Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone (715 Views)

Two Female Nigerian Students Caught Fighting Over A Boy (pic) / Stunning Israeli Female Soldiers, Young Women, Aged 18-20, Serving In The IDF / 5 Great Sex Positions If You Don’t Live Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by BossNation(m): 1:56am On Sep 25, 2018
Hello everyone
So there's this area bro of mine who came to my side this night and he said he need me to talk to his mom or I should help him out with the best approach just to convince his mom to let him be.
Because;
This is a state with little or nothing economic activities
He is fed up with his moms attitude..lols tongue
He needs certifications that will help him in future but such schools are not available in this state.
To the best of my knowledge he has a very good reason to move out because he is literally idle here and money ain't the problem here
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by OneCorner: 2:48am On Sep 25, 2018
No. 27 is the right age.
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by BossNation(m): 2:59am On Sep 25, 2018
OneCorner:
No. 27 is the right age.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 25, 2018
i started living alone before age 18. way far away from family in my own apartment

the only danger out there is negative peer influence and not every child is strong enough to dodge it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by BossNation(m): 3:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Igbokiller:
i started living alone before age 18. way far away from family in my own apartment

the only danger out there is negative peer influence and not every child is strong enough to dodge it
yeah you're right about the peer pressure thingy but this lad seems quite sensible to me cos I think he's in the system early and he kinda understand how most stuffs work like situation of 9ja and the fact that this life is 200% your responsibility so he's trying to take advantage of the fact that age is still on his side.
Tbh am blank on the best way to advice his mom on how to let him leave....
Any clue?
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by chiommy123(f): 5:26am On Sep 25, 2018
No way iam allowing any of my child. They're pursuing whatever they want under my care and watch until they graduate and ( are employed )
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 25, 2018
BossNation:

yeah you're right about the peer pressure thingy but this lad seems quite sensible to me cos I think he's in the system early and he kinda understand how most stuffs work like situation of 9ja and the fact that this life is 200% your responsibility so he's trying to take advantage of the fact that age is still on his side.
Tbh am blank on the best way to advice his mom on how to let him leave....
Any clue?
lets start with hos education approach.is he still in secondary school? if yes let him finish secondary school and gain tertiary admission,use the opportunity to get his own accomodation. if hes in uni already then he cam easily ask to get his own place to avoid distractions and attend "early compulsory group studies"
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 25, 2018
chiommy123:
No way iam allowing any of my child. They're pursuing whatever they want under my care and watch until they graduate and ( are employed )
and u think they cant be corrupted under ur watch easily?

look its when u harbor them under u u give them experience on how to deceive and outmanoevre a "buggy parent" allow them to face life early and get used to it under ur supervision cos even if they pursue their dreams under ur blouse ,life is always bring them challenges .and when u hold them tight with little or no real freedom like u say u would,...hm lets hope u still retain those "babies" u hid under ur blouse and eyes after four years
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by dingbang(m): 6:58am On Sep 25, 2018
The idea of living alone is to enable a man fend for himself
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Shugavee(f): 7:00am On Sep 25, 2018
Y not?
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2018
He is legally allowed to stay on his own at that age.

But as an African, with all that restrictions and what not, he's still a child
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Wilfredpat22(f): 9:38am On Sep 25, 2018
chiommy123:

That is why you still think like a baby and yet you will still open your legs for a man who has well furnished apartment

I left my parents house at 21, a man should leave even at 19 at most. Your youthfulness must be utilized at this point. No time for Mummy and Daddy send me money.
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by BossNation(m): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2018
Igbokiller:
lets start with hos education approach.is he still in secondary school? if yes let him finish secondary school and gain tertiary admission,use the opportunity to get his own accomodation. if hes in uni already then he cam easily ask to get his own place to avoid distractions and attend "early compulsory group studies"
He's out of sec school but jamb don do am strong thing lol
so he wants to go to noun and that way he's gonna learn lots of trade before he graduates
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by BossNation(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

That is why you still think like a baby and yet you will still open your legs for a man who has well furnished apartment

I left my parents house at 21, a man should leave even at 19 at most. Your youthfulness must be utilized at this point. No time for Mummy and Daddy send me money.
Oya tutor us about how you approach Popman and his reaction now
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Wilfredpat22(f): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2018
BossNation:

Oya tutor us about how you approach Popman and his reaction now

I usually pay for some little bills around the house , (Dustbin, Nepa, and I do repair the electronics that get spoilt) my behavior at home already showed I can live practically on my own so when I brought the issue. He said no problem. 4 days later I packed my stuff and he gave me some money to support my self and I moved to far north central (ABUJA)

No bed as I slept on the floor for the first 2 months but whEn he asks I will tell him I have bought bed. To be a independent woman in this harsh world is something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2018
BossNation:

He's out of sec school but jamb don do am strong thing lol
so he wants to go to noun and that way he's gonna learn lots of trade before he graduates
if hes the unserious type dont help him leave his parents.he has to be morally and emtionally strong before he can leave.i left my parents because i was confident of myself morally and emotionally tho i faced hell hard times,i overcame those challenges .i didnt even send the ladies back then and still dont up till now as a working class

if hes strong by ur evalution,he can apply to noun study centre outside his parents zone and he can bill them

1 Like

Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by BossNation(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Igbokiller:
if hes the unserious type dont help him leave his parents.he has to be morally and emtionally strong before he can leave.i left my parents because i was confident of myself morally and emotionally tho i faced hell hard times,i overcame those challenges .i didnt even send the ladies back then and still dont up till now as a working class

if hes strong by ur evalution,he can apply to noun study centre outside his parents zone and he can bill them
alright bro cool
Re: Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone by chiommy123(f): 11:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

take this your ill behavior somewhere else. no wonder you behave the way you do

(1) (Reply)

Introvert Alert / Help Needed On Pūssÿ Issues!!! / Very Urgent Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.