Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Thoughts On The Osun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thoughts On The Osun Election (1826 Views)

INEC Statement On The Osun Governorship Election (Photos) / Photos From PDP Osun Election Mega Rally / Suleiman Abba: 'I Was Sacked For Refusing To Rig Osun Election For PDP In 2015' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On The Osun Election by Shukuakukobambi: 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
The Osun State governorship election of yesterday has come and is still pending but despite that, it has thrown up a lot of lessons which every sensible human and political operative should heed. My man, Comrade Shehu Sani itemized some. Let me add some too

Era of thumbprinting as we saw Wike sleep over at INEC office, Aba road, to do, is impossible today with the Prof Yakubu INEC. Say what you will about declaring some units inconclusive, Today's INEC has some modicum of independence from the FG and they're trying to be transparent as 'nigerianly' possible.

Forget godfathers. Tinubu o, Saraki o, Akpabio o, Wike o etc all have a limit to what they can do henceforth. Adeleke defeated Oyetola in some Ijesha local govts as if Aregbesola had ceased to exist. You're still relevant because your people still feel you. The day they stop feeling you, you're done for. Tinubu, Saraki, take note. 2019 is pregnant.

Kin se gbogbo inu lan sa lo run. Oruko ti a ma so omo eni, inu eni longbe. Yoruba dinu. All these proverbs point to the fact that you can never predict what a Yoruba man will do but you can be rest assured that they'll pay you exactly what you deserve. To think that Aregbe's Ijesha folks looked him in the eye and messed up his candidate is a lesson even I will never forget. He got his just reward just as Fayose got his.

At the conclusion of every every, there's no fanatism about any political party today in Yoruba land. We will vote according to how we think it'll benefit us. No sentiments. GEJ 2011, Buhari 2015, it could be Atiku 2019 or remain Buhari. We will go the way we think best for us. Our placenta wasn't buried in any party. No hard feelings anywhere. Those who voted PDP, those who voted APC and those who voted SDP or ADP will be somewhere tonight close to garage olode eating lafun and abula with better ogunfe. Aye political violence koni da. Nitori tani?

Finally, for those who think Buhari won't hand over if he loses 2019, that man is the most apolitical leader this country has ever had. Maybe he doesn't understand it or he's a man of integrity or maybe he's naive or he just can't be bothered, however one thing is sure, he's not like my baba OBJ. His kitchen cabinet might try to manipulate the process o, but he won't. If any of his people e.g Amaechi, Tinubu, El rufai or Rochas wish to rig, they'll have to do it on their own.

Finally finally, Senator Ajobiewe is my new gomina? Kai!! Anyway, congratulations to him. Omo wa ni las las, kii se omo ale even if we go skelewu to govt house cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Olohunjedalo(m): 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ijesa people are backstabbers . I voted in Ilesa East
I hope APC get it right on Thursday though

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by StillX10(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
The only thought on the election is that APC got the blow of its life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Sirjamo: 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2018
Pdp robots have been foaming in the mouth since morning, as if Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke is one Chukwudi from Nnewi that's trying to be a governor in our land, even Ayo Fayose respects Tinubu as his leader, that's how we roll in west side, and if Adeleke wins, we would congratulate him and wish him success for the sake of our people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by alpha2zulu: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
If rig this election, means 2019 election would be gory.
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by dunkem21(m): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2018
Book of Lamentations cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Philistine(m): 2:01am On Sep 24, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Too late. PDP will never surrender that lead, even if it amounts bribing each of the over 3k voters with 50000naira each. Aregbesola should take responsibility for the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by FarahAideed: 5:46am On Sep 24, 2018
The election was far from being free and fair in any way infact it was a bazaar of electoral malpractice being carried out by the APC in cahoots with INEC but they just overwhelmed by the voice of the people so the quickly settled for inconclusive which is also clearly electoral malpractice at work .

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Shukuakukobambi: 5:58am On Sep 24, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Abeg don't talk like that. There's nothing like backstabbing here grin

There's free choice. No compulsion in politics or religion. Adeleke is a bonafide Yoruba like Oyetola and we could even say it's justice as Osun west has been denied govt house for too long smiley

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by gratiaeo(m): 6:02am On Sep 24, 2018
Even if APC rig them self in PDP will still win in court. The election is over inec and APC are just wasting their time
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Shukuakukobambi: 6:03am On Sep 24, 2018
Sirjamo:
Pdp robots have been foaming in the mouth since morning, as if Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke is one Chukwudi from Nnewi that's trying to be a governor in our land, even Ayo Fayose respects Tinubu as his leader, that's how we roll in west side, and if Adeleke wins, we would congratulate him and wish him success for the sake of our people.

Ati PDP o, ati APC o, omo yooba ni gbogbo wa. We are first Yoruba before being Christian, Muslim, PDP, APC or SDP.

I believe the rerun is a mere formality. We should applaud incoming gomina senator Ajobiewe. He ran a good and effective campaign cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Hector09(m): 6:26am On Sep 24, 2018
If elections in Nigeria we be free and fair and the vote counted our leaders webe performing cus Nigerians aint fools but due to my oga at d top thats why our leaders dont perform
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by EternalTruths: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2018
See this unstable Yoruba Op.

After shouting for years, that PDP is SS/SE party, he has decided to do u turn and claim that Yoruba people did not bury their placenta in any party.

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Victornezzar: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2018
Sirjamo:
Is this one okay at all??

What concerns igbos with ur election??

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Buhari2019: 7:09am On Sep 24, 2018
Hector09:
If elections in Nigeria we be free and fair and the vote counted our leaders webe performing cus Nigerians aint fools but due to my oga at d top thats why our leaders dont perform
You're right. Voters are becoming sophisticated. And it's a good development. Gone are the days where a governor won't perform and he will be seeking re-election.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Abeg don't talk like that. There's nothing like backstabbing here grin

There's free choice. No compulsion in politics or religion. Adeleke is a bonafide Yoruba like Oyetola and we could even say it's justice as Osun west has been denied govt house for too long smiley
Lol, it’s backstabbing jare. Even if Adeleke should win . It shouldn’t have been with Ilesa votes .
But I’m not really surprised anyway .ive been living in Ijesaland for 20 years . Na their way .
They’re the most complicated set of people I’ve come across. To even do business with them , you must be paranoid cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by dunkem21(m): 7:20am On Sep 24, 2018
EternalTruths:
See this unstable Yoruba Op.

After shouting for years, that PDP is SS/SE party, he has decided to do u turn and claim that Yoruba people did not bury their placenta in any party.

Don't mind the unstable tribal urchin that has been shouting that Adeleke will only be a governor in Nnewi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by EternalTruths: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2018
dunkem21:

Don't mind the unstable tribal urchin that has been shouting that Adeleke will only be a governor in Nnewi cheesy

That's my problem with most and not all Yoruba people.

Most don't think before they talk.

Now that PDP has an edge, Op just did 180° in his comments.

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by EternalTruths: 7:28am On Sep 24, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Lol, it’s backstabbing jare. Even if Adeleke should win . It shouldn’t have been with Ilesa votes .
But I’m not really surprised anyway .ive been living in Ijesaland for 20 years . Na their way .
They’re the most complicated set of people I’ve come across. To even do business with them , you must be paranoid cheesy

So you want them to vote for their son because he is their son even when he is killing them.?
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by dunkem21(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2018
EternalTruths:

You can imagine someone saying that he will deactivate his social media accounts because of an election that doesn't concern him grin

Empty headed zombies undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:40am On Sep 24, 2018
EternalTruths:

So you want them to vote for their son because he is their son even when he is killing them.?
Go and ask from your father at home cheesy
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by dunkem21(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2018
..Just imagine people that have been attacking Davido since and shouting dancing F9 senator is now humble and wants to dance Gomina @ the government house grin
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by hotwax: 7:53am On Sep 24, 2018
dunkem21:

Do you have mental blockade or what?

So Igbo voted for adeleke in osun abi? Abi no be same Yorubas voted PDP.

Take your useless tribal bigotry outa here and start using your brain for once.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by hotwax: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2018
dunkem21:
..Just imagine people that have been attacking Davido since and shouting dancing F9 senator is now humble and wants to dance Gomina @ the government house grin

Yeah it shows Yorubas are not loyal to any party.
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by hotwax: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2018
EternalTruths:

PDP has an edge because Igbo voted for them in osun abi.

Is it that most Igbo have mental inadequacies?

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by dunkem21(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2018
hotwax:

Do you have mental blockade or what?

So Igbo voted for adeleke in osun abi? Abi no be same Yorubas voted PDP.

Take your useless tribal bigotry outa here and start using your brain for once.

Read the statement you quoted again but slowly this time then remove the hotwax on your brain before it gets cold tongue

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by dunkem21(m): 7:59am On Sep 24, 2018
hotwax:

Yeah it shows Yorubas are not loyal to any party.

..and I was thinking that PDP is an IPOB party cheesy

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by EternalTruths: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2018
dunkem21:

Read the statement you quoted again but slowly this time then remove the hotwax on your brain before it gets cold tongue

Hotwax just proved why I said a lot of them don't think before they talk.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by hotwax: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2018
dunkem21:

No u have blockade there. You are making it look as if yoruba tribe hate PDP.

I am asking you Mr slowpoke, who voted for PDP in osun?

Igbo?

The op is right. We Yorubas are not loyal to any party.

I was chanting change few years ago, right now I'm considering saraki Cuz buhari is not delivering.

That's how an average yoruba think. The op is a yoruba man, he understand this, you are Igbo, you got no clue
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by hotwax: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2018
EternalTruths:

Hotwax just proved why I said a lot of them don't think before they talk.

And I said most igbos are illogical..you give in to sentiment instead of reason. You are an example.
Re: Thoughts On The Osun Election by hotwax: 8:04am On Sep 24, 2018
dunkem21:

..and I was thinking that PDP is an IPOB party cheesy

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Those are apc supporters. Zombies...other Yorubas like myself..call us yoruba Christians still have our common sense working.

So stop generalizing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Strike Looms As FG, Workers Disagree On New Minimum Wage | See Price / This Is My Last Wish Ojukwu To Peter Obi (pics) / BREAKING: 10 Ogun Lawmakers, Amosun’s Aides, Others Dump APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.