Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? (3194 Views)

Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important / Looking For Someone To Manage My Blog Content Wise / writing and Promoting Business Brands without contracted by owners, a wise move? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
...............Please webmasters, i understand that SEO has 3 - 4 parts but i'm struggling to know which of the 4 is more important , that's a must do in ones SEO process..

1) Onsite (On-Page SEO )

2) Offsite SEO

3)Technical SEO and

4) Local SEO

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
I think technical is also part of onpage SEO and the most important, as failure to get it right will cripple the other aspect as well.
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
questechie:
I think technical is also part of onpage SEO and the most important, as failure to get it right will cripple the other aspect as well.

Thanks bro

One more thing bro, How do you think sites like https://hotels.ng/ were optimized to rank so well on many keywords, in optimizing one's site, should the keyword really be the focus? or some other things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2018
You should focus on local seo.
Charmsruddy:

Thanks bro

One more thing bro, How do you think sites like https://hotels.ng/ were optimized to rank so well on many keywords, in optimizing one's site, should the keyword really be the focus? or some other things?
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by websitedesignac(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2018
Good
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by willsonzzy: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Started from the bottom now we here undecided
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Elijahrona(m): 7:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Both on-site and off-site
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Jacktheripper: 7:40am On Oct 02, 2018
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by newsnjobs(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2018
Webmasters over to you guys.

I think it is Technical SEO.

Check my signature for Lucrative Jobs in Nigeria.

Good Luck.
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:

Thanks bro

Those major sites invested money on paid advertising to build brand popularity which earned them natural mentions and links.

Same with Naij..

That's why its difficult for new small sites to compete with them for popular keywords - even with the best on page optimization.

3 Likes

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by ikorodureporta: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2018
So una no want non-seoers to understand wetin una dey talk

1 Like

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by SEONaijaExpert: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2018
All SEO is important, probably depends on where you're starting from.

Basic SEO/Technical SEO that involves Google Indexing, Sitemapping, Robot.txt, Meta Title and Tags is the foundation.

Without it, no basis to go into others. Onsite is targeted toward keyword research and organic same as offsite but that majors in link building and DA increase. Then local SEO comes in. All these 3 won't scale without Basic SEO....that's the starting point.

Infact it should be done once you launch your website online.

Boost Your Blog Domain Authority and Ranking on Search Engines

Get Backlinks From Google, Facebook, CNN, Harvard, Wikipedia etc. Call 081 5134 9272

3 Likes

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by DanWrites(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2018
Local SEO for me

Visit www.dnbstories.com
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by princemolak(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:
...............Please webmasters, i understand that SEO has 3 - 4 parts but i'm struggling to know which of the 4 is more important , that's a must do in ones SEO process..

1) Onsite (On-Page SEO )

2) Offsite SEO

3)Technical SEO and

4) Local SEO

Thanks

Hello Op,

I work with an SEO Company called https://zeodigital.com

The way the algorithm is structured, all the elements of SEO is very important for one to rank high on search engines. Let me give you a scenario.

Lets assume off-page is only what you need, this implies that your content is trash and when people come to your website, they might not really find an answer to the query they made on Google. Your site will also be very slow to load since you didn't pay attention to technical SEO. All of this will be a bad experience for your visitors. Bad experience of course won't increase your revenue.

Similarly, if you pay too much attention to On-page without doing off-page, you might not really go beyond page 3 of Google. Backlinks helps gives your website an authority that will make it rank above others even when you have the same content.

So take SEO as an egg, you need the shell (Backlinks), the white (On-page) and the yoke (technical) to get good results.

2 Likes

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by efabricators: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2018
1) Onsite (On-Page SEO )

2) Offsite SEO

3)Technical SEO and

4) Local SEO

You are just mixing things up.

Will update this post on a later time.
But for now i need to tell you you can rank for multiple Keywords with a single page.

1 Like

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by newworldelite(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2018
Nice Info
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by dogstyle007(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2018
Interesting
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Tolzeal(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:

1) Onsite (On-Page SEO )

2) Offsite SEO

3)Technical SEO and

4) Local SEO

Thanks

Need I have to say all these metrics/ranking factors work together. There are over 100+ factors in consideration to have your website ranked.

On page SEO -Work most with Contents Optimization - H1, H2... Meta Description and tags. This is needed to tell google bot to understand what your website is talking about, i.e what information are you giving out to solve peoples problem. The more you try to solve peoples problem the better your SERP result.

2) Offsite SEO - The Major area about Offsite(Offpage) SEO is majors on backlink to tell Google how best people are linking to a page on your website. A simple better way of explaining this would be a situation whereby you visit nairaland often mainly because you get value from it , the more Google feels you're worthy of been shown to more audience.

3)Technical SEO - As the name implies Technical, Not really that Techy as it revolves around how you can speed up your website and lighten up your codes on the website. Images, etc

4) Local SEO: Local SEO is a different ball game entirely and shouldn't be categorized under factors you willing to put in place. SEO can be subdivided in ;

(i) International - Affiliate Blogs, CPA blogs, Information Blogs and much more
(ii) Local - Mainly local businesses, Like Plumbers, Dentists, Spa centers trying to rank their websites on google to gain more audience.

To finally Answer your question, Factor 1 might not give a good result if not considering factor 2 and likewise factor 3. As you can rank Low hanging KWs with just Factor 1 and might be hard having factor 2 without good optimization.

The game comes in a different scenario as niche varies, You only want to get your hands wet.
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Doerstech(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:

1) Onsite (On-Page SEO )

2) Offsite SEO

3)Technical SEO and

4) Local SEO

Thanks

All of them are important.... you can't do one and leave the other....

For the sake of newbies, a proper definition is needed on all four....Someone should take up the challenge to define all four...
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by sunnedee2: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2018
The type of SEO depends on what website you are trying to rank and the keywords you are trying to rank for.
If it's a local business, ten you need more of local, onsite SEO, social media engagement, and google places.
Actually, for a local business, you need more of social media. Period.

For a general website, you are going to need onsite, offsite, link building, etc etc
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
Doerstech:

All of them are important.... you can't do one and leave the other....

For the sake of newbies, a proper definition is needed on all four....Someone should take up the challenge to define all four...

Thanks @Doerstech
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
Tolzeal:

Need I have to say all these metrics/ranking factors work together. There are over 100+ factors in consideration to have your website ranked.

On page SEO -Work most with Contents Optimization - H1, H2... Meta Description and tags. This is needed to tell google bot to understand what your website is talking about, i.e what information are you giving out to solve peoples problem. The more you try to solve peoples problem the better your SERP result.

2) Offsite SEO - The Major area about Offsite(Offpage) SEO is majors on backlink to tell Google how best people are linking to a page on your website. A simple better way of explaining this would be a situation whereby you visit nairaland often mainly because you get value from it , the more Google feels you're worthy of been shown to more audience.

3)Technical SEO - As the name implies Technical, Not really that Techy as it revolves around how you can speed up your website and lighten up your codes on the website. Images, etc

4) Local SEO: Local SEO is a different ball game entirely and shouldn't be categorized under factors you willing to put in place. SEO can be subdivided in ;

(i) International - Affiliate Blogs, CPA blogs, Information Blogs and much more
(ii) Local - Mainly local businesses, Like Plumbers, Dentists, Spa centers trying to rank their websites on google to gain more audience.

To finally Answer your question, Factor 1 not give a good result if not considering factor 2 and likewise factor 3. As you can rank Low hanging KWs with just Factor and might be hard having factor 2 without good optimization.

The game comes in a different scenario as niche varies, You only want to get your hangs wet.

Thanks for the detailed explanation...WELL DONE

1 Like

Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
sunnedee2:
The type of SEO depends on what website you are trying to rank and the keywords you are trying to rank for.
If it's a local business, ten you need more of local, onsite SEO, social media engagement, and google places.
Actually, for a local business, you need more of social media. Period.

For a general website, you are going to need onsite, offsite, link building, etc etc

The website in question operates on a global scale, the organization has present both here in Nigeria, USA and the UK and they want to rank for certain keywords both locally and internationally..
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
Noel1:

Those major sites invested money on paid advertising to build brand popularity which earned them natural mentions and links.

Same with Naij..

That's why its difficult for new small sites to compete with them for popular keywords - even with the best on page optimization.
t

I don't know how this question sounds, but what ways can a small business website compete with bigger brand within the same niche..I will appreciate if you can give an answer
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:
t

I don't know how this question sounds, but what ways can a small business website compete with bigger brand within the same niche..I will appreciate if you can give an answer

Outreach...

Link building takes consistent effort and outreach - because, most web masters out there 're not ranking - and they are not willing to help others to rank.

"Its like if I can't get it, u're not gonna get it either"

Let me give you an instance: I recently reached out to a guy in personal finance niche coz he has it on his site that he accepts guest posts.

But he said I had to pay $50 to publish it. I give u free content and They pay u for that?

Crap!

That's why I don't encourage guest lost ng for links these days. Its not scalable.

What you can do is link baiting + outreach.

At least that shod give u an average success rate of 10 links per 100 outreach.

Finally, if u have the cash, the quickest approach is to build your brand popularity with paid advertising and people will link to you naturally without begging them.

That's responsible for Naij.com meteoric popularity even in their year of starting out.

Same for woo-commerce and shopify.

Best of luck!
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:
t

Is that the website URL in ur signature?
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by Charmsruddy: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
Noel1:

Is that the website URL in ur signature?

No, that one not a small business or brand, Just asking if a small business comes in a way fortified niche how will it compete? What and what will that business do to take a bite of that niche?
Re: Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? by sunnedee2: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
Charmsruddy:

The website in question operates on a global scale, the organization has present both here in Nigeria, USA and the UK and they want to rank for certain keywords both locally and internationally..

My brother,
You are going to have to spend some serious cash.
These are the steps I would take if I were in charge of your SEO

1) ONSITE SEO
a) Provide USEFUL Content (Note the word Useful)
b) Tweak your meta description, keyword density, long tail keywords etc
c) Social media integration of all parts of the website
d) Use Yoast SEO plugin (or other plugin to carry out an onsite SEO analysis) if you use WordPress

OFFSITE SEO
a) Facebook ads campaign (Build your fan page)
b) Google Adwords
c) Guest Posting (Works well if done properly. You can insert the keywords and get organic traffic from there)

PS: You need to answer these questions:
What am I selling? and
what is my USP?

Just my two cents.
Regards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gossipnigeria247 Is A New Community Website Feed And OLX Website In Nigeria / Leading Jaquar Bathroom Fitting Dealers Delhi / I Need A Sample Web Proposal Document To Prepare Mine As A Webmaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.