Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (47496 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
Akalia:
Microbiology; I have worked in FMCG industries. I am a good writer; computer and Internet savvy and more.

I don't mind an entry level job sir. 08034775268

which city do you live in at present?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

which city do you live in at present?
Enugu State. Won't have a problem relocating.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

God of Abraham bless you too Sir.

As Soon As Possible the trans-generational blessing come my way,

na UK, Canada or Aussie permanent resident visa (PRV) not "pvc" sure pass.

US, Germany or Swiss work permit is my intent too
God will surely make a way.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Jamestown123: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
BestDude:
it just reduced to 2k left in my account. Hope that truth makes u feel u can't achieve any? undecided
That might be the truth too.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
Akalia:
Enugu State. Won't have a problem relocating.

but you've got a wife and may'be a child.

i can give you a Christmas gift.

the Naira equivalent of 200 Euros.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
Jamestown123:
God will surely make a way.
...where there seems to be no way.
Amen
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

but you've got a wife and may'be a child.

i can give you a Christmas gift.

the Naira equivalent of 200 Euros.
Sir thanks for the fish you intend to intend to give me as a christmas gift but I need to catch the fish myself, please assist me with any job you can.

My marriage is a young one and it can't stop me from travelling to make a living for myself . I and my wife are yet to have offsprings and she is eager to have me get a job, so she wouldn't mind my staying away from home because of a job.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by nwabobo: 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
rman:
You better stay back. There are several Nigerian hustlers in London that will gladly come back to take that 80k job.

Unless you have some very special skills in some certain fields which you feel pays well over there.

There is always room for growth here.

Those Nigerians must be illegal immigrants.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
Akalia:
Sir thanks for the fish you intend to intend to give me as a christmas gift but I need to catch the fish myself, please assist me with any job you can.

My marriage is a young one and it can't stop me from travelling to make a living for myself . I and my wife are yet to have offsprings and she is eager to have me get a job, so she wouldn't mind my staying away from home because of a job.

"teach a man how to fish; do not give him fish."
- Chinese proverb

fwd your Resume to megapharm@mail.com using Medical Sales Representative as email subject.

salary ranges from 80 to 100
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

"teach a man how to fish; do not give him fish."
- Chinese proverb

fwd your Resume to megapharm@mail.com using Medical Sales Representative as email subject.

salary ranges from 80 to 100
CV forwarded sir. You must be good with proverbs sir, at the bolded.

Please how do I keep a tab on my application sir?
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by omohayek: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

If U do nt understand ask questions, People who live and work in the UK will Understand waht I mean by 2k means 30k, your yearly tax for you to have a take home of 2k must be close 6k plus, then add NI contribution plus Pension, your deduction must have clocked 7k plus, now do the matsh Plz 2k monthly take home must mean 24K take home in a year. your tax at that must be 6k plus add to 24k is that not more than 30k?? This was why I said a person with a 2k take home is an Average earner and a middle class.
More innumerate rubbish. I've actually lived in the UK for a substantial amount of time, and unlike your barely-literate self, I've done so as a highly paid professional, making more than even the typical British doctor or barrister does until very late in their careers (think 6 figures in GBP). Even for those making at least £60k/year, life in London can be a struggle, with rents for 1-bedrooms in Zone 3 going for at least £1,200/month, rising to £2,200/month to live in a decent 1-bedroom in Zone 1. Even before getting to the issue of rent, UK taxes and national insurance are far higher than anything Nigerians are used to, and unless you're a long-term UK resident who is entitled to income support, you won't be getting any of that back to subsidise your lifestyle.

I repeat: anyone claiming as you do that one can make £30,000 a year in London while "hustling" is telling ridiculous lies. Even as a legal immigrant, without highly desirable skills the only sorts of jobs one can hope for are minimum wage roles, but the UK minimum wage is currently only £7.83, which works out to only £78.30 working as many as 10 hours a day, or less than £1,300/month if the job is a full-time one where one is guaranteed 40 hours/week: of course, typical minimum-wage jobs in fast-food, sanitation, supermarkets, etc. offer such sustained employment, most being at best part-time and highly irregular. This sort of money is barely enough to eat, pay for a travelcard, buy the cheapest second-hand clothes, and live in a dirty, cold, cramped bedsit far out from central London, which in turn means hours commuting each way to and from a sh*t job where you'll be treated by everyone as if you were less than human.

As for illegal immigrants who have no legal protections and must take whatever they can get working cash-only jobs, even the miserable existence of an unskilled legal resident will seem like heaven. What do you do when the farmer you've been breaking your back picking lettuce for decides he doesn't feel like paying you? What if the hotel where you've been washing dishes and cleaning toilets decides to only pay you £2.50/hour for your time, instead of the £5/hour they promised. Will you be stupid enough to report authorities who will immediately arrest you, throw you in a holding facility for 6 months and then deport you? Of course not, you'll keep your mouth shut and take whatever humiliation your illegal employer decides to dish out. The only way an illegal immigrant can "hustle" in London and make big money is by engaging in criminal activities like fraud and drug trafficking, and there are already more than enough such types in the UK disgracing Nigeria, thank you very much.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by TEYA: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

you know something and that is, how to bet 9ja
You are just trying to tell me what you spent the whole of your week doing.
I lived in UK, you only watch it on tv.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by ibrahimdoc: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2018
Yoighaman:

What do you do for a living?

i work in a hotel as house keeper.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by TEYA: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2018
omohayek:

More innumerate rubbish. I've actually lived in the UK for a substantial amount of time, and unlike your barely-literate self, I've done so as a highly paid professional, making more than even the typical British doctor or barrister does until very late in their careers (think 6 figures in GBP). Even for those making at least £60k/year, life in London can be a struggle, with rents for 1-bedrooms in Zone 3 going for at least £1,200/month, rising to £2,200/month to live in a decent 1-bedroom in Zone 1. Even before getting to the issue of rent, UK taxes and national insurance are far higher than anything Nigerians are used to, and unless you're a long-term UK resident who is entitled to income support, you won't be getting any of that back to subsidise your lifestyle.

I repeat: anyone claiming as you do that one can make £30,000 a year in London while "hustling" is telling ridiculous lies. Even as a legal immigrant, without highly desirable skills the only sorts of jobs one can hope for are minimum wage roles, but the UK minimum wage is currently only £7.83, which works out to only £78.30 working as many as 10 hours a day, or less than £1,300/month if the job is a full-time one where one is guaranteed 40 hours/week: of course, typical minimum-wage jobs in fast-food, sanitation, supermarkets, etc. offer such sustained employment, most being at best part-time and highly irregular. This sort of money is barely enough to eat, pay for a travelcard, buy the cheapest second-hand clothes, and live in a dirty, cold, cramped bedsit far out from central London, which in turn means hours commuting each way to and from a sh*t job where you'll be treated by everyone as if you were less than human.

As for illegal immigrants who have no legal protections and must take whatever they can get working cash-only jobs, even the miserable existence of an unskilled legal resident will seem like heaven. What do you do when the farmer you've been breaking your back picking lettuce for decides he doesn't feel like paying you? What if the hotel where you've been washing dishes and cleaning toilets decides to only pay you £2.50/hour for your time, instead of the £5/hour they promised. Will you be stupid enough to report authorities who will immediately arrest you, throw you in a holding facility for 6 months and then deport you? Of course not, you'll keep your mouth shut and take whatever humiliation your illegal employer decides to dish out. The only way an illegal immigrant can "hustle" in London and make big money is by engaging in criminal activities like fraud and drug trafficking, and there are already more than enough such types in the UK disgracing Nigeria, thank you very much.
You are expending so much time and energy preaching this sermon to him. erico2k2 and the rest of them on nairaland will never listen. I was in Edinburgh for a course and I saw Nigerians suffering all in the name of living in UK. Many went there believing they will do menial jobs and pay their fees with their earnings. Hmm. I left them there suffering long after their programme with interest accruing on their outstanding fees. Many Nigerians have failed to realise that the UK system was built for them not for us to go there and grow rich.

4 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by ibrahimdoc: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=Loverheart post=71633693]

Bros, help a brother too...... Any form of assistance would be appreciated....... ANY FORM OF ASSISTANCE.... E joor[/quote

what type of asistance are we talking about here bro? do let me know ok.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
TEYA:
You are just trying to tell me what you spent the whole of your week doing. I lived in UK, you only watch it on tv.
i see. previously in the UK, where betting originated. welcome back.
now we know what you did with your GBP.
nothing can stop the OP from traveling.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by obailala(m): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
Goodplace:
Please I intent to go to London to for a better life but currently I earn about 80k. Is it wiser to travel to London to hustle? Please advice.
If you have a valid visa which permits you to work, and which has a long expiry (preferably indefinite), then it wouldn't be a bad idea hopping on the plane to try your luck elsewhere.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by BestDude: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
Jamestown123:
That might be the truth too.
and I just ended up being broke... No more money. cry
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by TEYA: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
GreenCap:

i see. previously in the UK, where betting originated. welcome back.

now we know what you did with your GBP.

nothing can stop the OP from traveling.
Lol just make sure you don't try going through the desert because i know how desperate you guys can be, your brothers die everyday in Libya like chicken. Try to get a visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
TEYA:

Lol just make sure you don't try going through the desert because i know how desperate you guys can be, your brothers die everyday in Libya like chicken. Try to get a visa.

no one goes to UK via Sahara desert.

the islands of Britannia are not bound by land with the rest of Europe.

he does not intend to go to Italia enroute Libya or to Espana through Morocco.

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by omohayek: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

You are ignorant let me lecture you a bit here regards ROOMS
here @470 all Inclussive
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/48224578?search_identifier=79a535879112d040dd27dabe89cbf054

@ £385 all Bills Inclussive
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/49087044?search_identifier=383afaf24df53e10ab50798459424bd3

@ £400 all Bills Inclussive
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/49063843?search_identifier=383afaf24df53e10ab50798459424bd3

@£480 all Bills
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/49053836?search_identifier=383afaf24df53e10ab50798459424bd3
Dont you now look Ignorant
If U know U know
Clearly YOU don't know any better than to list the sort of third-rate accommodation you point to, as if anyone who wants to live like a decent human being would ever accept such places. In any case, you also clearly don't know that it is now ILLEGAL in the UK for any would-be landlord to fail to verify the legal residency status of would-be tenants before taking them, so any wannabe "hustler" seeking to claim asylum or overstay a visa wouldn't be able to apply for even the sorts of sh*thole rooms in sh*thole areas you are happy staying in.

https://linkilaw.com/blog/landlords-illegal-immigrants-uk

You can keep peddling false hopes to gullible readers who think you actually "know" anything more than how to live a hand-to-mouth existence at the very bottom rungs of British society, doing the sort of low-paid, low-status "work" that makes people treat you as invisible at best and like a slave at worst. Sensible Nigerians with intelligence and a good work ethic are better off staying at home and hooking up with firms like Andela, where they can become contractor programmers earning in US dollars while enjoying a much lower Nigerian cost of living, rather than sneaking their way into a UK where as illegal immigrants they will have no rights and will constantly be struggling to keep financially afloat.

5 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2018
omohayek:

with the stupid state of Nigeria, it should not claim anyone is disgracing it. It has no reputation to defend in the first place

So much suffering and wickedness in one space, and people fleeing is only reactional to the sorry state of the f**ked up shithole.

I hear these days, Nigerian youths are even considering going to countries that most people in Nigeria did not even know if 10 years ago

Estonia, Bulgaria; Romania, Heck! some are even considering gambia, Uganda and Mexico cheesy

And you are talking about "disgracing Nigeria" grin cheesy

abeg

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by asamwababy: 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

If U do nt understand ask questions, People who live and work in the UK will Understand waht I mean by 2k means 30k, your yearly tax for you to have a take home of 2k must be close 6k plus, then add NI contribution plus Pension, your deduction must have clocked 7k plus, now do the matsh Plz 2k monthly take home must mean 24K take home in a year. your tax at that must be 6k plus add to 24k is that not more than 30k?? This was why I said a person with a 2k take home is an Average earner and a middle class.

Why are you so wicked.

Are you not aware of the uk immigration law.

Even to rent a house will be war for this guy if he plans on staying back with a visitor or tourist visa.

Op embark.on this journey then you go know say Khaki no be leather.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2018
asamwababy:

Why are you so wicked.

Are you not aware of the uk immigration law.

Even to rent a house will be war for this guy if he plans on staying back with a visitor or tourist visa.

Op embark.on this journey then you go know say Khaki no be leather.
DO you live i n teh UK??
Have you kived in the UK
Thirdly you are a big FOOOOOL with CV for calling me wicked,
as a matter of fact an Idiot and a silly o ne at that now Foxtrot Oscar!
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2018
omohayek:

Clearly YOU don't know any better than to list the sort of third-rate accommodation you point to, as if anyone who wants to live like a decent human being would ever accept such places. In any case, you also clearly don't know that it is now ILLEGAL in the UK for any would-be landlord to fail to verify the legal residency status of would-be tenants before taking them, so any wannabe "hustler" seeking to claim asylum or overstay a visa wouldn't be able to apply for even the sorts of sh*thole rooms in sh*thole areas you are happy staying in.

https://linkilaw.com/blog/landlords-illegal-immigrants-uk

You can keep peddling false hopes to gullible readers who think you actually "know" anything more than how to live a hand-to-mouth existence at the very bottom rungs of British society, doing the sort of low-paid, low-status "work" that makes people treat you as invisible at best and like a slave at worst. Sensible Nigerians with intelligence and a good work ethic are better off staying at home and hooking up with firms like Andela, where they can become contractor programmers earning in US dollars while enjoying a much lower Nigerian cost of living, rather than sneaking their way into a UK where as illegal immigrants they will have no rights and will constantly be struggling to keep financially afloat.
Just B4 you deep ur head i n the sand, it is worthy to know, Every single one of us who own our own homes today have such humble begining, we all started with one room, then moved to a studio, then 1 bed flat, then council then bought the 1st the 2nd and the 3rd,
The fact remains,you are arguing about something and a system you know nothing about.You are calling these substandard, let me ask you, what kind of accomodation would you get in ABJ, Lagos or PH for 80K a month?sometimes most of yah hate facing reality and are despirately silly.my house in PHC 2 bed my tenants pay 500k/ year. so U can imagine what a room would cost in that area

2 Likes

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by drnoel: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2018
GreenCap:

Mr. Know All,

you are NOT all knowing than the 200 wise men and women who LIKE my comment.

Nigerians in Africa refer to the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) as London.

we also refer to the US as America (two continents)

when i go to Manchester my village people can say, he traveled to London.

residents of Suleja (Niger state) or Maraba (Nasarawa) are in Abuja

while those in Ojodu Berger (Ogun) are in Lagos

and the ones living in Obigbo (closer to Aba) are in Port Harcourt.

much ado about nothing as the OP goes to Britain.

Rubbish reply, nonsensical at most. Park well. I retain that Ur ignorance is resounding. Only explanation is u haven't gone nowhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by LordsApostle: 2:56am On Sep 30, 2018
omohayek:

u are sensible, the few sensible ones on the thread.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by LordsApostle: 3:06am On Sep 30, 2018
TEYA:

brother, there are many kids on nairaland that have no slightest idea what the world is all about, under mummy's breast and lovely meals... U shouldn't waste precious time on banters with such.. Just pass your point across and move on.. Any mature and sensible reader can decipher hard facts and sensibility when such is seen.
I'm currently making my way to the UK though, on work visa... My target is another country, just want to get the UK experience as it gives a better chance. I pray it turns out well..

Stay blessed bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by LordsApostle: 3:17am On Sep 30, 2018
erico2k2:

Just B4 you deep ur head i n teh sand, it is worthy to know, Every single o ne of us who own our own homes today have such humble begining, we all started with one room, then moved to studio, then 1 bed flat, then council then bought the 1st the 2nd and the 3rd,
The fact remains,you are arguing about something and a system you know nothing about.You are calling these substandard, let me ask you, waht kind of accomodation would you get in ABJ Lagos or PH for 80K a month?sometimes most of yah hate facing reality and are despirqtly silly.my house in PHC 2 bed my tenants pay 500k/ year. so U can imagine waht a room would cost in that area
please what's the difference between, room, studio and flat? Thanks.
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by Loverheart(m): 3:41am On Sep 30, 2018
[quote author=ibrahimdoc post=71640153][/quote]

Financial Bro....... I also intend leaving this country but not financially capable so I need help in first pursuing a career as a photographer, you can assist me with either a laptop or camera
Re: Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? by GreenCap: 5:21am On Sep 30, 2018
drnoel:

Rubbish reply, nonsensical at most. Park well. I retain that Ur ignorance is resounding. Only explanation is u haven't gone nowhere

it can't stop me from going somewhere.

gonna do this winter holiday in western Europe.

there are 2 groups of commentators here:

the optimistic ones in UK

and the pessi-mis-ts.

person miss to stay
back.

2000 doctors leave Nigeria yearly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Never Apply For A Federal Government Job Again Without Strong Connection / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Edo State Civil Service Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.