Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off (2331 Views)

Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee / Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee / Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Danpersie31(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Former Premier League referee, Mark Clattenburg has explained why Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo was sent off in his side’s 2-0 win against Valencia in the UEFA Champions League fixture played on Wednesday night.
Ronaldo was shown a straight red card by referee, Felix Brych, during the first half of the encounter, following a coming-together with Jeison Murillo in an off-the-ball incident.
Clattenburg believes that the Portuguese captain was sent off because the assistant referee on the side of the pitch may have told the match referee, Brych that an elbow was used by the 33-year-old.
He added that if he was to be the referee for the game, he would have given Valencia a free-kick and shown a yellow card to both Ronaldo and Murillo.
“Cristiano Ronaldo was very unfortunate to be sent off on his Champions League debut for Juventus, Clattenburg told Daily Mail.
“With the ball on the left wing, the forward tried to make a run into the penalty area and was blocked off by Jeison Murillo.
“There was a small push from Ronaldo which resulted in the Valencia defender falling to the floor but that was not violent conduct.
“It was spotted by the additional assistant, standing behind the goal, who may have thought Ronaldo threw an elbow but that was not the case.
“Ronaldo was then clearly annoyed by Murillo’s play-acting and placed a hand on the defender’s head.
“The contact looked very slight and I cannot see how the additional assistant, standing some 20 yards away, could deem it violent conduct.
“If I had been officiating this game, I would have given Valencia a free-kick and shown a yellow card to each player.
“Ronaldo will serve a one-match ban but anything more would be harsh.”
Ronaldo will now miss Juventus’ next game against Swiss side, Young Boys, after receiving his first ever Champions League red card on Wednesday.

From :https://crusadersiii./2018/09/20/valencia-vs-juventus-referee-mark-clattenburg-explains-why-ronaldo-was-sent-off/

1 Like

Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Danpersie31(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
Brych is just something else

One of the most useless refs I have ever seen

3 Likes

Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Baawaa(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
That referee is an agent of bad luck grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Kingosytex(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
i really felt for ronaldo seeing how he was crying but he should take consolation in the fact that he has played in more contraversial matches, with bad officiating and irregularities that favoured him. examples are the red cards against juventus and bayern munich. another point is dat there is no UEFA immunity in juventus, ronaldo wouldnt have seen red had it been he was still at real madrid

1 Like

Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by ronishratis(f): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
According to FIFA Ranking Nigeria now 48th, 4th in Africa..Read more https://ronishratisblog.com/2018/09/20/according-to-fifa-ranking-nigeria-now-48th-4th-in-africa/
Danpersie31:
Brych is just something else

One of the most useless refs I have ever seen
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Danpersie31(m): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
ronishratis:
According to FIFA Ranking Nigeria now 48th, 4th in Africa..Read more https://ronishratisblog.com/2018/09/20/according-to-fifa-ranking-nigeria-now-48th-4th-in-africa/

Tot we will b 2 in Africa by now
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Tenny05(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
That ref is useless, i know him very well, he has officiated for chelsea and man u before.He is known for blowing rubbish.
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Yemsam01: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
That's too bad. Well i know there more good days CR7 in this CL
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Yemsam01: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
That's too bad. Well i know there are more good days for CR7 in this CL
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Danpersie31(m): 1:58am On Sep 21, 2018
ogunsdidu:
LEARN TO PROGRAM IN PYTHON FOR FREE

ATTEND THIS TRAINING TO KICKSTART YOUR FULL-STACK PYTHON WEB APP DEVELOPMENT CAREER

Now you might be asking: What can you do with Python or rather, ‘wetin be dis python’ sef? Python is the official language of Google & YouTube, it powers Instagram, the backbone of Yahoo, was also used to develop Dropbox and it even runs on chips Intel tests as well as some of the biggest web apps. It’s a scripting language that can automate all sorts of tasks, big or small. You can do just about anything with Python that you can do with other web programming languages.

This free Intensive Python Training program provides you a beginner-friendly introduction to Python and if you want to learn Python from scratch, this free course is for you!

DATE: 4TH of October, 2018
VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS
TIME: 10am Prompt
COST & REGISTRATION: Absolutely Free (Check Link To Register Now!)
REQUIREMENTS: Just Come With Your Laptop/Tablet/Writing Materials
ADD-ON: Free Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi Access To First 20 Participants

its a nice one, wish I was in Lagos
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by KingLennon(m): 6:09am On Sep 21, 2018
Felix brych had a very bad game. After the red-card he was very confuse and started giving penalties to cover up his fault. What about the high boot on the face that caused Juventus first penalty, is that not a red card? But Nani was given a red card for such Incident against Real madrid
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Randy100: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2018
A very bad officiating.
Re: Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off by Bimpe29: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
Refree's decision was really harsh and nasty.

(1) (Reply)

WAFU Cup: Rangers Vs Mighty Barrol (Liberia) 5 - 0 (uche nwofor 3,kabiru,egwim) / Is It Possible To Play Premier Lotto Online (baba Ijebu) / LIVE Matches For International Champions Cup 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.