Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Have You Experienced This Before? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Experienced This Before? (2068 Views)

Fellow Christians Please Share Testimonies Of Real Miracles YOU Experienced / Have You Experienced Healing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Experienced This Before? by Akwasi(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2010
It has never failed. There has never been an exception. During my prayer sessions, whenever I imagine the FATHER on HIS throne, I begin to weep like a baby. This goes on even when my wife is around me. It will happen when I am praying with my fellow church members.

Has it happened to you before? The irony of the issue is whenever I finish crying, I feel this joy that is always reserved for those moments.

Please chip in if you have experienced this before.

May God bless you.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by uche13: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
Yes i have experienced it countless times. Thats the reason i value times of worship alone wit the father because people may not be able to comprehend u at that point. When u r in God's presence, u get awed at the magnificence of His glory and u cant just stop the tears flowing freely.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Akwasi(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2010
uche13:

Yes i have experienced it countless times. Thats the reason i value times of worship alone wit the father because people may not be able to comprehend u at that point. When u r in God's presence, u get awed at the magnificence of His glory and u cant just stop the tears flowing freely.

Wow Uche it is very nice experience. The irony of it is that after the tears, the peace that comes to my heart is wonderful.

Indeed those are my best moments in life. I wish everyone could experience the peace I feel after those tears
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by yommyuk: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2010
Bethern,

It is always an overwhelming experience in the presence of the Lord. Ones spirit is always renewed. It is like bathing ones soul and spirit with a very foaming soap. Great !

There is always Joy in the presence of the Lord.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Akwasi(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
yommyuk:

Bethern,

It is always an overwhelming experience in the presence of the Lord. Ones spirit is always renewed. It is like bathing ones soul and spirit with a very foaming soap. Great !

There is always Joy in the presence of the Lord.

My brother the bolded text just sums up what really goes on. It is the only moment that our imperfections are not able to hold us down.

Why will I ever even think of not honoring this mighty God. Thank you Father
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
Akwasi:

It has never failed. There has never been an exception. During my prayer sessions, whenever I imagine the FATHER on HIS throne, I begin to weep like a baby. This goes on even when my wife is around me. It will happen when I am praying with my fellow church members.

Has it happened to you before? The irony of the issue is whenever I finish crying, I feel this joy that is always reserved for those moments.

May God bless you.

You imagine things up and still believe you are somehow in the presence of the lord, eh? Good for you. . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Akwasi(m): 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2010
mazaje:

You imagine things up and still believe you are somehow in the presence of the lord, eh? Good for you. . .

It must be a real business for you, going around and displaying ur ignorance on this forum. I pity ur soul currently. It is in the most miserable state by now.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2010
Akwasi:

It must be a real business for you, going around and displaying your ignorance on this forum. I pity your soul currently. It is in the most miserable state by now.

What everrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . .At least I don't sit around imagining things up and feeling all so special and warm about my imaginations. . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by alexleo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2010
yes i do experience it too. And in most cases i find myself speaking in tongues. I mean speaking in other people's language as recorded in acts 2:6-11 and i will stop so as to revert to the original language i was praying with but each time i opened my mouth  i  still find myself speaking another language coupled with the overwhelming joy that floods my soul. I dont know any other langauge apart from my  own language and english but it marvels me when i hear myself speaking what sounds like yoruba or one nigerdelta language. Immediately i finish praying i forget what i ve spoken but the joy of it remains for a long time. God is great. .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2010
alexleo:

yes i do experience it too. And in most cases i find myself speaking in tongues. [b]I mean speaking in other people's language [/b]as recorded in acts 2:6-11 and i will stop so as to revert to the original language i was praying with but each time i opened my mouth  i  still find myself speaking another language coupled with the overwhelming joy that floods my soul. I dont know any other langauge apart from my  own language and english but it marvels me when i hear myself speaking what sounds like yoruba or one nigerdelta language. Immediately i finish praying i forget what i ve spoken but the joy of it remains for a long time. God is great. .

You don't know any other language beside english and your native language, but you know when you are speaking another person's language, eh?. . Interesting. . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by noetic16(m): 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2010
Akwasi:

May God bless you.

Yes I have. Also try and imagine Jesus bleeding on the cross just before His death. . .u would feel the same emotion.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Tonyet1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
Mazaje

I bet you wont understand this experience, its truly unique wink
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Akwasi(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2010
alexleo:

yes i do experience it too. And in most cases i find myself speaking in tongues. I mean speaking in other people's language as recorded in acts 2:6-11 and i will stop so as to revert to the original language i was praying with but each time i opened my mouth  i  still find myself speaking another language coupled with the overwhelming joy that floods my soul. I dont know any other langauge apart from my  own language and english but it marvels me when i hear myself speaking what sounds like yoruba or one nigerdelta language. Immediately i finish praying i forget what i ve spoken but the joy of it remains for a long time. God is great. .

Wow Alex, that is really special for you. May the Almighty bless you and continue to flood your heart with such experience and fill ur tongue with new language always.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

Mazaje

I bet you wont understand this experience, its truly unique  wink

I have been there, done that and seen it all, I used to be a Christian just like you and the other posters here, so believe me when I say I understand all the feelings. . . .The key word her is IMAGINATION and other things that come with it. . .Its all in the mind and the human mind is very complex and can do so many things, It can make you see things that are not there and make you have feelings that are out of this world if only you can feed it enough. . . . .It is all about yanking emotional strings, feeding your mind and letting it imagine things in a particular way. When the themes of your imaginations are about you being worthless, sinful, rubbish, filthy etc, and now some  loving, good and powerful father figure loves you and has hurt himself  badly to be with you and save you from your sins, what do you expect the emotion to be if you believe it?. . .It can be mind blowing. . . .Been there done that seen it all, In retrospect, it is such a cheap, shameless, juvenile emotional manipulation that people just subject themselves to and call it "God's presence" or what ever. . . . .It is the same emotion that drives Muslims(Shia) to flagellate themselves and cause serious body injuries to themselves when celebrating their religious procession, they do so just because some Imam tells them that an innocent Islamic caliphate was brutally and painfully  killed so that they can know about Islam, they are told that they themselves have to follow suit and suffer or experience what he went through before he died, they sit down imagine all what they have been told and before you know it they are up with whips and knifes flagellating themselves and bleeding badly. . .Its all a mind game

Shia Muslims flagellate themselves during a procession
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by caticati: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2010
Wow, i don't even know what to call this, in this awareness age? God help us all.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
caticati:

Wow, i don't even know what to call this, in this awareness age? God help us all.

Some Christians still do it too, albeit in a very different way. . . . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Yefet(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2010
@ Akwasi thats the Power of the Holy Spirit in action in you. God bless you keep on praying,reading the word and also Worshiping and Praising Him In Jesus name. I pray the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you till the day of our Lord.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Akwasi(m): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2010
Yefet:

@ Akwasi thats the Power of the Holy Spirit in action in you. God bless you keep on praying,reading the word and also Worshiping and Praising Him In Jesus name. I pray the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you till the day of our Lord.

May God bless you Yafet. May He increase ur knowledge of Him and ultimately grant you a place in His Holy bossom. Thank you my brother
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2010
The peeps in here are busy imagining things that give them warm and special feelings and patting each other on the back, eh?. . . Good for you guys. . Let the imaginations keep flowing . . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by johndavid1(m): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2010
mazaje:

The peeps in here are busy imagining things that give them warm and special feelings and patting each other on the back, eh?. . . Good for you guys. . Let the imaginations keep flowing . . .
are you a human? undecided if you are what kind of human are you? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2010
john david:

are you a human? undecided if you are what kind of human are you? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes I am human . . . . . .Did you not read where the OP said he imagine things?. . . . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by IDINRETE: 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2010
Maz my man you are one of the few people that make me visit nairaland every second,
Maz you no well ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin jocularly though
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by wirinet(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
I love the saying "ignorance is bliss" and i also say "ignorance is paradise". Sometimes i wish i could bring myself to such levels of emotional bliss, it is just that when you understand things too much you lose the luxury of emotional intoxication, which is what i think makes us human. So i really envy you people who can get away from every day existence and enter into another world.

Having said that, such feelings is not unique to Christians, most eastern religions are able to enter such a mental and emotional state by meditation and yoga. A lot of African Religions has techniques for attaining such emotional states. Even non religious activities, like being in the presence of imagining being in the presence of our cult hero, be it Maradona, Michael Jackson or Mandela can trigger such a state of ecstatic joy.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2010
wirinet:

I love the saying "ignorance is bliss" and i also say "ignorance is paradise". Sometimes i wish i could bring myself to such levels of emotional bliss, it is just that when you understand things too much you lose the luxury of emotional intoxication, which is what i think makes us human. So i really envy you people who can get away from every day existence and enter into another world.

Having said that, such feelings is not unique to Christians, most eastern religions are able to enter such a mental and emotional state by meditation and yoga. A lot of African Religions has techniques for attaining such emotional states. Even non religious activities, like being in the presence of imagining being in the presence of our cult hero, be it Maradona,  Michael Jackson or Mandela can trigger such a state of ecstatic joy.

It happens even at secular  musical concerts, songs at a secular concert where the lyrical content is of an emotional nature, evoke very very powerful emotions to the extent that some people collapse and pass out because of too much emotion. Examples can be seen at Micheal Jackson concerts or even P square. . . I've seen lots of people shedding tears at non-religious songs at various concerts . . . . . I have seen Muslims evoke such emotional outburst when imagining things either about Mohammed or Allah their deity so its nothing exclusively Christian even though our friends in here will want to disagree. . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by VALIDATOR: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^^
The problem is that they find it difficult to think out of the box and understand that there is a general principle involved and that what they experience is not exclusive to them.
Such religious activities thrive only in societies where poverty abound. The people's ignorance is the real cause of the poverty.
Wherever the average intelligence of the people is high enough to see the larger picture,illogical religions activities begin to give way to objectivity.Most countries in Africa are still far from it.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Tonyet1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2010
Mazaje,

there are certain feeling that exceeds humans scope of understanding, i heard you saying stuff like "its all in the mind and the human mind is very complex and can do so many things, It can make you see things that are not there and make you have feelings that are out of this world if only you can feed it enough"
Ok i'll ask two questions before i drop

1. a new baby expresses emotions minutes after being born, one of which is crying, pls was there anyway this baby's mind was fed to act that way?, *respond with your quote in mind

2. Do you believe in 'spiritual possession' [a different spirit from yours comes to reside and control one's acts, deeds and lifestyle] ?

maybe with that we can have something good to talk about. cheers!
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by mazaje(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2010
Tonye-t:

Mazaje,

there are certain feeling that exceeds humans scope of understanding, i heard you saying stuff like "its all in the mind and the human mind is very complex and can do so many things, It can make you see things that are not there and make you have feelings that are out of this world if only you can feed it enough"
Ok i'll ask two questions before i drop

1. a new baby expresses emotions minutes after being born, one of which is crying, pls was there anyway this baby's mind was fed to act that way?, *respond with your quote in mind

A new born baby responds to stimuli by crying, since the baby is not fully conscious of his/her environment. . . .Crying comes naturally to a baby as a means to express it self both from internal and external stimulus. . . .I don't think a new baby has a fully developed mind per say because a new born baby can not reason, a new born baby is not fully aware of its environment at all. . .It can not fully express itself. . . . .Since a new born baby does not have a complete mind as a result of its inability to reason or think properly, my explanation does not apply to a new born baby . . . .So to answer your question I will say yes, a new born baby cries because, feeds its mind(consciousness) and makes it to act in a certain way from the stimulus it receives from the external environment. . .

2. Do you believe in 'spiritual possession' [a different spirit from yours comes to reside and control one's acts, deeds and lifestyle] ?

maybe with that we can have something good to talk about. cheers!

No, I don't believe in this per say, not that I disbelieve in it completely, but I don' use labels like spiritual possession. . . .I know people that have double personality dis-order etc. . . . .
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Image123(m): 12:21am On Jul 23, 2010
wirinet:

Having said that, such feelings is not unique to Christians, most eastern religions are able to enter such a mental and emotional state by meditation and yoga. A lot of African Religions has techniques for attaining such emotional states. Even non religious activities, like being in the presence of imagining being in the presence of our cult hero, be it Maradona, Michael Jackson or Mandela can trigger such a state of ecstatic joy.
Anyone can bring himself to a level of emotional bliss. You don't have to be a believer to do that. It's simply proof that each person is not just body. We're spirit, soul and body. The import of this is the value of eternity. When the body dies, the soul still lives and where it spends eternity is paramount, because that's just the beginning of true bliss or gloom. Ask yourself, where will i spend eternity?
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Image123(m): 12:52am On Jul 23, 2010
Such religious activities thrive only in societies where poverty abound.
Sorwe i'm not following well, what religious activities?
BTW, anybody can weep or laugh, it has little to do with poverty, talk about living inside the box. Your colleagues just talked of people displaying emotions in concerts. Some of these take place in wealthy, developed nations. People cry on national TV, people feel wowed when called up to take an award, give a speech etc. These are all proofs of human makeup. Many believe we have just bodies/flesh, and that's all they live for. But God's Word(the human manual) teaches that we all have spirit, soul and body. Not just body, not just body and mind, or body and soul.1Thessalonians 5v23 et al.
You'll agree that the body can be built naturally and deliberately. i.e one can have a natural heavy build, one can develop a natural heavy build by exercise and co.
Same way, one can develop the mind through deliberate reading/research. Also the spirit can be developed.
Obviously the soul and the spirit aren't as tangible as the body. Well neither is heat or air, but we feel them. In same way, the conscience points to the spirit. The mind points to the soul.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Image123(m): 1:25am On Jul 23, 2010
In the body, we don't all sense the same way. You may naturally have a better smell/taste than the other. Doesn't mean the other don't have nose/tongue.
Similarly, in the soul, you may naturally have a sharp mind or be more emotional than the other who seems not so sharp, or stoic. You'll agree that the two possess ability to think, love, hate, pity etc but one is more pronounced.
Similarly, in the spirit, one may have a more naturally sensitive conscience than the other, or a more spiritual tendency. All these features can be 'tweaked' or developed. That any of these is more naturally observed in one isn't an indication that it is absent in the other, it just shows that it's not developed.
Majorly, none of these features is equal to salvation. No no no. That you naturally have spiritual tendency, or sensitive conscience, or you're full of ideals, introspective, analytic, or a mind/desire for freedom, knowledge, pleasure, patience, or a body that is naturally at home with fasting, or prayer, or church work IS NOT salvation. Only Jesus the Messiah can save. Not our works or natural enduements. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. Marvel not that I say to you. You MUST be born again. John 3v6,7. To be born again is easy and it's God's desire for every human being. Only believe.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by VALIDATOR: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2010
@image123,

Emotions are displayed even by olympic medalists when receiving their medals.Please read my post with the pix in mazaje's post in mind and save me the long preaching.I was reffering particularly to religious emotions.
Re: Have You Experienced This Before? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2010
Image123:

Majorly, none of these features is equal to salvation. No no no. That you naturally have spiritual tendency, or sensitive conscience, or you're full of ideals, introspective, analytic, or a mind/desire for freedom, knowledge, pleasure, patience, or a body that is naturally at home with fasting, or prayer, or church work IS NOT salvation.
This is completely so untrue. Did your bible not clearly oppose what you just claimed? Did your bible not tell you that you have to work for your salvation? What exactly do you thing the word "work", means in this context? Shouting, "Jesus is lord", on top of your voice 24/7?

Imo, these attributes that you have so rejected offhand are the exact tools needed to get salvation. Without them, you don't stand any chance of getting salvation. Marvelling at the things of the flesh like, the worship of manmade mental image of Jesus and all those status labels attached to that image won't get you any salvation. You christians are fanatical when it comes to titles and labels attached to Jesus.They are all manmade, thus of the flesh. They are not of the spirit because status labels or titles are egoic in nature, meaning that they are of the flesh.

Image123:

Only Jesus the Messiah can save.
In what way, exactly? By going to churches? By reading the NT every minute of your life? By imaging Jesus in your mind and feeling good about it? By singing, prasing and worshiping Jesus? By paying tithes? By clinging on to manmade statuses of Jesus? If you think all these are going to get you salvation, then you are even more naive than i thought. All these things are the things of the "flesh", nothing more.

Image123:

You MUST be born again. John 3v6,7. To be born again is easy and it's God's desire for every human being. Only believe.
You do have a warped interpretation of what "to be born again" means. Rebirth goes way way way beyond just believing. Believing is to rebirth, what the starting block is to a 10,000 meters marathon race. It is only the beginning, and not the end. There is a long journey of spiritual rebirth and renewal that follows belief, and it leads to a state of enlightenment, christ consciousness, or the buddha nature. It is a long process of personal spiritual upgrading. To be reborn is not as easy as you and your religious doctrine makes it, my friend.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dot / Saudi Arabian Muslim Accepts Jesus And Rejects Muhammad - A Real Eye Opener ! / Bible Quiz For Atheists!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.