Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,211 members, 7,839,119 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (18918 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by cheetahcub(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2006
Haba Pastor A., I been de respect you b4 but you fall my hand big time, I de shame embarassed
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by AguNwoke(m): 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2006
Was it not this same Pastor, that was "allegedly" being investigated for fraud and mis-appropriation of church funds last year
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2006
AguNwoke:

Was it not this same Pastor, that was "allegedly" being investigated for fraud and mis-appropriation of church funds last year
that was Matthew Ashimolowo of KICC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4319856.stm
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2006
Joftech,

have you heard of anyone who sid he was paid to testify? Are these not people living in Nigeria? There have been thousands of these miracles and noone has been made to come out to disgrace these preachers.

At least the money would need some topping form time to time aint it?

The NBC are the ones with the question mark over their heads.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 8:28pm On Jan 23, 2006
Joftech,

have you heard of anyone who sid he was paid to testify? Are these not people living in Nigeria? There have been thousands of these miracles and noone has been made to come out to disgrace these preachers.

If anyone accuses me of any wrong-doing the best i can do is to prove him wrong. Why has NBC not been proved wrong since all these years.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by wahalaman(m): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2006
Hallucination !!!

everybody wants to be the mouth of God
I beg make I hear word.
Let him go find something better to do with his time.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2006
You forget that this is Nigeria.

The fact that they have been proven wrong dosnt mean the programs will be on tv immediately.

They have been taken to court in different states of the federation and have been proven wrong. Some state stations have begun showing the programs again.

They have even been proven wrong on nairaland, thank you.

Those who are actually behind the bann are not even seen at the fore-front of this fight.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 1:36am On Jan 25, 2006
donnie:

Joftech,

By the same token noone has come out to indicate that yes, they have indeed been cured. I would think there would be at least ten people out of the thousands who if they were truely cured, would be willing to come out, have their medical records examined, and shown to be a true recipient of a miracle. If I had been blind, all my doctors telling me I'd never see, and I was cured, and I keep hearing about people doubting the miracles of christ, I know I wouldn't stay mute. So, where are these people? I can understand a fraudster wanting to stay in hiding.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by AguNwoke(m): 3:07am On Jan 25, 2006
ijebuman:

that was Matthew Ashimolowo of KICC

@Ijebuman: It was him, but I think they never proceeded with the charges, I saw his photo on back of a london bus and everyone said he was also being queried at the time (I doubt if I'm wrong).
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2006
Allonym,

Why do you pretend as though you dont know where to find such cases. I am one of such cases. I'm sure on naira land you cn get some others.

If you are in nigeria, send me a mail and i will take you to see some recipients of miracles. What makes you think none of them have come out to say they have been healed?

What about those you see on tv. testifying?

if you are living in Nigeria, it is not uncommon to see somone you know testifying on tv.

Why do you think the crowds keep increasing? Do you think people are that gullibe?

It is because the miracles not going unnoticed.

Most of those shown on tv have medical reports to show you.

I can speak for my church.

If you are serious, visit any christembassy around you and find out for yourself. i'm sure you'll
find some there

...otherwise, i'll see you and the NBC as birds of the same feather.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 5:11am On Jan 26, 2006
why do people continue to fall for 419 scams?

I suppose ultimately, it means people are gullible,

or we can look at it this way, someone is taking advantage of their hope against all hope.

Just like the 419er searches for the one person who would actually believe this is their once in a lifetime chance to make money and they are the lucky person not being scammed, so do many people who flock to some preacher or another.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 9:48am On Jan 26, 2006
You do not look as though you are searching for truth...or even the facts.

Even Nferyn, the most popular atheist on nairaland is willing to find out things for hinmself. He has promised to attend a healing service with pastor Chris soon.

What i see with you is that you are unwilling to let go of the pre-conceptions which you already have in your mind. You have not told me of any particular case of fraud that you know and you havent even shown  any willingness  to find out things for yourself. As it is now, there is no other way to prove it to you other than to have you see a miracle happen live before your eyes.

Now i think you can appreciate the stand of NBC in their reluctance to check things out for themselves.

And you know what? ...we don't really care. We are doing a lot already around the world people are getting blessed all around the world. Our programs are on air in several countries and in every continent of the world. They even call us, asking to have us on their tv stations.

Pastor Chris was in South Africa and the city of Johannesburg has not remained the same since then. There is fire burning!

Thousnads were healed of deafness, lameness, stroke, paralysis, Hiv etc.

The miracles were documented. You can go to SA and find out for yourself. Or will you say he hired people there also to pretend? All those enlightend people ... white and black alike?

In Europe and America its the same thing.  testimonies keep pouring in from around the world, even from viewers of the TV programs who get healed by wathcing.

Recently, the president of Togo sent a delegation to pastor Chris, asking him to come and hold a crusade in their country. Pastor has agreed to go.

It will be another rain of the miraculous.

I remember some years ago, a friend of mine came exitedly to church with his nephew who had his genotype changed form SS to AA. I talked with the little boy and even played with him. He testified in church to the glory of God. That boy is still alive and sound and his medical reportsa re avialable to show.

Oh may God grant you grace to believe in his power to heal and to save.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2006
Please enjoy this bible passage...

I had a good laugh reading it:

John 9
1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

6When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

8The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?

9Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

10Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

11He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

12Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

13They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.

14And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

15Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

16Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

17They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

19And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

21But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.

22These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

23Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

24Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

28Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.

29We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

30The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.

31Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

32Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

34They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

35Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

39And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2006
donnie:

You do not look as though you are searching for truth...or even the facts.

Even Nferyn, the most popular atheist on nairaland is willing to find out things for hinmself. He has promised to attend a healing service with pastor Chris soon.

What i see with you is that you are unwilling to let go of the pre-conceptions which you already have in your mind. You have not told me of any particular case of fraud that you know and you havent even shown any willingness to find out things for yourself. As it is now, there is no other way to prove it to you other than to have you see a miracle happen live before your eyes.

Now i think you can appreciate the stand of NBC in their reluctance to check things out for themselves.

And you know what? ...we don't really care. We are doing a lot already around the world people are getting blessed all around the world. Our programs are on air in several countries and in every continent of the world. They even call us, asking to have us on their tv stations.

Pastor Chris was in South Africa and the city of Johannesburg has not remained the same since then. There is fire burning!

Thousnads were healed of deafness, lameness, stroke, paralysis, Hiv etc.

The miracles were documented. You can go to SA and find out for yourself. Or will you say he hired people there also to pretend? All those enlightend people ... white and black alike?

In Europe and America its the same thing. testimonies keep pouring in from around the world, even from viewers of the TV programs who get healed by wathcing.

Recently, the president of Togo sent a delegation to pastor Chris, asking him to come and hold a crusade in their country. Pastor has agreed to go.

It will be another rain of the miraculous.

I remember some years ago, a friend of mine came exitedly to church with his nephew who had his genotype changed form SS to AA. I talked with the little boy and even played with him. He testified in church to the glory of God. That boy is still alive and sound and his medical reportsa re avialable to show.

Oh may God grant you grace to believe in his power to heal and to save.

This doesn't make sense. So because I refuse to believe that miracles occurred and someone was healed when NOBODY who has been healed will come forward and say submit themselves for examination by independent scientists/doctors, I look like i'm not searching for truth or facts. Or is it because I'm not telling you that I'm actively going to search.

In fact, I don't see why I should have to look any further. So far, nobody has given me any concrete evidence to support their claim that someone was healed miraculously. I'm not going to waste my time fact-checking everything people feel like they want to say. If you want to convince me, then do it with real evidence.

Why are your words not enough, because you could be making it up. We don't swear to tell the truth when we join this forum. Telling the truth is not part of the forum rules. Even if it was or we did, nobody can compel you to do so over the internet. So you see, when someone comes to me with fantastic stories of people being healed left and right and not ONE single concrete shred of evidence, I tend to discount it. . .just like i don't listen to people who tell me the government is hiding the truth about aliens.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2006
donnie:

<wishful thinking on//>wow this i would love to see <off//>

Exploits of another 'miracle' pastor
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3699356.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3672838.stm

My sis is SS and has been attending christ embassy for a long time and she has never mentioned this 'miracle' before smiley
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2006
@allonym
great response
If everyone asked for facts and evidence before repeating a story or reacting to it, Nigeria will not be in the mess it constantly finds itself in. The recent brouhaha over the killer GSM virus is a typical case of what happens when people lose sight of logic and just repeat rumours without checking the facts.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by nicetohave(m): 6:18am On Jan 30, 2006
allonym:

This doesn't make sense. So because I refuse to believe that miracles occurred and someone was healed when NOBODY who has been healed will come forward and say submit themselves for examination by independent scientists/doctors, I look like i'm not searching for truth or facts. Or is it because I'm not telling you that I'm actively going to search.

In fact, I don't see why I should have to look any further. So far, nobody has given me any concrete evidence to support their claim that someone was healed miraculously. I'm not going to waste my time fact-checking everything people feel like they want to say. If you want to convince me, then do it with real evidence.

Why are your words not enough, because you could be making it up. We don't swear to tell the truth when we join this forum. Telling the truth is not part of the forum rules. Even if it was or we did, nobody can compel you to do so over the internet. So you see, when someone comes to me with fantastic stories of people being healed left and right and not ONE single concrete shred of evidence, I tend to discount it. . .just like i don't listen to people who tell me the government is hiding the truth about aliens.

You are right allonym, only regrettably to your loss, why?

1) miracles do happen everyday, miraculous healings do happen also.............and they are being substantiated by independent doctors.
2) How do you suggest he proves it to you on this forum, if you read it on a website because i post it there will you believe it?

3) the most unfortunate part of it? to know the truth, you have to seek it, if you do not see any is your reason for not believing it, good for you but it is also because you did not seek it, your gain if that is the way you see it but the truth will not come looking for you, why dont you stay home and not enroll in a knowledge enriching institution, vis a viz, primary, seconday and tertiary institutions and expect to get educated?........mark my word, dont search for it, and you shall live in eternal and blissful ignorance.

My people perish for lack of knowledge
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2006
Thanx dear.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by devessel(m): 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2006
HELLO I NO DEY FEEL YOU AT ALL AM ONE OF THE REDEEMERS HE CAN NOT LIE PLEASE LIVE THE ISSUE OR FACE THE WRATH OF GOD
REMAIN FOCUSED
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ono(m): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2006
Hmnnnn. This one is really tough.

One thing I know is that our country needs prayers. I believe in the Man of God, Pastor EA Adeboye. When he said we would have had 49 plane crashes in 49 days, and has so far not come back to say he made a mistake in saying so, then, this calls for serious inward searching by all Nigerians.

This is a time for sober reflections. Where have we gone wrong in this country? What can we do to get back on track with our Maker? 49 plane crashes in 49 days! this mean the Lord our God is angry with us!!! Why can't we see this from the spiritual angle?

Ha! myself, I will have to change my attitude towards many things o. At this stage, Nigeria must have become another Sodom and Gomorrah - marked out for destruction!! God have mercy on us. And we did not know of it. Remember what happened to those two old testament cities? Nobody believed Lot until fire from the skies razed down the two cities for such sins as homosexuality, incest, etc etc. Archaeologists have just discovered the sites of these two cities.

I'll advise everyone to repent of their evil ways and seek the Lord while He's near.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2006
nicetohave:

You are right allonym, only regrettably to your loss, why?

1) miracles do happen everyday, miraculous healings do happen also, and they are being substantiated by independent doctors.
2) How do you suggest he proves it to you on this forum, if you read it on a website because i post it there will you believe it?

3) the most unfortunate part of it? to know the truth, you have to seek it, if you do not see any is your reason for not believing it, good for you but it is also because you did not seek it, your gain if that is the way you see it but the truth will not come looking for you, why don't you stay home and not enroll in a knowledge enriching institution, vis a viz, primary, seconday and tertiary institutions and expect to get educated?, mark my word, don't search for it, and you shall live in eternal and blissful ignorance.

My people perish for lack of knowledge

I agree about people perishing for a lack of knowledge. There are plenty of ignorant people out there following every person who calls themselves a miracle worker. They don't know the truth, they don't even bother to attempt to discover the truth even though their so called miracle worker is right in their midst.

There is an easy way to prove things.

Example, in high school, I participated in an oratorical essay contest. I can scan my 1st place certificate, my certificate of attendance at the regional competition, bank statements indicating my receipt of the prize money (it shows who the money came from), newspaper clippings, and the organization's website still records my feat. I'm pretty sure they also have paper records so if necessary, I could get copies of those to prove it.

I can prove I'm a student of my university. I can have 15+ professors here ALL sign letters which say I've taken a class from them. I can have secretaries, deans, provosts, and other administrators write similar letters indicating I was a student here. If you ever come to my school with a news crew and interview these people, they will not suddenly forget I was a student here. My student records will not disappear into thin air. So, those records exist. I have participated in numerous academic programs, worked a couple jobs, all which require some connection with my university. Essentially, almost everyone who knows me knows what school I goto. If I needed to prove to someone now, 2 days from now, five years from now, 20 years from now, or the minute before I died, I will be able to do it!

In order for me to apply to grad schools, I have to prove I'm who I say I am. Paper and electronic records must be transmitted, independently of me which confirm this information. Even if I wanted to, at this point, it is practically impossible for me to ever erase all evidence of me attending my university.

If I was blind from birth and given my sight, heck, if I lost my sight at the age of 10 and regained it later through a miraculous healing, you can be sure I could prove to anyone who wished to know that I was miraculously cured. Not only would I do it, I would actually feel it is my duty to do so. Ever notice how in the bible, almost everyone who was healed ran out telling everyone they could, even though Jesus told them to go and tell no one about it? Yeah, you couldn't shut me up if I was miraculously healed.

So, you come to me with BS about people being healed and there being no way to prove it. Unless in Nigeria, people who are healed miraculously are immediately shot, all their family, friends, doctors are put to death, and so there is no way anyone could possibly verify the miracle, then there should be at least one person whose entire life history is open from birth to healing. And, to my knowledge, there is not even ONE such person.

That is the damn shame. I hear soo much of all these healers and healings and crap, and not one single shred of evidence. And i'm just supposed to believe.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2006
allonym:

I agree about people perishing for a lack of knowledge. There are plenty of ignorant people out there following every person who calls themselves a miracle worker. They don't know the truth, they don't even bother to attempt to discover the truth even though their so called miracle worker is right in their midst.

Is that what you thinK? Is is really anyone who says he does miracles or that publicises miracles that has a crowd following him? Is this the result of your research or you ar just spaking bitterness against what you do not understand? If that were so, then anyone who said he does niracles would have a cowd araound him. But i tell you, there are many fake prophets and diviners who shout on the top of their voices on our streets but have only a few people at time to decieve, and just 4 a while before they find out they are being decieved.

allonym:

There is an easy way to prove things.

Example, in high school, I participated in an oratorical essay contest. I can scan my 1st place certificate, my certificate of attendance at the regional competition, bank statements indicating my receipt of the prize money (it shows who the money came from), newspaper clippings, and the organization's website still records my feat. I'm pretty sure they also have paper records so if necessary, I could get copies of those to prove it.

I can prove I'm a student of my university.

Really, can you prove that to me here?

Is it not possible to get fake credetials?
allonym:

I can have 15+ professors here ALL sign letters which say I've taken a class from them.

And who cannot show you doctors reports and certificates. They have been shown severally on TV. Doctors have been interviewed over certain cases. I have my healing school magazines here with me, with people who have certificates to prove that they were ill with docors signatures and addresses of the clinics.

allonym:

I can have secretaries, deans, provosts, and other administrators write similar letters indicating I was a student here. If you ever come to my school with a news crew and interview these people, they will not suddenly forget I was a student here.

I do not have that time brother, just like the NBC. But however, some newspapers have come around to report on the healing school and they were taken to the homes of some of these recipients.

Nevertheless, we are too busy conquering new ground to be bothered about small people like NBC. We are by far bigger than they are.

The healing ministry is not a show but a ministry, get that? We live them in God's hands 'cos he sent us.
allonym:

My student records will not disappear into thin air.

Thanx to Naijarita news. I see that is where you get your inspiration.

allonym:

So, those records exist. I have participated in numerous academic programs, worked a couple jobs, all which require some connection with my university. Essentially, almost everyone who knows me knows what school I goto.

Did those healed drop from the moon? Are they not Nigerians? , Thousands of them are shown on TV all over this country.

allonym:

If I needed to prove to someone now, 2 days from now, five years from now, 20 years from now, or the minute before I died, I will be able to do it!

Those recipients will only feel pity for you as they are presently rejoicing in the love of God and sharing that love and their testimony with as many as they come across , too happy to be bothered if one person somewhere is angry that they are being blessed.

allonym:

In order for me to apply to grad schools, I have to prove I'm who I say I am. Paper and electronic records must be transmitted, independently of me which confirm this information. Even if I wanted to, at this point, it is practically impossible for me to ever erase all evidence of me attending my university.

If I was blind from birth and given my sight, heck, if I lost my sight at the age of 10 and regained it later through a miraculous healing, you can be sure I could prove to anyone who wished to know that I was miraculously cured. Not only would I do it, I would actually feel it is my duty to do so. Ever notice how in the bible, almost everyone who was healed ran out telling everyone they could, even though Jesus told them to go and tell no one about it? Yeah, you couldn't shut me up if I was miraculously healed.

They still do so today, its just a pity that some today, like those high priests in Jesus day will rather chose to stand against the work of God causing others to think the Word is a lie, like they did, bribing the soldiers who came to report of Jesus' resurrection to lie that his body was stolen.

allonym:

So, you come to me with BS about people being healed and there being no way to prove it.

There are too many lost souls out there on their way to hell to bother ourselves with the fact that someone in Nairaland is refusing to believe the truth before his eyes.

allonym:

Unless in Nigeria, people who are healed miraculously are immediately shot, all their family, friends, doctors are put to death, and so there is no way anyone could possibly verify the miracle, then there should be at least one person whose entire life history is open from birth to healing.

Thanx to Nigerita, if i may ask, wer you involved in any of those verification processes yourself? 'cos you choose to believe that so easily.

allonym:

And, to my knowledge, there is not even ONE such person.

Pity, that is to ur knowledge.

allonym:

That is the damn shame. I hear soo much of all these healers and healings and crap, and not one single shred of evidence. And i'm just supposed to believe

You are not under compulsion to believe. Just like you are you are not under any compulsion to believe that Jesus rose from the death, victorious over death and hell.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ForJesus: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2006
I refrain from commenting on pastors or specific individuals, but I advise that we apply our hearts to wisdom. Check the Scriptures, and don't blindly follow any pastor, no matter how much "anointing" you think he has. He is not greater than any of the apostles. The Bible says, "Prove all things; hold fast to that which is true." We would do well to obey that Scripture.
With that said, I have a healthy regard for Pastor Adeboye, just because he seems to be a humble preacher. However, he's not the 4th person in the Godhead. He will have my humble respect, but I will only obey the Lord. That is the attitude we should all have.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 12:07am On Feb 18, 2006
donnie:

Is that what you thinK? Is is really anyone who says he does miracles or that publicises miracles that has a crowd following him? Is this the result of your research or you ar just spaking bitterness against what you do not understand? If that were so, then anyone who said he does niracles would have a cowd araound him. But i tell you, there are many fake prophets and diviners who shout on the top of their voices on our streets but have only a few people at time to decieve, and just 4 a while before they find out they are being decieved.

No, not all con men are successful.

donnie:

Really, can you prove that to me here?

I could, but there is no point in doing so.

donnie:

Is it not possible to get fake credetials?

You think I can create a fake university and introduce you to people who all pretend to have known me as a student?

donnie:

And who cannot show you doctors reports and certificates. They have been shown severally on TV. Doctors have been interviewed over certain cases. I have my healing school magazines here with me, with people who have certificates to prove that they were ill with docors signatures and addresses of the clinics.

In the interviews, there are no records discussed or the doctor hadn't started treating the person till after the "healing" or some other hole in the story.

donnie:

I do not have that time brother, just like the NBC. But however, some newspapers have come around to report on the healing school and they were taken to the homes of some of these recipients.

What paper? Where is the news? You claim to have some, is it that hard to disclose the name of the paper and the date and author of the article? I can check if you're lying or not from there.

donnie:

Thanx to Naijarita news. I see that is where you get your inspiration.

I'm not sure where this comes from. Naijarita news is a fake news website isn't it?

donnie:

Did those healed drop from the moon? Are they not Nigerians? , Thousands of them are shown on TV all over this country.

And when you actually find them, they deny it.

donnie:

Those recipients will only feel pity for you as they are presently rejoicing in the love of God and sharing that love and their testimony with as many as they come across , too happy to be bothered if one person somewhere is angry that they are being blessed.

Why would they pity me? I'm not angry that they were blessed. In fact, if they are so blessed, how come they're not out proclaiming their "healing". Again, there is a singular lack of actual people who are publicly proclaiming the good news of their miracles. . .which tends to indicate that there aren't any people who have actually been healed.

donnie:

They still do so today, its just a pity that some today, like those high priests in Jesus day will rather chose to stand against the work of God causing others to think the Word is a lie, like they did, bribing the soldiers who came to report of Jesus' resurrection to lie that his body was stolen.

If this was true, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

donnie:

There are too many lost souls out there on their way to hell to bother ourselves with the fact that someone in Nairaland is refusing to believe the truth before his eyes.

What truth? I have yet to be given any single piece of verifiable evidence. If there are so many people who are being healed, why is it impossible for you to prove it?

donnie:

Thanx to Nigerita, if i may ask, wer you involved in any of those verification processes yourself? 'because you choose to believe that so easily.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. What is Nigerita? What verification process? What did I choose to believe so easily?

donnie:

You are not under compulsion to believe. Just like you are you are not under any compulsion to believe that Jesus rose from the death, victorious over death and hell.

Yep, exactly right. And with Christians participating in promoting shams like this, its not a wonder that the world is going to pieces.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Dodonko: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2006
i think it was a belated prophecy from God to the prophet to Prophesize to the people of naija, mr. president, as well, the whole world, so that we can be cautioned against future occurence undecided. pls, god's prophet, more of this belated prophecy is required so we heed to your advice after the mayhems occur cry. but olorun ri yin sha, olusho.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2006
Allonym, i rest my case here with you.

Continue with your unbelief while i continue in faith. Time will tell, when there is a shaking in this world; we would know who actually was standing on a solid foundation.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 8:08am On Mar 08, 2006
ok
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by FredT: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2006
All,

I have read with keen interest the responses potrayed in this medium by a crop of Nigerians with respect to this subject.

It is worthy of note that even a mad fellow knows that fire burns and no matter how wild he is, he doesn't touch fire. On the contrary, I tremble under my feet to realize that there are people well enlightened but still feel fire can be maneuvered not to harm them.

Let me remind us of some people who contended with the opinion of prophets and got reward from the Almighty:
a) The economic adviser in Israel during the time of Elijah; when Elijah said by the next day the economy of Israel will turn out for good, he analyzed the prophesy and replied out of carnal understanding that " Even if God opens window in Heaven can this be?".
RESULT--- He saw it happened but was crushed by the city gate even as the man of God prophesied.

b) Saul was the first King of Israel but when he disobeyed the prophet of God (Samuel) by holding back some of the spoils from the accursed nation which was contrary to the instruction. Samuel told him the kingdom shall be removed from him and down his linage.
RESULT--- Saul and his Saul died in battle and the kingdom was given to David.

c) Pharaoh of Egypt handled the word from Moses with levity because he felt Moses had neither spares nor chariots, he MOCKED God by contending with his prophet.
RESULT---- He wasted his entire army in the Red Sea.

I can go on and on to site example from both the bible and modern day events but time will fail me to do so. However, I will advise those that think they can say what ever they like and whenever to take heed not to allow their mouth to cause them to suffer the wrath of God.

Please, leave Men of God alone and ask God that the allege spoke to them to judge them by their words rather than interfering on issues too complex for your minds to comprehend.

Remember God is: LOVE, LIGHT and [b]A CONSUMING FIRE!

Be guided.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by mlksbaby(f): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2006
FredT,

I hesitate to respond to your post, but something keeps popping up in my mind. The examples you cited are skewed because it supposes that anything pronounced as 'prophetic' should not be scrutinized. Good examples you proffered though, but what does that say about the Biblical injunction to believers to not despise prophesyings but to test 'all things' - including prophecies? (I Thes. 5:20-21). I believe the same thing is said in I Cor.14:29 - 'Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.' Are we to judge (that is, weigh or evaluate) what is being declared prophetically or not?

While we're scratching our heads for answers on that, this is what I'll suggest -

a) weigh carefully what is being said, but do not despise prophesyings. You may not like it and it may sound foolish and bogus, but a wise man will not let his mouth drive rough to ridicule any prophet.

b) rejoice rather that we did not have more plane crashes than has been witnessed under the period. Nigeria has lost too many precious souls to be a trivial discussion for anyone - eg, the bomb blasts in Lagos, January 2002; the religious tensions and clashes for more than a decade; political unrests during elections in the east and other parts of Nigeria; and lots more.

c) be positive and do more than argue - pray for a better Nigeria. I may not be a prophet/prophetess and the G.O is not accountable to me; but I know the Almighty will ask me what role I played in the prophetic future of my country. This is something I have come to love - I pray for Nigeria much more now than when I was in the country (I'm currently living in the Scandinavia).

d) don't follow anyone blindly and hold your tongue from condemning, jesting at, or ridiculing a prophet/prophecy, unless you are ready to defend your position when we all stand before God in the great Day of judgement. That in no way nullifies the warning to test the spirits of false prophets and their activities (I John 4:1 ); but until you can authoritatively ascertain that a man is a heretic or a deceiver, refrain from uninformed and careless talk.

May God bless our ministers whose labours are not easy to be accomplished. May God preserve us from false 'prophets/prophecies'; and establish men and women of integrity whose examples we can follow and who make the name 'Nigeria' respectable in the eyes of many beyond our shores who might have written us off as cousins to the dark ages. May God bless you and me. May God bless our great and beloved country Nigeria!  smiley
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 12:38am On Mar 18, 2006
FredT, all of this is BS. Can you name one currently living prophet or provide information on a prophecy for an event made by a currently living prophet that will occur within the next year.

If you can, please, do so. When the prophecy comes true, you will be able to show how you brought lots of people on nairaland to Christ.

And please, no stupid crap like it will rain on October 21st in London. Human beings uninspired by God have been making almanacs for centuries.

I'm talking about a real prophecy like the one you mentioned. Something like, all the oil in nigeria will vanish for the entire month of July. The whole world will laugh at whoever makes such a prophecy, but if it came true. . . what do you think would happen?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by donnie(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2006
Rather than advice that we open our eyes and not follow blindly, i think i will advice that anyone who claims to be a christian should get to recieve and become acquinted with the person of the Holy spirit through constant fellowship because u see, its the only way you can live successfully as a christain.

He is the Spirit of truth, sent by God to guide us into all truth.

He opens our eyes to the truth of God's word so that we do not walk in the dark.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by FredT: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2006
Allonym/Donnie,

Reference to your comments, I think you got it all wrong. Jonah told the people of Nineveh that God was going to destroy it ( Nineveh) but the people repented and the prophesy did not come to pass as was initially predicted, does that portray Jonah a prophet of doom?

I believe prophesy is either to warn people of an impending danger or prepare them for what is to come. Not withstanding if you think a prophet is fake, is your criteria based on the outcome of the prophesy?

Let's leave prophets alone a think of ways of moving this country forward by holding fast to the word of God and praying for His blessings upon our land and behavioral change of our leaders!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup / 3 Types Of Churchgoers / Is SMOKING A SIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.