Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (47498 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by yomi007k(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2018
MrMcJay:
UK is not a place to go hustle. There's a lot of protectionism coming into play caused by Brexit. Besides, I doubt if you have the required skills to land well paying opportunities in the UK.

Get a better destination and forget about the UK.

Better destination like where please?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Coolboi05(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2018
stewiepeter:
okay you have to be precise now. The 80k you get in Nigeria how much do you pay for transportation, feeding etc and in London are you going to, do you have a permanent resident card? you have to state all this so your question can be properly answered.
Nice one there!
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by ifeko1214(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2018
What is 80k??

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by killsmith(f): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Bros, if you don't leave this country now, you might regret it for the rest of your life.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by gabicon: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Erme can I ask U a question ?
Do you know earning 2k in the UK means earning 30k plus per year ?
Do you know the Police and the Army earn less than that at entry point ?
Do U also know that a 2k job means you are middle class ?

Do you know that house rent in UK is £500-750 monthly? (A months rent in London is a year's rent in Nigeria)

Do you know that council taxes is £200-300?

Do you know that the tax on £2k is about 15%?

Utility bills £200

Insurance?

Transport?

Food?

Foreign countries are expensive to live in, my £2k analysis is best case senerio probably a bank job or ppi.

3 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2018
lakeside79937:
Make sure you get your work permit before you come to hustle in london . Without your work permit it would be hard for you to get a job . UK has changed alot and with the strict immigration rules now it's not easy .make sure you do your home work well honestly it's not easy no more Runs in the uk if you are caught na go be o
you are xtreemly ignorant, plz visit the travel section more for update, you earn work permit not get it.

PS When I say U r ignorant its not meant as an insult rather pointing to ur naivness.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by joezyni(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2018
If you are to travel to any country,try and develop a lucrative skill set like programming,social media consultancy,etc. also never travel without a plan.

If you are not willing or able to do this then you are better off starting a business with high Return on Investment in Nigeria that has scalability.

Everyone seems to think that once you leave the country will it automatically become rich.

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by hotdealz(m): 8:39am On Sep 29, 2018
Nigeria is a place where basic things in life are seen as luxury.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by zabuur: 8:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.

Now they'll deny u entry into d country whether ur intention is to go in there to hustle or visit. All these ur wahala that u post on d media in search for solutions would land u In more wahala.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by star237(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2018
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by gabicon: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Bros what type of skill would you recommend

I recommend you go online and check, I'm aware that psychiatric nurses are in high demand and also big data expert's. I can't choose for you cos u are the one going to pay the price.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by nairalandchris: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2018
First and foremost, do you have the visa yet or you are counting your chicks before the eggs hatch.

2. Why would you go to the UK to hustle and you live in London? You will spend your whole money on bills. I laugh at my friends living in London and complaining. Apart from the Nigerian community support and transport system, I don't like it.

In London, a 1bedroom flat cost btw £1200 to £2000 depending it's proximity to central London. But in Liverpool and Manchester, you could get same accommodation for £400.

3 if you are illegal in london you go suffer, I swear you go suffer.
People will take advantage of you and use you.
Even people that are below your level if you guys were in Nigeria. But if you are unmarried maybe God will help you find a woman. Then quickly start a family life. But then to still get the documentation will be very hard and they will trouble your soul before you get it.

4. I regretted going to the UK during my first two years. It was very hard for me. I suffered many afflictions to my soul but I didn't want to come back empty to Nigeria.
But in third year, God made me to mile. Changed my story for the better. Now those that use to help me now borrow & beg me for money. Don't ask me what I did.
So n.a. destiny. grin

5. It is worth it if you are able to suffer awhile. I have friends who are 10 years illegal here and have nothing, not even a land to show for it back home.

6. The best way to think about going aboard is not to hustle but to live a quality life. There are those born here and are broke and homeless or facing stro g financial challenges. What then is the possibility that you will come here and blow up.
At all at all, you will be at most average, and die an advance man here. tongue

I believe I have shared my 2 cent.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Gkemz: 8:48am On Sep 29, 2018
If your intention of traveling outside is for the purpose of hustling, remove UK from your list. Visa to UK is expensive and you can't use student visa to secure a job. Tuition fee is also expensive and if you manage to find your way in for business, taxes and government levies are inevitable. You virtually pay for everything and if you must own a well furnished house with two exotic cars or more, you must provide evidence of good and legitimate earnings.
UK lifestyle makes one miserly and stingy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2018
gabicon:

Do you know that house rent in UK is £500-750 monthly? (A months rent in London is a year's rent in Nigeria)

Do you know that council taxes is £200-300?

Do you know that the tax on £2k is about 15%?

Utility bills £200

Insurance?

Transport?

Food?

bross I know all there is to know in the Uk, I have lived here 18 years, I have worked in the private sector and public sector, SO when I am talking Im talking from vast knowledge and expirience.The watch word is Plan well, have an Entry strategy and exit strategy, dont get carried away by shiny things then u r good to go.\\this society works, and with every working society people thrive and progresss if U r ready to get down and dirty!
Sometimes most of you just come on here and talk about what u know next to nothing about,
for example
Insurance. What has that got to do with a person who just migrated to the Uk? what is he Insuring?
Utility Bills £200? where did U get that figure from plz? there are rooms going in SE London for £450 all bills inclussive even Internet.
Transport, £110 will get you amonthly pass from zone 1 to 3 for those taking the underground, but the Buses are way cheaper, now people ride bike to work or simply live near work .
when we say earn 2k it was after tax not B4 tax hence I said a person earning 2K means 30£k plus per year
Still on tax, It is a personal matter, we all have tax code, your circumstances determins your tax code, so its not a blanket %
You are talking about Council Tax, let me Educate you.You only Pay council tax when you rent a whole House or Flat, When you rent a Room you do not pay council Tax in lump sum, it is inclussive in ur rent.as we speak there are self contains going for £600 in SE18 and SE28 all Bils inclussive ,water,gas,electric,Council tax,TV licence and Internet.
you got any more explanations you want cleared

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:50am On Sep 29, 2018
Gkemz:
If your intention of traveling outside is for the purpose of hustling, remove UK from your list. Visa to UK is expensive and you can't use student visa to secure a job. Tuition fee is also expensive and if you manage to find your way in for business, taxes and government levies are inevitable. You virtually pay for everything and if you must own a well furnished house with two exotic cars you must provide evidence of your earnings.
UK lifestyle makes one miserly and stingy.
So because U pay tax U become stingy, well look at Nigerians who do not pay taxes, they are worse than STINGY! which do you chose?

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by star237(m): 8:51am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by star237(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2018
If u have a plan, and u are very sure of it. Then proceed. Just be wise, its not easy over there too
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2018
nairalandchris:
First and foremost, do you have the visa yet or you are counting your chicks before the eggs hatch.

2. Why would you go to the UK to hustle and you live in London? You will spend your whole money on bills. I laugh at my friends living in London and complaining. Apart from the Nigerian community support and transport system, I don't like it.

In London, a 1bedroom flat cost btw £1200 to £2000 depending it's proximity to central London. But in Liverpool and Manchester, you could get same accommodation for £400.

3 if you are illegal in london you go suffer, I swear you go suffer.
People will take advantage of you and use you.
Even people that are below your level if you guys were in Nigeria. But if you are unmarried maybe God will help you find a woman. Then quickly start a family life. But then to still get the documentation will be very hard and they will trouble your soul before you get it.

4. I regretted going to the UK during my first two years. It was very hard for me. I suffered many afflictions to my soul but I didn't want to come back empty to Nigeria.
But in third year, God made me to mile. Changed my story for the better. Now those that use to help me now borrow & beg me for money. Don't ask me what I did.
So n.a. destiny. grin

5. It is worth it if you are able to suffer awhile. I have friends who are 10 years illegal here and have nothing, not even a land to show for it back home.

6. The best way to think about going aboard is not to hustle but to live a quality life. There are those born here and are broke and homeless or facing stro g financial challenges. What then is the possibility that you will come here and blow up.
At all at all, you will be at most average, and die an advance man here. tongue

I believe I have shared my 2 cent.
Well said,What I take from ur post is that there is Equall opportunity for everybody to Blow
2nd U 4got to add, Ur kids will never ever Know about the suffering in Nigeria yet they might come be the minister of Finance one day but with NYSC Exemption certificate ahahaha

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by star237(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2018
.[quote author=star237 post=71625621][/quote]
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by isArray: 8:54am On Sep 29, 2018
london is very tight, na nigerians full there now

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2018
gabicon:

I recommend you go online and check, I'm aware that psychiatric nurses are in high demand and also big data expert's. I can't choose for you cos u are the one going to pay the price.
yes they are, My last lil sister is doing it as we speak, she got a year to go and Im importing her to the UK sharp sharp!
The watch word Plan well!!!
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Gkemz: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

So because U pay tax U become stingy, well look at Nigerians who do not pay taxes, they are worse than STINGY! which do you chose?

One problem with you people is that you don't read through the lines before misquoting someone probably because your understanding is too shallow. I pin pointed so many factors that make living in UK difficult. These factors tend to make one overprudent in spending.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by DKM123: 8:58am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

bross I know all there is to know in the Uk, I have lived here 18 years, I have worked in the private sector and public sector, SO when I am talking Im talking from vast knowledge and expirience.The watch word is Plan well, have an Entry strategy and exit strategy, dont get carried away by shiny things then u r good to go.\\this society works, and with every working society people thrive and progresss if U r ready to get down and dirty!
Sometimes most of you just come on her and talk about what u know next to nothing about,
for example
Insurance. What has that got to do with a person who just migrated to the Uk? waht is he Insuring?
Utility Bills £200? where did U get that figure from plz? there are rooms going in SE London for £450 all bills inclussive even Internet.
Transport, £110 will get you amonthly pass from zone 1 to 3 for those taking the underground, but the Buses are way cheaper, now people ride bike to work or simply live near work .
when we say earn 2k it was after tax not B4 tax hence I said a person earning 2K means 30£k plus per year
Still on tax, It is a personal matter, we all have tax code, your circumstances determins your tax code, so its not a blanket %
You are talking about Council Tax, let me Educate you.You only Pay council tax when you rent a whole House or Flat, When you rent a Room you do not pay council Tax in lump sum, it is inclussive in ur rent.as we speak there are self contains going for[b] £600 in SE18 [/b]and SE28 all Bils inclussive ,water,gas,electric,Council tax,TV licence and Internet.
you got any more explanations you want cleared

Is the 600pounds monthly or yearly.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by kaywhy09(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2018
Well, I will advice you to stay with your 80k

Meanwhile, me I like to hustle. you can invest that traveling expense on me. I will be sending you double of your monthly income when I get there.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by wickyyolo: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

yes they are, My last lil sister is doing it as we speak, she got a year to go and Im importing her to the UK sharp sharp!
The watch word Plan well!!!

Your not telling people what jobs they can get when they come there. Your only talking from your own position, which is easy because you have been there.

Some people that just travel they will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by wickyyolo: 9:01am On Sep 29, 2018
isArray:
london is very tight, na nigerians full there now

I swear.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2018
As a London returnee I will advice thus; Sit your a.ss down in Naija if you're not going to London with a clear plan like a specific job offer or an academic pursuit. Nothing like 'just going to hustle' there. You go wash toilet or stand like lamp post as security tire. That country has limited opportunities and is not conducive for random hustle..Try America.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
If you go legally why not..... and when you get there develop a plan and stick to it
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2018
wickyyolo:

Your not telling people what jobs they can get when they come there. Your only talking from your own position, which is easy because you have been there.

Some people that just travel they will suffer.
I assume this is you stylishly enquiring about way to go if U ever find urself in london.
OK Now that you asked, I will assume OP has a genuine reason and way(legit) to enter the UK
If thats the case there are entry Jobs for Despirate people, lets assume his spouse is the one asking him to come to the Uk after wedding and he gets the VISA

Depends on waht you read in 9ja you can top up, but if you ended in econdary school
lets start from the worse JOBS
You can
Go and Join Viola
Do Security
Work in construction
Get a licence and Drive
Work as a civil Enforcement Officer
Work asFactory worker
Do a short 2 weeks course o n Care work and start from there.
or if U r young join the apprentorship wargoon.
These all do not need qualification, you can do them for 6 months and gather urself and upgrade
However if U r a professional then you can go into ur chosen field.
If \u know U know

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by boldking(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2018
Depreacherman:
Broh what's 80k job when you have the opportunity to leave Africa. is better to work in restaurant in a country that has a good system. You will even live longer, than working in a bank in a country where the whole system is in shamble.

God bless your whole generations

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2018
DKM123:

Is the 600pounds monthly or yearly.
Monthly bro,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Edo State Civil Service Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.