Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,198 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ (14773 Views)

Jim Obazee Uncovers Fresh N3trillion COVID Loans & Others Mismanaged By Emefiele / Alaafin Of Oyo Supports Buhari, Slams Obasanjo 'who Never Did All They Wanted' / Aisha Buhari Slams APC After They Affirmed Buhari As Its Flag-bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by melanch(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bubu my man i need to learn from you. There's are about 200 laws of power and we are just reading 48 laws of it.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Rindo69: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
He said they should invest in education in their constituencies!!!!

His constituency are the most uneducated!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Benekruku(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
ShameOnAPC:
there is nothing God will bless about him

A thousand may fall at the side of His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)
And ten thousand at his right hand;
But it shall not come near him.
Only with his eyes shall he look,
And see the reward of the wicked
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by AFONJACOW(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
blame blame lifeless Dullard is becoming too annoying this days
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by OronFish: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
Truth is, This country has been mismanaged long before 1999.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by plaetton: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
masterchi:
Buhari the lifeless hypocrite
He is a very shameless , corrupt hypocrite.
It's Funny how the lifeless one never makes any mentions of the locusts years prior to 1999, of which his reckless ambition was the primary instigator.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Ategberoson(m): 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
even madridguy, butterflyleo, gavelslam, sarrki, mannbbqgrills, buhariguy must have been so tired of this man blames every time

A responsible leader take blames not blame others. all this your primary school rhymes are the reasons we voted you in, not shifting blames from PDP to Gaddafi, to Nigeria youths to elites. pls take responsibility for once, you're a leader. quit disgracing those defending you tirelessly here

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by semyman: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
masterchi:
Buhari the lifeless hypocrite
Foooolish fooool, that is what your brain can remember, mud loading soon for your relaxation

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by positivethought: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
Opinionated:
President Muhammadu Buhari has slammed Nigeria’s elite for what he thinks is their complicity in the mismanagement of the country. He said this while meeting with Nigerians in diaspora in the United States. Read the press release by the presidency next…

PRESIDENT BUHARI ASSURES NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA: IF I WIN THE NEXT ELECTION, I’LL LEAVE SOME DIFFERENCE IN THAT OFFICE

President Muhammadu Buhari told Nigerians living in America that if he won the 2019 election, and he spent another four years in office, “I will leave some difference in that office.”

Meeting with the Nigerian community in the United States of America Thursday on the margins of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly in New York, the President regretted that the elite allowed Nigeria to be mismanaged for 16 years of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rule, without as much as raising a voice in consternation.

“They didn’t say a word,” President Buhari declared. “Under the PTF (Petroleum Trust Fund, of which he was Chairman), we did roads from Lagos to Abuja, to Onitsha, to Port Harcourt. Since then, the roads were not done, between 1999 and 2015, yet the elite did not say a word.

“I was called Baba Go Slow. Those who were going fast, where did they get to?

“In 1983, military officers gathered, and made me Head of State. I packed the politicians into jail, told them they were guilty until they could prove their innocence. We seized what they had looted, but after I myself was put in detention, the politicians were given back what they had looted. How many elite complained about that?

“Three times I contested elections; three times I went to court after the elections were rigged against me. No justice, but I said ‘God dey.’

“It was mainly the ordinary people that stood by me. That is why I am always conscious of them. They are my constituency. Even pregnant women on the queue would fall into labour, go to have their babies, and still come back to vote for me. I will keep doing my best for the country.”

The diaspora Nigerians, in their scores, are top flight professionals, drawn from fields like medicine, engineering, sports, the arts, investment, academia, politics, agriculture, transport, education, publishing, and many others. Most expressed the wish to come back home, and contribute to the change making a headway in Nigeria. To which the President replied:

“You are contributing to this great country (America). If you want to help back home, invest in education in your constituencies. If you educate people, they won’t then accept nonsense from anybody.”

President Buhari said the administration he leads has by and large kept faith with its three key campaign promises; to secure the country, revive the economy and fight corruption.

“I’ve tried to do my best since I came,” he stressed, adding: “Security-wise, we are better. Boko Haram still conducts cowardly attacks, but the insurgency is not the same as it used to be. They are terrorists, and have nothing to do with religion. We will continue to deal with them. Ask people in the North-east, especially in Borno State, they will tell you they can sleep with two eyes closed now.”

The parley was put together by Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora Matters, and the Nigerian professionals were drawn from different parts of the United States and Canada. Representatives of USA chapters of Nigerians in the Diaspora Organisation (NIDO) also presented awards to President Buhari in appreciation of his performance, urging him to do more.

Source: President Buhari Slams Elite for Allowing Nigeria Get ‘Mismanaged for 16 Years’

Buhari is just an unrepentant delusional bigot,was Nigeria Paradise before PDP took over in 1999?,this was the same buhari that wrecked the country in 1984/85 with his nonsense fundamentalist ideas n deposition, the same person. that work with the most vicious n corrupt dictator in Nigerian history Abacha who in his delusion described as a saint yet today his government is fighting international financial institutions over Abacha loot!, now obasanjo can see what a fool n a coward he is,after benefiting so much from PDP he tried to destroy the party for buhari who is his subordinate in all spheres of life, now buhari at every opportunity is working to destroy his likes,rewrite history n elevate himself to a false state of been the best,while been cheered on by his band of zombie supporters.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Gkemz: 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
The lifeless president will continue to blame past government till he exhaust his miserable tenure achieving nothing.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by abbeyfel: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2018
Buhari as never mentioned FULANI HERDSMEN attacks as part of Nigerian security problems, BTW, so he was not an elite in Nigeria All these years abi? Apart from contesting elections and losing, what did he do during those times he was not holding any public office??

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2018
Something is definitely wrong with this Buhari.

He has been mismanaging Nigeria for the past three and a half years and the elite have been talking to him, is he listening? The man sounds senile, from all his meaningless verbal ejaculations all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by ShameOnAPC: 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
Benekruku:

A thousand may fall at the side of His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)
And ten thousand at his right hand;
But it shall not come near him.
Only with his eyes shall he look,
And see the reward of the wicked
Oponu, your only point for supporting that lifeless thing is ' fighting corruption' while its clear that lifeless Buhari is the the most corrupt man on earth

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
stale and dumb rhetorics of a demented sadist!
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Iyajison: 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2018
IF I WIN THE NEXT ELECTION, I’LL LEAVE SOME DIFFERENCE IN THAT OFFICE

Wit due respect sir

D change so far z enof 4 us
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by tete7000(m): 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
The way this man justifies the way he treated people without any iota of dignity, shoving them into jail at his own discretion, without recourse to rule of law or any decency shows how demented he is. By the way wetin concern me? Let those who chanted change and brought him to power worry about his dementia.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Vic74real: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
Tell us how you are caring about the ordinary and common people,? God wld remove you from there shortly
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by ClassiqLegend(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
Sai baba,sai buhari,d man of integrity,dis man has gone beyond our imagination,indeed he is a legend with a good record,i wonder y some people still critisize dis man,a man dat has shown us a a greater nigeria in just 4 years,indeed those dat challenge dis man of not doing well are fools.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by somziency: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
Your Excellency this was the song you sang and Nigerians voted for you overwhelmingly with the hope that things will turn around.

You equally promised to change things in four years and leave office with your head high.

The opportunity was given to you and towards the end of a four years tenure you are still blaming pdp and now the elites.

Do you want Nigerians to wait for another 16years before realising you have nothing to offer?

Sir, it has become so obvious that even the illiterates know the difference.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2018
otunde527:
Taaa

What this government have stolen is more than the combination of what the other administrations have stolen and they still brag about it.

Get your rmb @ #48/rmb

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
somziency:
Your Excellency this was the song you sang and Nigerians voted for you overwhelmingly with the hope that things will turn around.

You equally promised to change things in four years and leave office with your head high.

The opportunity was given to you and towards the end of a four years tenure you are still blaming pdp and now the elites.

Do you want Nigerians to wait for another 16years before realising you have nothing to offer?

Sir, it has become so obvious that even the illiterates know the difference.

Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Henri8: 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
4601CE:

Your father
Lol. Pained Nigerian.
Re: President Buhari Slams Elite For Allowing Nigeria Get ‘mismanaged For 16 Years’ by Roadmike(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2018
Obviously this President is sick.

he needs the attention of a psychiatric. he has a false sense of his self worth. He is self righteous while all other are sinners and cannot be trusted. Just like he was rightly accused by Babangida in his coup speech.

he has not changed one bit despite attempt by Tinubu to dress him in borrowed Garment. He's far from being a Democrat. A Dictator per excellence . God save Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Screw Yourself" - Chima Anyaso At A Debate, House Of Reps Candidate Says / Oshiomhole Can't Suspend Me - Usani Uguru Usani / Security: Forest Guards Kick Off In Enugu As Ugwuanyi Takes More Proactive Measu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.