Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,514 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (18916 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by mlksbaby(f): 1:34am On Mar 19, 2006
True talk, FredT.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 7:16am On Mar 19, 2006
FredT:

Allonym/Donnie,

Reference to your comments, I think you got it all wrong. Jonah told the people of Nineveh that God was going to destroy it ( Nineveh) but the people repented and the prophesy did not come to pass as was initially predicted, does that portray Jonah a prophet of doom?

I believe prophesy is either to warn people of an impending danger or prepare them for what is to come. Not withstanding if you think a prophet is fake, is your criteria based on the outcome of the prophesy?

Let's leave prophets alone a think of ways of moving this country forward by holding fast to the word of God and praying for His blessings upon our land and behavioral change of our leaders!

perhaps you need to reread your own post. You've gone from people who contradict prophets tend to die to we should let prophets do their own thing
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by babybee1(f): 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2006
with due respect, am ashamed and so sorry for who ever started this conversation, u better relent b4 its too late,
if u want to talk about somethng, not a man of God, sorry for your life, angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Enigma(m): 10:38pm On Mar 20, 2006
baby bee

I started the thread.

I am ashamed of the pastor who made this blatantly manipulative and false prophecy. I am also ashamed and very very sorry for people who beleive that kind of nonsense.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by dancon: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2006
Whether you believe it or not God knows the truth. My advise to everyone is to prepare for the day of the Lord for it is near. Some of us will be alive to witness it and some will not be. However no one will escape it. Every idle word you have spoken will be accounted for. That is what the bible says. If you do not know better than speak against a Man of God please be quiet. You are not God. And by the way, heaven and hell is real whether you believe it or not. Plus the world will end one day, whether you want to believe it or not. instead`of wasting words on bashing the image of Nigeria( if you are a nigerian you are guilty of everything you accuse your govt of- disloyalty and dishonesty) and contesting the words of Pastor Adeboye, invest that time and energy in seeking God's face concerning your lives.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Enigma(m): 2:08am On Apr 07, 2006
dancon

If your post was directed at me, my response would simply be this: you are better off taking up issues with the pastor that is misleading people with false prophecy.

People like me know the Bible too well to be scared by "not speak evil of man of God" or "heaven and hell is real".

Remember that even of pastors etc, the Bible says that some of them will ask "Lord, did we not prophesy in your name , " If you do not know this passage then find it, read it, think about it and meditate on it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by TV01(m): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2006
A lady I work with literally lives her life by the horoscope section of her daily paper.

So what one may ask? Lots of people check their horoscopes, in newspapers, magazines or online. Obviously as a follower of Christ I know that this is scripturally prohibited. I also know it can be dangerous. Obviously I wonder how can anyone be so simplistic?

Someone goes to a source (or maybe makes it up?) and utters some vague predictions aimed at a lot of people. Who would believe that? I can't help but wonder, how simple/easily deceived some people can be!

The other day she won £10.00 on the lottery and said "my horoscope was right, it said to expect financial fortune today". I suppose if she met someone new or went out on a date, she'd attest to the "romance is in the air" prediction from her newspaper.

"Tell her about Christ" I thought to myself. How He has facilitated a one-to-one relationship with God the Father. I don't need some go-between to visit an oracle and report back to me (and as one of hundreds, thousands or even millions of others - duh?).

I can go to God and tell Him about specific personal things that I need or desire, things I don't understand, or just for comfort. A relationship with the Creator of everything, without recourse to a 3rd party. How divine is that!

But then she's a heathen right? Let look at how "proper believers" do it.

A "man of God" (MOG) goes to his source? comes back and utters some vague predictions aimed at a lot of people usually along the lines of "Its the year of success/breakthrough/favour etc, etc. and cautions his listeners to pray a lot!

A few months later someone who was waiting for a baby/spuse/job/home etc, etc, gives a testimony. The word came from the MOG, so I prayed and fasted. And look, my baby/spouse/job/home has come. Truly as the MOG prophesied, it is the year of success/breakthrough/favour etc, etc. I believed the MOG and the word of God came to pass in my life.

Could someone please explain the difference!

One pays 30p a day.
The other pays 10% of gross income.

No prizes for guessing who got the better deal.

God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2006
dancon:

instead`of wasting words on bashing the image of Nigeria( if you are a nigerian you are guilty of everything you accuse your govt of- disloyalty and dishonesty) and contesting the words of Pastor Adeboye, invest that time and energy in seeking God's face concerning your lives.

hahaha. . taking a page out of G.W. Bush's playbook huh.

If you don't support the war, then you must be supporting the enemy.

Since when is criticizing your government disloyal or dishonest?

It amazes me that some people expect that everyone should just lie down and allow incredibly dumb things to happen in the name of patriotism.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Reverend(m): 6:48am On Apr 11, 2006
*** STOP PRESS ***

Pastor Adeboye predicts that Easter will come this weekend and that Satan created Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo the green monkey manipulator of Lagos!

Fantastic
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by babybee1(f): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2006
its obvious you are lost already,
there is really no point wasting time in communicating wit u,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Reverend(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2006
*** STOP PRESS ***

Pastor Adeboye predicts that Christmas will be on the 25th of December this year!

He also predicts that there will be at least 25 car accidents in Lagos this year!

Fantastic  grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by 4real(m): 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2006
well i can't really say much it so clear to me that alot of you don't read your bible and don't know jack about God's word so whatever i say falls on deaf hears, all am going to say is that you read your bible, let me just say if me and you were walking down a part and you were heading for a big hole which you did not see and i warn you about it or should i say told you about the hole in front, you would step aside right, but if i don't you would fall inside or if i told you and you refused to listen to me you fall inside it's the same with prediction, when God tells you it is so that you pray and aviod it if you do, does not mean that the prediction is wrong, it means he loved you enough to warn you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Reverend(m): 5:33am On Apr 28, 2006
Tell that to the people on the Titanic and the other 1,000 ships that have sunk since then!

Tell that to the victims of the Tsunami!

Tell that to the victims of all terrorist bombings!

etc etc etc etc
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by 4real(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2006
well well well, how did you know that there was no warning you were not there neither was i so keep your mouth shut on that matter, and Rev it's like you love to blame everthing on God, well he he follow me and see what i would do for you, if you ask for help he would help, for most of the people you talk about how many of them ask for his help, even you as you speak when was the last time you helped anyone.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Reverend(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2006
I always try to help people if possible.

300,000 people dying as a result of the Tsunami. There must be allot of deaf people around or God must hate allot of people. Which one do you think it is?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by kinglarry(m): 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2006
@ Nwoke:
My respectful questions for Pastor Adeboye:
- How did the enemy plan to prevent the president from grounding all local airlines after the first 2 or 3 plane crashes?
- What time exactly was the prescribed 49 day fasting period and did it coincide with the crashes?
- How come a dedicated woman of God was present in one of the 3 planes out of 49 that God permitted to crash?
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Don't you know that there is level in the spiritual as in the physical? let me tell you one thing today, God is God, He can order you to go into fasting or fasting and prayer because of what will happen and won't reveal it to you.
Secondly, If you have questions for Pastor Adeboye, do you think your website is the right channel for that?knowing for sure that neither Pastor Adeboye nor His associate pastors will be here to answer the quetions.Instaed of you to create a blasphemy arena for the people.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Reverend(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2006
Pastor Adeboye is another criminal preacher! When will people stop believing in these magicians?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by TV01(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2006
Hi Kinglarry,

I am not holding brief for Nwoke, but blasphemy can be summed up as follows;

~ Profanity in action, speech or writing against God.
~ The act of claiming the attributes, rights or privileges of God.
~ An irreverent or impious attitude towards the holy or divine.  

Pray tell, how people discussing the utterances of a man is blasphemy. It was I presume, posted so that people with an interest in "religion" or religious things could discuss.

And one other thing, the "level", specifically in the spiritual. Could you explain with reference to the Holy Bible.

Thank you.

God bless
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by otolorin(m): 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2006
my prayer is that God will forgive us all that have questioned the Genuineness of this Pastor in question and in the course of it questioned the faith of other men of God.

truth is, the bible say "touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm" and this includes ow we talk about these annointed ones.

whether true or not, we have no right watsoever, as christians or any-other individuals, to question these MEN.

i hope we get to see things clearer, by the day.

BLESSINGS.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by TV01(m): 1:46am On Apr 30, 2006
otolorin hi,

Re your quotes below

otolorin:

truth is, the bible say "touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm"

Yes it does! Twice. In 1 Chronicles16:22 and again in Psalm 105:15. Both in the OT. Does that mean we simply disregard all the NT has to say about "testing", "judging" (judging as in critically appraising) and "discerning"?

otolorin:

and this includes ow we talk about these annointed ones.

Is that too say some are "anointed" and some are not?

otolorin:

whether true or not, we have no right watsoever, as christians or any-other individuals, to question these MEN.

Please listen to yourself? "Whether it is true or not"?

Let me attempt to summarise what I am hearing;
~ They are anointed
~ They therefore have carte blanche to say anything
~ We should be aware of that and therefore check our brains at the door?

Christianity did you say? Surely not the Biblical kind?

otolorin:

i hope we get to see things clearer, by the day.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of that if you keep your eyes tightly shut, and simply follow blindly!

God bless
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Enigma(m): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2006
otolorin:

I think if you study the Bible well, you will realise that we must reject what is not true. Christianity is founded upon truth. The Truth Himself (Jesus Christ) and His apostles told us to hold to that which is true. It is when we go about telling lies, believing lies and asking the rest of the world to believe lies that we ridicule the faith and turn many people away from believing in The Truth.

The idea that we should not question what a "man of God" says - even if we know it is not true - is wrong and is not taught in the Bible. It is also the reason why the "man of God" once known as Jim Jones was able to lead several people to unfortunate and untimely death.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by otolorin(m): 9:04am On May 02, 2006
of course, God gave us all wisdom.
if you have the holy spirit in you, you can discern a true teacher of the WORD from false.
its a pity if u cannot utilise this wisdom bestowed upon you, as well as have the Holyspirit of God in you to guide you in all wise.
what i mean is not for us to follow blindly, even God doesn't want that from us.
what i mean is that as much as possible, stay away from unnecessary, self incured wrath.

everyone has the grace of speaking directly to God, eversince Christ died and ressurected, remember what happened to the veil covering the holy-of-holies?

i hope you understand clearly now, that you dont have to wait for any minister to do all the prophesying, let God talk to you, HIMSELF.

peace.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by bluenubian(f): 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2006
bunch of bull crap angry angry angry, if i was watching the tv when he said that, i would have changed that channel so fast, crap crap crap, its a wonder why anyone looks up to these people
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by pecky(f): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2006
Only God will forgive you seun. Actually am not saying he is right either am i saying he has lied because am one of his sheep and a student in his school Redeemers university. so my advise is that next time you keep quite for God to judge
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Abeem(m): 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2006
This thread reminds me of the good old Primate Olabayo of the Church of Yaweh fame.  He was into predictions long before the likes of Pastor Adeboye became reknown in the art.  His predictions were legendary.  He not only prophesised about local events, but also dabble into International events as well, all with pin-point accuracies.
A lot of Nigerians believed in him so much so that NTA Network News usually attends his yearly retreat on Mt. Taborah? in Kwara State of which the anti-climax was the launching of his book of prophesies. I am talking about the good old days before "religious imperialism" (apologies) took the Nigerian ideological landscape by storm.  But he goofed and ever since his credibility has suffered.
During the run down to the 1992 presidential election in the US, he was basking in the glory of another eventful Mt. Taborah retreat and was asked by the NTA Network reporter, Frank Olise,  to predict who will win the elections.  He replied: "President Bush",  but the rest is now history as the then president Bush was soundly defeated by Bill Clinton in the elections.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by bluenubian(f): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2006
like i said before bull sh*t
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Abeem(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2006
If I may ask my Christian brethrens who are defending the pastor, please educate me if it was the disposition of Jesus Christ (a.s) to always give a yearly prediction of future events while he was alive preaching the gospel? Unless they can convince me that the pastor and his ilks got their inspiration from him whom they follow in matter of faith, then what they are doing has no basis in religion. It amounts to attention seeking and pandering to the mundane. It is playing God - who alone has absolute and perfect knowlege of all things, (both seen and unseen, known and unknown).

If only predictors of future events will learn a lesson or two from the mistakes and misfortunes of others (a la Primate Olabayo) and stop arrogating to themselves what is the exclusive preserve of the Almighty God. If, If , and If but will people learn?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by GL(f): 5:01am On Jul 17, 2006
I wasn't there when God spoke to Pastor Adeboye, so I can't say it's true or not. I wish though, that Nigerian pastors would not feel compelled to make prophecies every year. We're seeing so many unfulfilled prophecies. I don't know if God told them or not. I am not a prophetess so I cant claim to know God's position on some of these issues.

@ TVO1, i love that reference to horoscopes. Some ppl use pastors' prophecies like horoscopes. I know ppl who go to pastors b4 they make any decision. Christians should realize that we all have equal access to God. Personally, I don't belive in the "God has favourites" theory. He loves everyone enough to hear our prayers.

@ Enigma, i agree with all u've said.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by bluenubian(f): 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2006
crap + crap = overloaded crap, man of God my butt!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Reverend(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2006
Utter crap to the power of 1,0000,0000,0000!

I agree with BlueNubian angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Stealthy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2006
Well, Pastor Adeboye predicted that a major evil organisation will suffer a major setback this year. The death of al Zarqawi from an American bomb is proof of that aint it?

Then again, I can bring lots of proof of correct prophesies by some reputable men of God (like Pastor Adeboye & Pastor Tunde Bakare), but the doubters'll never believe. Remembe the parable of the rich man & Lazarus?

Luke 16:31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by otolorin(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2006
Stealthy:

Well, Pastor Adeboye predicted that a major evil organisation will suffer a major setback this year. The death of al Zarqawi from an American bomb is proof of that aint it?

Then again, I can bring lots of proof of correct prophesies by some reputable men of God (like Pastor Adeboye & Pastor Tunde Bakare), but the doubters'll never believe. Remembe the parable of the rich man & Lazarus?

Luke 16:31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
that should get sum pple tinkin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Types Of Churchgoers / Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup / Is SMOKING A SIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.