Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer (29590 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: As A Father & Brother, I Am Touched By Your Infirmities / Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached / JUST IN: Lagos Lawmakers Move To Impeach Gov Akinwunmi Ambode - TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by ozo13(m): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
tstx:

Good luck with that....

see my signature
lol
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by ufuosman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Mazi Ambode Kalu! Is a goner! You can relocate him to Abia.
Mark my words, Ambode will complete his second term under APC
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by henrysam(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
adaweezy:
So because Ambode did not allow them steal like before, they want him out?

Jimi Agbaje we know and trust, its time to rid Lagos off Kleptomaniacs
I wish APC will allow credible election in 2019.
Collection of PVC is just a farce the way APC is taking this election.
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by erinalex: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
adaweezy:

tell me u prefer agbaje, I will understand. But by saying u know him,a Big lie.
I don't know shawo olu, or agbaje,all na wash.
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Cajal(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Holyfield1:
APC o
PDP o
APGA o
ACC o
SDP o

All of them na oloriburuku
..eleribu.. No won
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by HomeOfMe(f): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
OEPHIUS:
Emerging from ongoing secret meeting of members of Lagos State House of Assembly, was report of the state’s lawmakers who have just adopted Babajide Sanwo-olu as preferred candidate to have All Progressive Congress (APC) chapter of Lagos’s governorship ticket against embattled incumbent Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode.

Also, one of the governorship contenders, former Commissioner of Works, Femi Hamzat, had also back down on his ambition and adopted Sawo-olu as his preferred candidate to have the party’s ticket.

From the ongoing meeting, the 36 members of the house preferred Sanwo-olu as their candidate and they were ready to all come out open on their decision before meeting of stakeholders at the party’s secretariat later today.

A members of the the house who spoke to The Guild on the development, disclosed that the lawmakers were at plenary session and that the meeting was still on going.

He said that the members had reached consensus on the matter and that the decision would soon be made available in public domain once the 36 lawmakers of the house complete signing of the agreement.

From the development, there is a strong indication that Ambode may be able to thread the path anymore.

Detail later…

http://www.theguildng.com/exclusive-lagos-house-of-assembly-adopts-sanwo-olu-as-apc-guber-flag-bearer/
Sorry Ambo..
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by AZeD1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bwalito:
If I were ambode, I will quitely dump this nonsense and join the PDP. Meanwhile we await his public declaration on decamping

The day Ambode decamps, is the day he's impeached.

adaweezy:

No Ambode is disliked for his incompetence. Find anyone you know who stays in Ikorodu or visits Ikorodu regularly and asks about the roads there.

Ikorodu is the largest LGA in Lagos population wise and Ambode has done nothing there.

Take your time and see if you can find anything Ambode has done in Ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Aluckiest(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
Lagos is still being colonized by Tinubu
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Doyin2(m): 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
Only rigging can defeat Ambode.Most ordinary APC members support Ambode.

If he is rigged out,then APC votes will be divided because Ambode would surely move to another party.

PDP likely to take over Lagos
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Realdeals(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ambode vindictive and arrogant actions is the cause of his downfall, I'll advice him to opt out of the primary because he'll totally be disgraced.
Another angle is that he can't decamp, he will rather complete his tenure and go quite afterward or give tacit support for Agbaje, whose potential of winning this time around is quite high.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by omoranmilowo: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
That is there problem.
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
Realdeals:
Ambode vindictive and arrogant actions is the cause of his downfall, I'll advice him to opt out of the primary because he'll totally be disgraced.

ALL 57 LG chairmen, 577 Councillors, 36 lawmakers endorse his opponent in including All those from his own ward and LG and town...what is he still doing in the race?

That alone is a vote of no confidence!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2018
gurunlocker:
Lol... These guys are keen on destroying Ambode.

Godfatherism is something else in that state. Support him and you won't return to the house.

In short, Lagosians are Tinubu slaves.

Ambode was never Tinubu's candidate in 2015, Ambode was Oba Akiolu's candidate, Tinubu only backed him because Akiolu told Tinubu this is the person I want to be governor.

Ambode destroyed himself.
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by stawarts(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]
IsaAbubakar:
no sane Muslim will support terrorism
Islam forbids terrorism
Buhari is a terrorist

kiss the truth
Assalamualaikum my people
greetings from sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi
Your foolishness is irredeemable.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by BabaO2: 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
gurunlocker:
Lol... These guys are keen on destroying Ambode.

Godfatherism is something else in that state. Support him and you won't return to the house.

In short, Lagosians are Tinubu slaves.
stop talking rubbish Omo ale, be more interested in your state. Stakeholders are deciding the affairs of their state. Ambode is constitutionally entitled to 4 years, unfortunately he's not good enough to get 2nd term which is meant for premium 1st term governors only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Amdoyin(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
Holyfield1:
APC o
PDP o
APGA o
ACC o
SDP o

All of them na oloriburuku
mean and you gan na onisoro
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by MaziEDOZIE(m): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
What I know is that Thief hiding in Bourdilion and tormenting every Lagosian will surely die one day and we shall have freedom and peace in Lagos.
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by humberjade: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
This is the beginning of the end of either Tinubu or Ambode...but personally, i think it is Ambode's...I mean, Tinubu has All d LG Chairmen, d Lagos House of Assembly members and majority of d party chieftains on his side (and these people are APC's foot soldiers in Lagos)...how much more do u need to oust a sitting Governor.

I see Sanwo-Olu winning APC's ticket tomorrow...Ambode will then decamp to ADP...he will in turn then be impeached except maybe if Buhari supports him till d end...sorry be him own.

2 Likes

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by gr8child(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
AZeD1:

The impeachment process is not as simple as you think. General elections are less than 5 months away. Can they complete the process before then?

https://lawpadi.com/process-impeaching-state-governor-nigeria/
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by fergie001: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ambode won't contest...

Am waiting for his shock announcement and defection before the end of today.....
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Ohmynature(m): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2018
i no dey for politics ,just came to read comments ,but seriously una don start this like and share things again ,make e no be this one wey PDP go win online and APC go come win for reality o,make everybody calm down o,....uche unu dikwa ya there o

1 Like

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by afamaustin(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ambodo should go and join PDP tinibu na nonsense man
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by Ejehjoe(m): 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2018
From all indications, Ambode was NOT carrying them along. Such a massive rejection of a sitting Governor indicates bad leadership.
Ambode confessed that he had no problems with Tinubu. So nobody should blame Tinubu.
If you are leading and nobody follows, you are simply taking a WALK...
His office, let another take.. chikena

4 Likes

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by deomelo: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
AZeD1:

No Ambode is disliked for his incompetence. Find anyone you know who stays in Ikorodu or visits Ikorodu regularly and asks about the roads there.

Ikorodu is the largest LGA in Lagos population wise and Ambode has done nothing there.

Take your time and see if you can find anything Ambode has done in Ikorodu.

Fact is, they care less about Ambode's incompetence and what Lagosians are going trough under Ambode, their main headache and portion in life is Tinubu and how much they hate him.

Igbos blame Tinubu for the sorrow, misery, suffering and backwardness in their villages.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by jaxxy(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
Anybody endorsed by fashola/tinubu issa goal. If Ambode wants to prove his disloyalty because of his merry men he can go on. We tolerated a dirty Lagos, a homeless priest, bad roads now he wants to rubbish the people who picked him from nothing and made him something. That doesn’t make any sense to me
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by deomelo: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2018
Ejehjoe:
From all indications, Ambode was NOT carrying them along. Such a massive rejection of a sitting Governor indicates bad leadership.
Ambode confessed that he had no problems with Tinubu. So nobody should blame Tinubu.
If you are leading and nobody follows, you are simply taking a WALK...
His office, let another take.. chikena

If with the rot, decay and regression going on in Lagos state the APC let Ambode slide, they will lose Lagos to the opposition, this is their main concern.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by deomelo: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2018
New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist

Safety concerns are mounting as armed robbers pillage stuck cars while police are far away. Security experts reckon this is symptomatic of a broader increase in organised crime under a new and less competent state government.

Lagos is a hub for investors in Africa—it is a bigger economy in its own right than most countries on the continent, so this is of serious concern. The state’s former governor, Babatunde Fashola, who left office after elections in March, was lauded for improving traffic and security. He curbed dangerous motorbike taxis and brought local “area boys” (street children), under control. Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.

His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock. Traffic is always bad during the rains, he says. Nigerians are migrating to Lagos en masse in search of work in a worsening economy, his office adds. Yet the root of the problem is in policy: Mr Ambode cut the powers of traffic controllers by banning them from impounding cars. In retaliation, officers have refused to enforce the rules.

Reform in a culture riddled with corruption is never easy. Mr Ambode’s office says the measure was intended to create a more “civil society”. Less fastidious types think it amounts to weakness, and would prefer that he focused on public transport instead. The biggest concern is that the gridlock is a sign of a breakdown in relations between security forces, government agencies and the new governor. If that is the case, there could be worse to come. That is bad news not only for Lagosians, but all Nigerians too.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21677665-why-nigerias-largest-city-even-less-navigable-usual-paralysed?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fparalysed

Back in 2017.

Even the Economist noticed Ambode's gross incompetence.

The Economised saw what I saw back in 2017, way before Sanwo-Olu and the APC.
How sad and pathetic....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by ottidex(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2018
tstx:

Good luck with that....

see my signature

business email cost?
Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by deomelo: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
This meant the Lagos State Government was basically agreeing to be on the hook in case of default for a N50 billion bond programme the Visionscape Group through its SPV was set to issue.

A letter from the State Government seen by BusinessDay which was dated 20th April 2017, signed by the Director of Treasury operations and Permanent Secretary/Accountant General of Lagos State and addressed to Municipality Waste Management Contractors Limited, said:

“Pursuant to the Lagos State Executive Council Resolution (Ref. No.SSG/CO/S.126/VOL.XVI/60) passed on the Provision of a Guarantee for the above mentioned contract, and following the execution of State wide Residential and General Waste Collection Agreement between Visionscape Sanitation Solutions Limited, and the Lagos State Government, and under which Agreement the LASG is required to issue to the Contractor a guarantee, I am directed to convey the approval for an Irrevocable Standing Payment Order (ISPO) in respect of the above referenced Contract Agreement.

The letter goes on to read : “Consequent upon the above, this office would implement the monthly remittance of the gross sum of Seven Hundred and Thirteen Million, Seven Hundred Thousand Naira Only (NGN713,700,000) as a first line charge from the revenue account of Lagos State Government which is to commence in June 2017 and terminate in June 2027.”

The consequence of this is that in a 1 year period the state would spend N8.56 billion as guarantees for the bond and be on the hook for about N85 billion over the 10 year timeline on just this one transaction.

https://nigeriancurrent.com/2018/03/15/inside-the-lagos-visionscape-deal-that-costs-taxpayers-up-to-n85bn/

This is how Ambode the scammer and his vision scape cronies sold us out.

Lagosians are on the hook for N85 billion on top of the N8.56 billion he paid already to service the guarantees.

Lagos state on top of that is still paying vision scape over N1 billion every month.

..............but Lagos state is still dirty with mountains of trash everywhere.

We basically got scammed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer by deomelo: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
With is incompetence, Ambode is already bankrupting Lagos state

With the vision scape deal alone, he should be impeached.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’re Under Pressure To Congratulate Buhari — CAN / Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq / Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.