Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. (22280 Views)

Ambode Dumped By Idiat Adebule, Deputy Governor Of Lagos, For Sanwo-olu / Ambode Breaks Down In Tears As APC Bigwigs Settle For Sanwo-Olu - Pulse / Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Sultty(m): 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
kingkakaone:

I think the guy they are supporting is one of them.
They are fighting for him to retain their business.
That's what they will be expecting until after swearing in and boom their situation becomes more shity sad
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by naijacentric(m): 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ambode is a dirty man thank God he is going

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by ireke(m): 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Taich:

Please what was his sin?

PS.
1. I no longer live in Lagos
2. I'm totally not interested in politics

This is just my layman's opinion and point of view - the title of this thread highlights one of his sins. He sacked all these small PSP operators to bring in one previously non existent company that did not do a good job about keeping waste off Lagos streets.

I can pen the bad roads that someone mentioned to the general leadership incompetence that we are almost used to in Nigeria. However, Fashola did a good job of keeping waste off the streets with the PSP operators so the policy reversal didn't work in his favour at all.

5 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 12:01am On Sep 29, 2018
savio93:

So that's your excuse abi?

As far as I'm concerned ...I am taking it out on the immediate govt.
I don't owe u any excuse cos am not d minister of works. When u say "immediate govt", which are u referring to, local govt, state or federal?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Taich(m): 12:01am On Sep 29, 2018
ireke:

PS.
1. I no longer live in Lagos
2. I'm totally not interested in politics

This is just my layman's opinion and point of view - the title of this thread highlights one of his sins. He sacked all these small PSP operators to bring in one previously non existent company that did not do a good job about keeping waste off Lagos streets.

I can pen the bad roads that someone mentioned to the general leadership incompetence that we are almost used to in Nigeria. However, Fashola did a good job of keeping waste off the streets with the PSP operators so the policy reversal didn't work in his favour at all.
Thanks so much, a least I can read some unbiased stuffs online about Ambode saga.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 29, 2018
Yes, Ambode decided to chart his own path and not be subjected to the whims and caprices of the so-called state leaders like Banire and Fashola. After all, he's an elected exec governor, not their boy, and deserves his own respect too.

Yes, Ambode is not perfect, but neutrals know he's sincere, broad-minded (can't really say so of Fashola) and focused on his own vision (not Banire's or Fashola's unsolicited blueprint).

But you know the real issues why all the sudden noise about Sanwo-Olu (a man from the 'system' according to Banire)? It's the PSP. operators. They are actually not private enterpreneurs. They are members of the Mandate Group Fashola compensated with a regular flow of massive income through the PSP-Lawma arrangement.

So when Ambode decided to modernize waste mgt as it's done in Western country (He didn't get it right initially, but would eventually after all the teething problems), they revolted. How can Ambode remove their source of monthly multi million income generation?

Forget all the yadayada about potholes, bridge and blah, blah. They are all smokescreen. The real issues are the PSP operators who are the APC delegate/foot soldiers and members of the Mandate Group (some of them are here on Nairaland. I suspect deomelo is one).

They've got assurance from Sanwo-Olu that he will restore back their honey pot and continue with Fashola's policies. And Tinubu doesn't want to go against them as they're his subjects he relies on to continue his political relevance in Lagos.

THIS IS THE SUMMARY. DON'T BE CARRIED AWAY BY SMOKE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:03am On Sep 29, 2018
lexy2014:
then is d position of technocrat ambode under threat?

Ambode is not a technocrat and never was, he was a an accountant.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Taich(m): 12:03am On Sep 29, 2018
opportunities12:

Human relation wise he got is wrong, i had the privilege of chatting extensively with a staff in the governors office today, she explained that though he has good intentions but his style of government is 100% autocratic.
We that do not stay in Lagos think that his sin is because he angered the gods of the land.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:06am On Sep 29, 2018
[s]
WritePal:
Yes, Ambode decided to chart his own path and not be subjected to the whims and caprices of the so-called state leaders like Banire and Fashola. After all, he's an elected exec governor, not their boy, and deserves his own respect too.

Yes, Ambode is not perfect, but neutrals know he's sincere, broad-minded (can't really say so of Fashola) and focused on his own vision (not Banire's or Fashola's unsolicited blueprint).

But you know the real issues why all the sudden noise about Sanwo-Olu (a man from the 'system' according to Banire)? It's the PSP. operators. They are actually not private enterpreneurs. They are members of the Mandate Group Fashola compensated with a regular flow of massive income through the PSP-Lawma arrangement.

So when Ambode decided to modernize waste mgt as it's done in Western country (He didn't get it right initially, but would eventually after all the teething problems), they revolted. How can Ambode remove their source of monthly multi million income generation?

Forget all the yadayada about potholes, bridge and blah, blah. They are all smokescreen. The real issues are the PSP operators who are the APC delegate/foot soldiers and members of the Mandate Group (some of them are here on Nairaland. I suspect deomelo is one).

They've got assurance from Sanwo-Olu that he will restore back their honey pot and continue with Fashola's policies. And Tinubu doesn't want to go against them as they're his subjects he relies on to continue his political relevance in Lagos.

[/s]

Same ignorant and meaningless ipob rant.

The issue here is his incompetence and poor performance, not your typical silly ipob obsession with Tinubu and Fashola

4 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

Ambode is not a technocrat and never was, he was a an accounta[s][/s]nt.

Really?? Please define 'technocrat.' I guess a lawyer like Fashola is one, but an accountant isn't. Lol. What then really does the word mean, or people just throw it around to sound important? Lol again.

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2018
Sultty:

That's what they will be expecting until after swearing in and boom their situation becomes more shity sad
May be or may be not. I think they will take their chances since the present one relegated them to nothing.

Game of interest bro, that's their main agenda.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 29, 2018
Taich:

We that do not stay in Lagos think that his sin is because he angered the gods of the land.

Sorry Taich, I meant to quote the guy below, opportunities. Not you. You're actually right. The gods are the PSP contractors that Tinubu cannot ignore.

Typically, weak minds flow with 'popular' opinion. They hear what people say and wear that view as their. Great minds always ask "Why" and are never afraid to be a lone voice as long as it's truth. Working in the civil service can be a dangerous thing. You may start losing your independent mind and just flowing with the tide.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 29, 2018
opportunities12:
I had the privilege of chatting extensively with a top government office holder in Lagos state who dissected the administration of Ambode, he has good intentions but what he failed to realize is governance is about effectively carrying along the people over whom you govern. An adage in yoruba says " eniyan laso wa". Human relation matters in whatever position you find yourself in life

Sorry Taich, I meant to quote this guy instead. People are not saying the truth. deomelo is leading the mudsling campaign here on NL. But he has a vested interest. He's a PSP contractor. They used to make multi millions monthly and Ambode disengaged them.

Typically, weak minds flow with 'popular' opinion. They hear what people say and wear that view as their. Great minds always ask "Why" and are never afraid to be a lone voice as long as it's truth. Working in the civil service can be a dangerous thing. You may start losing your independent mind and just flowing with the tide.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:18am On Sep 29, 2018
WritePal:

Really?? Please define 'technocrat.' I guess a lawyer like Fashola is one, but an accountant isn't. Lol. What then really does the word mean, or people just throw it around to sound important? Lol again.

Fashola was not only a lawyer, he was Tinubu's chief of staff, he practically managed Tinubu's administration and the whole state in general.

Fashola with others within Tinubu's administration developed the state's master plan, the same master plan the useless and incompetent Ambode is destroying.

You Igbos love to run your ignorant mouth about Lagos, but you know nothing about Lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by OwoLee(m): 12:21am On Sep 29, 2018
Ugosample:

Good governors you say??

His own government was terrible

Fashola's govt was just above average (by Nigerian standard sef )

And Ambode is a below average governor

let's face the truth

Is it not the same Lagos I know?

And let's look ar the other governors he foisted elsewhere

most of them are useless.

This country as a whole needs help

I expect nothing good from someone who's nursing hatred...Well, the truth is tinubu is relevant because he has supported good candidates at the expense of his close allies who he doesn't trust. All the people that were governor weren't any of his family members. They were people who have worked in Lagos state government and very active.
He's a fatherly figure and pioneer to the formation of the party at the center today, so he's to respected.
Tinubu wishes always allign with the people that's why people keep voting his candidates, our votes count. enough of unnecessary hatred on the man.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 12:22am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

Ambode is not a technocrat and never was, he was a an accountant.
Aaah...na wa oh. OK. So how does being an accountant disqualify ambode from being a technocrat? Put another way, y do u say ambode isn't a technocrat?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:25am On Sep 29, 2018
WritePal:

So, Lagosians cannot see the mountains of trash enveloping them and they must ask other people to tell them about the trash they see everyday? They also must ask other people about the bad and horrible roads they drive on everyday if their roads are really bad.?

They also have to ask other people what Ambode did with the N1 trillion budget they gave him?

I honestly think your brain is under your shoes because you come up with the dumbest nonsense

4 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

Fashola was not only a lawyer, he was Tinubu's chief of staff, he practically managed Tinubu's administration and the whole state in general.

Fashola with others within Tinubu's administration developed the state's master plan, the same master plan the useless and incompetent Ambode is destroying.

You Igbos love to run your ignorant mouth about Lagos, but you know nothing about Lagos state.

And without the bloated IGR in Lagos to play with , how's the 'superman' performing with Nepa now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:28am On Sep 29, 2018
[s]
WritePal:

And without the bloated IGR in Lagos to play with , how's the 'superman' performing with Nepa now?
[/s]

The topic is about the useless and incompetent Ambode in Lagos state.

Stick to the topic or keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by OwoLee(m): 12:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Sultty:

Seriously, I don't like playing this tribal card but I believe in respect of people's views even though it doesn't allign with yours.
What is happening in Lagos is politics and good democratic process playing out. A direct primaries will be conducted, every candidate will be giving a free and fair chances...
stop attaching emotions to issues, analyze issues the way you read them, not sentiments.
The same party that produced Gov. Tinubu, Fashola & Ambode is also on the verge of either returning ambode or sanwo olu as their flag bearer in the next election. what's the evil in that?
Positions shouldn't be automatic 2terms, it makes the governors sit tight, not saying Ambode didn't perform well but we need someone to give sterling performance more than what he did. it makes governance stronger!

3 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 12:29am On Sep 29, 2018
opportunities12:

Human relation wise he got is wrong, i had the privilege of chatting extensively with a staff in the governors office today, she explained that though he has good intentions but his style of government is 100% autocratic.
who exactly was he autocratic with?
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 12:33am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

WritePal:

Really?? Please define 'technocrat.'.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:33am On Sep 29, 2018
[s]
lexy2014:
Aaah...na wa oh. OK. So how does being an accountant disqualify ambode from being a technocrat? Put another way, y do u say ambode isn't a technocrat?

[/s]

I'm not interested in your headache about his qualification, that's for you to fight over, I corrected you that he's an accountant and not a technocrat.

1 Like

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:38am On Sep 29, 2018
BusinessDay had numerous interviews for this story with analysts and market operators who preferred to speak anonymously although the common thread was that the State government should have been careful especially in dismantling the former waste management agreements and in appointing a new firm to oversee Waste collection in the state.

It is understandable many chose to speak annonymously as Lagos State remains a lucrative partner to do business with.

Take the five firms which brought the N27 billion Visionscape bond to market last year led by lead issuing house and arranger Eczellon Capital.

They earned N967 million in total from the deal or 3.85 percent of issue size, according to data from the information memorandum.

BusinessDay digging into the ownership structure of Visionscape shows that ABC Sanitations Solutions Limited accounts for a 15 percent stake in the Visionscape SPV and is in a strategic partnership with CSH Environmental.

CSH environmental is a UK based company that is a family owned British waste disposal business.

On the board of Visionscape is a Nigerian Niyi Makanjuola a founding director of Caverton Offshore Support Group, information from the company website shows.

https://nigeriancurrent.com/2018/03/15/inside-the-lagos-visionscape-deal-that-costs-taxpayers-up-to-n85bn/

Obviously, this vision scape thing transpired because of greed and personal interest and not because of any improvement in waste management.

It's the same old classic tale of greedy Nigerians colluding with and standing front for foreigners to loot and make money.

Where is the sense and wisdom in throwing away a functioning, well established and well equipped LAWMA just to bring in foreigners with not even 1 shovel on the ground to start and build from scratch with your own money and not theirs, and even contractually putting Lagosians on the hook for N85 billion financial obligation.?

Nothing but deliberate SCAM

And to make matters worse, this company failed and still can not do the job while they pocket billions from us every month.

2 Likes

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:46am On Sep 29, 2018
This meant the Lagos State Government was basically agreeing to be on the hook in case of default for a N50 billion bond programme the Visionscape Group through its SPV was set to issue.

A letter from the State Government seen by BusinessDay which was dated 20th April 2017, signed by the Director of Treasury operations and Permanent Secretary/Accountant General of Lagos State and addressed to Municipality Waste Management Contractors Limited, said:

“Pursuant to the Lagos State Executive Council Resolution (Ref. No.SSG/CO/S.126/VOL.XVI/60) passed on the Provision of a Guarantee for the above mentioned contract, and following the execution of State wide Residential and General Waste Collection Agreement between Visionscape Sanitation Solutions Limited, and the Lagos State Government, and under which Agreement the LASG is required to issue to the Contractor a guarantee, I am directed to convey the approval for an Irrevocable Standing Payment Order (ISPO) in respect of the above referenced Contract Agreement.

The letter goes on to read : “Consequent upon the above, this office would implement the monthly remittance of the gross sum of Seven Hundred and Thirteen Million, Seven Hundred Thousand Naira Only (NGN713,700,000) as a first line charge from the revenue account of Lagos State Government which is to commence in June 2017 and terminate in June 2027.”

The consequence of this is that in a 1 year period the state would spend N8.56 billion as guarantees for the bond and be on the hook for about N85 billion over the 10 year timeline on just this one transaction.

https://nigeriancurrent.com/2018/03/15/inside-the-lagos-visionscape-deal-that-costs-taxpayers-up-to-n85bn/

This is how Ambode the scammer and his vision scape cronies sold us out.

Lagosians are on the hook for N85 billion on top of the N8.56 billion he paid already to service the guarantees.

Lagos state on top of that is still paying vision scape over N1 billion every month.

..............but Lagos state is still dirty with mountains of trash everywhere.

We basically got scammed.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by OwoLee(m): 12:48am On Sep 29, 2018
WritePal:

Do you live in Lagos?
do you know the Ambode personally to know he's the saint you painted?
Well, I won't write to mallign ambode but this is my advice to you, if you don't know about anything, keep shut or better still, ignore it...
And let me touch a little bit about the style of Ambode's governance, he pays so much on media.
If you don't reside in Lagos, all you will be hearing and seeing on T.V are the good works of ambode opening bridges, busstops etc.
But, Lagos has moved past that, the environment is dirtier, roads are not motorable anymore.
All the agencies that were working effectively under ex Gov. Fashola were redundant. e.g LAWMa(PSP), Lagos state public works for maintenance etc.
I asked you to please state, what are the achievement of this present administration on Education and health?
lastly, civil servants are not happy with him, A whole Commissioner of a state cannot sign somethings that concerns welfare of his ministry, every running in the state all stops at his table which makes work slow. A lot of files under pending...
My surveyor general of a state cannot buy laptop in his office, printers, photocopiers etc because the governor has to sign the papers to release money.
During the days of Fashola, he doesn't sign money, all he does is to ensure smooth running of the whole entire process.
Lagos state IGR has dropped dramatically, people don't pay tenement rate anymore because of the increment.
It will be very hard for anyone to see all this because the administration paints it as if everything is fine. So many abandon project across the state, that the state don't even have money to fund.
Tinubu is not even in the matter, it dawned on him when different group in the party told him they are already to dump APC if he support Ambode, so he has to choose between ambode or the party faithful, best thing for him is to be silent on the issue!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 12:51am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

I'm not interested in your headache about his qualification, that's for you to fight over, I corrected you that he's an accountant and not a technocrat.
I didn't say u are wrong. Am asking u 2 tell me y u say ambode isn't a technocrat. Maybe there's something u no about d meaning of technocrat that we don't no
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:52am On Sep 29, 2018
Fact is, if you can not surpass or do better than your predecessors with N1 trillion budget and endless pool of IGR in a ready made state like Lagos, you don't deserve to be even a LG caretaker.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 12:54am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

y will u b interested in my headache? U are asked 2 explain urself, u are now having headache. Am I d one that sent u 2 say ambode isn't a technocrat? So pls define technocrat
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by AZeD1(m): 12:55am On Sep 29, 2018
WritePal:

Ambode was a local government worker all his life.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by deomelo: 12:57am On Sep 29, 2018
lexy2014:
I didn't say u are wrong. Am asking u 2 tell me y u say ambode isn't a technocrat. Maybe there's something u no about d meaning of technocrat that we don't no

Ambode was a mistake and he failed because of lack of on the job experience and understanding per the state's huge bureaucracy and machinery. He was just an accountant with zero management or institutional knowledge knowledge.
Re: PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. by lexy2014: 1:00am On Sep 29, 2018
deomelo:

Ambode was a mistake and he failed because of lack of on the job experience and understanding per the state's huge bureaucracy and machinery. He was just an accountant with zero management or institutional knowledge knowledge.
is that y he isn't a technocrat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill 11 Bandits During Intense Battle In Birnin Gwari, Kaduna (Photos) / Court: No Troops For Elections / PDP Raises Alarm Over Plots To Impeach Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.