Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (47494 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by drnoel: 6:20am On Sep 30, 2018
GreenCap:

it can't stop me from going somewhere.

gonna do this winter holiday in western Europe.

there are 2 groups of commentators here:

the optimistic ones in UK

and the pessi-mis-ts.

person miss to stay
back.

2000 doctors leave Nigeria yearly

if u can go somewhere then good luck. It will help change this Ur Nigerian mentality.
U need to see what's happening outside. Nigeria has a way of streamlining people's mentality.
Cheers.
Also the optimistic ones don't all live in the UK.
The UK is not the other end of the world or the only country one can go to.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by TEYA: 6:59am On Sep 30, 2018
LordsApostle:

brother, there are many kids on nairaland that have no slightest idea what the world is all about, under mummy's breast and lovely meals... U shouldn't waste precious time on banters with such.. Just pass your point across and move on.. Any mature and sensible reader can decipher hard facts and sensibility when such is seen.
I'm currently making my way to the UK though, on work visa... My target is another country, just want to get the UK experience as it gives a better chance. I pray it turns out well..

Stay blessed bro.
I wish you the best my brother. Thank you.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2018
LordsApostle:
please what's the difference between, room, studio and flat? Thanks.
In the UK
A room is just 4 walls your typical bedroom with wadrobe thats it

A studio is a Room with its own toilet and bathroom,living space and kitchen facilities attached togetehr exclusivly for the occupant .

A flat is a complete living space ie bedroom(s),living room (palour) kitchen toilet bathroom mayB storage and its own Entrance door, 90% of the time does not have a garden
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by LordsApostle: 9:41am On Sep 30, 2018
erico2k2:

In the UK
A room is just 4 walls your typical bedroom with wadrobe thats it

A studio is a Room with its own toilet and bathroom,living space and kitchen facilities attached togetehr exclusivly for the occupant .

A flat is a complete living space ie bedroom(s),living room (palour) kitchen toilet bathroom mayB storage and its own Entrance door, 90% of the time does not have a garden
okay, so in other words, the studio is more like our self - contain here in Nigeria, that is, it is without a sitting room. That means it will lack TV set, and radio, to keep one updated? Am I correct?
Pardon my asking, I'm seeking to relocate to the UK, anywhere aside from London, so I'm looking at building my financial portfolio and making good research. thanks.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2018
LordsApostle:
okay, so in other words, the studio is more like our self - contain here in Nigeria, that is, it is without a sitting room. That means it will lack TV set, and radio, to keep one updated? Am I correct?
Pardon my asking, I'm seeking to relocate to the UK, anywhere aside from London, so I'm looking at building my financial portfolio and making good research. thanks.
Not a bother my friend,U dnt ask U dnt know and assumptions are dangerous

First line correct 2nd one wrong, you are allowed to put Radio or TV anywhere you deem fit i n ur room..My 1st ever room in the UK, I had a box room, 10 ftX8ft, I was young then,I had in it a single bed,32 inch TV, my Stereo, wadrobe and a reading table and chair.Mind you outside the room there are shared spaces, that contains the kitchen, Dining area, toilet bathroom, storage etc,Depends on the arrangement some Landlords make two toilets.These are what you check for when renting.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2018
omohayek:

More innumerate rubbish. I've actually lived in the UK for a substantial amount of time, and unlike your barely-literate self, I've done so as a highly paid professional, making more than even the typical British doctor or barrister does until very late in their careers (think 6 figures in GBP). Even for those making at least £60k/year, life in London can be a struggle, with rents for 1-bedrooms in Zone 3 going for at least £1,200/month, rising to £2,200/month to live in a decent 1-bedroom in Zone 1. Even before getting to the issue of rent, UK taxes and national insurance are far higher than anything Nigerians are used to, and unless you're a long-term UK resident who is entitled to income support, you won't be getting any of that back to subsidise your lifestyle.

I repeat: anyone claiming as you do that one can make £30,000 a year in London while "hustling" is telling ridiculous lies. Even as a legal immigrant, without highly desirable skills the only sorts of jobs one can hope for are minimum wage roles, but the UK minimum wage is currently only £7.83, which works out to only £78.30 working as many as 10 hours a day, or less than £1,300/month if the job is a full-time one where one is guaranteed 40 hours/week: of course, typical minimum-wage jobs in fast-food, sanitation, supermarkets, etc. offer such sustained employment, most being at best part-time and highly irregular. This sort of money is barely enough to eat, pay for a travelcard, buy the cheapest second-hand clothes, and live in a dirty, cold, cramped bedsit far out from central London, which in turn means hours commuting each way to and from a sh*t job where you'll be treated by everyone as if you were less than human.

As for illegal immigrants who have no legal protections and must take whatever they can get working cash-only jobs, even the miserable existence of an unskilled legal resident will seem like heaven. What do you do when the farmer you've been breaking your back picking lettuce for decides he doesn't feel like paying you? What if the hotel where you've been washing dishes and cleaning toilets decides to only pay you £2.50/hour for your time, instead of the £5/hour they promised. Will you be stupid enough to report authorities who will immediately arrest you, throw you in a holding facility for 6 months and then deport you? Of course not, you'll keep your mouth shut and take whatever humiliation your illegal employer decides to dish out. The only way an illegal immigrant can "hustle" in London and make big money is by engaging in criminal activities like fraud and drug trafficking, and there are already more than enough such types in the UK disgracing Nigeria, thank you very much.
The good thing about your write up is that I can see fru you.You are one of them wanna BEEEESSS,You dont k now jack shyte about the UK let alone London angry angry angry angry
You earned six figurs my backside grin grin
you are talking about Zones, let me ask you who lives in ZONE 1? who in his right mind with family want to live i n ZONE 1? this is how I know you dont live in the UK

WHo earns £60k and pays rent?
TAX ,You are a typical nigerian with nxt to nothing in their brain of how the Uk works, WHat Tax, Name one Tax you know we pay in the UK as a worker which you as a worker in Nigeria dont payIf you have any bit of education left plzzz n plzzz make me look foolish iwith this question I beg U.
you keep talking rubish about flats and houses.Now tell me, howmany young grad rent flats in VI when they get thier 1st JOBS, tell me howmany people you know who rent a one bed flat the 1st few years they get jobs in ABJ.You are here talking crap about ZOnes, Do you even know where zones 1 to 3 cover? Do you know Peckham brixton and Ealing are zones 2 and 3?
U want to give advice and U have no clue.Anyway, people like Una full everywhere ITK!
Anyways,I dnt have time for irrelivant talks! If u k now U know!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2018
who ever you are philip2018 plz ask your question here, you cant just creat a new account 27 mins ago and expect me to mail you.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
erico2k2:
who ever you are philip2018 plz ask your question here, you cant just creat a new account 27 mins ago and expect me to mail you.

best response to the masquerade.

your wisdom is from Heaven.

please no Private Messaging for him.

he trolls you in the open but wanna consult you in the dark.

his pile of shame is higher than the Alps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by asamwababy: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
erico2k2:

DO you live i n teh UK??
Have you kived in the UK
Thirdly you are a big FOOOOOL with CV for calling me wicked,
as a matter of fact an Idiot and a silly o ne at that now Foxtrot Oscar!

Lol

Confused King of UK.

Infact you are the 1st Nigerian to ever live in the UK.

Mr i know UK pass the Queen.

Some of us have been balling in the uk at the time your immigration lawyer was filing for your stay.

Now run along to Dalston market and get some salmon head for lunch.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by smesi: 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
all the aforementioned so far concerning London travel, it mean that if you have certificate here be it Bsc, Msc..., it mean oyinbos no go ask you for that, they believe on what you can do and do it well.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Adedejinas(m): 12:50am On Oct 04, 2018
I need your help in anyway, how can you help. I heard germany is a fanstastic destination i can possibly hope for
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Gamesmart: 5:42am On Oct 06, 2018
DKM123:

3.6million yearly for a one room apartment. Na wa.

For a room in an apartment (house sharing).

Not one room apartment.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by philip2018(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
eriko2k2.how u dey.am one of your followers.please i need list of document needed to process london visa
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Uglyduckling: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2018
As someone who lives in London I’ll say don’t allow anybody mislead you. London is the worst place to live as a “hustler”
OP if you don’t have papers forget it, you can’t even buy a long term sim contract without “papers” in the UK. Leave all this people that are giving you false hope.
If you do have genuine papers then you won’t even be suffering because in the UK the main means of getting genuine papers is coming on a Tier 2 visa with a job already waiting for you or coming as the spouse or partner of a Permanent resident or citizen in which case they have to earn £18600 before tax.
It’s a pity those abroad will not want to tell the truth of the reality because they want to chop respect and make it look like they are living big.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by sultan1014(m): 12:35am On Dec 22, 2018
GreenCap:

"teach a man how to fish; do not give him fish."
- Chinese proverb

fwd your Resume to megapharm@mail.com using Medical Sales Representative as email subject.

salary ranges from 80 to 100
greetings sir,I'm sorry I had to resort to this approach but I don't really have any other option. I am a graduate of biochemistry (First Class honors) and I completed my service six months ago and still yet to get a job. am hunting for job, seriously need someone to assist me on this. Also, I am unable to attend some of the interviews I was invited due to long distance and inability to afford the transportation fare. Please sir I beseech your assistance in any way you can, even if it's a teaching job
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by sultan1014(m): 12:46am On Dec 22, 2018
erico2k2:

I don fire, wassap still on my UK number though
bro please abeg assist me too na
I'm a graduate of biochemistry & I'm still hunting for a job after completing my service...if u get any connect please help a brother
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by 1stbest(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
drnoel:

if u can go somewhere then good luck. It will help change this Ur Nigerian mentality.
U need to see what's happening outside. Nigeria has a way of streamlining people's mentality.
Cheers.
Also the optimistic ones don't all live in the UK.
The UK is not the other end of the world or the only country one can go to.
Cheers
hello , Bros , am about attend driving school ( I will be 28 this year , no job ) , what is possibility of getting driving job out there , pls
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by drnoel: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
1stbest:
hello , Bros , am about attend driving school ( I will be 28 this year , no job ) , what is possibility of getting driving job out there , pls

Thanx for Ur question. I can't help u with an answer cos I don't know. Anyone that can help this youngman with an answer should pls reply him. Thanx
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by walesho(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
if one got a student visa to UK, but decided to hustle and get stay, what are the risk?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Thane(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
erico2k2:

bross I know all there is to know in the Uk, I have lived here 18 years, I have worked in the private sector and public sector, SO when I am talking Im talking from vast knowledge and expirience.The watch word is Plan well, have an Entry strategy and exit strategy, dont get carried away by shiny things then u r good to go.\\this society works, and with every working society people thrive and progresss if U r ready to get down and dirty!
Sometimes most of you just come on here and talk about what u know next to nothing about,
for example
Insurance. What has that got to do with a person who just migrated to the Uk? what is he Insuring?
Utility Bills £200? where did U get that figure from plz? there are rooms going in SE London for £450 all bills inclussive even Internet.
Transport, £110 will get you amonthly pass from zone 1 to 3 for those taking the underground, but the Buses are way cheaper, now people ride bike to work or simply live near work .
when we say earn 2k it was after tax not B4 tax hence I said a person earning 2K means 30£k plus per year
Still on tax, It is a personal matter, we all have tax code, your circumstances determins your tax code, so its not a blanket %
You are talking about Council Tax, let me Educate you.You only Pay council tax when you rent a whole House or Flat, When you rent a Room you do not pay council Tax in lump sum, it is inclussive in ur rent.as we speak there are self contains going for £600 in SE18 and SE28 all Bils inclussive ,water,gas,electric,Council tax,TV licence and Internet.
you got any more explanations you want cleared

Good afternoon sir, I'd be rounding up service soon, I'm a graduate of Anatomy. I have been reading up about migration to UK after NYSC but everything is just mumbled up. Thank God i saw your post here saying you are quite knowledgeable in this.
I have questions please.

For somebody low on funds, what is the best way (student/work visa or any other way) to enter the UK?
Pls can you tell me if i have any chance of moving to the UK as a fresh Nigerian graduate with no work experience.

I really appreciate your answer sir
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by BoldConcepts(m): 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
You must be specific in your career obtain jobsite account apply for job visa sponsorship ...in shortage in the country
Akalia:
Sir thanks for the fish you intend to intend to give me as a christmas gift but I need to catch the fish myself, please assist me with any job you can.

My marriage is a young one and it can't stop me from travelling to make a living for myself . I and my wife are yet to have offsprings and she is eager to have me get a job, so she wouldn't mind my staying away from home because of a job.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by BoldConcepts(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
Base on my knowledge you must have where you are specialized in to apply for Visa job on various job site
Thane:

Good afternoon sir, I'd be rounding up service soon, I'm a graduate of Anatomy. I have been reading up about migration to UK after NYSC but everything is just mumbled up. Thank God i saw your post here saying you are quite knowledgeable in this.
I have questions please.

For somebody low on funds, what is the best way (student/work visa or any other way) to enter the UK?
Pls can you tell me if i have any chance of moving to the UK as a fresh Nigerian graduate with no work experience.

I really appreciate your answer sir
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by BoldConcepts(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Access job site and apply
sultan1014:

greetings sir,I'm sorry I had to resort to this approach but I don't really have any other option. I am a graduate of biochemistry (First Class honors) and I completed my service six months ago and still yet to get a job. am hunting for job, seriously need someone to assist me on this. Also, I am unable to attend some of the interviews I was invited due to long distance and inability to afford the transportation fare. Please sir I beseech your assistance in any way you can, even if it's a teaching job
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
BoldConcepts:
You must be specific in your career obtain jobsite account apply for job visa sponsorship ...in shortage in the country
Thanks for the tip sir. I visited the jobsite to register and I was redirected to another site "totaljobs", should I proceed?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by BoldConcepts(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
Pardon for the late response... kindly use operamini go to Google search indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn but mind you.

You most have a specific profession,well crafted CV because when you apply on any job the employer will only look at your profile/resume/CV luck you with an interview asap.

Mind you YouTube is there to learn or you still need my help feel free to reach out
Akalia:
Thanks for the tip sir. I visited the jobsite to register and I was redirected to another site "totaljobs", should I proceed?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 10:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
BoldConcepts:
Pardon for the late response... kindly use operamini go to Google search indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn but mind you.

You most have a specific profession,well crafted CV because when you apply on any job the employer will only look at your profile/resume/CV luck you with an interview asap.

Mind you YouTube is there to learn or you still need my help feel free to reach out
Alright. How can I reach you directly other than here?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by BoldConcepts(m): 8:02am On Oct 16, 2022
through my signature
Akalia:
Alright. How can I reach you directly other than here?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Zaynkad: 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2022
wickyyolo:

Thanks for the advice.

But I'm a programmer, also a shareholder in an IT company worth $4Million in 9ja.

I'm kind of comfortable where I am.

Good luck

Please can I get little assistance from you . I want to start a business but no capital yet. Currently learning a school but needs money to buy data and resources. Doing a profitable business will help me afford f resources i need. I can't get a job now cus i am currently heavy. God bless you
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Zaynkad: 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
GreenCap:

but you've got a wife and may'be a child.

i can give you a Christmas gift.

the Naira equivalent of 200 Euros.

Please sir i don't mind the gift. I need assistance to start a business
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Thane(m): 8:32am On Oct 18, 2022
BoldConcepts:
Base on my knowledge you must have where you are specialized in to apply for Visa job on various job site

I'm now into Cybersecurity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Edo State Civil Service Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.