Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates (2069 Views)

Coronavirus In The Global Poverty Capital: Why Northern Nigeria Will Suffer More / Politics Of Global Poverty: Europe’s 10 Poorest V. Africa’s 10 Richest / Decreasing Global Poverty Rate And Increasing Northern Nigerian Poverty Rate - S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by Horus(m): 10:00am On Sep 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovEuQN1weM

Bill Gates: We Must Depopulate Africa to Save Europe

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation was accused of secretly sterilizing millions of women in Africa
Abortion drugs were discovered in Tetanus vaccines
Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2018
saaron:
Population is not the determinant of poverty, human development index is the determinant of poverty. Even if a country has a large population, if the population (human resources) is developed by way of education and training, the country's population becomes an asset, rather than a liability.

So now we are not training our human resources, and our education is in comatose, isn't the best thing to do pruning our population through birth control?

You are not doing A,

You are also not doing B,

And you still don't wanna do C?

Are You more intelligent than Chinese strategists who had pegged childbirth at one, and later to two, and now they are considering reviewing upward because they've gotten things right?

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by UncleJudax(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2018
iammo:
sadly they use poverty as a tool in APC . they stop paying salary, borrow heavily, give forex only to pilgrims and government estacode, budget heavily on ridiculous things like asorock maintainance.
to give a simple example how our rulers created this poverty mess;
landing cost of Heathrow airport London cost $5,200, (N1.8m), NAF001 is a Boeing 737, that burns 750 gallons (almost 3000liters) per hour, all this cost for treatment in UK, and we can't upgrade asorock clinics or any hospital in abuja to serve all medical purpose. when the standard cost to build a world class medical center is $60000 for a 1000 square feet
A certain president recovered over 300 million dollars and didn't think of building one solid hospital in each geopolitical zone. Instead, he "shared" the money...for people to vote for his party.

To make it worse, he travelled to China and borrowed similar amount of money. grin

Next, he will jet out to London for medical checkup

And Africa too say dem get leaders?

Hhhajahaha

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by iammo(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2018
UncleJudax:

A certain president recovered over 300 million dollars and didn't think of building one solid hospital in each geopolitical zone. Instead, he "shared" the money...for people to vote for his party.

To make it worse, he travelled to China and borrowed similar amount of money. grin

Next, he will jet out to London for medical checkup

And Africa too say dem get leaders?

Hhhajahaha

the gist even long pass that one na, the money swiss government returned was abacha loot, abacha rather than pay Russia the money to complete ajaokuta and have Nigeria producing almost everything we need. the scammer stashed the money away, they returned the money to saint buhari and see what they are using it for, this guys just like to run us down.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by UncleJudax(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2018
saaron:
Nigerians should take Bill Gates population idea with a pinch of salt. Yes I belive poverty is on the increase in Nigeria, but population is not really the problem. Nigeria's poverty problem is structural. The current Nigerian structure is a system that celebrates mediocrity and incompetence. Mediocrity, incompetence and poverty goes hand in hand. They are inseparable.
There are wicked plans to reduce Africa's population drastically through various means like disease, food and water poisoning, conflicts, vaccines etc.
All these na conspiracy theories. Since Africans cant choose good leaders, why can't they procreate less?

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by Horus(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2018
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation was accused of secretly sterilizing millions of women in Africa
Abortion drugs were discovered in Tetanus vaccines

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by docadams: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2018
SternProphet:

So you have cowardly shifted the goal post back to 1983/84. This is the mark of cowards.
NPN looted your country between 1979 and 1983. They racked up debts that were unverifiable and the oil price crashed on them. Nigeria was the world's largest importer of rice in just the middle two years of that regime. Of course the Army decided to push them out. The people who planned the coup; Bako, Abacha, Taiwo, Idiagbon, IBB, . The man who they made HoS because of Integrity was Buhari. Buhari balanced budgets, restricted imports, and we were paying our loans off (the ones we could verify). We had paid off 3/4 of loans off when IBB pre emptively struck before he was retired as C of Army Staff.
Nigeria was completely ruined morally, socially, evon9mically and socially by IBB.
You are still suffering part of IBB damage to Nigeria even now although you probably don't know it.

That was a good journey down memory lane.
Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by UncleJudax(m): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2018
iammo:

the gist even long pass that one na, the money swiss government returned was abacha loot, abacha rather than pay Russia the money to complete ajaokuta and have Nigeria producing almost everything we need. the scammer stashed the money away, they returned the money to saint buhari and see what they are using it for, this guys just like to run us down.
I de tell you. And the younger peeps have been so pauperised, they sing the names of their tormentors.

This is classic Stockholm syndrome.

It can only get worse.
Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by SkengRay: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
He is obviously saying the truth.Poverty is really going on here in Nigeria.But people are not complaining.Even most people don't even realize that they are living in abject poverty. You cannot a compare a middle class Family in Nigeria to a low class family in UK or US.i am so frustrated cuz I realized that most of us are living in poverty and the Government does not even care for we Masses.Sometimes I feel like commiting suicide be a Nigerian and being in a Third World country cuz I see no improvement.Things are getting worse every four years cry
Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by 7lives: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
SternProphet:

So you have cowardly shifted the goal post back to 1983/84. This is the mark of cowards.
NPN looted your country between 1979 and 1983. They racked up debts that were unverifiable and the oil price crashed on them. Nigeria was the world's largest importer of rice in just the middle two years of that regime. Of course the Army decided to push them out. The people who planned the coup; Bako, Abacha, Taiwo, Idiagbon, IBB, . The man who they made HoS because of Integrity was Buhari. Buhari balanced budgets, restricted imports, and we were paying our loans off (the ones we could verify). We had paid off 3/4 of loans off when IBB pre emptively struck before he was retired as C of Army Staff.
Nigeria was completely ruined morally, socially, evon9mically and socially by IBB.
You are still suffering part of IBB damage to Nigeria even now although you probably don't know it.

Bros you are talking to someone who doesn't even understand what you are talking about.
The Babangida government during SAP, laid so much emphasis on population reduction, through child spacing.
The national population commission said women should not have more than four children, so that the family can have enough to raise the children.
The national orientation agency of Nigeria even create a jingle on this matter. " oil go finish one day o, no let water pass garri o ".
Those who remove history from our curriculum, did a great disservice to this country, if people don't know where they are coming from, they can never know where they are going.
Na Today? Nigerians are too careless and carefree with their lives, any Nigerian who is a youth during the period of SAP, who is now under the Yoke of poverty, due to having so many mouths to feed will only have themselves to blame, as there can NEVER be a harder economic lesson in this country like SAP.
Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by deleo16(m): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
Suffer dey Africa, pa pa ra pa
I suffer dey, pa pa ra pa
Condition dey e, pa pa ra pa
Me I no say you be African man
And we dey suffer, pa pa ra pa
Which condition you dey I don't know
The condition me I dey me I know
My condition don reach make I act

If your condition today make you shake
And you still dey not talk the way you feel
Make you open your two ears very well
To hear the truth talk me I dey talk
Listen make you dey agree for me
Every day and night you dey hear me talk
One day you self you agree with me
To dey act the way as you dey feel
Remember if you no act your own
One day of course we must die

Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Announcement start to happen
Newspaper carry them paper
Radio dey shout for studio
Obasanjo turn vocalist
Yar'Adua road manager
Every government statement
Seven billion naira missing
Missing from oversea
Foreign currency scandal
Them start to arrest everybody o

E no finish, e no finish...

The young Africans them get two ears for head
Them get two eyes too
Them dey see the thing wey dey happen
Them dey hear am too
Few people dey fat with big money
And the rest dey hungry
Me Fela, I challenge Obasanjo
Na wayo him dey all the time
Make him carry me go any court
I go open book for am
Na wayo government we dey o
E gba mi o
Na weak government we dey o
Ye paripa o
Na paddy paddy government we dey
E gba mi o
Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by gcof(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ioannes:
Bill Gates charitable organization is focused on reducing the population of Africans and maybe even eliminating Africans from the surface of the earth.

Population growth isn't the cause of poverty otherwise China should be the poorest nation on earth.

The West would rather give aid to African countries in a bid to keep African leaders perpetually corrupt instead of leaning heavily against corrupt leadership and insisting that they do right by their citizens.

I won't be surprised to learn that HIV and Ebola were lab-manufactured diseases planned to reduce the population of Africa.

Imagine the horror of the West at the thought of a superpower rising from Africa. They will forever be grateful that Nigerian leaders are eternally and incurably corrupt being the largest black nation in the world.
thank you very much. Gates is doing a great job in malaria fight and support in Africa but telling us that population contributes to poverty in Africa is a great lie. If that is the case, how come other more populated countries like China and America are not struggling like Nigeria. Our problem is bad leadership, bad follwership and miss management

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Fell Into Global Poverty Net – Bill Gates by gcof(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
Awol1:

Any proof Pls?

What are you saying? That we should go on procreating and overstretching scarce resources?
please what do you mean by scarce resources?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari meets Nnamdi Kanu family members / Buhari’s Minister Of Defence Served In Abacha Govt, Backed June 12 Annulment / Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.