Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja (47424 Views)

Two US Army Helicopters Crash During Training, Several Feared Dead / Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashes In Kaduna State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by topiscooy: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
DaV8King:
Nigerian Air Force have experienced the tragic loss of two air frames in a crash in Mpape, Abuja.

The sad incident occurred as the aircraft flew in practice formations for the October 1 Independence Day parade.

Good luck to the fly boys involved. I pray for your survival.

Source:
https://www.channelstv.com/2018/09/28/breaking-nigeria-air-force-aircraft-involved-in-accident/

pictures or ..........
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Zoo grin grin grin grin I love to watch it fall
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by AFONJACOW(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
GEJ is a disgrace to his people , the greatest mistake he made is to concede defeat , Zai Barbar will die a miserable death

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by GavelSlam: 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
thatigboman:
u want to compare Germany airforce with that of backward nigeria?

Don't be a dummy.

You cannot compare any WW2 plane with an Alpha jet.

Some of you don't know that in the bid to undermine your country you undermine yourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by pacino26(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
HeGeMon:
Troop's asking for air support

Airforce: wink

My brother wake up o. You can't come here and be sleeping cool

They just showed us how they fight in sambisa
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Otutu1(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
This is how they want to use the Super Tucanos coming from America?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by ELJC(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
Otutu1:
This is how they want to use the Super Tucanos coming from America?
hahaha they beta cancel dat contract o mak we for no waste money.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by LZAA: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

Always talking nonsense.

Didn't the German Luftwaffe fly in formation during world war 2?

Can you compare those relics with the Alpha jets?
1940/45-2018
See the difference
Those things that crashed are scraps in other countries yet it's the real deal here
Reject sai babarism
Cc immhotep greenback sarkin Roger3D yyeske alariiwo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
At least from now till independence day, they will stop disturbing my ears with jet engine noise.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
Dis one plane ✈️ just dey fall fall today wetin happened?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by thunderbabs: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
Inexperience!

Na so they mistook IDP camp for boko haram camp. Blowing up innocent citizens.

Bunch of amateurs.. No wonder Obama no gree sell fighter jets to una...
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by gabbygab31: 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
Dis happened in my presence ooooo no be joke I saw it raw, both d fire how it happened, to of d officers escaped with parasuit.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by maxiuc(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Why won't it crash

You need to see the outdated Jets

1947 jets

No wonder I haven't heard them fly pass this morning remaining the helicopters

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by dotun365: 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
mybestlove:
Eyaa!
Why won't it crash when the owner, Nigeria is crashed. Disasters and APC are twins.

Evidence that there is nothing to celebrate in October 1. It should be declared a day of crying and weeping because Nigeria is a fool at 59 years, all thanks to our politicians.

Nigeria is a giant crippled by her prodigal sons.

If you don't have anything sensible to say why not just shut the Bleep up especially when lives are involved.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by YungG(m): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
I saw the collision of the two air craft while comin down from mpape hills..it was terrible..jikoko area of mpape is where it crashed..
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Horus(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf_QT_vz514

Footage of Nigeria Air Force plane crash
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by FemiMaduka(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

Don't be a dummy.

You cannot compare any WW2 plane with an Alpha jet.

Some of you don't know that in the bid to undermine your country you undermine yourselves.

My guess is that it's either the two jets are Alpha Jets or Albatrosses (I doubt if there are enough Chengdu F7Nis to spare, especially because of the NE commitment), but the point is that both of these airframes are old and outdated. Most decent airforces have retired them.

These airframes are tired. Maintenance is also an issue. Ťhis is going to affect the airforce someway, somehow - even if the jets were not drawn from the combat pool engaged in the NE theatre.

We have not even talked about the possible pilot fatality!

It's a mess however way you want to spin it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by bejeria101(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Shows how cursed buhari is! Has this ever happened under anybody even a military regime? Daura bodyodour.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by GavelSlam: 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
FemiMaduka:

My guess is that it's either the two jets are Alpha Jets or Albatrosses (I doubt if there are enough Chengdu F7Nis to spare, especially because of the NE commitment), but the point is that both of these airframes are old and outdated. Most decent airforces have retired them.

These airframes are tired. Maintenance is also an issue. Ťhis is going to affect the airforce someway, somehow - even if the jets were not drawn from the combat pool engaged in the NE theatre.

We have not even talked about the possible pilot fatality!

It's a mess however way you want to spin it.

They ejected.

Yes, it affects the air force but I say if you as an individual do not produce even a pair of slippers, what right do you have to condemn a product?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by vicardino(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
gabbygab31:
Dis happened in my presence ooooo no be joke I saw it raw, both d fire how it happened, to of d officers escaped with parasuit.
mo tun fo ooooo cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by GavelSlam: 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
bejeria101:
Shows how cursed buhari is! Has this ever happened under anybody even a military regime? Daura bodyodour.

IBB your hero had 162 officers killed in 1992.

Your other hero GEJ, was in power when his NSA died in a chopper disaster.

In this case, it's been reported the pilots ejected.

Your body odour is acrid.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by babsthegreat: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
The way they were doing the rehearsal was just unnecessary what independence are we celebrating when people cannot feed and Nigeria is the lowest paid in the whole world in terms of minimum wage.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by CeceNene(f): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
This is sad. May the dead RIP. I can imagine what their families will be going through now. May God console them
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Triniti(m): 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
Who flies formation with an old rickety jet? When we can’t buy F-22,typhoon or sukhoi. We start flying formations with an outdated alpha jet
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by mudiana(m): 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Wasting money galor.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by tolufase: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
I'm tired of hearing the noise pollutions of these jets everyday. Let them go and rest till on Monday.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by Holiegrail2: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
I actually witnessed this first-hand, my colleague and I both thought that they were displaying some stunts, because we saw the both pilots eject from their respective jets with parachutes.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by jsb(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
End result of nepotism in this govt..
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by stagger: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
Why we still have these 30+ year old Alpha Jets that were used during the days of ECOMOG in our air fleet just beats me. I was in traffic at Eagle Square when one of them buzzed us with low level flight displays. I nearly went deaf from the noise.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by steve6: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Bad omen !
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by wirelex: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
DaV8King how can you say NAF has never done this kind of parade before. If you dont know why not ask.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja by blackfish(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
i dey weep for our nation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat / How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve / Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.