on the NYSC website and it needs to be verified.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by In2systemsTech(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
You are confused!

someone admitted a crime and resigned and you want us to praise her? cry cry cry cry
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by skfa1: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
Which law are you implying? I am saying there is no prima facie evidence that she commited forgery. No criminal intent to prosecute.

The evidence is NYC forged certificate!

No criminal intent? I'm sure she knows the rules that govern NYSC certificate.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by skfa1: 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2018
@ In2systemsTech

She has a British certificates but has no NYSC exemption certificate.

She forged NYSC certificate!!! the certificate carried the previous DG signature instead of the current DG.

The previous DG left position 8 months prior to the date she claimed she was exempted July 9,2009. Also, the calligraphy was different from the original certificate.

The certificate number and letters has different font size. Above all, she graduated at 22 but got exemption letter when she was above 30!

She should have known that you can only get exemption when you graduate at the age of 30 and above.

If you are below 30 you have to serve and get your certificate after 1 year of service. So how come she didn't read all this online? I believe she knew what she was doing, she just got caught up at the end.

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by miracleedwards: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
I think and would say that her greatest mistake was her making, if after 30yrs of age should could not go to the NYSC office herself to know the procedure besides the years she became 30yrs NYSC has a web page, and the procedure for foreign student say such a student should be physically present with their international passport, so who presented her passport for sighting? and who accepted the passport without the bearer?
mu2sa2:
This is why I say Kemi Adeosun deserves a national honour for resigning despite not being at fault over the Nysc certificate brouhaha. In fact, I am sure if she were a politician she won't resign and will challenge her accusers to "go to court" (certified crooks like Saraki have been doing that and getting away with it, thanks to corrupt SANs and rotten judges). Kemi Adeosun did not forge the cert and did not know it was forged - no criminal intent to warrant prosecution. Her only mistake, if at all, was that she assumed that the fellows she trusted to process the exemption cert would do the right thing. Having been born and raised in Uk she "no know say naija na naija" . I know those shouting forgery are doing so on grounds of ethnic bias (e.g Ipob brats) or to gain political capital (e.g pdp hypocrites). She was and is still entitled to the Nysc exemption cert as of right. This intelligent, energetic, professionally competent woman has etched her name in gold by her service to the nation and bowing out honourably at a time when criminals, murderers, killer thugs/armed robbers sponsors are scheming to be president! God save nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Shampoo77: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2018
Someone should send it to our former ministerer of finance super star "fraudster" aunty Kemi should in case her younger siblings that are still in the UK want to exempt.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
anochuko01:
i'm not engaging in this SCAM, at least for now. Whats the plight of those who have done it? They're still roaming the streets of lagos searching for 50k jobs.
I'll rather spend that one year to go learn a skill and focus on building a business. To hell with the govt and their nysc labour subsidising scheme...

i had my hnd at 23. my plan is to wait till im 27, get a DE into UNI, run it till im 31 and then get an excemption!

grin

Badt guy
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
When am done with my Bsc overseas, i must come back for this NYSC sha
it might be a shithole but it's still my country

That's right.

A good patriotic citizen
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Dhugal: 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
anochuko01:

its enough time for personal development, exploration and to build my business...would be expanding my consulting services by end of this month
You're already a graduate with your HND.You can run as long as you like, but you can't get out of this. Like it or not, you must fulfill the requirements of the law or end up like Kemi should you find yourself in any public office.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Chikebranny123(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2018
kaysy:
This info is not true and totally misleading, NYSC has since Batch C 2014 gone digital and all these analogue process are no longer in vogue, i wonder where some of u dig out nonsense and feed the public.

NOW THIS IS HOW ITS DONE

FOR LOCALLY TRAINED GRADUATES
Once u have satisfied all requirements and has passed all your courses in your school, After Senate/Academic Board's Approval, your documents is sent to your school's NYSC Office which is always domiciled at The students' Affairs Unit of every school.

NYSC always has a periodic timetable for each batch and every institution will be communicated to on when the NYSC portal will be opened so they can upload names of graduates approved by their senate or academic board. The timetable will also be on NYSC website for all to see

Once that is completed, the next step is NYSC online registration. Based on NYSC establishment act 2001, the system has been configured to automatically determines who is mobilized, exempted or excluded.

NOW HOW DO U KNOW YOUR MOBILIZATION STATUS
1) Local and foreign trained Full Time students who graduated on or below the age of 30 will be mobilized for National Service
2) Local and foreign trained Full Time students who graduated above the age of 30 will be exempted from National Service
3) Local and foreign trained Part Time students will be excluded from National Service irrespective of their age

Locally trained graduates that will be exempted will have to collect their exemption certificate from their institution while foreign trained graduates will collect theirs from NYSC, Abuja.

You have to NOTE the difference between Exemption and Exclusion
Exemption Certificate is issued to Full Time graduates above 30
Exclusion certificate is issued to all Part Time graduates.

The reason why you see some old people serving is because they graduated below 30 but refused to go for NYSC, now they have reached a point in their life where NYSC is required, they have to come back and do it.... Even Kemi Adeosun can still serve if she wants to.

I keep quiet on Nairaland when people post rubbish and senseless news about NYSC but i just can't hold this one.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by mu2sa2: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
In2systemsTech:

someone admitted a crime and resigned and you want us to praise her? cry cry cry cry
Get it clear: she did not admit she committed the offence of forgery. She only admitted that the exemption cert was not genuine and blame the forgery indirectly on the people who got her the cert. No court will convict her on these facts.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by mu2sa2: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
skfa1:

The evidence is NYC forged certificate!

No criminal intent? I'm sure she knows the rules that govern NYSC certificate.
She didn't forge it.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
anochuko01:
i'm not engaging in this SCAM, at least for now. Whats the plight of those who have done it? They're still roaming the streets of lagos searching for 50k jobs.
I'll rather spend that one year to go learn a skill and focus on building a business. To hell with the govt and their nysc labour subsidising scheme...

i had my hnd at 23. my plan is to wait till im 27, get a DE into UNI, run it till im 31 and then get an excemption!

If you don't want to engage in the scam, why then are you looking for the exemption.
Something you don't want, pls reject every part part of it
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by anochuko01(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2018
Dhugal:

You're already a graduate with your HND.You can run as long as you like, but you can't get out of this. Like it or not, you must fulfill the requirements of the law or end up like Kemi should you find yourself in any public office.
thats the problem....and to hell with public office.
did you read the story of a 26yr old nigerian being the highest paid robotic engr in the world? how possible would that have been here?
we run a messed education sector and still top it with a messed nysc policy. i have chosen a path in life, and ive seen that nysc paper cant stop my success....that scheme limits the destiny of an average nigerian youth coz it gives them a false hope of securing a dream job that never exists or has been willed to the rich and affluent. and i refuse to tow that path. you think kemi wouldnt get a better job or cant be a successful business owner?
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by anochuko01(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:

If you don't want to engage in the scam, why then are you looking for the exemption.
Something you don't want, pls reject every part part of it
i'm looking for exemption coz its for those THAT CAN'T GO due to stipulated reasons, abi.

you can also ask me to leave the country for UK like kemi.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by skfa1: 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
She didn't forge it.

So tell me how she got it.

Was she at the headquarters in abuja "physically" to present her school certificate and passport for processing?

What about the signature and the calligraphy on the NYSC certificate? Tell me something.

Mind you,during my own time, I was there physically with my certificate and passport as the law says.

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
This is why I say Kemi Adeosun deserves a national honour for resigning despite not being at fault over the Nysc certificate brouhaha. In fact, I am sure if she were a politician she won't resign and will challenge her accusers to "go to court" (certified crooks like Saraki have been doing that and getting away with it, thanks to corrupt SANs and rotten judges). Kemi Adeosun did not forge the cert and did not know it was forged - no criminal intent to warrant prosecution. Her only mistake, if at all, was that she assumed that the fellows she trusted to process the exemption cert would do the right thing. Having been born and raised in Uk she "no know say naija na naija" . I know those shouting forgery are doing so on grounds of ethnic bias (e.g Ipob brats) or to gain political capital (e.g pdp hypocrites). She was and is still entitled to the Nysc exemption cert as of right. This intelligent, energetic, professionally competent woman has etched her name in gold by her service to the nation and bowing out honourably at a time when criminals, murderers, killer thugs/armed robbers sponsors are scheming to be president! God save nigeria.

kemi adeosun commited a crime called Forgery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by djon78(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
[b]Wrong and false information

Got my own in 2016. A UK graduate.

Its even simple now.

As the new batch of NYSC is being called up

Go online to NYSC portal
Fill your details, your institution attended(your school must be in there portal), your degree.
Once you key in your birth date and your year of graduation. The online portal will automatically tell you whether you Will serve or get exempted.

Then it will tell you to upload your degree certificate, waec original, passport page of your student visa. Passport photo.
Then your fingerprint also.
Once you succeeded. It will tell you the period to come with the original of your documents to their office in Abuja.

I went their. They scrutinized all my documents to ensure it is original

Then I was given my exemption. My own even carry my passport face. With my school and country of study.

Getting that thing no easy. If you don't have patience you will get frustrated. That's why I had sympathy for kemi. And I think, getting it during her own time was worse. Now online portal has made it easier.[/b]
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by OShepherd: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
kaysy:
This info is not true and totally misleading, NYSC has since Batch C 2014 gone digital and all these analogue process are no longer in vogue, i wonder where some of u dig out nonsense and feed the public.

NOW THIS IS HOW ITS DONE

Once u have satisfied all requirements and has passed all your courses in your school, After Senate/Academic Board's Approval, your documents is sent to your school's NYSC Office which is always domiciled at The students' Affairs Unit of every school.

NYSC always has a periodic timetable for each batch and every institution will be communicated to on when the NYSC portal will be opened so they can upload names of graduates approved by their senate or academic board. The timetable will also be on NYSC website for all to see

Once that is completed, the next step is NYSC online registration. Based on NYSC establishment act 2001, the system has been configured to automatically determines who is mobilized, exempted or excluded.

1) Local and foreign trained Full Time students who graduated on or below the age of 30 will be mobilized for National Service
2) Local and foreign trained Full Time students who graduated above the age of 30 will be exempted from National Service
3) Local and foreign trained Part Time students will be excluded from National Service irrespective of their age

Locally trained graduates that will be exempted will have to collect their exemption certificate from their institution while foreign trained graduates will collect theirs from NYSC, Abuja.

The reason why you see some old people serving is because they graduated below 30 but refused to go for NYSC, now they have reached a point in their life where NYSC is required, they have to come back and do it.... Even Kemi Adeosun can still serve if she wants to.

I keep quiet on Nairaland when people post rubbish and senseless news about NYSC but i just can't hold this one.
Quite educative!

2 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Analysiscorner: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
Are you with your senses?
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Antichristus: 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
NIGERIA IS A JOKE. YOU HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO IS NOT ONLY A QUALIFICATION FRAUD BUT A FAILURE. AND, AS IF THE FIRST TERM OF DISASTER ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, HE INTENDS TAKING ALL NIGERIANS FOR A RIDE A SECOND TERM. IF BUHARI WINS IN 2019 THAT IS WHEN I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT NIGERIANS ARE BIG FOOLS. THE YORUBA ADAGE SAYS IF YOU FALL INTO A TRAP FOR THE FIRST TIME, LEARN. IF, HOWEVER, YOU FALL INTO THE SAME TRAP A SECOND TIME, YOU'LL NEVER LEARN AND YOU'LL PERPETUALLY SUFFER FROM YOUR FOLLIES.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by mu2sa2: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Analysiscorner:

Are you with your senses?
Am to ask you that.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by OlivetBen(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
kaysy:

NOW THIS IS HOW ITS DONE

nice one. but OP did not make mistake either. thanks to both of you.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by In2systemsTech(m): 4:01am On Sep 19, 2018
mu2sa2:
Get it clear: she did not admit she committed the offence of forgery. She only admitted that the exemption cert was not genuine and blame the forgery indirectly on the people who got her the cert. No court will convict her on these facts.

ooo my God... you are so funny... she used a fake document to obtain a job... admitting or not admitting it does not change anything, who obtained it does not matter... she used a fake document.... that alone is suppose to send her to jail... the court will send her to jail just on the fact that she used a fake document to obtain a position and thats what is called forgery... please stop trying to cover up for a forgery crime, it makes you look weak
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Abyolah: 6:47am On Sep 19, 2018
Sorry bro, you can't still be exempted, your HND qualifies you to serve as a graduate...

anochuko01:

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Obinkita(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2018
AroOkigbo:
It is not late to collect the original exemption certificate.

cc: Mrs Kemi Adeosun

Kemi having graduated before 30 is not qualified for exemption, unless she joins armed service. But she cannot join d service cos she's a criminal awaiting conviction
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by anochuko01(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Abyolah:
Sorry bro, you can't still be exempted, your HND qualifies you to serve as a graduate...

they can't Bleep off then.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Teejazy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nice 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corpers Distribute Relief Materials In Oproama, Rivers state (Photos) / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year / 5 Things To Do After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.