Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja (47448 Views)

Two US Army Helicopters Crash During Training, Several Feared Dead / Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashes In Kaduna State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Valwarren: 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
This is so Unprofessional ,i have never in my life heard of such news.
This is To show the level of unprofessionalism that is reigning in our military.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Horus(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhQUeH-rqVo

Nigeria Air Force plane crash
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by OfficialAPCNig: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
Who is still Alpha Jet in this age of Christ? APC are cursed. You have flying coffins and you asked someone's son to fly them just to entertain one ancestor from Sudan.

Sacrificing beautiful Nigerian souls for a Sudanese. APC are Evil!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by DaV8King(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
wirelex:
DaV8King how can you say NAF has never done this kind of parade before. If you dont know why not ask.

Bros maybe I mis used English.

But we can agree that NAF has not had aerial parades at the intensity of drill/number of aircraft they are/were planning to use this time round.

I live in Abuja and have regularly seen up to 20 air frames (jets, C130 and choppers) practicing at the same time over the last 2 to 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by joinnow: 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
This is Nigeria
Every thing is firebrigde
approach
Learning to crisscross
With dilapidated plan.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Colb461: 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
just sad DAT 1 of d pilot didn't survive
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by bejeria101(m): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

IBB your hero had 162 officers killed in 1992.

Your other hero GEJ, was in power when his NSA died in a chopper disaster.

In this case, it's been reported the pilots ejected.

Your body odour is acrid.

Lunatic u heard me say the pilots died? Oponu of life. Take your frustrated life and go and hug that cowbender.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by DaV8King(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
FemiMaduka:

My guess is that it's either the two jets are Alpha Jets or Albatrosses (I doubt if there are enough Chengdu F7Nis to spare, especially because of the NE commitment), but the point is that both of these airframes are old and outdated. Most decent airforces have retired them.

These airframes are tired. Maintenance is also an issue. Ťhis is going to affect the airforce someway, somehow - even if the jets were not drawn from the combat pool engaged in the NE theatre.

We have not even talked about the possible pilot fatality!

It's a mess however way you want to spin it.

It's a pair of F-7s that went down bro.

1 FT-7 (Trainer) and 1 F-7Ni.

Terrible it had to cost a life, but I believe it will be the beginning of the end for the F-7 aka widow-maker in NAF service.

The trainer that crashed is the last one in Nigerian spec/service.

And the aircraft type is fully out of production now.

How do you develop new pilots without trainer aircraft?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat / Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.