Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. (22253 Views)

Ambode Dumped By Idiat Adebule, Deputy Governor Of Lagos, For Sanwo-olu / Ambode Breaks Down In Tears As APC Bigwigs Settle For Sanwo-Olu - Pulse / Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2018

Ahead of Saturday’s direct primaries of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, members of the Association of Waste Managers of Nigeria, popularly called PSP operators, on Thursday embarked on what they called a ‘free-waste-collection’ rally on major roads in the state in support of a governorship aspirant, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The rally came about a week after the PSP operators at a press conference declared their support for Sanwo-Olu, who had declared his intention to take over from the incumbent governor, Akinwunmi Ambode.

The PSP operators adorned their waste collection trucks with banners and campaign posters of Sanwo-Olu, while some of them also were decked in vests and fez caps bearing the aspirant’s photograph.

During the rally, which reportedly took place simultaneously in different parts of the state, the association members packed waste dumped on major roads.

Speaking in Alimosho, the Chairman of the association, Alhaji Ola Egbeyemi, said the PSP operators were convinced that Sanwo-Olu, if elected to replace Ambode, would restore Lagos to its former clean state and also restore the jobs of the 25,000 workers engaged by the association members

Egbeyemi said, “We are very sure that if all the votes of the masses are given to Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos is going to reclaim its past glory; that is the purpose of this support rally.

“We have declared a day of free refuse packing from the highways so that everybody will know that we can do it.”

Also speaking, the association’s Vice Chairman, Mr David Oriyomi, said the association went political because the earlier waste management arrangement put in place “by our grand patrol, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, was thwarted through political means. It is therefore imperative that we put it right through political means.”

The association’s spokesman, Mr Olugbenga Adebola, added that the PSP operators were saddened to see their achievement of turning Lagos State into one of the cleanest cities in the world being reversed in the last three years.

He said, “What we are doing today is a free service to drum up support for Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

“As it has been established, through the effort of the PSP operators and the support given by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, we were able to move Lagos from one of the dirtiest cities in the world to one of the cleanest with a lot of awards and accolades.

“It saddens our heart to see our labour of making Lagos one of the cleanest cities in the world being reversed in the past three years.”

https://punchng.com/psp-operators-collect-waste-for-free-for-sanwo-olu/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Kamelot77(m): 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lagos state = tinubu state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Holywizard: 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
I thought that PSP meant Play Station Portable.

'like' if u thought so

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by tstx(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thanks to Lagos PSP no longer mean Play Station Portable

see my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
The powers that be (Tinubu) has anointed him to be next Governor of Lagos state.

Tinubu decides who becomes the governor of Lagos state.

Our votes don't count anymore in this country.

11 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by gbeseun(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ambode is finished

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by forgiveness: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good job.

4 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by otherway: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ambode goofed big time.

22 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Taich(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ambode Pele. Looks like this guy is fully ready to take our Lagos State. Ambode swim or drown the decision is yours.

18 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Taich(m): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
otherway:
Ambode goofed big time.
Please what was his sin?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
Is it now that you know
MyVILLAGEpeople:
The powers that be (Tinubu) has anointed him to be next Governor of Lagos state.

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ambode BYE BYE OOOO

14 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Sultty(m): 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
See mumu's they are running from fry pan to fire. The day u stop believing/assume to know what promises politicians will fulfill, that's d day u become wiser

2 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Babymira(f): 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Aii..PSP is Relevant.

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by otherway: 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Sometimes we need to think deep.

Godfatherism is everywhere but let's face It, Tinubu has managed to present good governors to Lagosians and I mean real technocrat whilst he maintains the political structure making it a win-win situation.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by harley88(m): 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ambode didn't try with Waste Management in Lagos at all

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
Na waooo
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by savio93(m): 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Tinubu in action.

I liked Ambode, but if after three years of stay. We still spend a lot hours between okoko and oJo barracks because of the numerous bad roads.

Ahh. On Monday, I trekked from Volks to trade fair not because I don't have transport far but because the road was so terrible and Okada riders had a free day of exploiting stranded people.

I stand with anybody not Ambode joor.
Daily, we trek all the way to trade fair... It's not fair at all

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by guydangerous(m): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
Holywizard:
I thought that PSP meant Play Station Portable.

'like' if u thought so
I thought the same thing as well
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by nymphomaniac(m): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
Psp kor, game boy advance ni..
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by opportunities12(m): 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
I had the privilege of chatting extensively with a top government office holder in Lagos state who dissected the administration of Ambode, he has good intentions but what he failed to realize is governance is about effectively carrying along the people over whom you govern. An adage in yoruba says " eniyan laso wa". Human relation matters in whatever position you find yourself in life

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by savio93(m): 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
This guy over black oo

2 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
savio93:
Tinubu in action.

I liked Ambode, but if after three years of stay. We still spend a lot hours between okoko and oJo barracks because of the numerous bad roads.

Ahh. On Monday, I trekked from Volks to trade fair not because I don't have transport far but because the road was so terrible and Okada riders had a free day of exploiting stranded people.

I stand with anybody not Ambode joor.
Daily, we trek all the way to trade fair... It's not fair at all
that road is a federal road.

12 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Sultty:
See mumu's they are running from fry pan to fire. The day u stop believing/assume to know what promises politicians will fulfill, that's d day u become wiser
I think the guy they are supporting is one of them.
They are fighting for him to retain their business.

4 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
opportunities12:
I had the privilege of chatting extensively with a top government office holder in Lagos state who dissected the administration of Ambode, he has good intentions but what he failed to realize is governance is about effectively carrying along the people over whom you govern. An adage in yoruba says " eniyan laso wa". Human relation matters in whatever position you find yourself in life
which people did he not carry along? D governed or d men behind d scene?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
otherway:

Godfatherism is everywhere but let's face It, Tinubu has managed to present good governors to Lagosians and I mean real technocrat whilst he maintains the political structure making it a win-win situation.

Are we still practicing democracy then??

Why can't the people choose who should become their leader, instead of one man deciding who becomes governor of a state of about 20 million people.

4 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
otherway:

then y is d position of technocrat ambode under threat?

4 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by opportunities12(m): 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
Taich:

Please what was his sin?

Human relation wise he got is wrong, i had the privilege of chatting extensively with a staff in the governors office today, she explained that though he has good intentions but his style of government is 100% autocratic.

2 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
darol4real:
Is it now that you know
Bro shey na like this things go continue..
we can't continue Like this, just because of some few people's greed..
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Ugosample(m): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
otherway:

Good governors you say??

His own government was terrible

Fashola's govt was just above average (by Nigerian standard sef )

And Ambode is a below average governor

let's face the truth

Is it not the same Lagos I know?

And let's look ar the other governors he foisted elsewhere

most of them are useless.

This country as a whole needs help

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by savio93(m): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
lexy2014:
that road is a federal road.

So that's your excuse abi?

As far as I'm concerned ...I am taking it out on the immediate govt.

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by naijacentric(m): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
tstx:
Thanks to Lagos PSP no longer mean Play Station Portable

see my signature
mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps In Rowdy Session As Tambuwal Sides With Baraje-led PDP / Annkio Briggs And Others Attacked By Thugs In Bayelsa. PICS / Oyegun And Governors Attend APC National Working Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.