Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy (42153 Views)

David Dafinone Is Dead! Nigeria Senator In Guinness Book Of Records Dies / One Killed As Thugs Attack Serving Senator In Taraba. Graphic Photos / Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Saraki, Fayemi & APC Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Ngcampuschat61: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mr Toni Iwobi, of Nigerian origin and domiciled in Italy for 41 years, is the first blackman ever to be elected senator.

On the sidelines of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly in New York, Thursday, he met with President Muhammadu Buhari, along with a high-powered team from the Italian Senate.

"My congratulations to you, and to Italy more," President Buhari told Iwobi, who was elected in March this year, on platform of the far-right League Party. "It shows the advanced respect of Italians for human beings, in spite of colour. It's very impressive."
The team from Italy discussed issues like illegal migration and how it can be curbed through investments in Africa, recharge of the Lake Chad via inter-basin water transfer, among others.
"Africa doesn't need charity, but collaboration to develop," Senator Iwobi declared.

Responding, President Buhari noted that what causes irregular migration from developing to developed countries include lack of security, education, health care, among others, stressing: "Climate change has had negative impact on a big country like Nigeria. That is why our youths often defy the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea, to try and get to Europe. It is a problem that needs to be solved."
The Italian Senate delegation plans to visit Nigeria soon.

Source : https://www.naijarated.com/buzz/c/0/i/25945834/president-buhari-meets-first-blackman-elected-senator-italy

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Yambee: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ok

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Corrinthians(m): 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
They're coming.

Before and after Osun election. grin grin grin

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Ngcampuschat61: 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
Corrinthians:
They're coming.
grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Mahsums: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by limeta(f): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Buhari the islamic terrorist
Na religion do you

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by estyvino(m): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Discussing what, immigration?

Ah beg commot hand for that side before you sign what you did no read

I blame myself, instead of applying for my Visa I choosed PVC

Election now is Federal government decides not Nigerian enymore

Nothing like we die here

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Gozzzy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mahsums:
grin
are you high or just trying to be silly?? how is iwobi, a Yoruba name, since u want to show the world how bigoted you are!

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Odingo1: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
Iwobi is Igbo name.Congrat to the man.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Odingo1: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
Corrinthians:
They're coming.

Stop displaying your foolishness here, people of Osun is the one that will still continue to suffer non payment of workers salary and huge debt crises.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Corrinthians(m): 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
Odingo1:

Stop displaying your foolishness here, people of Osun is the one that will still continue to suffer non payment of workers salary and huge debt crises.
The same way Abia people are suffering? grin

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Blackfire(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
The lifeless one...

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Auladimeji(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
estyvino:
Discussing what, immigration?

Ah beg commot hand for that side before you sign what you did no read

I blame myself, instead of applying for my Visa I choosed PVC

Election now is Federal government decides not Nigerian enymore

Nothing like we die here
As if he knows where the embassy is

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Auladimeji(m): 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
He's greatful for seeing PMB
Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Almaiga: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
Sai Baba Buhari always making us proud. I always pray to God to guide and protect Buhari for Nigerian's.

Sai Baba.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Omeokachie: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
But back home he plays the divisive politics of ethnicity and religion, of "Muslims should vote only candidates that will defend their Islam and sharia"!

Nigerians have such short memory they self inflict generational injuries on themselves by handing their destinies to the wrong persons.

https://www.herald.ng/vote-candidates-will-defend-islam-sharia-buhari/

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Lipscomb(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
That iwobi don't useful for blacks he pledge his allegiance to Italian racism.
Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by eleojo23: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
Two things will happen in that meeting.

1. He will transfer some life into Buhari
2. Bubu will infect him with some lifelessness.
3. All of the above.

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by otunde527: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
Cool

Nice one

Nigerians are exploring everywhere

Check my siggy below
Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Paollo: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
Bad man bweezy
Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by ifko: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
He should teach the dullard how to conduct free and fair election

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by rentAcock(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
Even though there's racism and there will always be racism, white people sometimes put that aside and elect people of a different race as long as they think they are the best candidate to do the job. Meanwhile in Nigeria people vote along ethnic lines.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by wayne4loan: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
A housed nigga and a tyrant angry

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by BruncleZuma: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Teaser4(m): 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
i no dey wish buhari and apc well....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Rindo69: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
So Buhari is blaming climate change for the migration of Africans to Europe.

Can someone tell this senile man that his failed change agenda is the major cause of the increased desperation to escape the country by any means.

13 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by Baroba(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
He is busy praising Italy but his military chiefs appointment is based on parochialism.. Bigot

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by 7GaLaXy7(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
limeta:
Buhari the islamic terrorist
Na religion do you

Shut up joor. racist. What if they insult your father like that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by excomarow(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Keep the Good Work Presido...

We are back home praying for you and dealing with wailers systematically grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by 7GaLaXy7(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Almaiga:
Sai Baba Buhari always making us proud. I always pray to God to guide and protect Buhari for Nigerian's.

Sai Baba.

Amen

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy by ahiboilandgas: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ngcampuschat61:
Mr Toni Iwobi, of Nigerian origin and domiciled in Italy for 41 years, is the first blackman ever to be elected senator.

On the sidelines of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly in New York, Thursday, he met with President Muhammadu Buhari, along with a high-powered team from the Italian Senate.

"My congratulations to you, and to Italy more," President Buhari told Iwobi, who was elected in March this year, on platform of the far-right League Party. "It shows the advanced respect of Italians for human beings, in spite of colour. It's very impressive."
The team from Italy discussed issues like illegal migration and how it can be curbed through investments in Africa, recharge of the Lake Chad via inter-basin water transfer, among others.
"Africa doesn't need charity, but collaboration to develop," Senator Iwobi declared.

Responding, President Buhari noted that what causes irregular migration from developing to developed countries include lack of security, education, health care, among others, stressing: "Climate change has had negative impact on a big country like Nigeria. That is why our youths often defy the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea, to try and get to Europe. It is a problem that needs to be solved."
The Italian Senate delegation plans to visit Nigeria soon.

Source : https://www.naijarated.com/buzz/c/0/i/25945834/president-buhari-meets-first-blackman-elected-senator-italy
a hausa man can never achieve this ....it is call steer determination and against all odds

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion As Photo Of President Tinubu Appears In PDP Program Of Event In Rivers / FG Appoints Ladan, Director Of DPR / List Of Governors Who Defied Godfatherism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.