Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. (1640 Views)

Thanks Seun For The Great Rewards / Thanks Seun For The Great Rewards / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2018
Nairaland as a forum has offered entertainment, information, connection and hook up to millions of people, both members and non members alike.
Nairaland as a forum comprises of lots of sections were topic/ threads about it or related or synonymous with it are created, for example, topics/ threads related or synonymous with religion or about religion are created in the religion section.

Being a member for some time now, I realised there is need for a new section to be created because of it's dire need.
What section am I talking about? you may ask.
Well I'm talking about a [i]"SOCIAL SECTION"[/I]. Yea, a section were social issues can be discussed and talked about. A section were topics/ threads about social issues or related or synonymous with social issues can be created in.

There is need for a social forum because:

1.) It will go a long way in ensuring that topics/ threads pertaining to social issues are created and posted in the right section because as it stands now in the absence of a social section, Topics/ thread about social issues are being created and posted in other/ wrong sections. Sections such topic or thread isn't suppose to be in.
For example, topics/ threads about Feminism are being created and posted in Romance section. And you begin to wonder how Feminism is related to romance. Feminism is a social issue not a romance one and as such topics/ threads about it should be created or posted in the social section and not romance section but that isn't so, because there isn't any social section thus the creators or OPs (as they are generally called) choose to create and post such topic or thread in the romance section.

2.) It will reduce or eliminate the confusion of Nairalanders. Nairalanders do get confuse whenever they created a thread about social issues. The confusion lies in the fact that sometimes, they may be at a cross road at which section to post or create such topic in. I have been a victim of this, once there was a time I created a thread about racism (which is a social issue), I became confuse of the right thread to post or create it in, after hours of deep thinking and confusion, I decided to post or created it in the politics section. But the question was, how was racism (a social issue) related to politics. Racism is a social issue, politics section is for politics and politics related threads and post but I had to create and post it in the politics section because there was no social section were I could post it in. If there was a social section then I wouldn't have created or posted it (Racism) on politics section.
3.) It ensures orderliness because threads or topics will be created or posted in the right section rather than the wrong ones.
For example, threads about Feminism won't be created in the romance section rather that will be done in the social section since it is a social issue Likewise threads about Racism won't be created in the politics section rather that will be done in the social section since it is a social issue

The above are the reasons why a Social Section should be created in Nairaland. I hope seun does the needful. I will be looking forward to it. Namastey.

#Xavier.
#Create_A_Social_Section_In_Nairaland

Cc seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Dominique.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
I agree with you.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by MJBOLT: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
op,your head dad there
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by blogaid(m): 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
@ Xavier5 well it is a cool idea but we already have culture,family,events and of course the romance/sexuality section e.g: feminism falls under culture and politics, so what exactly will be going into the social section

2 Likes

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
blogaid:
@ Xavier5 well it is a cool idea but we already have culture,family,events and of course the romance/sexuality section e.g: feminism falls under culture and politics, so what exactly will be going into the social section

Social issues. Topics, discussions, threads etc that centers on or is about any social issues @bolded

Nop, feminism is a social issue, it has nothing to do with politics or culture.

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by blujoi(m): 12:09am On Sep 30, 2018
I agree with you. In addition, Nairaland should have a chat feature, just like FB, where you can live chat with someone once you are logged in!! When will Seun upgrade nah!!
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 12:18am On Sep 30, 2018
You've not exhausted the sections present, you are yarning for more...

Are you that idle
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 12:21am On Sep 30, 2018
blujoi:
I agree with you. In addition, Nairaland should have a chat feature, just like FB, where you can live chat with someone once you are logged in!! When will Seun upgrade nah!!

Are you here to broaden your horizon or you're here for philandering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by blujoi(m): 12:25am On Sep 30, 2018
Errhmm, so live chatting is for philandering? Make me understand please? Do you know how many threads in the business section,technology section,health section, that people would wish to live chat with the Op?I think you are the one who needs to broaden your mind, I can see it’s quite narrow

Bluezy13:

Are you here to broaden your horizon or you're here for philandering
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 12:43am On Sep 30, 2018
blujoi:
Errhmm, so live chatting is for philandering? Make me understand please? Do you know how many threads in the business section,technology section,health section, that people would wish to live chat with the Op?I think you are the one who needs to broaden your mind, I can see it’s quite narrow

I always try to avoid vulgarity in my writeup.

The Nairaland body has made provision for indirectly contacting the individual handlers through visiting there profiles and sending a private message of attention notification of which the Nairaland authorities would directly email the handlers one wishes to call his or her attention, subsequently asking for the person's approval and allowing it to be in the person's volition to either reply the attention seeker through his/her email, or not.
From there, one can schedule a live chat with them at their convenience and through any means.
This is to protect individuals' privacy and for security reasons. And that's one the foundational confidence the Nairaland people have for this platform... their privacies are not invaded by unnecessary attention seekers like...maybe... you.

If you are not comfortable with the policy or the exhibition of your exuberance is too wild to accommodate the policies,

Simply create your own platform!!!

1 Like

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by blujoi(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2018
Nairaland is a PUBLIC forum where everyone can freely express their views and opinions. First off, you came at me with a statement insinuating I made my suggestion for philandering purposes, which to me is an assumption, of which I clearly took offense at and I further went to explain why I made and expressed such view and opinion. You are neither the owner of this thread nor the owner of Nairaland. Secondly I don’t see where I sounded vulgar, not after you insinuated I wanted to philander.
Now if you have been on this forum long enough (not that this is of any concern to me) you would understand that the PM feature is not very effective as to when you want to reach someone in real time....though i don’t expect a dimwit like u to get it. Some PM’s get filtered into spam folders, some never come. Now having a live feature does not in any way take away the anonymous nature of the forum, it makes it more interactive,more robust. This is an upgrade,an improvement, you don’t necessarily have to agree with it, but like I said it wasn’t directed at you for your approval, so you could ignore but you chose not to, that’s your cup of tea. And I also don’t need your consent or otherwise to remain on this forum and there’s nothing you can do about it, sadly!!

Bluezy13:

I always try to avoid vulgarity in my discourse.

The Nairaland body has made provision for indirectly contacting the individual handlers through visiting there profiles and sending a private message of attention notification of which the Nairaland authorities would directly email the handlers one wishes to call his or her attention, subsequently asking for the person's approval and allowing it to be in the person's volition to either reply the attention seeker through his/her email, or not.
This is to protect individuals' privacy and for security reasons. And that's one the foundational confidence the Nairaland people have for this platform... their privacies are not invaded by unnecessary attention seekers like...maybe... you.

If you are not comfortable with the policy or the exhibition of your exuberance is too wild to accommodate the policies,

Simply create your own platform!!!

1 Like

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 1:29am On Sep 30, 2018
blujoi:

Now if you have been on this forum long enough (not that this is of any concern to me) you would understand that the PM feature is not very effective as to when you want to reach someone in real time. Some PM’s get filtered into spam folders, some never come. Now having a live feature does not in any way take away the anonymous nature of the forum, it makes it more interactive,more robust. This is an upgrade,an improvement, you don’t necessarily have to agree with it, but like I said it wasn’t directed at you for your approval, so you could ignore but you chose not to, that’s your cup of tea. And I also don’t need your consent or otherwise to remain on this forum and there’s nothing you can do about it, sadly!!

Far be it that I contend with you over the deciding factor of your continuous stay on this platform. It's none of my business.

You opined that "Some PM’s get filtered into spam folders, some never come."
I think it wise to bring to your cognizance that right this minute that I'm discussing with you, I have a notification on my homepage on this forum from the Nairaland authorities, about six (6) Nairaland handlers asking for my attention and that I need to visit/open my email through the "redirecting" link made available here if and only if I wish to read and reply them. And if I decide to read them and follow the link to my email account inbox, I don't see the messages, common sense should tell me that I need to check my spam feature in my email account.

I don't see any provision made for spam filters here on this platform and the last time I checked, spam filters were only available in the email accounts and can only be accessed when the email account owner logging. So therefore I see no reason for your introduction of spam filters or related issues here.
As long as the Nairaland handler whose attention you wish to attract, comes online here, the notification will always be present on his/her homepage.
For privacy protection and security reasons.

It is unwise to bring personal email account features here as a limiting factor to getting ones attention because the notification will simply be displayed on the person's home page.

And I reiterate the "suggestion" that creating your own platform won't be a bad idea to at least accommodate your expectations.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by blujoi(m): 1:36am On Sep 30, 2018
At least you got my point at bolded, Lol

Bluezy13:

Far be it that I contend with you over the deciding factor of your continuous stay on this platform. It's none of my business.

I think it wise to bring to your cognizance that right this minute that I'm discussing with you, I have a notification on my homepage on this forum from the Nairaland authorities, about six (6) Nairaland handlers asking for my attention and that I need to visit/open my email through the "redirecting" link made available here if and only if I wish to read and reply them. And if I decide to read them and follow the link to my email account inbox, I don't see the messages, common sense should tell me that I need to check my spam feature in my email account.

I don't see any provision made for spam filters here on this platform and the last time I checked, spam filters were only available in the email accounts and can only be accessed when the email account owner logging. So therefore I see no reason for your introduction of spam filters or related issues here.
As long as the Nairaland handler whose attention you wish to attract, comes online here, the notification will always be present on his/her homepage.

It is unwise to bring personal email account features here as a limiting factor to getting ones attention because the notification will simply be displayed on the person's home page.

And I reiterate the "suggestion" that creating your own platform won't be a bad idea to at least accommodate your expectations.

2 Likes

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 1:39am On Sep 30, 2018
blujoi:
At least you got my point at bolded, Lol

At least you read my point.
And I believe you learnt something new today.

Have a nice sleep!
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by mezarddinny: 4:04am On Sep 30, 2018
Bluezy13:

he is saying the truth, I have been sent messages on nairaland that I have not even bother to read because of the stress of going to gmail and then start replying in funny manners. It will improve this forum a lot because there won't be a need to share your phone number for people to contact you, there should also be a block feature.

about him creating his own forum, that is petty, if everyone decides to create a forum, seun will run at loss and remember that we are all stakeholders on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Boxer007(m): 4:11am On Sep 30, 2018
Xavier5:
Nairaland as a forum has offered entertainment, information, connection and hook up to millions of people, both members and non members alike.
Nairaland as a forum comprises of lots of sections were topic/ threads about it or related or synonymous with it are created, for example, topics/ threads related or synonymous with religion or about religion are created in the religion section.

Being a member for some time now, I realised there is need for a new section to be created because of it's dire need.
What section am I talking about? you may ask.
Well I'm talking about a [i]"SOCIAL SECTION"[/I]. Yea, a section were social issues can be discussed and talked about. A section were topics/ threads about social issues or related or synonymous with social issues can be created in.

There is need for a social forum because:

1.) It will go a long way in ensuring that topics/ threads pertaining to social issues are created and posted in the right section because as it stands now in the absence of a social section, Topics/ thread about social issues are being created and posted in other/ wrong sections. Sections such topic or thread isn't suppose to be in.
For example, topics/ threads about Feminism are being created and posted in Romance section. And you begin to wonder how Feminism is related to romance. Feminism is a social issue not a romance one and as such topics/ threads about it should be created or posted in the social section and not romance section but that isn't so, because there isn't any social section thus the creators or OPs (as they are generally called) choose to create and post such topic or thread in the romance section.

2.) It will reduce or eliminate the confusion of Nairalanders. Nairalanders do get confuse whenever they created a thread about social issues. The confusion lies in the fact that sometimes, they may be at a cross road at which section to post or create such topic in. I have been a victim of this, once there was a time I created a thread about racism (which is a social issue), I became confuse of the right thread to post or create it in, after hours of deep thinking and confusion, I decided to post or created it in the politics section. But the question was, how was racism (a social issue) related to politics. Racism is a social issue, politics section is for politics and politics related threads and post but I had to create and post it in the politics section because there was no social section were I could post it in. If there was a social section then I wouldn't have created or posted it (Racism) on politics section.
3.) It ensures orderliness because threads or topics will be created or posted in the right section rather than the wrong ones.
For example, threads about Feminism won't be created in the romance section rather that will be done in the social section since it is a social issue Likewise threads about Racism won't be created in the politics section rather that will be done in the social section since it is a social issue

The above are the reasons why a Social Section should be created in Nairaland. I hope seun does the needful. I will be looking forward to it. Namastey.

#Xavier.
#Create_A_Social_Section_In_Nairaland.

Gay section is more relevant y'all. Brother. Are you single and ready?
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by itzprezy(m): 10:38am On Sep 30, 2018
That is a good idea
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2018
mezarddinny:
he is saying the truth, I have been sent messages on nairaland that I have not even bother to read because of the stress of going to gmail and then start replying in funny manners. It will improve this forum a lot because there won't be a need to share your phone number for people to contact you, there should also be a block feature.

about him creating his own forum, that is petty, if everyone decides to create a forum, seun will run at loss and remember that we are all stakeholders on nairaland

Permit me to correct your impression that I falsified his claims. This is because I never did.

I opinionated that although his expectations and supplication for the adjustment and upgrade of means of communication among the Nairaland people is somewhat rational to perhaps people who seek to diversify their purposes...whichever purposes..., YET there are some other people who appreciate the current means of communication since their privacy and other factors are not bridged, hence their confidence in the originality of this forum.

A favourable consideration of his request for the new features will surely subject this forum to abuse by people with wild intentions and the originality will be lackluster, warranting decline in visitation as well as membership retraction, especially the female folk.

By the way, you did not bother going through the process to read your emails because you know they are not important. If they were important and business emails, you would have read them...joyfully with anticipation.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2018
op,mention two to three social issues that would be discussed in the social section?

is it romance, sports, politics? cos I don't see the need for it.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2018
Boxer007:

Gay section is more relevant y'all. Brother. Are you single and ready?

Now this is a lucid and perspicuous justification of my counter quest aiming at debunking the request for creation of new chatting features that will give room for abuse of legal/moral norms and advent of wild exhibitions that will pervert ethical principles and adulterate this platform with moral decadence.

I'm personally not against homosexuality, but the Law governing our dear country is against it. So why should a thread be created for it

Cc: mezarddiny, blujoi
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by mezarddinny: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2018
Bluezy13:

Now this is a lucid and perspicuous justification of my counter quest aiming at debunking the request for creation of new chatting features that will give room for abuse of legal/moral norms and advent of wild exhibitions that will pervert ethical principles and adulterate this platform with moral decadence.

I'm personally not against homosexuality, but the Law governing our dear country is against it. So why should a thread be created for it

Cc: mezarddiny, blujoi
I am seriously against the homosexuality idea, I hate gays very much in fact I will wipe off the surface of the earth if I had the chance.

I don't even read news about it expect in cases where they are being disgraced.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Bluezy13(m): 11:34am On Sep 30, 2018
mezarddinny:
I am seriously against the homosexuality idea, I hate gays very much in fact I will wipe off the surface of the earth if I had the chance.

I don't even read news about it expect in cases where they are being disgraced.

Thank goodness.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
op,mention two to three social issues that would be discussed in the social section?

is it romance, sports, politics? cos I don't see the need for it.

Social issues for example, feminism, racism, abortion, rape, moral pervesion etc

#Xavier.

Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by engwari(f): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
Why wait for Seen? When you can create yourself.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by babyfaceafrica: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
is that all?
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by LiveWireForum: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
Xavier5:

Social issues for example, feminism, racism, abortion, rape, moral pervesion etc

#Xavier.
Nice Idea but you shouldn't forget that there are underaged viewing nairaland Forum. Some post are already fast paced already. I guess
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Uglymugg: 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
blujoi:

It's a forum not a social media.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
Uglymugg:

It's a forum not a social media.

Yea, a forum with features of a social media.

#Xavier.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Xavier5(m): 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
engwari:
Why wait for Seen? When you can create yourself.

How? Explain.

#Xavier.
Re: My Petition To Seun For The Creation Of A Social Section. by Uglymugg: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Xavier5:

Yea, a forum with features of a social media.

#Xavier.

It's a forum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

WARNING! Having Too Much S*x With Your Partner Can Do This To Your Pr!vate P@rt / I Saw Husband With A Girl Eating Rice And Surce, Why Are Men Wicked?? (MY STORY) / Konji Alert Sexy Photos Of This Heavy Bumbum Model Is All You Need To See Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.