Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. (1479 Views)

How The Gift I Innocently Got For My Boss's Daughter Got Me Into Trouble / Pls I Need A Serious Relationship Inrespect Of Any Tribe I Reside In Lagos Call / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 05, 2007
Hello all,
I met this new guy sometimes back and he was a big relief considering all i have been through in the past, i am Yoruba and he is Delta. I used to say i could never fall in love with someone from a different tribe but i guess its now a case of never say never because this guy has knocked me off my feet. He is serious and i can foresee a future. The main problem now is how to go about getting my parents consent because i have always been warned not to even consider dating someone from another tribe.There is no problem from his side so that means one less trouble for us.We are so in love and i don't want to loose him due to tribal differences which i consider as trivial because i guess its happiness that matters most.
Please i will like to hear your suggestions on this issue that concerns a fellow nairalander.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by kobe(m): 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2007
its now a case of never say never because this guy has knocked me off my feet.

Whew, he was that good? unbelievable. I can only imagine how many times you , in one round. /sarc.
I always say I'll prefer to marry a yoruba girl too sha, call me shallow. It is just extremely hard to come across one that is diligent, especially here where i'm located. good luck telling your parents, but don't mistake infatuation with love I urge.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2007
Thanks @ Kobe I think i know when am in love, but normally relationships for me is 50-50(a risk),so whatever happens,guys don't usually surprise me.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by kobe(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2007
you say that now, tomorrow he starts banging the girl next door then you throw him out. being frank, you're not in love yet, you're only beginning to fall in love, you'll know that you're in love when you've endured love with him.
not just flings. ok I'm just being frank.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by jgirl3: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2007
aysometin, I feel your pain. It's good for you to tell your parents first. Even if they've warned you against another tribe, it's best to let them know him they might actually like him. But if not, then you'll have to choose btw them and the guy you love, which is a very drastic decision.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by OmoEko1(f): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2007
Girl go with the flowwwwwwwwwwww, don't let this trip issue comes stop you from family in LOVE

Even my mum older sister(Yoruba) got married to a Delta guy and they have been married for 25yrs now and still happy with each other.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by cuteass1(f): 1:34am On Apr 06, 2007
Dearie there is a saying that "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder", how could i forget this one "when God says yes, no man (how dare anyone)say no?"

Now as human beings there are things we wish they'll be, and we want them to be like that, but change is one thing in life that is always constant wink

who said your people can't have a change of mind?? cheesy

you just have to make them see how happy he makes you,  how much you guys love each other, how compartible you are and how he is your dream guy. Isn't that what everybody wants for their family member?. They might even end up loving him more than you do (ok, maybe i exaggereted a bit but its not imposible)

If you guys are meant to be then somehow, somewhat they will support the marriage so the sooner you started telling them about him, the sooner they'll start welcoming the idea. Don't expect everybody to give you their blessings (you can't even expect that if you were getting married to someone of the same religion), but eventually as time goes on and you guys prove the strength of your marriage the rest will comply and accept the marriage

And don't get your hopes high that any of your family members will accept him right away after you've broken the news, because i'm sure they're going to need sometime to look at it from the positive side. Their meeting him might even be the the solution, because atimes you need someone's presence to be blown off your feet
if he charms them, i'm sure they'll give you all their blessings cheesy

cicumstances and situations are capable of making people change their opinions and your case can be one of those situations. You just have to give them the chance to prove that fact wink
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by macalurs(m): 2:15am On Apr 06, 2007
one thing  in life is sure: change is always.

All you have to do is be patient, and wait. If he's the right guy, (as in-- HIM), you're going to be just fine.

What I do when I get to check points as these is, I try to imagine, say 2yrs from now. Then the answer almost becomes obvious: you don't know future, so all you have is the truth you tell yourself now--(or don't tell).

Plan more, worry less. smiley
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2007
@ Kobe u are bin mean, for Christs sake d girl needed help and the least u could do was just to help her out!!

@aysometin --babe, ur case is similar to mine. Got this guy from Kogi state i loved sooo much but it was just a pity we couldnt make it 2 the isle. im from Anambra n my folks are ever so strict abt marrying from my state and not somewia else. he loved me more than anytin and we dated for 3 yrs before i decided the best thing 4 us 2 do is just 2 go our separate ways. He neva got ova it(me 2) but i had to be srong for us.
it was difficult gettin him to see things from my perspective cos he actually saw nothing wrong wit it but i tried to explain to him.
try 2 explain things and i believe he will understand ok. if worst comes to worst that u guys have to separate, find someone new.
best of luck dear.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2007
Thanks all for your encouragement especially cute-ass, girl you rock. We have both made up our minds to stand by each other and see how it goes with my parents. I know if God wants it to be he will see us through. I am yet to tell them though but i know it will come to that soon. He is really supportive on all this and keeps reassuring me that he is ready to fight the tribe battle and win.That gives me strength and makes me want to forge ahead
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by younggeez: 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2007
u must be a sucka 4 damning about where sb is from.it is least important.u must make others believe in wateva u n the sb have.make them envy you swthrt
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by cuteass1(f): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2007
aysometin:

Thanks all for your encouragement especially cute-ass, girl you rock. We have both made up our minds to stand by each other and see how it goes with my parents. I know if God wants it to be he will see us through. I am yet to tell them though but i know it will come to that soon. He is really supportive on all this and keeps reassuring me that he is ready to fight the tribe battle and win.That gives me strength and makes me want to forge ahead

thanks dear and you're welcome. If this guy is your only chance tolove, happiness and dream-marriage, then you'll absolutely not give him up without a fight. Noone ever said good things came easily wink

good luck hun cheesy
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2007
young geez:

u must be a sucka 4 damning about where sb is from.it is least important.u must make others believe in whatever u n the sb have.make them envy you swthrt
I must be a sucka because of my opinions that have since changed uhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, nice one.Anyhow thanks for the advice that came after the rude statement @young geez, no hard feelings.And most definitely their is no giving up without a fight.I guess the only race is the human race and God created everyone.Everyday that passes with this guy makes me stronger and i am ready to face the storm.I just need suggestions on how to go about it then i can combine all together.
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 28, 2011
just run away together cheesy
Re: Am In Love With Someone From A Different Tribe-i Smell Trouble. by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2011
yeah, run away together.

the woman can kidnap the guy sef if e no wan gree.

just tell him if you cant have him, then nobody will.

he probably already knows you carry a gun, so should be easy as pie.

(1) (Reply)

Never Fall In Love With A Stranger / At What Point Does A Man Begin To Feel Smouldered In A Relationship? Abeg / Can You Lie To Your Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.